The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 419, 420, 421 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

There's always the possibility that Windhorst could be trolling. He seems like the type, and others have said he's always despised LA, though I'm not sure how much truth there is to that.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
RG73 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:

Okay my bad, should have said "never stay healthy" instead of "never stay on the floor". Point is you dont give a huge contract to a 33 years old player who has serious health issues...

What are his serious health issues? Didn't he pull his hamstring? That's a huge health issue?

Last 7 seasons, number of games played :

So he's missing (average) 15 games in the last 7 years. Yeah I'd say his health is a big concern for me. If you're not worried and think his health will get better with age, good for you...

Yet people want to deal half our youth for Leonard who boasts similar numbers.

well it's not like lonzo was able to stay on the floor either

Yeah but we wouldnt be paying LONZO $30mil a year... If i pay a guy that much i hope he is more available to play for me...
pokoy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

BeanBryant24 wrote:
I don’t know how to post tweets but saw this on hoops hype

Darren Heitner: Source: Lakers have a laser on LeBron & Chris Paul 19 mins ago – via Twitter DarrenHeitner

Bringing in CP3 is one of my worst nightmares....

For the love of god please no
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/06/23/lebron-james-free-agent-chris-paul-kawhi-leonard-paul-george/728017002/

Windhorst saying yesterday that LeBron to the Lakers regardless of what other free agents do. Today Amick saying other free agents could sway LeBron’s decision.

Who should we trust more?

I will trust the guy that has been stalking him since he was a teenager.

Windhorst’s mom was also LeBron’s math teacher in elementary school, which is pretty crazy. They have a long, long history to say the least.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/06/23/lebron-james-free-agent-chris-paul-kawhi-leonard-paul-george/728017002/

Windhorst saying yesterday that LeBron to the Lakers regardless of what other free agents do. Today Amick saying other free agents could sway LeBron’s decision.

Windhorst’s mom was also LeBron’s math teacher in elementary school, which is pretty crazy. They have a long, long history to say the least.

It’s a double edged sword the fact these two are so close. LeBron can easily use Windy as his personal mouthpiece to accomplish whatever LeBron wants.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
RG73 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:

Yeah, outside the fact that the guy almost never stay on the floor during playoffs, everything is good.

08 played 12/12 playoff games
09 5/5 playoff games
11 6/6 playoff games
12 11/11 playoff games
13 6/6 playoff games
14 13/13 playoff games
15 12/14 playoff games
16 4/6 playoff games
17 7/7 playoff games
18 15/17 playoff games

91/97 games=93.8% of all possible playoff games played

Does anyone ever use facts anymore? Obviously missing any playoff games is not ideal. But as I recall Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Kobe all missed playoff games as Lakers.

3 of the last 4 yrs - Chris Paul’s team was knocked out of the playoffs due to him suffering from / slowed by an injury

2015 - hamstring game 7 vs SA in 1st rd. Missed first 2 games of 2nd rd. Probably was never 100% after that.

2016 - Clippers up 2-1 vs Portland. Broke his bone. They never won another game

2018 - up 3-2 to GS. Hamstring. They never won another game

So, it’s not the total playoff games that he’s missed. It’s the type of injury. Pretty much, season ending injuries that knock his team out of the playoffs. Sure, u can point out he only missed 2 games that playoffs, but that doesn’t tell the whole story.

Can't blame 2015 on injuries. He beat SA on a bum hammy and they were up 3-1 in the next round. They just blew G6 and lost on the road in G7.

The injuries are a concern but the Rockets have to sign him, as there will be no caproom for a replacement once the new contracts for Harden and Capela kick in. Hopefully some of the salary can be offset by guys continuing to give us discounts to play with him, like Tucker and Luc did last year.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

light one up
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
light one up

Would explain all the CP3 talk
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Did Dreamshake ever come back? He has been so wrong the last 5 or 6 years. Lol. Never shows up when it looks like 5he Rockets won't get anybody.

Lol. They only have like 2 championships. Don't come tell us who wants to go where. If Harden had a choice right now, he would leave to the Lakeshow too.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
Did Dreamshake ever come back? He has been so wrong the last 5 or 6 years. Lol. Never shows up when it looks like 5he Rockets won't get anybody.

Lol. They only have like 2 championships. Don't come tell us who wants to go where. If Harden had a choice right now, he would leave to the Lakeshow too.

Yum... dreamshake... 😂
Keto diet will make a Rockets homer sound delicious...
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/1010618039279259659
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

mj32 wrote:

Wtf is march 1st?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Sheridan is drunk
FlashAK7
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
mj32 wrote:

Wtf is march 1st?

This year it was the all-star game. I’m assuming he is giving a date that he knows for certain is either the trade deadline or a week or two after.

So yeah, the roster after the trade deadline is the roster that matters, I guess...in a way.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

FlashAK7 wrote:
Sago wrote:
mj32 wrote:

Wtf is march 1st?

This year it was the all-star game. I’m assuming he is giving a date that he knows for certain is either the trade deadline or a week or two after.

So yeah, the roster after the trade deadline is the roster that matters, I guess...in a way.

But he states that after the trade dealine date (feb '19) doesn't matter and only march first does, what happens march first?

Quote:
Does not matter what #Lakers look like now. Does not matter what they look like on Opening Night, does not matter what they look like after Feb. '19 trade deadline. Matters what they look like next March 1
FlashAK7
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
FlashAK7 wrote:
Sago wrote:
mj32 wrote:

Wtf is march 1st?

But he states that after the trade dealine date (feb 19') doesn't matter and only march first does, what happens march first?

Quote:
Does not matter what #Lakers look like now. Does not matter what they look like on Opening Night, does not matter what they look like after Feb. '19 trade deadline. Matters what they look like next March 1

I overlooked that. I’m lost now. Maybe he means the same thing? Lol
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

I think he is talking about how the team is clicking come March, and the race to the playoffs.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Page 420 definitely living up to its name.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
I think he is talking about how the team is clicking come March, and the race to the playoffs.

Thats got to be it but man what a weird thing to tweet about. What if it takes a few months for that team to click and come May they're on fire.

I would say if thats his point, the date the playoff start is more important than March 1 but whatever
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Chris Paul average games per season 69

Kawhi Leonard average games per season 58

Solution... Trade Ingram/Kuzma and multiple picks... and sign Kawhi to max contract vs. simply signing Chris Paul to max contract?

Again I don't get the double standard. Sure CP3 is older... but he doesn't cost 4 or 5 assets.

I wouldn't sign CP3 independently from LBJ... but if the price to secure him was risking a couple bad years with Chris to get 10 good years from Kuzma and Ingram... I think those two offset each other more than enough.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

FlashAK7 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
FlashAK7 wrote:
Sago wrote:
mj32 wrote:

Wtf is march 1st?

But he states that after the trade dealine date (feb 19') doesn't matter and only march first does, what happens march first?

Quote:

That’s when the roster is basically set and guys who are released from teams have to sign or else not be eligible to play in the playoffs.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Pretty sure everyone in ESN has been doing that since.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Chris Paul average games per season 69

Kawhi Leonard average games per season 58

Solution... Trade Ingram/Kuzma and multiple picks... and sign Kawhi to max contract vs. simply signing Chris Paul to max contract?

Again I don't get the double standard. Sure CP3 is older... but he doesn't cost 4 or 5 assets.

I wouldn't sign CP3 independently from LBJ... but if the price to secure him was risking a couple bad years with Chris to get 10 good years from Kuzma and Ingram... I think those two offset each other more than enough.

KL games played is obviously skewed
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
There's always the possibility that Windhorst could be trolling. He seems like the type, and others have said he's always despised LA, though I'm not sure how much truth there is to that.

Windhorst has staked his entire journalism career to being “the LeBron guy” - he’s as plugged into all things LeBron as anyone is. There’s no way he’s going to threaten that reputation by floating BS he doesn’t feel confident about.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
FlashAK7 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
FlashAK7 wrote:
Sago wrote:
mj32 wrote:

Wtf is march 1st?

Quote:

That’s when the roster is basically set and guys who are released from teams have to sign or else not be eligible to play in the playoffs.

Yea seems like he is talking about the buyout market. Sixers got İlyasova and Belinelli last year from buyouts. It definitely could help your team. Imagine if those guys signed with the Rockets instead of the 6ers. Maybe the Rockets don't got 0-27 from three in game 7 and they win the championship.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 419, 420, 421 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 420 of 2086
Jump to: