Roger Smith,"77 Sunset Strip" star dies at 84

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Roger Smith,"77 Sunset Strip" star dies at 84

http://www.thewrap.com/roger-smith-77-sunset-strip-star-dies-84/

Quote:
Roger Smith, ’77 Sunset Strip’ Star, Dies at 84
Former actor was longtime husband of Ann-Margret

Roger Smith, the star of the 1950s series “77 Sunset Strip” and husband to actress Ann-Margret, has died. He was 84.

Smith passed away on Sunday morning at a hospital in Sherman Oaks, according to a representative.

Beginning in 1958, Smith starred alongside Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. on the hourlong ABC series about a pair of private detectives. Smith played the former government agent Jeff Spencer for five seasons, before exiting the drama due to a medical condition.

He was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, a chronic autoimmune disease that causes severe muscle weakness that worsens after periods of use and activity.

Also Read:
Ann-Margret Returns to Big Screen in Zach Braff's 'Going in Style' Remake (Exclusive)

Following the diagnosis and his marriage to actress Ann-Margret, Smith took on a role managing her career. He produced a number of her projects, including “Ann-Margret: From Hollywood With Love,” “Nobody’s Children” and “C.C. & Company.”

In an interview with People ahead of their 50th wedding anniversary in March, Ann-Margret discussed her marriage to Smith. “I knew he would protect me. I knew that I could depend on him. I sensed it completely,” she said.

“We laugh at ourselves. We get into weird situations. If you can’t laugh at yourself you are in trouble. We laugh before everyone else does,” she said.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject:

He got to bang Ann-Margret?

Lucky bastard. RIP
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject:

For 50 years apparently

I didn't know they were even married
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: