UC Irvine vs Santa Clara

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: UC Irvine vs Santa Clara

Sup Guys,
I am a Political Science major, transferring from a community college. I am deciding between two universities: UCI and SCU. I am having trouble deciding which one to go to, as both are good schools. I feel like UCI has a nicer area and would be more fun, but I don't want to miss out on the oppurtunites of the silicone valley. I am also not sure if its better to go to a small school or a larger school.Also Im planning to go to law school after so going to SCU might help me get into there law school. Fortunately for me, I have a couple scholarships so money isn't an issue.
Please help me,
Thank You
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

I went to school and work nearby UCI. Irvine is very nice and quiet but fun is probably not the word I would use to describe it. There are lots of places to eat in the area and its sort of a hub to all the "fun" spots. I think the people in Irvine are a stuck up and will take some time to get used to if you're not from the area.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
I went to school and work nearby UCI. Irvine is very nice and quiet but fun is probably not the word I would use to describe it. There are lots of places to eat in the area and its sort of a hub to all the "fun" spots. I think the people in Irvine are a stuck up and will take some time to get used to if you're not from the area.

While true, I will note that UCI may as well be UCNB. Tons of people live in Newport Beach and it is not a bad commute. UCI also has a shuttle system that picks people up from Newport. And, of course, costa mesa, laguna and plenty of other enjoyable locales are a convenient drive away.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
nickuku wrote:

While true, I will note that UCI may as well be UCNB. Tons of people live in Newport Beach and it is not a bad commute. UCI also has a shuttle system that picks people up from Newport. And, of course, costa mesa, laguna and plenty of other enjoyable locales are a convenient drive away.

I feel so out of place the closer I get to balboa peninsula. I lived in Newport Beach for a few years and I never felt comfortable or truly at home. I can't recommend it especially for a student. Its hard to describe. The locale is great but the people feel fake almost like mannequins.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Irvine is fun in the same way that Beverly Hills is affordable.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

What do you want to do with your life as a poly sci major? Law school afterwards?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

C'mon its not that bad. We have Diamond Jamboree and.......some other stuff!
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
What do you want to do with your life as a poly sci major? Law school afterwards?

Yessir
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

How did you like the school and the people there ( students , not the people in Irvine)
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Doubt they will be partying it up in Santa Clara considering its a religious school.
That being said the Bay Area is probably a lot more interesting than hanging around the OC.....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: