Breaking: Shooter at GOP baseball practice; Scalise & others shot, shooter dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 40129
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
One of these days, I'd like them to explain what "tyrannical" means. Who decides that a government is tyrannical? An individual? A group? If yes, how big should the group be? Are all governmental employees guilty at that point? Can one kill as many people as one would like? ... Rand Paul needs to explain.


Rand Paul is a feaux Libertarian. Libertarians believe the Federal Government on its face is tyrannical. Of course, Mr. Paul is drawing the good gubmint check, that good gubmint healthcare, AND that good gubmint pension while simultaneously speaking on the evils of the gubmint. His daddy Ron Paul is a feaux Libertarian lifetime gubmint teet sucker too, but whatever...

hoops you needta quit. Once again you've made my day. Tuna on Ritz, lettuce and tomato salad, Roquefort dressing and of course a Heineken chaser. Didn't mess up anything this time.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2175
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ritz


(bleep) you're old
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 40129
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ritz


(bleep) you're old
Unsalted whole wheat. Healthy, try it, you might like it. If you're lucky you may reach my coveted age unless a LG poster catches you in a dark ally.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 15987

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ritz


(bleep) you're old
Unsalted whole wheat. Healthy, try it, you might like it. If you're lucky you may reach my coveted age unless a LG poster catches you in a dark ally.


Creamed chipped beef on Melba toast and a Pabst Blue Ribbon. Baked Alaska for dessert. Peanut brittle as an afternoon snack. Nothin better. Lest it's Beef Stroganoff and for dessert, a bundt shaped Jell-O mold with fruit cocktail. Krug beer for the adults and Mr. Pibb for the kids. A clove cigarette afterwards to settle the stomach.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
NBC intro, CHI 91

NPZ is one of humanity's greatest assests. -Dladi
And of course, I'm indebted to NPZ, our legend. -spflakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12488
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Been staying out of off topic, but popped in to see the reaction to this event. Fits with any reasonable definition of terrorism. To me, this is McVeigh style terrorism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 2887

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

We should have a ban on sunblock since the terrorists in the US seem to be white skinned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 40129
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Listening to CNN. Republicans are concerned town hall meetings may turn violent due to the recent attack on government officials.

I can't say with any validity Trump's administration is responsible, I can only offer a opinion.

In view of recent events I lay much blame at the feet of the present administration.

Mueller's employment is in jeopardy. He's investigating Trump for obstruction of justice. Look for The Donald to fire him.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 32892
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Why are they concerned about town hall meetings? The cowards haven't held any in a long time and duck the ones that are actually held.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 40129
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ritz


(bleep) you're old
Unsalted whole wheat. Healthy, try it, you might like it. If you're lucky you may reach my coveted age unless a LG poster catches you in a dark ally.


Creamed chipped beef
on Melba toast and a Pabst Blue Ribbon. Baked Alaska for dessert. Peanut brittle as an afternoon snack. Nothin better. Lest it's Beef Stroganoff and for dessert, a bundt shaped Jell-O mold with fruit cocktail. Krug beer for the adults and Mr. Pibb for the kids. A clove cigarette afterwards to settle the stomach.

Sounds like you're a ex navy man. I hated that stuff. Didn't get a lot while in port. When we were at sea, Oh Lawdy!!
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2004
Posts: 12266
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Listening to CNN. Republicans are concerned town hall meetings may turn violent due to the recent attack on government officials.

I can't say with any validity Trump's administration is responsible, I can only offer a opinion.

In view of recent events I lay much blame at the feet of the present administration.

Mueller's employment is in jeopardy. He's investigating Trump for obstruction of justice. Look for The Donald to fire him.


Oh so NOW Rethugs are worried about government officials being targets. It's all good when they're the bullies, when they're the ones stoking the flames, when they think they got all the hate and vitriol under control. Then a day like today happens... not such a friendly view from the other side of things.
_________________
Nicolas Caldwell (The Whispers) 1944-2016
Natalie Cole 1950-2016
David Bowie 1947-2016
Glenn Frey 1948-2016
Maurice White 1941-2016
Malik Isaac Taylor aka Phife 1970-2016
Prince 1958-2016
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 40129
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Why are they concerned about town hall meetings? The cowards haven't held any in a long time and duck the ones that are actually held.


Republicans have to start looking not only at what Trump's doing their party but what he's doing to the country as a whole.

LINK

Rep. DeSantis: Shooting Suspect Asked if ‘Republicans or Democrats’ on Field


Quote:
The man approached him and Duncan in their car and asked who was playing, and Duncan responded that they were Republicans, DeSantis said.
The 2nd amendment people are showing up. Not the way Donald wanted them to though.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 32892
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Irrelevant. Theyve been ducking the gatherings for a while. This would simply be giving them an excuse after the fact. #coward #sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 40129
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Irrelevant. Theyve been ducking the gatherings for a while. This would simply be giving them an excuse after the fact. #coward #sad

I know. The ones who do show up catch hell.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 32892
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Golly! You do thing that screw your constituents and they get mad? Whodathunkit?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 37263

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Not really shocked it has come to this. The political environment is pretty toxic on both sides.


I agree.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1121

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
One of these days, I'd like them to explain what "tyrannical" means. Who decides that a government is tyrannical? An individual? A group? If yes, how big should the group be? Are all governmental employees guilty at that point? Can one kill as many people as one would like? ... Rand Paul needs to explain.


Rand Paul is a feaux Libertarian. Libertarians believe the Federal Government on its face is tyrannical. Of course, Mr. Paul is drawing the good gubmint check, that good gubmint healthcare, AND that good gubmint pension while simultaneously speaking on the evils of the gubmint. His daddy Ron Paul is a feaux Libertarian lifetime gubmint teet sucker too, but whatever...

hoops you needta quit. Once again you've made my day. Tuna on Ritz, lettuce and tomato salad, Roquefort dressing and of course a Heineken chaser. Didn't mess up anything this time.


Rand Paul was a MD for 18 Years and Ron Paul was a flight surgeon in the Air Force. Both of them didn't need the government to hold their hand.

Tyrannical is exercising power in a cruel or arbitrary way. The People of this country are the ones who decide if a government has become tyrannical and most people don't think our government will become tyrannical but that is the problem its not the icebergs that captains see coming that sink ships.

It wasn't the most classy thing Rand has ever twitted though Edit: didnt know rand posted this a year ago, so it doesnt affect his class
_________________
Ball Clarkson Ingram Randle Lopez

Nwaba Hart Kuzma Nance Zubac


Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 18663
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Own up to it Repubs.

Quote:
Senator Rand Paul‏ Verified account
@RandPaul
Follow

.@Judgenap: Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!


That was the original intent, geared to arm a militia. It's since been bastardized by gun enthusiast and the NRA.


As you were there in the room for the drafting of the 2nd Amendment, I'll trust you when you say that was the original intent.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 5347

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
One of these days, I'd like them to explain what "tyrannical" means. Who decides that a government is tyrannical? An individual? A group? If yes, how big should the group be? Are all governmental employees guilty at that point? Can one kill as many people as one would like? ... Rand Paul needs to explain.


Rand Paul is a feaux Libertarian. Libertarians believe the Federal Government on its face is tyrannical. Of course, Mr. Paul is drawing the good gubmint check, that good gubmint healthcare, AND that good gubmint pension while simultaneously speaking on the evils of the gubmint. His daddy Ron Paul is a feaux Libertarian lifetime gubmint teet sucker too, but whatever...

hoops you needta quit. Once again you've made my day. Tuna on Ritz, lettuce and tomato salad, Roquefort dressing and of course a Heineken chaser. Didn't mess up anything this time.


Rand Paul was a MD for 18 Years and Ron Paul was a flight surgeon in the Air Force. Both of them didn't need the government to hold their hand.

Tyrannical is exercising power in a cruel or arbitrary way. The People of this country are the ones who decide if a government has become tyrannical and most people don't think our government will become tyrannical but that is the problem its not the icebergs that captains see coming that sink ships.

It wasn't the most classy thing Rand has ever twitted though Edit: didnt know rand posted this a year ago, so it doesnt affect his class


Just a small note regarding gov't holding hand, all doctors must go thru residency training which is a government subsidized medical training. I think just because you're rich, doesn't mean you don't get benefits from government. Might not be in the form of food stamp/subsidized housing but in other forms of hand holding. Maybe you meant that Rand Paul and Ron Paul are MD so they have higher income and pay more tax?


Last edited by governator on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 40129
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Own up to it Repubs.

Quote:
Senator Rand Paul‏ Verified account
@RandPaul
Follow

.@Judgenap: Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!


That was the original intent, geared to arm a militia. It's since been bastardized by gun enthusiast and the NRA.


As you were there in the room for the drafting of the 2nd Amendment, I'll trust you when you say that was the original intent.

I was, she was holding me on her lap. Are you jealous?

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 18234

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.


It's hard to ignore that language. Anyway, the militia argument has now been shot down by the Supreme Court. Correctly, in my opinion.

But this is a topic for a different thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 40129
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.


It's hard to ignore that language. Anyway, the militia argument has now been shot down by the Supreme Court. Correctly, in my opinion.

But this is a topic for a different thread.

Supreme Court aside. Personally do you think the 2nd amendment has been bastardized? Do you think the original intent was to arm a militia not to revert to the Wild Wild West?

EDIT: Do you agree with all SC decisions? I don't, I don't think you do either.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
focus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2012
Posts: 1395

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/14/congress-baseball-shooter-trump-hater/

-66 year-old white male
-Bernout
-was part of social media group "Terminate the Republicans"
-hated Trump and Hillary

This was a true terrorist attack.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/rachel-maddow-no-correspondence-from-gop-baseball-gunman-who-professed-admiration-for-her-show/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 18234

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Supreme Court aside. Personally do you think the 2nd amendment has been bastardized? Do you think the original intent was to arm a militia not to revert to the Wild Wild West?

EDIT: Do you agree with all SC decisions? I don't, I don't think you do either.


First question: Not yet. Second question: Neither. Third question: No, but I agree on this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 8977

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

luckily this lunatic was a poor shot... 40+ bullets and nobody died except him
_________________
tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 3667
Location: My own little piece of reality

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
luckily this lunatic was a poor shot... 40+ bullets and nobody died except him


Yeah, I hate to say it but if he was a good marksman, with an semi-automatic rifle and element of initial surprise, he could have done a lot of damage firing at a field full of unsuspecting people. Two of the people he did hit suffered some serious injuries, if he had hit more...

I read he was behind a fence so never really got out on the field. So when people basically scattered and took cover he couldn't, or at least didn't, go hunting them down plus the security detail started returning fire. If he had gotten to the large group of people huddling in the dugout, that would have been horrific.
_________________
There are certain truths that are not alternative, they are self evident.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB