Thoughts on this draft strategy, assuming it's possible via CBA rules

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on this draft strategy, assuming it's possible via CBA rules

Trying to figure out how to maximize our assets and make a huge splash before this most important draft...

1. Before the draft trade Deangelo to Sacramento for #5 and #10
2. Package #10, #28, Deng, and filler for Paul George
3. Draft Lonzo Ball at #2
4. Draft Jonathon Isaac at #5

Get our PG of the future in Ball, finally score an All-Star and closer in PG13, and Isaac will be a flourishing under study with George who perhaps has highest ceiling in draft.

Ball
Ingram
Randle
PG13
Isaac
Nance
Clarkson
Black
Zubac
Mozgov
Nwaba

Last edited by RMurphy_22 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Indy is going to take FILLER, Dang and the number #10 pick for George, really?

Not in this universe,

They could probably get the number one pick from Boston for George...
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

That might be best deal Indy gets, remember PG13 has said he's not interested in signing extension anywhere but LA. Other teams aren't going to send assets for a one season rental. Giving Indy a top 10 pick, plus #28, and Deng might get it done.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

RMurphy_22 wrote:
That might be best deal Indy gets, remember PG13 has said he's not interested in signing extension anywhere but LA. Other teams aren't going to send assets for a one season rental. Giving Indy a top 10 pick, plus #28, and Deng might get it done.

Cavs can throw a curve ball and offer K.Love and future pick for PG13. Once he taste the finals, might not wanna leave that super team
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

Cavs can throw a curve ball and offer K.Love and future pick for PG13. Once he taste the finals, might not wanna leave that super team

Possible, but it's still a gamble for Cleveland being George could still walk. I imagine Indy is looking for full rebuild post PG13, not staying mediocre with a lone K.Love.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

I doubt Sacramento even takes DAR for #5 and #10. Too soon to pay big bucks instead of 2 rookie scale contracts with upside.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
I doubt Sacramento even takes DAR for #5 and #10. Too soon to pay big bucks instead of 2 rookie scale contracts with upside.

Great point, I was thinking they weren't in love with any players in those spots and DAR would be the young up and comer to join Buddy Heild in the backcourt
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

RMurphy_22 wrote:
I thought he said he was only interested in resigning with Indiana or Lakers. I don't remember saying he wont sign an extension anywhere but LA.

Indiana can choose to wait and see if he makes an all-nba team, which would allow him to get a super max deal. It's a risk for them but maybe it's worth the risk instead of taking on terrible contract like Deng. If I'm Indiana, I would rather lose Paul George for nothing than be straddled with bad contracts preventing me from rebuilding.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: