O.J. Simpson to Receive Parole Hearing in July, Could Be Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
He's too old to Murder people right?

Oldest axe murderer: 100-year-old man bludgeons 88-year-old wife to death
Quote:

A 100-year-old man has become one of the oldest people ever to commit homicide after he killed his wife with an axe as she slept in their home, then killed himself in the bathroom with a knife, it is alleged.
Irony?

LINK

What happened to the poll results?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
We need another poll, jodeke.

Who would you rather have as President:

Trump
OJ
DLo
venturalakersfan

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
This is really bizarre

And lmao "no ones ever accused me of brandishing a weapon at them".

Well, two of them didn't live long enough to make the accusation . . .

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

I hate that he got away with murder, but I'm a deep believer in the rule of law and protections for the innocent that sometimes benefit the guilty. And there's no way he should have served the time he has for what he was convicted of...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I hate that he got away with murder, but I'm a deep believer in the rule of law and protections for the innocent that sometimes benefit the guilty. And there's no way he should have served the time he has for what he was convicted of...

That's what bothers me also. IMO it was a abuse of power, a black eye to the system.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject:

This feels like 1995 again except I'm old

Good thing social media didn't exist back then nobody would get anything done with this trial around.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Well, at least his head is still attached to his body . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad he is getting, so he can resume his search for the real killers...!
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Another win for the law offices of jodeke, jodeke, and J. O. Deke.

Not really, it was a loss for the system. He was sentenced to 33 years for a crime usually punished by 6 months in jail. I'm a believer in the system. The system took a hit.

The judge who did the sentencing should have been removed from the bench. IMO she sentenced him for Nicole Simpson, Ron Goldman's murders. That was a miscarriage of justice.

It made those who believe he committed the murders happy but another murder was committed, the system was killed.

Keep the faith those who think he did the killings, his parole hearing is in Nevada. I'll be surprised if he's granted parole.

I can't hurt too much for this piece of sh. He wasn't convicted of the murders, but he did em. Perhaps with an accomplice. Cosmic justice this is.

So you're in favor of cosmic justice?

What does that say about the justice system? Doesn't that say the system can be circumvented to suit?

There was nothing 'COSMIC' about it. That was just straight up abuse of power and position.

I'm not in favor of it, but things work out as they do. I had zilch to do with it. I DO KNOW that I don't feel bad for a person who cuts a woman's throat in 2 halves. It was his very stupid idea to go to the well again after getting off for the bigger thing. It's like, what can I possibly do about it? He's the one who makes these choices and ONLY age will make him too tired to screw up again. If he were younger, he would reoffend imo. His own God-given personality lends to that assumption.

If you were talking about an INNOCENT law-abiding citizen getting screwed by the justice system, I'd have more sympathy. That's not who we're talking about here. He's a double murderer. A VICIOUS one at that. I don't want double murderers on the streets. The justice system is not perfect. All kinds of outcomes can result. Don't break the law and you won't have to play the game by rules not of your own.

There's a quote by Streep to Phillip S. Hoffman in the movie "Doubt". He screams, "Where's your compassion?!..." (for him) and she replies, "Not where you can get at it..." Speaking of such a situation. Family Values Repub Dennis Hastert got out recently. He should've rotted in there afaic. I get it that the justice system sucks a lot of the times. I do understand what both of you are going for. It's just in this case, my mind on the procedural matter is blocked by the guy who was impacted by it.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Not really, it was a loss for the system. He was sentenced to 33 years for a crime usually punished by 6 months in jail. I'm a believer in the system. The system took a hit.

The judge who did the sentencing should have been removed from the bench. IMO she sentenced him for Nicole Simpson, Ron Goldman's murders. That was a miscarriage of justice.

It made those who believe he committed the murders happy but another murder was committed, the system was killed.

Keep the faith those who think he did the killings, his parole hearing is in Nevada. I'll be surprised if he's granted parole.

I can't hurt too much for this piece of sh. He wasn't convicted of the murders, but he did em. Perhaps with an accomplice. Cosmic justice this is.

What does that say about the justice system? Doesn't that say the system can be circumvented to suit?

There was nothing 'COSMIC' about it. That was just straight up abuse of power and position.

I'm not in favor of it, but things work out as they do. I had zilch to do with it. I DO KNOW that I don't feel bad for a person who cuts a woman's throat in 2 halves. It was his very stupid idea to go to the well again after getting off for the bigger thing. It's like, what can I possibly do about it? He's the one who makes these choices and ONLY age will make him too tired to screw up again. If he were younger, he would reoffend imo. His own God-given personality leans towards that assumption.

If you were talking about an INNOCENT law-abiding citizen getting screwed by the justice system, then yeah. That's not who we're talking about here. I could care less if he gets fair treatment. He's a double murderer. A VICIOUS one at that. I don't want double murderers on the streets. The justice system is not perfect. All kinds of outcomes can result. Don't break the law and you won't have to play the game by rules not of your own.

My feelings are similar:

Sure, OJ got a raw deal in his sentence for the memorabilia. Something I might care about had it been a regular dude getting railroaded for no reason. But he's not. He's a scumbag who murdered the mother of his children and an innocent man. OJ was given the ultimate "get out of jail free" card for murder. In the grand scheme of things, OJ doing 7-8 extra years of easy time in prison versus what he should be facing is a joke . . . so the OJ "victim" thing doesn't fly.

In a world where people completely innocent of anything have spent their entire adult lives in prison over (bleep) convictions, do I care that a judge "unfairly" threw the book at Simpson?

(bleep) no!!!

There are a billion causes worth giving a (bleep) about before OJ getting a harsh sentence even comes NEAR the radar of things one should give a (bleep) about.

And one more thing I care about more than whether OJ got a raw deal in Nevada . . . the fact that so much media energy was spent even covering that vile POS today.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm not in favor of it, but things work out as they do. I had zilch to do with it. I DO KNOW that I don't feel bad for a person who cuts a woman's throat in 2 halves. It was his very stupid idea to go to the well again after getting off for the bigger thing. It's like, what can I possibly do about it? He's the one who makes these choices and ONLY age will make him too tired to screw up again. If he were younger, he would reoffend imo. His own God-given personality leans towards that assumption.

If you were talking about an INNOCENT law-abiding citizen getting screwed by the justice system, then yeah. That's not who we're talking about here. I could care less if he gets fair treatment. He's a double murderer. A VICIOUS one at that. I don't want double murderers on the streets. The justice system is not perfect. All kinds of outcomes can result. Don't break the law and you won't have to play the game by rules not of your own.

My feelings are similar:

Sure, OJ got a raw deal in his sentence for the memorabilia. Something I might care about had it been a regular dude getting railroaded for no reason. But he's not. He's a scumbag who murdered the mother of his children and an innocent man. OJ was given the ultimate "get out of jail free" card for murder. In the grand scheme of things, OJ doing 7-8 extra years of easy time in prison versus what he should be facing is a joke . . . so the OJ "victim" thing doesn't fly.

In a world where people completely innocent of anything have spent their entire adult lives in prison over (bleep) convictions, do I care that a judge "unfairly" threw the book at Simpson?

(bleep) no!!!

There are a billion causes worth giving a (bleep) about before OJ getting a harsh sentence even comes NEAR the radar of things one should give a (bleep) about.

And one more thing I care about more than whether OJ got a raw deal in Nevada . . . the fact that so much media energy was spent even covering that vile POS today.

There was no doubt in my mind that this would happen. And of course, all the 1994-1995 trial stuff was rehashed. It was one of the most sensationalized events in media history back then, so there was just no way that they were going to slow-play this parole hearing. Like sharks smelling blood in the water.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

Well at least he did 9 years essentially for 2 brutal murders.

Better than nothing, good job Nevada.

Memo to the Juice, your LA Privileges are revoked, stay in Florida or somewhere else please. And pay off the Goldman's Deadbeat.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

OJ may be given many opportunities to make money, he's still OJ. If he's able to make money with those opportunities will the Brown's and Goldman's be able to finally get some of the money he owes them? His retirement is protected. If he makes money from, whatever, it's not.

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Well at least he did 9 years essentially for 2 brutal murders.

Better than nothing, good job Nevada.

Memo to the Juice, your LA Privileges are revoked, stay in Florida or somewhere else please. And pay off the Goldman's Deadbeat.

In Florida, he can commit murder and get away with it over and over now.....

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I'm glad he is getting, so he can resume his search for the real killers...!

They're out there on the Florida golf courses somewhere.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

The media just won't let go? MSNBC is doing a segment O.J. Simpson Chasing Freedom tonight. Somebody, somewhere is going to make money off his name. O.J. may be stupid but he's no fool. He's going to get his piece of the pie.

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
but we still actually dont know that either.....based on the evidence presented. This was not a situation where 3 people saw him do it and you had video footage but he got off on a technicality.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3482988/The-evidence-didn-t-prove-Juror-OJ-Simpson-trial-says-s-shot-star-killed-Nicole-not-proof.html

^^listen to that juror (you may need to turn the volume on on the video that pops up to hear it from his own mouth. I was apart of a jury pool for a gang murder trial awhile back. and we found the defendants not guilty. now if you ask any one of us we all said "well. those guys could have done it..i wouldnt put it past them. but was it proven? NOPE"

but i do agree. throwing the book at him for stealing his stuff back and having him setup for that meaning years was shady at best from our criminal justice system.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
but we still actually dont know that either.....based on the evidence presented. This was not a situation where 3 people saw him do it and you had video footage but he got off on a technicality.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3482988/The-evidence-didn-t-prove-Juror-OJ-Simpson-trial-says-s-shot-star-killed-Nicole-not-proof.html

^^listen to that juror (you may need to turn the volume on on the video that pops up to hear it from his own mouth. I was apart of a jury pool for a gang murder trial awhile back. and we found the defendants not guilty. now if you ask any one of us we all said "well. those guys could have done it..i wouldnt put it past them. but was it proven? NOPE"

but i do agree. throwing the book at him for stealing his stuff back and having him setup for that meaning years was shady at best from our criminal justice system.

I'm a advocate for our system. I was on board with Mike Vick's conviction, sentencing and release. I was on board with OJ being found NOT GUILTY, in my mind that didn't say he was INNOCENT, for the deaths of Ron and Nicole.

The Vegas case and sentencing was a black eye for the system. A judge took it upon herself, IMO, to oversenentce for a case for which he was acquitted.

Again, IMO, Jackie Glass is a disgrace to her profession. The system is not built for karma.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I'm still trying to stop laughing from the idea that we don't know that O.J. got away with murder . . . that's (bleep) rich.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Sorry, I'm still trying to stop laughing from the idea that we don't know that O.J. got away with murder . . . that's (bleep) rich.

No one knows, except the killer, many have an opinion.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

And the comedy continues . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

I made a Internet friend debating, If a tree falls in the forest and no one's there, does it make a sound? Evidence says it makes a sound but no one was there so for arguments sake, no one really knows.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I made a Internet friend debating, If a tree falls in the forest and no one's there, does it make a sound? Evidence says it makes a sound but no one was there so for arguments sake, no one really knows.

Philosophy is a fun conversational endeavor. However, Philosophy doesn't defy the empirical sciences. And as much as I love a good philosophical discussion, it essentially is mental masturbation and nothing more - which is why people lamely bail out to the "opinion" crutch.

If a tree falls in the forest, it makes a noise because everything we have learned and KNOW about the physical world is that as long as the tree falls and makes impact with other objects, that physical act will interact with the objects and air around it to create a "sound" of vibrations that will occur regardless of whether someone is there to "hear" it or not. Birds will scatter, leaves will be shaken from trees and the ground will rumble.

To say the tree didn't make sound is about as foolish as saying, "well, there was an ice cube on the sidewalk a half hour ago, and it is a cloudless day with a temperature of 90 degrees . . . I see a puddle, but I don't know for sure that the ice cube melted because I didn't watch it. It might have walked away and then some animal managed to take a piss in the same spot . . ."

Yeah, actually you do, because SCIENCE. Ice melts whether you watch it or not and ice cubes don't walk. They may slide along the ground AS they melt, but they don't pick up and just walk off without a trace.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Philosophy is a fun conversation endeavor. Philosophy doesn't defy the empirical sciences. And as much as I love a good philosophical discussion, it essentially is mental (bleep) and nothing more - which is why people lamely bail out to the "opinion" crutch.

If a tree falls in the forest, it makes a noise because everything we have learned and KNOW about the physical world is that as long as the tree falls and makes impact with other objects, that physical act will interact with the objects and air around it to create a "sound" of vibrations that will occur regardless of whether

To say the tree didn't make sound is about as foolish as saying, "well, there was an ice cube on the sidewalk a half hour ago, and it is a cloudless day with a temperature of 90 degrees . . . I see a puddle, but I don't know for sure that the ice cube melted because I didn't watch it. It might have walked away and then some animal managed to take a piss in the same spot . . ."

Yeah, actually you do, because SCIENCE. Ice melts whether you watch it or not and ice cubes don't walk. They may slide along the ground AS they melt, but they don't pick up and just walk off without a trace.

All you inked are reasons, after awhile, I conceded to 24 the tree made a sound.

In the murders of Nicole, Ron, I own, no one, except the killer, knows.

All evidence points to OJ. My personal opinion is, he was complicit. I don't know if he did or did not actually do the deed, I only have an opinion.

Relating to his trial, Marcia Clark and Chris Darden were out lawyered.

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

dmr... yes we all ASSUMED he was guilty when it all first started to come out. But the jury was there from day one thru all the stuff we may have not seen at least during the actual moments the trial was going on. down to the end.

They knew more than we did on certain specifics, timelines, etc.
The reason people ASSUME that he did it is because he's the only person most of us could assume had the motive to do it. Not because all of the evidence suggests he did it. Do you see the difference?

Odds are a guy that was known for putting hands on women(he hit his ex wife as well as nicole) and then we HEARD her and OJ were acting as if they were getting back together at some point. Then to find out that she was in a relationship of some sort with this other guy. That might be enough to snap. Thats why everyone assume OJ DID IT. even before any evidence was presented. then once the little drips of intel came out most people pushed their guilty narrative onto the evidence to make it all fit together.

and lets say for arguments sake someone else did do it. If the detectives spend all of their time searching for clues to also fit their narrative of "I KNOW HE DID IT." then you could actually lose track of anything pointing to someone else or at worse pointing away from OJ as the guy. This is something you really have to caution yourself for when you're investigating a crime. You can't act like us people in public. but thats exactly what happened when you pay attention to it all. from the detectives to the DA's office got way to emotional about it when you're supposed to have an open mind and follow all clues no matter where they lead. It's obviously not an easy thing to do. since we all have our biases to some degree.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: