Report: Cavaliers locker room smelled of marijuana after Game 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Report: Cavaliers locker room smelled of marijuana after Game 2

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/06/06/reports-cavaliers-locker-room-smelled-of-marijuana-after-game-2/

Quote:
Reports: Cavaliers locker room smelled of marijuana after Game 2

NBA teams open their locker rooms – already full of players and team personnel – after games to media, arena staff and others who snag a credential. It can get quite crowded, and LeBron James speaking in the Cavaliers’ visiting locker room rather than at the podium after their loss to the Warriors in Game 2 of the NBA Finals likely drew even more people into the confined space.

So, there are no shortage of suspects for this strange development.

Mike Wise of The Undefeated:

Follow
Mike Wise ✔ @MikeWiseguy
Cavs locker room has a strong reefer aroma to it tonight. Hey, it's Cali. You're down 2-0 and it's all about pain control. #NBAFinals
11:26 PM - 4 Jun 2017
2,398 2,398 Retweets 2,523 2,523 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Follow
Mike Wise ✔ @MikeWiseguy
To be clear, I don't know who was imbibing marijuana in the Cavs locker room -- media that entered, player, etc. But it wasn't a dead skunk
12:00 AM - 5 Jun 2017
295 295 Retweets 231 231 likes
Follow
Mike Wise ✔ @MikeWiseguy
I grew up in Northern California and Hawaii. I know what cannabis smells like. Coulda been a cameraman, reporter, whatever. I'm not judging.
12:06 AM - 5 Jun 2017
109 109 Retweets 122 122 likes
Brian Windhorst of ESPN confirmed:

This story is more amusing than anything else.

Nobody has pointed the finger at the Cavs. Would any of them really toke up in an NBA Finals locker room with so many people around?

But what if it were a Cleveland player? LeBron said he’d recover from the game with wine, and nobody batted an eye. Recreational marijuana is legal in California. The Collective Bargaining Agreement prohibits players from using marijuana, but that stance based on antiquated ideas about the difference between marijuana and alcohol.

I’d have no problem with a player unwinding from a game with weed. Not-at-all-well-kept secret: It already happens.

To do it in a crowded locker room during the NBA Finals would be needlessly reckless, so there are other layers here. But that’s why I doubt is was a Cavalier anyway.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

Why do JR Smith and Shumpert come to my mind?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject:

Oh who cares anymore.

Light 'em if you have 'em.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

Judging by the misses, they were self-medicating for glaucoma.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject:

Welcome to Cali!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: