View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
tox wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Simple fix here to reclaim the millennials: let the customers cook their own food, let them pay in bitcoin or Venmo, advertise the restaurant as a "safe space" , re-brand as 'socially responsible', advertise using nothing but memes about bacon, remove the parking lot and instead turn into a garden and plant non gmo food for them to wander around with a basket while sipping sulfate free wine, and have a well lit Lyft drop off / pick up zone in front. Change the toilet paper to fine silk for their precious delicate bottoms and there you have it, you've now re-claimed the precious little entitled brats you so covet.

NB: I'm laughing at you, not with you.

ahh looks like I hit a nerve with someone.Make a sad bear meme, you will feel better about it. Then persicope yourself while you update your snap about this grave injustice.

The irony
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
tox wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Simple fix here to reclaim the millennials: let the customers cook their own food, let them pay in bitcoin or Venmo, advertise the restaurant as a "safe space" , re-brand as 'socially responsible', advertise using nothing but memes about bacon, remove the parking lot and instead turn into a garden and plant non gmo food for them to wander around with a basket while sipping sulfate free wine, and have a well lit Lyft drop off / pick up zone in front. Change the toilet paper to fine silk for their precious delicate bottoms and there you have it, you've now re-claimed the precious little entitled brats you so covet.

ahh looks like I hit a nerve with someone. Make a sad bear meme, you will feel better about it. Then persicope yourself while you update your snap about this grave injustice.

Weirdly aggressive. Clearly a cuck snowflake.

alt-right sarcasm, well done I see what you did there!
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
tox wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

ahh looks like I hit a nerve with someone.Make a sad bear meme, you will feel better about it. Then persicope yourself while you update your snap about this grave injustice.

The irony

yeah there is a meme for that too, no? Is that the penguin or the duck? or the little confused looking boy? I can't keep up with the new style of passive aggressive.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
tox wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

The irony

yeah there is a meme for that too, no? Is that the penguin or the duck? or the little confused looking boy? I can't keep up with the new style of passive aggressive.

frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Millenials are also coming into a world where they are carrying huge debts from college, can't afford to buy a new car or home because the costs have skyrocketed from the "good old days".

because they're "like so surprised" that they couldn't land the job they wanted with that Modern Dance degree.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Millenials are also coming into a world where they are carrying huge debts from college, can't afford to buy a new car or home because the costs have skyrocketed from the "good old days".

because they're "like so surprised" that they couldn't land the job they wanted with that Lesbian Dance degree.

I'm not sure where you are going with that but there are plenty of young people with STEM degrees that have a hard time affording a home because they are now seen as an investment vehicle and thus prices have skyrocketed. Good luck trying to buy a home in the Bay Area or LA area nowadays.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

because they're "like so surprised" that they couldn't land the job they wanted with that Lesbian Dance degree.

I'm not sure where you are going with that but there are plenty of young people with STEM degrees that have a hard time affording a home because they are now seen as an investment vehicle and thus prices have skyrocketed. Good luck trying to buy a home in the Bay Area or LA area nowadays.

This.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject:

Applebees, the dodo bird, and Buffalo Wild Wings

Name three things that didn't taste good and went extinct.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject:

But there are so many millennial foodies out there posting food pics of places they eat on IG and yelp
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

Didn the dodo go extinct because it tasted good?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

I dont think its really budgets people have to spend. Bottom tier casual restaurants are simply getting squeezed out of the market by trendy fast casual joints. Why pay more + tip at some boring place like Applebees when you can get a superior meal at a fast casual place because they specialize in that one thing.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I dont think its really budgets people have to spend. Bottom tier casual restaurants are simply getting squeezed out of the market by trendy fast casual joints. Why pay more + tip at some boring place like Applebees when you can get a superior meal at a fast casual place because they specialize in that one thing.

That and foodie/hipster culture. Why go to Buffalo Wild Wings when there are independent gastro pubs and "dive bars" with cheap wings and cable popping up all over the place?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

Millennials... most educated generation ever, least $ income value in 3 generations
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

The problem in the equation is wait staff and alcohol upcharge. If I get a $12 dollar entree to go at a fast casual, it's $12 + $1.25 for a home beer. If I get a $12 entree and a beer at a sit-down casual, its $12 + $3.75 for a beer + $3.15 tip.

$13.25 vs $18.90
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner?!
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Millennials... most educated generation ever, least $ income value in 3 generations

We're talking about millenials here right?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:
But there are so many millennial foodies out there posting food pics of places they eat on IG and yelp

We arent eating at those places.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
governator wrote:

Do you bring anything of substance other than bashing liberalism and millenials?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

If you cook at home often and you put out quality cuisine, you only eat out because you're tired and don't feel like cooking (being pressed for time or you've been drinking), because it's an occasion (where you'd go to a spot with a great dish and ambience) or you're on vacation or on the road, away from home.

If you don't cook, then you probably don't care all that much. Problem is, you can get a better tasting meal at In n Out or The Hat for cheaper than TGI's and the like (especially considering no tip required).
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
If you cook at home often and you put out quality cuisine, you only eat out because you're tired and don't feel like cooking (being pressed for time or you've been drinking), because it's an occasion (where you'd go to a spot with a great dish and ambience) or you're on vacation or on the road, away from home.

If you don't cook, then you probably don't care all that much. Problem is, you can get a better tasting meal at In n Out or The Hat for cheaper than TGI's and the like (especially considering no tip required).

The simple reality is improve your product and people will come back. I rarely ever cook but I never eat chains like TGIF, Ruby's and Applebees. There are just so many better and healthier options especially in SoCal.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
governator wrote:

Do you bring anything of substance other than bashing liberalism and millenials?

do your feelings ever NOT get hurt?
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Used to go to BWW occasionally for happy hour and to catch a game, but their service at two locations spots near my house was some of the worst I have ever seen.

Too many other places that are cheaper and offer better quality for me to ever go back
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
GoldenChild wrote:

Exactly. I'm eating at Taco Bell. Sometimes Jack in the Box or BK when I get some of those sweet coupons in the mail.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
governator wrote:

More people are going to college now than ever
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
GoldenChild wrote:

Exactly. I'm eating at Taco Bell. Sometimes Jack in the Box or BK when I get some of those sweet coupons in the mail.

For me I usually eat at non chain restaurants in the Irvine area. If I'm short on time its usually chipotle, panera or some other healthier options.

And most people don't take pictures at chain family restaurants
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: