The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 401, 402, 403 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

Looks at LD2K's LAvengers video... the man already knows!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Time to update it with a post-post credits scene... with Kawhi Leonard
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

oh my
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

Dude. LD2K was so a week and a half ago! 😜
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

Is LeBron practicing at the UCLA health training facility yet?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

Just read some stupid article on Forbes about how we'll have to settle on Lebron because we aren't getting all 3. To add insult to insult, he mentions GT and Lakersfilmroom and says Pete suggests that Lebron is already coming to LA.

I'm not linking this douche.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
danzag wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

oh my

It'd be Lebron turning to the camera, mumbling "Who the hell are you guys?" and then there's Kawhi, standing, staring, stoic right back at him. And cut to black two seconds after it starts to get awkward
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Just read some stupid article on Forbes about how we'll have to settle on Lebron because we aren't getting all 3. To add insult to insult, he mentions GT and Lakersfilmroom and says Pete suggests that Lebron is already coming to LA.

Smart money would say we aren’t getting all 3
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Smart money would say we aren’t getting all 3

I'm not really upset over not getting the Big 3. He's making a very safe bet there. Just hope that he's not putting words into GT's mouth. I guess that's part of the business, especially this new style of "journalisms" with contributors, bloggers, and click bait artists.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

Am I the only one that finds it odd that our chances at getting LeBron are greater then getting Paul George? Something definitely seems awkward.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Am I the only thing that finds it odd that our chances at getting LeBron are greater then getting Paul George? Something definitely seems awkward.

Well, also that's the way the wind is blowing in the media.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Am I the only one that finds it odd that our chances at getting LeBron are greater then getting Paul George? Something definitely seems awkward.

No I've had that feeling for a while now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Thanks, Pokoy .. I guess it’s not shocking for some fans.. maybe LeBron is fine coming alone.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Thanks, Pokoy .. I guess it’s not shocking for some fans.. maybe LeBron is fine coming alone while he waits to see what the FO does by bringing him help via trades and FA.

It's because the whispers around Lebron are about him looking out for his family's wishes the most, whereas the whispers around PG are about him being tight with Westbrook, not wanting to disappoint him, and OKC having a better chance of re-signing him than many believe.

Personally I really think it will come down to Magilinka's presentation to him. If we still had Jim and Kupchak doing the wooing for us I think I'd have completely given up on them by now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Thanks, Pokoy .. I guess it’s not shocking for some fans.. maybe LeBron is fine coming alone.

I don’t think he’s fine coming alone. If anything, the fact that it’s pretty clear that he’s coming is additional confirmation that he believes PG is as well.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don’t think he’s fine coming alone. If anything, the fact that it’s pretty clear that he’s coming is additional confirmation that he believes PG is as well.

Good point
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Thanks, Pokoy .. I guess it’s not shocking for some fans.. maybe LeBron is fine coming alone while he waits to see what the FO does by bringing him help via trades and FA.

It's because the whispers around Lebron are about him looking out for his family's wishes the most, whereas the whispers around PG are about him being tight with Westbrook, not wanting to disappoint him, and OKC having a better chance of re-signing him than many believe.

Personally I really think it will come down to Magilinka's presentation to him. If we still had Jim and Kupchak doing the wooing for us I think I'd have completely given up on them by now.

Yeah, if the wife and kids have flat out said “LA only” then I don’t think it’s that serious if we don’t get PG, although he will probably ask the FO to get another star like Dame or Walker if PG doesn’t come.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

With regards to PG in particular, I think we won't get a definitive bead on him until he finishes with his FA meetings. At this point, the only people talking to him (supposedly) are members of OKC's front office, so it's natural that every little snippet of info being passed along to reporters will be pro-OKC. I have a feeling that will change come July 1st.
HisAirness24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
governator wrote:
danzag wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

oh my

It'd be Lebron turning to the camera, mumbling "Who the hell are you guys?" and then there's Kawhi, standing, staring, stoic right back at him. And cut to black two seconds after it starts to get awkward

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Kava wrote:
LAC scares me a little.

Clipper fans would be happy just to make the playoffs with Bron at the helm.

I would officially stop listening to AM 710 cause Wiley would be super obnoxious/annoying.

I do not care what anyone says....I do not think Lebron is going somewhere unless he feels they have or will have the pieces to contend next year....just cannot see him settling for just making the playoffs.....it is just who he is.

i dont know why everyone is making this so hard. this is the lakers. not some other team. when we have a star player we put things around said star player to be in contention. the only time that didnt happen was the few years kobe had to deal with brian cook and smush. but that was fresh after the shaq trade. no team can retool after winning a 3 peat then trading one of their big two and the other guys aging out. so that lull was to be expected.

If lebron comes here now. we will with our current talent be a contender OR we will trade some pieces away to upgrade. it doesnt have to be a bunch of star players to be in contention. now it does have to be stars and role guys to beat the warriors. but contention aint necessarily beating a super shooter team like the warriors. ask bron. he has contended but only won once by fluke of them losing draymond in a suspension and iggy/bogut getting hurt the following game. So if all bron needs to do is CONTENT. come on thru. we will always make sure we're in contention if we have at least one true #1 on the team.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
aron Goldhammer
@HammerNation19

. [AT] RamonaShelburne on LBJ/Lavar Ball: "Lavar Ball is like a bug on a windshield to him."

Are we sure? Everyone is saying Lavar is preventing Lebron from coming to the Lakers.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

FYI Ramona said LeBron will want to play with Ball cause he would extend his career
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
aron Goldhammer
@HammerNation19

. (@) RamonaShelburne on LBJ/Lavar Ball: "Lavar Ball is like a bug on a windshield to him."

Are we sure? Everyone is saying Lavar is preventing Lebron from coming to the Lakers.

I can see Kobe affecting LBJ's decision more than Lavar (and even then I doubt Kobe can really do anything anyway). Lavar is a tool.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Nobody gives a (bleep) about LaVar Ball.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Lavar is, to me, a distant yet extant third on the list of concerns regarding Lonzo - the first two being that he can't shoot and that he appears to be very injury prone.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 401, 402, 403 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 402 of 2086
Jump to: