The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 412, 413, 414 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Username wrote:
Windhorst on Lowe's podcast certainly made it sound like he's strongly, strongly, strongly trying to suggest that LeBron is coming to the Lakers without outright saying it's definitely happening.

The only thing that will stop LeBron from being a Laker is a change of heart or a last minute recruite by CP3.

Agreed... or somehow Cleveland pulls off a crazy trade for Kawhi... unlikely!

Someone needs to put the word out if you see CP3 on the streets lock him in his house....(week reference to the Deandre Jordan drama of yesteryear)
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Username wrote:
Windhorst on Lowe's podcast certainly made it sound like he's strongly, strongly, strongly trying to suggest that LeBron is coming to the Lakers without outright saying it's definitely happening.

Get that "You were right" ready for Jeff Katz on ESPN, Windy. Accosting him a year ago when Katz was telling everyone the allure of Hollywood would be too much to overcome for James.

I heard Windy got very heated about this, and I think this is one of the reasons why he's reluctantly predicting that Lebron is going to LA. He refused to believe it back then and is probably feeling quite foolish right about now.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

RCS926 wrote:

I think he knows Lebron is going but is trying maintain the Cleveland facade. Ireland mentioned that it occurred to him that mcten would likely be returning to LA if Lebron chooses the Lakers. At various points during the interview, it seemed like mcten had trouble maintaining the Cleveland facade because he was talking like he was going to be back hanging with M&I next year.

"Aww man! I have to LEAVE Cleveland and work in Los Angeles 365 days a year? And I get to interview Magic Johnson & Jeanie Buss every so often and chill at the Lakers practice facility in El Segundo? Hurrr... sacrifices must be made I guess..."

"We're going to give it to Baxter Holmes if you don't take the beat..."

"I'll pay for my own ticket and moving van".
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

Nash Vegas wrote:
Windhorst thinks LeBron will announce he's coming to the Lakers around 4th of July or sooner.

same time he announced he was taking his talents to south beach . I know because I was driving cross country listening to SiriusXM when shiat hit the fan
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
If the Lakers were to get rid of Deng right now they would only have 21 mil in salary. The cap is 110mil I think. We can afford all 3 if you pay them what they rate.

Which is about $92 mil
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

I think he knows Lebron is going but is trying maintain the Cleveland facade. Ireland mentioned that it occurred to him that mcten would likely be returning to LA if Lebron chooses the Lakers. At various points during the interview, it seemed like mcten had trouble maintaining the Cleveland facade because he was talking like he was going to be back hanging with M&I next year.

"Aww man! I have to LEAVE Cleveland and work in Los Angeles 365 days a year? And I get to interview Magic Johnson & Jeanie Buss every so often and chill at the Lakers practice facility in El Segundo? Hurrr... sacrifices must be made I guess..."

"We're going to give it to Baxter Holmes if you don't take the beat..."

"I'll pay for my own ticket and moving van".

cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:

I heard Windy got very heated about this, and I think this is one of the reasons why he's reluctantly predicting that Lebron is going to LA. He refused to believe it back then and is probably feeling quite foolish right about now.

It's not like I want an apology to Katz or anything, but I hope Ireland acknowledges it and has Katz on for a segment to gloat. Windy doesn't have to be on, just give Katz a 10-minute-I-told-you-so on ESPNLA.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Windhorst thinks LeBron will announce he's coming to the Lakers around 4th of July or sooner.

same time he announced he was taking his talents to south beach . I know because I was driving cross country listening to SiriusXM when shiat hit the fan

That's ironic because I was driving across the country when he announced he was coming back to Cleveland.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Username wrote:

The only thing that will stop LeBron from being a Laker is a change of heart or a last minute recruite by CP3.

Someone needs to put the word out if you see CP3 on the streets lock him in his house....(week reference to the Deandre Jordan drama of yesteryear)

If Brossuard is right that Chris Paul and the Rockets are having tensions then I could see him joining LeBron on the Lakers, especially if George doesn’t come.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Now that the taste of Kawhi is in our mouths (gross, I know..) does not getting Kawhi feel disappointing to LeBron and/or our FO?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I thought it was IHOb right now... hope this isn't a bad omen.

I hope saying that this could be a bad omen isn't a bad omen. Anti Jink!

Was listening to Dave M. on Mace & Ireland show as well. He was trying to convince himself that Bron would re-sign w/ CLE. To support his statement he made the following 2 points that are kinda laughable:

1) Lebron wouldn't have to (or) need to win anymore Championships w/ CLE to solidify his legacy w/ his franchise. However, w/ LAL, he would have pressure to win now to be seen as one of the Lakers great alltimers.

2) Kobe would put too much pressure on Lebron through social media scrutiny.

I think those concerns are legitimate. Don’t underestimate the Kobe factor as I’ve been posted before. LeBron does not strike to me as a strong minded, wanting to proof people wrong kind of guy. He’s at his best when no criticism around him. It is a legitimate factor in his decision making if he really can and want to handle the LA/Kobe pressure at this stage of his career or he can just take he easy way out by staying in Cleveland or going to Houston.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

It's not like I want an apology to Katz or anything, but I hope Ireland acknowledges it and has Katz on for a segment to gloat. Windy doesn't have to be on, just give Katz a 10-minute-I-told-you-so on ESPNLA.

I don’t, Katz is bad radio. Colin Cowherd bad.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Now that the taste of Kawhi is in our mouths (gross, I know..) does not getting Kawhi feel disappointing to LeBron and/or our FO?

Actually we can get KL right now but the Spurs are gonna try stripping the Lakers roster before they deal Leonard to the Lakers, that’s why they want us to strike out in FA so they give us KL for the whole Lakers roster.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

That was seriously the last time I've heard Katz on ESPN lol. Ireland has played dumb to it thus far, but I bet he'll bring it up some point down the road if it all comes true.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Username wrote:

If Brossuard is right that Chris Paul and the Rockets are having tensions then I could see him joining LeBron on the Lakers, especially if George doesn’t come.

Hard pass on a 33 year old, often injured, out of shape, Max money CP3. There's tension and joylessness where ever he goes.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

You guys were talking Dwight a few pages ago...You just don't do it. Not even for the Vets minimum. Its been clearly documented that he's been a locker room cancer on each team he's been on. Him coming aboard could do more harm than good.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

That was seriously the last time I've heard Katz on ESPN lol. Ireland has played dumb to it thus far, but I bet he'll bring it up some point down the road if it all comes true.

Oh, I'm going to tweet at him (respectfully) or call the station if they're taking calls until he acknowledges. We don't hold these "insiders" and talking heads accountable and that's why I only listen to podcasts. It may seem trivial and stupid for me to care, and yeah, Katz isn't all that great to begin with, but ESPNLA treats us like we have 5-minute-memories and it's annoying.

That's why I'm really excited about GoldenThreat being a frequent guest now, they're talking Synergy & advanced stuff and Mason's all in on it. One could even tell John Ireland's out of his element He thinks "analytics" is the #2 draft pick not panning out historically.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
You guys were talking Dwight a few pages ago...You just don't do it. Not even for the Vets minimum. Its been clearly documented that he's been a locker room cancer on each team he's been on. Him coming aboard could do more harm than good.

No doubt. We don’t want that clown anywhere near this team.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Kava wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Was listening to Dave M. on Mace & Ireland show as well. He was trying to convince himself that Bron would re-sign w/ CLE. To support his statement he made the following 2 points that are kinda laughable:

1) Lebron wouldn't have to (or) need to win anymore Championships w/ CLE to solidify his legacy w/ his franchise. However, w/ LAL, he would have pressure to win now to be seen as one of the Lakers great alltimers.

I think those concerns are legitimate. Don’t underestimate the Kobe factor as I’ve been posted before. LeBron does not strike to me as a strong minded, wanting to proof people wrong kind of guy. He’s at his best when no criticism around him. It is a legitimate factor in his decision making if he really can and want to handle the LA/Kobe pressure at this stage of his career or he can just take he easy way out by staying in Cleveland or going to Houston.

And you say this on the basis of...what? That doesn't even almost jive with Decision I and Decision II. I really don't get this perception that people (primarily Laker fans) have of LeBron being the kind of guy who runs and hides from pressure and intense scrutiny. If Decision I and Decision II don't demolish that, I don't know what does. The pressure to win in both of those situations invited scrutiny on a level that we’ve never seen for a professional athlete. I still remember when he first entered the league and people were basically saying he was afraid of taking last second shots because he passed to the open teammate when he got doubled. Sometimes I wonder if this stigma of him being intimidated by pressure goes back to that and people just haven't been able to get rid of that perception, despite the fact that he's accomplished every conceivable thing in his career he ever could to eviscerate it. It's almost like the folks who still say the same tired stuff about Randle that they were saying during the 2015-2016 season.
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Collin Sexton will be wearing #2 for the Cavs. That's some shady (bleep) right there. Kyrie's shot over Curry was just as big as Ray Allen's shot vs the Spurs. Funny how no one else gets credit when a team with Lebron on it wins a Championship. Acting like Wade isn't the 3rd or 4th best shooting guard in NBA history. And Bosh was a scrub or something.

It's the other way around. People overrate Lebron's teammate's performances in order to discredit him. Lebron was the first player in NBA history to lead both teams in all major statistical areas for an entire series and did it in a winning series against a 73 win team in the finals. Lebron's 2016 NBA finals is arguably the GOAT playoff series by any player. He killed it in the other NBA finals he won as well. Also People give Kyrie plenty of credit for his shot and performance.

Also Wade in 2012 and 2013 declined a lot and was nowhere near his peak self (23-6-5 on 43% in the 2012 finals and 20-5-4 on 48% in the 2013 finals). Good, but certainly well below his peak. Bosh was 15-9 on 45% in the 2012 finals and 14-5 in the 2013 finals and made old Duncan look like peak Shaq.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

"51%", what the hell is that, why not just say 50%, you feel you're being more precise on your LeBron gut instincts? GJ Windhorst, will probably follow LeBron to LA if LeBron comes, he goes with him everywhere. Dude will be a lost puppy when LeBron stops playing.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
General manager Koby Altman has stated that he has had ‘good dialogue” with the 33-year-old’s management over last few days.

LINK
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
If the Lakers were to get rid of Deng right now they would only have 21 mil in salary. The cap is 110mil I think. We can afford all 3 if you pay them what they rate.

Cap is projected at $101 million. You have to add about $5 million for the Wagner and minimum salary cap holds, and Randle’s cap hold is $12 million.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
"51%", what the hell is that, why not just say 50%, you feel you're being more precise on your LeBron gut instincts? GJ Windhorst, will probably follow LeBron to LA if LeBron comes, he goes with him everywhere. Dude will be a lost puppy when LeBron stops playing.

51% does sound kinda trollish.
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Kava wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Lebron is at his best when the pressure is most. He is the best game 7 performer in NBA history. Just look at when he was down 3-1 vs GS or the 2012 ECF (the highest pressure point of his career by far) and the 2012 finals. I don't think he cares one bit about Kobe's shadow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 412, 413, 414 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 413 of 2079
Jump to: