The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 400, 401, 402 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Quote:
After graduating high school, (Rich) Paul was buying throwback jerseys from Atlanta and selling them out of his trunk in Cleveland. In 2002 he met LeBron James, who was impressed by Paul's authentic Warren Moon throwback jersey, at the Akron-Canton Airport; both on their way to Atlanta, Paul to restock and LeBron to the Final Four. The two exchanged contact information, and soon Paul hooked James up with a Magic Johnson Lakers jersey and a Joe Namath Rams uniform.

How we've come full circle lol It's meant to be

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Paul

That vulture!

never been a man more in the right place and the right time....I am not even suggesting he does not earn his keep and been valuable in Lebron's career....but odds are if that random meeting does not take place....Paul is a lot closer to still hustling jerseys out of his trunk than a wealthy entrepreneur.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Rather be lucky than good!
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

LAC scares me a little.

Clipper fans would be happy just to make the playoffs with Bron at the helm.

I would officially stop listening to AM 710 cause Wiley would be super obnoxious/annoying.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
LAC scares me a little.

I would officially stop listening to AM 710 cause Wiley would be super obnoxious/annoying.

I do not care what anyone says....I do not think Lebron is going somewhere unless he feels they have or will have the pieces to contend next year....just cannot see him settling for just making the playoffs.....it is just who he is.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Kava wrote:
LAC scares me a little.

I do not care what anyone says....I do not think Lebron is going somewhere unless he feels they have or will have the pieces to contend next year....just cannot see him settling for just making the playoffs.....it is just who he is.

That's why I don't listen to that idiot Wiley. Clippers suck and will always suck. No reason for Lebron or anyone else to go to such a loser franchise. Not sure why Jerry West is consulting for them. I think Steve Balmer is great but who wants that loser Clipper legacy?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
LAC scares me a little.

He's not going to the Clippers. His camp has shot it down three times already. They have as much of a shot as the Grizzlies.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but on PTI they just mentioned that CP3 told Stephen A Smith that Lebron doesn't want to play in Houston because he doesn't like that city, and therefore (according to the report) Houston is out of the Lebron sweepstakes, and that Lebron wants to come to LA. Take it for what it's worth.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but on PTI they just mentioned that CP3 told Stephen A Smith that Lebron doesn't want to play in Houston because he doesn't like that city, and therefore (according to the report) Houston is out of the Lebron sweepstakes, and that Lebron wants to come to LA. Take it for what it's worth.

That’s not entirely accurate. On First Take this morning, Stephen A said that he did not talk directly with Chris Paul. This was told to him by someone else that said CP told them that. He didn’t receive that message from CP directly
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
slavavov wrote:

That’s not entirely accurate. On First Take this morning, Stephen A said that he did not talk directly with Chris Paul. This was told to him by someone else that said CP told them that. He didn’t receive that message from CP directly

I see, my bad for the (somewhat) wrong info. Thanks for clarifying what actually happened.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

July 1st can't come soon enough.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
Found this on reddit. Apparently it's from Marc Stein's newsletter that came out today

Quote:
Paul George: One and Done or One Plus One?Since last week’s newsletter itemabout the Thunder’s better-than-expected chances of retaining the All-Star forward Paul George in free agency, I’ve heard even more support around the league for the idea that Oklahoma City can really convince George to stay.No deal is done until it’s done, as they say, so there will be no tangible relief in O.K.C. until George officially spurns his hometown Los Angeles Lakers this summer to stay put alongside Russell Westbrook. Kevin Durant’s departure in 2016 is still too fresh — as is George’s well-chronicled interest to play in L.A. — for any premature celebrations.

But it has reached the point that potential contract scenarios are starting to circulate. More than one rival team has suggested to me that they expect George to strongly consider a two-year deal with the Thunder at $30.3 million next season and $32.7 million in 2019-20 that includes a player option to return to free agency next summer.

A full five-year deal with the Thunder would be worth a guaranteed $176 million, as my trusted Twitter salary cap consultant @AlbertNahmad reminds me, but the short-term option does come with several potential benefits. By signing what’s known as a “one-plus-one deal,” George would be giving himself more time to see how he likes Oklahoma City (and how the Thunder upgrade the roster) before making a longer commitment — while also locking in more than $60 million guaranteed as protection against another serious injury.

Outside of Melo leaving $27 M on the table, I don't know what they can do.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
tnell wrote:
Found this on reddit. Apparently it's from Marc Stein's newsletter that came out today

Quote:
Paul George: One and Done or One Plus One?Since last week’s newsletter itemabout the Thunder’s better-than-expected chances of retaining the All-Star forward Paul George in free agency, I’ve heard even more support around the league for the idea that Oklahoma City can really convince George to stay.No deal is done until it’s done, as they say, so there will be no tangible relief in O.K.C. until George officially spurns his hometown Los Angeles Lakers this summer to stay put alongside Russell Westbrook. Kevin Durant’s departure in 2016 is still too fresh — as is George’s well-chronicled interest to play in L.A. — for any premature celebrations.

But it has reached the point that potential contract scenarios are starting to circulate. More than one rival team has suggested to me that they expect George to strongly consider a two-year deal with the Thunder at $30.3 million next season and $32.7 million in 2019-20 that includes a player option to return to free agency next summer.

A full five-year deal with the Thunder would be worth a guaranteed $176 million, as my trusted Twitter salary cap consultant @AlbertNahmad reminds me, but the short-term option does come with several potential benefits. By signing what’s known as a “one-plus-one deal,” George would be giving himself more time to see how he likes Oklahoma City (and how the Thunder upgrade the roster) before making a longer commitment — while also locking in more than $60 million guaranteed as protection against another serious injury.

Not only that but PG’s entire family wants him in LA. He can win here with Bron and be happy with his family or stay in a hick town with the gunner and have no chance of winning.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
tnell wrote:

Quote:

If he is doing a 1+1 he is intending to evaluate their moves next summer, not this one.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
tnell wrote:

Quote:

If he is doing a 1+1 he is intending to evaluate their moves next summer, not this one.

I think he would do that so he can get to 10byear player max in 2 years. He would probably do the 1+1 here also
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject:

I like how when it's reported that "other team execs expect/advise that another player does such & such" or "should do this & that", we take it as a near-certainty of it happening.

Other FOs are scared of what the Lakers can do so they're just floating out ideas to keep George in OKC. Wouldn't be surprised if "league sources are highly confident the Thunder will resolve the Anthony by being creative with his contract resolution" and it's just plagiarizing the Pincus extend-and-stretch idea.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
tnell wrote:

Quote:

Not only that but PG’s entire family wants him in LA. He can win here with Bron and be happy with his family or stay in a hick town with the gunner and have no chance of winning.

WB will NEVER get the blame there. It will most certainly fall on him.

Oh and he could also be Blake Griffin’s bc they have no tradeable assets either. Sounds like fun!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

That's why I don't listen to that idiot Wiley. Clippers suck and will always suck. No reason for Lebron or anyone else to go to such a loser franchise?

He isn't going to the friggen Clippers, don't worry.

He would be laughed at in LA if he did that, ask Chris Paul when he threw out the first pitch at Dodger Stadium.

LA is and will always be a Laker town. Ballmer should move them to Seattle or Vegas and be done with it already.
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1560062
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Leonard reportedly met with Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich on Tuesday, but it's unclear if that meeting affected the motivations or plans for player or team.

So there's the media's way out, just in case the hot takes don't happen.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

I know there are Cavs fans lurking here. I know our Lakers Exceptionalism is chomping away at your tired, beating hearts. It's okay. Just a few clicks and you too can join us in our quest for #17. You'll no long have to "Defend the Land" with your coal stained hands. You'll be a part of a Nation. Lakers Nation. You'll no longer have to rely on the Browns, or NASCAR, or the Tribe when the Cavs inevitably fade off into obscurity. You too can enjoy Space Jam 2, when the Monstars come back, this time for the Lakers and Lebron James. You too can be happy for the James family, enjoying life in Brentwood, CA. They can finally be at home and at peace. They got married in CA. They live here in the off season. Now they can live here all year round. Oh, and the state income tax? Don't worry about that. Lebron James is rich. He can pay it. And the best thing about being a Lakers fan is if no free top free agents sign with us... We'll still be in the news. We'll still dominate headlines 24/7. We'll still draft great players late in the draft while other GMs are caught with their hands down their pants. We'll still have the beaches, the sunshine, the beautiful weather. And the women... well... I'll just stop right there.

Sleep Well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

BRANDON INGRAM 14 wrote:

cant help but call bs on this line...

Quote:
In either case, Leonard prefers to be a Laker rather than a Clipper, but the Spurs are unlikely to trade him to the Lakers, according to Wojnarowski and Shelburne.

stuff like this is always said....but in my opinion, this is 1980's bs. A team is going to take the best deal offered. Nobody even considered Kyrie would be sent to Boston....but that was the best deal Cleveland was offered. If the Lakers offer the most attractive package of assets, and the Spurs have decided to move Kawhi.....he will be a Laker.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

BRANDON INGRAM 14 wrote:

This is the power play Kawhi has to make to force his way to LA (and not that JV Los Angeles Clippers team)

I still maintain the best move for KL is Ingram, Randle (S&T), #25 for Kawhi. Two guys Pop can easily build around and guys Pop knows, Julius agrees for the opp to play for Pop (hehe) and back home. Pop gets the most out of Ingram (which is scary).

LeBron gets a max and then whatever happens with PG is either cherry on top or the opportunity to go and use those funds on more guys who can help win games.

Means we'd have to move Deng's deal but maybe Hart + future picks can get it done (though I don't want to move Josh).

Ugh, things are just so fluid I find myself changing my mind every day but if Kawhi does his part and puts enough pressure on SA, maybe we can get him with still keeping a youngster or 2.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

tommorow will have something to say about July 1st Yinoma... GO LAKERS SUPERTEAM!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

tommorow will have something to say about July 1st Yinoma... GO LAKERS SUPERTEAM!

Now this is going to be FUN!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 400, 401, 402 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next
Page 401 of 2085
Jump to: