Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

My local theater says "no passes" for certain titles. Does that apply to movie pass too? I want to sign up but it seems all the latest titles fall under that umbrella there.

From what I've heard, there are some theaters that haven't gotten on board.

Bummer. This theater is about 2 miles from my house. Would hvae been the perfect spot for a lazy weekend.

Let me know which theater and I'll check the app to see if it's listed there. I think most theaters accept it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

My local theater says "no passes" for certain titles. Does that apply to movie pass too? I want to sign up but it seems all the latest titles fall under that umbrella there.

Bummer. This theater is about 2 miles from my house. Would hvae been the perfect spot for a lazy weekend.

Let me know which theater and I'll check the app to see if it's listed there. I think most theaters accept it

I looked it up and they do accept it. Guess I should have read the fine print "Special Engagement! No passes accepted the first 7 days". I'm good to go! I'm not a guy that needs to see movies on opening night anyways.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

https://www.moviepass.com/

Scroll down and enter your zip, it'll show you all the theaters near you that accept movie pass. For me, it's basically ever theater in town. Most of the time, when it says 'no passes' those are on big movies and typically opening weekend. Usually after a week or two passes are available to be used.

Also:

Quote:
The ‘no passes accepted’ clause often associated with new movies has nothing to do with using your MoviePass card to see the movie. When a movie theater says this, it means they can’t accept coupons or other discounts, usually at the request of the movie studio. Since your MoviePass card acts as a MasterCard debit card, this won’t apply to you.

https://moviepassfans.com/moviepass-faq/movie-no-passes-29/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

^^^

you're good to go JB!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Big muthahuggin Johnnycakes! Here in OC I mainly go to Regal, Edwards and Krikorian. It's super easy to use now especially since the cashiers are well versed in it now that it's getting more popular. I simply drive to the theater, then open my ap, check in (click on the theater and movie, it's easy), go to the cashier and tell them what movie I want and that I'm using my movie pass, I hand him my physical movie pass card and he swipes it, prints out the ticket, bada bing bada boom.

My buddy got it for me at Costco and he paid 90 bucks for the membership there. This $7.95 deal that moviepass.com is offering right now seems awesome though and even cheaper than Costco. It's usually 129.99 for the year through moviepass.com.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Big muthahuggin Johnnycakes! Here in OC I mainly go to Regal, Edwards and Krikorian. It's super easy to use now especially since the cashiers are well versed in it now that it's getting more popular. I simply drive to the theater, then open my ap, check in (click on the theater and movie, it's easy), go to the cashier and tell them what movie I want and that I'm using my movie pass, I hand him my physical movie pass card and he swipes it, prints out the ticket, bada bing bada boom.

My buddy got it for me at Costco and he paid 90 bucks for the membership there. This $7.95 deal that moviepass.com is offering right now seems awesome though and even cheaper than Costco. It's usually 129.99 for the year through moviepass.com.

Yeah I just moved from Yorba Linda to Westminster a few months ago. There's a regal right around the corner from me. Not the latest and greatest spot but the convenience can't be beat.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

Yeah I just moved from Yorba Linda to Westminster a few months ago. There's a regal right around the corner from me. Not the latest and greatest spot but the convenience can't be beat.

dude regal/edwards is trash, avoid them. Their projection is spotty, and the awful sound quality is a characteristic of every single one of their theaters. If you buy the moviepass, save the convenience of the regal/edwards theaters for movies that don't depend heavily on bombastic sound. Watch at AMC The Block 30 which is less than 20 (or 10) minutes from you including parking depending on how far south of the 22 you are. Sound is excellent there and projection is solid. If Arclight Hollywood is a 10 on sound, the block is a 7, even in their non-premium screen rooms.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

dude regal/edwards is trash, avoid them. Their projection is spotty, and the awful sound quality is a characteristic of every single one of their theaters. If you buy the moviepass, save the convenience of the regal/edwards theaters for movies that don't depend heavily on bombastic sound. Watch at AMC The Block 30 which is less than 20 (or 10) minutes from you including parking depending on how far south of the 22 you are. Sound is excellent there and projection is solid. If Arclight Hollywood is a 10 on sound, the block is a 7, even in their non-premium screen rooms.

Probably a good idea. Nike has 30% off FF at their outlet so I might swing through the block and take care of both things.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:

Just a shame it doesn't cover IMAX. At Edwards Irvine Spectrum, sitting in the IMAX theaters removes you from some of the undesirables in the theater who will either be on their phone, kicking your seat, or talking ghetto speak throughout the entire movie.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

Probably a good idea. Nike has 30% off FF at their outlet so I might swing through the block and take care of both things.

One night I will kidnap you both.
Buena Park mall theaters. First stop at Walmart to stuff our pockets with cheap snacks to sneak in. Npz says he’s down.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

One night I will kidnap you both.
Buena Park mall theaters. First stop at Walmart to stuff our pockets with cheap snacks to sneak in. Npz says he’s down.

Be on alert BP!! That’s a wild bunch.

Just make sure those bathrooms are 5/10 in case/when Huey feels a rumble in the jungle.
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject:

Lmao Chadwick Boseman lowkey looks like KCP
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject:

Yama wrote:
Lmao Chadwick Boseman lowkey looks like KCP

I don't see that at all.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

Lmao black panther lowkey looks kinda like a lion king reboot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

Funny how some complain about MBJ, but I have seen some articles praising him (and his character):

'Black Panther' has the best Marvel supervillain ever. Yes, even better than Loki.

Quote:
Sure, other MCU baddies have been charming (hello, Hela) or surprising (hi, Mandarin) or sympathetic (we see you, Loki). A couple of them have even made good points – Zemo and Vulture's grievances felt legitimate, even if their methods of rectifying them did not.

But Michael B. Jordan's Killmonger is all of those things, and something more besides. It's a truism that every villain sees themselves as the hero in their own story; Killmonger is the first time this has actually felt true in a MCU movie.

Killmonger is a three-dimensional character

‘Black Panther’ is king. But villain Killmonger just took over the bad-guy throne.

Quote:
Erik Killmonger’s reign on the Wakandan throne was short-lived, but he is now the undisputed king of MCU antagonists. There’s Killmonger, and then there’s everybody else.

There was a time when debating the greatest Marvel Cinematic Universe villain of all time before “Avengers: Infinity War’s” theatrical debut would have seemed pointless.

Let’s refer to that time as B.K.: Before Killmonger.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

Meh. Zemo and Loki are more compelling villains, IMO. Killmonger had a lot of potential but as stated earlier, MBJ didn't really shine.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

A buddy of mine pointed that out as well.. kinda true when you you think about it lol
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Killmonger, the character, is the best Marvel movie villain so far.
MBJ did a fine job. It wasn't his best performance. But he was solid.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:

A buddy of mine pointed that out as well.. kinda true when you you think about it lol

It's an extremely common theme throughout history and in a ton of stories as well.
VTECkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I didnt understand how they are so far advanced with the technology? Can someone let me know? Spaceships in 1982... hidden city.. then u got wonder women with horses and ropes.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

VTECkilla wrote:
I didnt understand how they are so far advanced with the technology? Can someone let me know? Spaceships in 1982... hidden city.. then u got wonder women with horses and ropes.

I don't know the comic book history, but from what I saw in the movie, they got the technology by their own research with the metal, and the reasons others don't have it is because they kept it to themselves and saw their responsibility to only use it to help their own people. Most of the world thought those artifacts in the museum were the last of the metal. They kept the amount they had in the mountain a tribe secret.
VTECkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
VTECkilla wrote:

I don't know the comic book history, but from what I saw in the movie, they got the technology by their own research with the metal, and the reasons others don't have it is because they kept it to themselves and saw their responsibility to only use it to help their own people. Most of the world thought those artifacts in the museum were the last of the metal. They kept the amount they had in the mountain a tribe secret.

Yes, but for them to turn rocks into that technology, idk, spaceships before any other marvel spaceship, that train and underground city... they were more advanced than shield or stark.. yet with zero outside influence?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Solid movie. Only bad stuff was shoddy CGI at times. Action scenes were ok but was hoping for a better villain. Top 5 of 7 Marvel movies. Much better than Thor 3 but still think Winter Soldier is best Marvel movie so far.

Saw it today and agree with you about the CGI and it seems to be a common complaint I'm reading in user review.

I was expecting some great fight scenes with the Black Panther character showcasing his unique fighting style but they overdid the CGI when he was in costume to the point where a lot of it just looked really fake. They seemed to want to make him more superhuman like Spider-Man as opposed to a skilled fighter like Captain America.

It was disappointing, especially since both hero and villain had full masks so they could have relied more on stuntmen instead of on so much CGI. I actually thought the character looked a lot better without it in Civil War than in his own movie most likely due to the Russo brothers influence.

The big battle scene at the end wasn't very good and seemed to be filled with movie cliches or borrowed from other fantasy battle scenes.

If the events of this movie happened after Civil War, where was Captain America and why wasn't he helping? Did I miss that part?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

This seems to have happened right after Civil War so Cap was still rescuing his team from the raft prison.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

Saw it. Really liked it. Had the same thoughts about MBJ's portrayal. I felt like it was a combo of what he had to work with and what he brought to the role. Specifically, his dialogue before the ceremonial showdown with T'Challa and his last, climactic line. For as much as I thought the writing came up short at times in terms of his personal development, those two instances of dialogue were potent and I felt like he under-delivered. Agree with the idea that he's been kind of playing himself (or the same character) over and over.

That being said, Killmonger was more than just a one-dimensional villain and that's never a bad thing.

Did anyone feel like the pacing was a little spotty or slow at times? Just seemed a little heavy on the advanced tech showcase sequences and explainery. His little sister playing the role of her brother's Q (from James Bonds films) was a cool twist but it just went on so long. I felt like the initial entrance into the city kind of shored a lot of that up quickly. That entire scene in South Korea just seemed like an excuse to peddle a K-Pop song/artist. But I guess that's just modern filmmaking at this grand scale.

I think Ryan Coogler did some great things and missed on some others but overall, it's a great origin story and sits in the upper half of Marvel films so far.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: