The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 410, 411, 412 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:
STOP TALKING DWIGHT HOWARD INTO EXISTENCE. I'd take Brook 1000x over. I'd even take Nerlens Noel and I've been quite vocal about signing malcontents like him. Howard is worse because he's annoying as well. Noel is mercurial but Howard is eye-rolling immature.

I'd sign Dwight Howard just to keep him from going to the Warriors or the Celtics.

We have to start thinking like a playoff team... if he wants to sign for a room exception as a ring chaser... you take him... just to keep him from helping the enemy.

I have no problem with Dwight going to some weaker team in the East... I was fine with him over in Brooklyn...but I don't want to see him going to Portland, Cleveland, Denver standing in for MPJ until he's healthy, and especially not GSW or the Celtics instead of Baynes.

I'd love him to go to GSW, he doesn't fit their system well at all, he'd complain about a lack of post-ups, and annoy the entire lockerroom
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
Vottomatic wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bad part about LeBron coming is that the FO might go ahead and sign Howard if we can’t bring back Lopez for cheap, hopefully the FO has moved on from that clown.

As much as i hate Howard it wouldn't be a bad move as long as LeBron and the coaching staff could keep him in check

Yeah, I'd actually welcome him back if he accepts his Tyson Chandler role and keeps his mouth shut just so he doesn't go to the Warriors or Celtics.

Only for the Room exception

Haha, man, I was thinking signing him for the minimum. And there would have to be very strict rules. Something along the lines like:

#1. Dwight Howard shall not be allowed to talk to anyone. Ever.

#2. Dwight Howard shall bow his head to a large, framed photograph of Kobe Bryant set up above his locker before and after he puts on his uniform.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Assume LeBron comes and PG13 stays in OKC, can we throw the money reserve for him at Cepela? He’d be the perfect center for a LeBron led team.

I won’t be shocked if we went after DJ with the 2nd max, I don’t think the Rockets will let go of Capela.

I have a feeling DJ will opt in and this will be a moot point. And I'm not trading anything of value to the Clippers for DJ.

There is whispers that Jordan is done with the Clippers and is ready to move on, I wouldn’t be shocked if he went to Houston or Dallas

Source?

Or were they in your head?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Cant stand Dwight Howard but would gladly take him back for the vet min.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Assume LeBron comes and PG13 stays in OKC, can we throw the money reserve for him at Cepela? He’d be the perfect center for a LeBron led team.

I won’t be shocked if we went after DJ with the 2nd max, I don’t think the Rockets will let go of Capela.

I have a feeling DJ will opt in and this will be a moot point. And I'm not trading anything of value to the Clippers for DJ.

There is whispers that Jordan is done with the Clippers and is ready to move on, I wouldn’t be shocked if he went to Houston or Dallas

Source?

Or were they in your head?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1009558392719880193

Ramona is saying he wants out and said he could be apart of our plans
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

I rather have Dwight over Brook. Dwight can at least grab rebounds and dunk. Lonzo needs a lob threat. Everytime I think of Brook, I think of him getting a lob from Lonzo and getting rim stuffed. Also save it with the, "he can stretch the floor", the man shot 34% from 3.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

It’s happening y’all.

Zo/vet PG
PG/Hart/Svi
Ingram/Kuzma/Hart
Lebron/Kuzma
Lopez/Wagner

I’m ready.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Cant stand Dwight Howard but would gladly take him back for the vet min.

he’s gonna want the room exception at the very least
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Is it up to 52% today?

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
Is it up to 52% today?

100%
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
It’s happening y’all.

Zo/vet PG
PG/Hart/Svi
Ingram/Kuzma/Hart
Lebron/Kuzma
Lopez/Wagner

I’m ready.

Let's go!
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bad part about LeBron coming is that the FO might go ahead and sign Howard if we can’t bring back Lopez for cheap, hopefully the FO has moved on from that clown.

That bridge is very likely burned for eternity.

What do you lose by signing D12 to a small one year contract? If he is a cancer trade him or cut him!!
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

If Dwight got a brain transplant I would welcome him. Dude gets double doubles in his sleep, still a decent defender.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
Practice wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

What do you lose by signing D12 to a small one year contract? If he is a cancer trade him or cut him!!

If Lopez is willing to take the same deal, then he's a better option by far.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
Practice wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why even bother taking a chance on a guy who comes with the disclaimer, "if it goes how we all most likely expect it to go we can just act like it never happened"?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
KOBEWEST wrote:
Dan Patrick apparently reported Lebron is opting out of his contract . If true does this eliminate Houston?

No, Lebron can still get a sign and trade done if the teams match up as long as Cavs don't renounce his rights.

IIRC, Houston and Cleveland can't do a sign and trade due to being over the cap.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:
STOP TALKING DWIGHT HOWARD INTO EXISTENCE. I'd take Brook 1000x over. I'd even take Nerlens Noel and I've been quite vocal about signing malcontents like him. Howard is worse because he's annoying as well. Noel is mercurial but Howard is eye-rolling immature.

I'd sign Dwight Howard just to keep him from going to the Warriors or the Celtics.

We have to start thinking like a playoff team... if he wants to sign for a room exception as a ring chaser... you take him... just to keep him from helping the enemy.

I have no problem with Dwight going to some weaker team in the East... I was fine with him over in Brooklyn...but I don't want to see him going to Portland, Cleveland, Denver standing in for MPJ until he's healthy, and especially not GSW or the Celtics instead of Baynes.

yeah we can think like a play off team and let that piece of crap infiltrate the GSW locker room and ruin their chemistry
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
If Dwight got a brain transplant I would welcome him. Dude gets double doubles in his sleep, still a decent defender.

Im only suggesting this if we get the other 2 big fish... LBJ & Pg13... those two could help keep D12 in line... I dont trust him with our youngsters without the other two coming in. But he could be our Javale Mcgee type, use him in that type of role.

Let Randle walk... keep that money for kawhi next year!

Watch our youngsters grow for a year.. Learn from LBJ and PG13 how to be professionals while competing in a deep playoff run.
jjin28
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I posted this in the free agent thread, but should put it here too. Lines on landing bron have improved.

Somethings brewing. Vegas odds of lakers winning the ship got better. They were before at +1200 after the pg13 and bron speculation. Line changed to +500, which is now tied for 2nd best odds to win the ship with houston. That is a major line change. Something is brewing.

Also, odds to get bron also got better from -140 to now -300. These odds are as of today, 6/22, day after draft.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Orlando after adding Dwight plus 15 games rookie season

Lakers after adding Dwight... (we got worse... won more games... but winning percentage was worse because of strike shortened season)

Houston after adding Dwight plus 9 games

Atlanta after adding Dwight minus 5 games (but lost Horford)

Charlotte after adding Dwight no effect.

Dwight as a starter generally wins you more games. We worsened but I think that could be attributed to Nash's injury along with the bad team chemistry.
We also lost Bynum.

With Houston it was a mixed bag... two good seasons and one bad but still made the playoffs in the bad season and they had no depth. Two man team with Ariza and Beverley.

Bottom line he's annoying but you generally will win more games.

As a role player... he's good value. If Swaggy didn't disrupt GSW... then I doubt Dwight will have a negative effect on them.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

jjin28 wrote:
I posted this in the free agent thread, but should put it here too. Lines on landing bron have improved.

Somethings brewing. Vegas odds of lakers winning the ship got better. They were before at +1200 after the pg13 and bron speculation. Line changed to +500, which is now tied for 2nd best odds to win the ship with houston. That is a major line change. Something is brewing.

Also, odds to get bron also got better from -140 to now -300. These odds are as of today, 6/22, day after draft.

Thanks for the update!!! Smart money !
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Lakers after adding Dwight... (we got worse... won more games... but winning percentage was worse because of strike shortened season)

Dwight as a starter generally wins you more games. We worsened but I think that could be attributed to Nash's injury along with the bad team chemistry.
We also lost Bynum.

With Houston it was a mixed bag... two good seasons and one bad but still made the playoffs in the bad season and they had no depth. Two man team with Ariza and Beverley.

As a role player... he's good value. If Swaggy didn't disrupt GSW... then I doubt Dwight will have a negative effect on them.

I agree with your point, I guess i just worry about him affecting the way the youngster seem to view the game. Because im not sure D12 LOVES basketball like that... The youngsters seem to really love basketball and want to be great
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
I'm in vegas talked to 3 different books this morning, each manager at them said labron to la is done.
I know it means nothing ,but they all seemed very confident.
#Southpoint
#Westgate
#MGM Grand

Did they advise you to put some money down on it?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
I'm in vegas talked to 3 different books this morning, each manager at them said labron to la is done.
I know it means nothing ,but they all seemed very confident.
#Southpoint
#Westgate
#MGM Grand

Did they advise you to put some money down on it?

The line is so out of whack right now that they don't get as much action on it. A -300 line isn't a money maker for Vegas usually and only people with a lot of money will bet that big.

If bettor X is in Vegas betting on Lebron to the Lakers than it would be a done deal. Lol
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

We also lost Bynum.

I agree with your point, I guess i just worry about him affecting the way the youngster seem to view the game. Because im not sure D12 LOVES basketball like that... The youngsters seem to really love basketball and want to be great

He can, so there is an element of calculated risk.

But if I have to choose between us controlling his stupidity and letting GSW have him... I prefer to deal with him than take the risk of him thriving in place of JaVale.

He's an attention whore and passive aggressive... it's not a good vibe to hang around. But when I think of him taking the place of ZaZa or McGee it scares the crap out of me.

Plus we will be winning next season so that tends to be the medicine that cures most morale ills.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 410, 411, 412 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 411 of 2086
Jump to: