2017-18 Los Angeles Kings Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14193

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Glad they qualified. Now the real test of Stevens' coaching acumen will begin. He knows the guys and was around for the Stanley Cup runs, so the real test will be whether he has the proper gameplan for the team to make a deep playoff run.

Blake's first year as GM seems to be a success. He drafted promising blue chippers, especially Gabriel Vilardi. He managed to dump Gaborik's contract for someone who is at least healthy in Phaneuf. He's done well signing NCAA players like Iafallo and Peterson and the recent signings of high profile NCAA UFAs Brinkley and Rempal. The goalie and D-men pipeline has been shored up with the moves. More importantly, he didn't panic at the deadline and give up a first rounder for a rental. I'm still pissed that Lombardi gave up so much for one year of Lucic, especially when that was a deep draft year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Glad they qualified. Now the real test of Stevens' coaching acumen will begin. He knows the guys and was around for the Stanley Cup runs, so the real test will be whether he has the proper gameplan for the team to make a deep playoff run.

Blake's first year as GM seems to be a success. He drafted promising blue chippers, especially Gabriel Vilardi. He managed to dump Gaborik's contract for someone who is at least healthy in Phaneuf. He's done well signing NCAA players like Iafallo and Peterson and the recent signings of high profile NCAA UFAs Brinkley and Rempal. The goalie and D-men pipeline has been shored up with the moves. More importantly, he didn't panic at the deadline and give up a first rounder for a rental. I'm still pissed that Lombardi gave up so much for one year of Lucic, especially when that was a deep draft year.


Stevens has basically done what Sutter did in the regular season...squeak into the playoffs. But what Sutter has done is be lights out in the playoffs even as an underdog. His style is to grind you and play 100% intelligent hockey. Sutter is also a master at making line changes and really getting his team to elevate their play/hustle. Whether Stevens can match that will be the difference between a first round exit and a deep SC run.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13198
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Well folks, we draw the Vegas Golden Knights. It will be interesting to see if their relatively youthful roster is experienced enough, although Fleury and James Neal have had plenty of playoff success. They've played so well this season but I'm hoping the Kings can grind them down and that Quick stands on his head.
_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41022

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Well folks, we draw the Vegas Golden Knights. It will be interesting to see if their relatively youthful roster is experienced enough, although Fleury and James Neal have had plenty of playoff success. They've played so well this season but I'm hoping the Kings can grind them down and that Quick stands on his head.


I know they have a lot of points this year, but if the Kings play their game I actually would favor us.

Of course, I may be very slightly biased!
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 9964

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Los Angeles Kings (WC1)

Wednesday, April 11, 7 pm: Kings @ Golden Knights

Friday, April 13, 7 pm: Kings @ Golden Knights

Sunday, April 15, 7:30 pm: Golden Knights @ Kings

Tuesday, April 17, 7:30 pm: Golden Knights @ Kings

*Thursday, April 19, 7 pm: Kings @ Golden Knights

*Saturday, April 21, TBD: Golden Knights @ Kings

*Monday, April 23, TBD: Kings @ Golden Knights
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13198
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

It's time. #GoKingsGo
_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41022

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Tough loss in Game 1, I thought Vegas for the most part controlled the game however.

Kings did not generate a lot of quality chances offensively at all.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13198
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Tough loss in Game 1, I thought Vegas for the most part controlled the game however.

Kings did not generate a lot of quality chances offensively at all.


It was a decent effort from us as far as keeping their chances down, but I thought it was a textbook 3rd period defensively by Vegas. The Kings had very little 5-on-5 chances tonight. Still, Brown had what looked like a wide open net on the PP on a rebound but the puck was bouncing on him, and Kopitar made a great move to the backhand in the 3rd (pretty much our only chance in the 3rd) but just had too sharp of an angle to put it in.

Overall, nothing alarming about the loss, but Game 2 will be big.
_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 3879

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

That was a lot of speed. Kind of startled us I thought. Need to adjust to that and forecheck more. Canít have a track meet with Vegas..asking to lose. One of Quickís best games in recent memory so thatís a plus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41022

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
That was a lot of speed. Kind of startled us I thought. Need to adjust to that and forecheck more. Canít have a track meet with Vegas..asking to lose. One of Quickís best games in recent memory so thatís a plus.


I agree on Quick, that was the best I have seen him look in a long time.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13198
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Doughty just got suspended for Game 2. We're in trouble, already down Muzzin and Forbort.
_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41022

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

That is a joke, this series must be mobbed up.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13198
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Gonna be a tough one tonight without Doughty.
_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13198
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

The Kings can't buy a break. Or a goal.
_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13198
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Kings tie it up in the 2nd period on a PP goal. 1-1 after 2 periods. Vegas is pretty much taking it to the Kings tonight but Quick has been strong and we capitalized on a PP. Not generating much offense. Just need 1 bounce here in the 3rd, though. In fact, Vegas' goal was on a PP where they got a perfect bounce of the back boards and right to one of their players in front with basically a wide open net.
_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 9964

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Need to steal this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 40779
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

20 minutes to take home ice . . . Playoff hockey . . . love watching this kind of stuff.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
Heís something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built thatís all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13198
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
20 minutes to take home ice . . . Playoff hockey . . . love watching this kind of stuff.


You just get the sense that we're hanging on for dear life. Gonna need Quick to continue to play well and just take advantage of a chance, or get a bounce. They are all over us.
_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13198
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Overtime. We were starting to get in on the forecheck and get some good possession there in the last 4-5 minutes or so. Let's hope OT is kind to us.
_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14193

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Quick is standing on his head keeping the Kings in the game. The Kings' offense has been stymied without Doughty, Forbort and Muzzin as their top 3. Phaneuf has been playing very well. Kings are very depleted, but just need one goal to tie up the series.

Last edited by LAkers 4 Life on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13198
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

On the PP in OT.
_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13198
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Four periods prove insufficient to settle the issue. Double OT upcoming.
_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14193

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Quick is single-handedly keeping the Kings alive. Kings cannot muster much offense and have gotten lucky so far not have lost on some mistakes with the puck. Hopefully the Kings can get the series equalizer as they're overdue for something good. LA can certainly use the win as the Dodgers are depressing right now and the Lakers season already ended.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13198
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Quick is single-handedly keeping the Kings alive. Kings cannot muster much offense and have gotten lucky so far not have lost on some mistakes with the puck. Hopefully the Kings can get the series equalizer as they're overdue for something good. LA can certainly use the win as the Dodgers are depressing right now and the Lakers season already ended.


I thought we were screwed when Fantenberg made that bad decision to pinch, got caught, and they had a 3-on-1 the other way.
_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14193

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Quick is single-handedly keeping the Kings alive. Kings cannot muster much offense and have gotten lucky so far not have lost on some mistakes with the puck. Hopefully the Kings can get the series equalizer as they're overdue for something good. LA can certainly use the win as the Dodgers are depressing right now and the Lakers season already ended.


I thought we were screwed when Fantenberg made that bad decision to pinch, got caught, and they had a 3-on-1 the other way.


Me too. Actually, several times I thought it was gonna be over because LV was faster moving the puck into the offensive zone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB