Stanley Cup Finals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Stanley Cup Finals

Amazing skills on some of these players, particular Sidney Crosby.

I had never really seen him play that much before these playoffs, he is sensational.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

I find myself more interested in the NHL playoffs than the NBA playoffs and I don't really follow hockey.

I think the Penguins will win the series but the Preds are no joke either(well in this game they are)
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Stanley Cup Finals

LakerLanny wrote:
Amazing skills on some of these players, particular Sidney Crosby.

I had never really seen him play that much before these playoffs, he is sensational.
Best player in the game for a minute now.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I find myself more interested in the NHL playoffs than the NBA playoffs and I don't really follow hockey.

I think the Penguins will win the series but the Preds are no joke either(well in this game they are)

Just as I predicted the Penguins won. Was hoping the Preds would pull it off though.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Crosby is one of the greatest athletes of his generation. What he's done in the last few years is nothing short of remarkable. Back to back Stanley cup champion, World Cup of Hockey Tournament MVP, Olympic Gold medalist, b2b playoffs MVP, etc.

My hats off to him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Apparently Pittsburgh sports teams can't win a championship without getting a little help from the officials. Nashville had two absolutely brutal calls go against them that should have been goals--both of which would've been the first goal of the game--in Game 1 and again last night.

The Game 1 call was particularly egregious, since the call on the ice had to be overturned, they went to the replay, and the replay showed that the guy was onside. Everyone on the broadcast thought he was onside. You need clear and convincing evidence that he was offside to overturn it. They overturned it. It was the single most bewildering call I've ever seen on replay, in any sport. It was remarkably, remarkably fishy.

The one last night wasn't that fishy, because the ref just blew a quick whistle, but it was still a horrifically bad break for Nashville and I don't know why the ref felt the need to blow it down quite that quickly when he was trailing the play. Of course you're going to lose sight of the puck from that angle, but he should've given it another half-second as he skated towards the back of the net. That's all it would've taken for the play to have ended in a goal.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

Stanley Cup Final*

Hockey fans are sticklers about that.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Quick whistle on the Sissons goal was brutal. Puck was rolling around in the crease pretty clearly, and regardless of the angle the official had, he really needed to make sure Murray had that puck before he blew the whistle. Totally cost the Preds in an environment where you felt like any goal was going to be the only goal.

There's a part of me that wondered whether Laviolette used that challenge at the end for goaltender interference in hopes that the officials would give back a makeup call somehow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: