John Stockton's father dies at age 89

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: John Stockton's father dies at age 89

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/30/john-stocktons-father-dies-at-age-89/

Quote:
John Stockton’s father dies at age 89

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — The father of Hall of Famer John Stockton has died. He was 89.

John H. “Jack” Stockton died Saturday in Spokane.

Jack Stockton was the co-founder of Jack and Dan’s tavern, which has received national attention in recent years as a gathering place for fans of Gonzaga basketball. He sold his share of the bar, located across the street from the Gonzaga campus, in 2006.

The Spokesman-Review reports that the bar was also a gathering place for Utah Jazz fans during John Stockton’s playing days.

The Jazz tweeted condolences to Stockton’s family:
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Met him, he was a pretty cool guy. A lot nicer than John.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

>John Stockton's father passed

like father, like son. RIP
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject:

RIP
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Really? Did you experience somethin with Johnny? Pray tell.

I thought Stock's HOF speech was one of the best I've ever heard, especially next to Mike's trumpy speech. Salt of the earth, just like his playing days. Interestingly, brash so-called "hood" dudes like GP and AI love JS (PC explanation: "hood" by their own actions, claims, dress, and personalities, not my claims -- GP often cites that he's "from Oakland", which means Oakland as a hood, not Oakland as a city; he cites that as a badge of honor and/or a battle scar, but I digress...). I think they like Stock because he's the polar opposite of their styles. Steady, doesn't talk back, uses the word "holler", tough/rugged, bordering on dirty, does what he has to do, highly smart as a passer which PG types respect as a skill that defines their position.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Really? Did you experience somethin with Johnny? Pray tell.

I thought Stock's HOF speech was one of the best I've ever heard, especially next to Mike's trumpy speech. Salt of the earth, just like his playing days. Interestingly, brash so-called "hood" dudes like GP and AI love JS (PC explanation: "hood" by their own actions, claims, dress, and personalities, not my claims -- GP often cites that he's "from Oakland", which means Oakland as a hood, not Oakland as a city; he cites that as a badge of honor and/or a battle scar, but I digress...). I think they like Stock because he's the polar opposite of their styles. Steady, doesn't talk back, uses the word "holler", tough/rugged, bordering on dirty, does what he has to do, highly smart as a passer which PG types respect as a skill that defines their position.

Stock was a great player, but let's just say on a personal level, the words uptight dick might work well together...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: