The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 428, 429, 430 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Right now I have more confidence in LeBron coming than I do Paul George

Same lol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Can't believe people actually thought that cover photo change was some kind of Blue’s Clue. The ”Akron to LA” thing on the SpringHill Entertainment website had a lot more juice behind it than that cover photo. Good thing we only have to endure one more week of this. People are officially losing their minds now.

What about the headline at the top of the page that says, “LeBron confirmed for (or “to”) St. Vincent...”. It was written by 12/Up Sports(?).

One of the commenters wrote that the reference is to Lebron’s son , “Bronnie”, attending the same school LeBron attended in Cle or Akron. Some fans in the comments are taking this as sign Bron staying.

It is possible that Bronnie is enrolled at St. Vincent AND a school out here possibly so as not to tip Dad’s hand, or because Bron truly doesn’t know where he is going, or didn’t at the time Bronnie was enrolled there, and wants to make sure he has all bases covered for wherever he winds up.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

I believe the only thing that could stop LBJ from signing here is if he wants vets to make a run and the FO is unwilling to part with the young talent.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

As long as he called Zo and PG, I'm happy.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Can't believe people actually thought that cover photo change was some kind of Blue’s Clue. The ”Akron to LA” thing on the SpringHill Entertainment website had a lot more juice behind it than that cover photo. Good thing we only have to endure one more week of this. People are officially losing their minds now.

Is it really a week, though? Lol

Remember how long it took Carmelo Anthony to decide to re-sign with the Knicks?
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Who would have thought that after PG requested to be a Laker.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
32 wrote:

Who would have thought that after PG requested to be a Laker.

I'm still hoping Westbrook's agent is spreading the lies.
LakersKobeBrynt8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AIR305/status/1011096472857739270

Quote:
LeBron to Lakers pretty much a done deal (Via @Manny_Navarro)

Miami Herald reporter since ‘95 says he’s hearing it’s a done deal, everyone is LBJ’s camp is moving to LA already/looking for houses. (Keep in mind LBJ was in Miami this weekend for his son’s games.)

Maybe most interesting, he’s hearing it’ll be a sign and trade, so just like CP3 last year we could possibly hear something this week prior to July 1st (I.e. the sign and trade could be agreed to first and announced, but not made official until July 6th.)

Why would we do it? So we’d have his bird rights, could sign PG this year, AND still sign Kawhi next year.

We shall see...
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

LAbron
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Sign and trade? What would CLE accept out of that deal?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

LakersKobeBrynt8 wrote:

Quote:

Miami Herald reporter since ‘95 says he’s hearing it’s a done deal, everyone is LBJ’s camp is moving to LA already/looking for houses. (Keep in mind LBJ was in Miami this weekend for his son’s games.)

Maybe most interesting, he’s hearing it’ll be a sign and trade, so just like CP3 last year we could possibly hear something this week prior to July 1st (I.e. the sign and trade could be agreed to first and announced, but not made official until July 6th.)

Why would we do it? So we’d have his bird rights, could sign PG this year, AND still sign Kawhi next year.

We shall see...

Is there a benefit for the Lakers to sign and trade? Unless it's for Deng. Ooh lala.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakersKobeBrynt8 wrote:

Quote:

We shall see...

Is there a benefit for the Lakers to sign and trade? Unless it's for Deng. Ooh lala.

That's the only thing that makes sense. We have no motivation to dump Deng to them along with a player, as we can simply sign LeBron outright for virtually the same salary. I could see us wanting to dump Deng to them and offering up the same assets that we would offer up to another team that we were hoping to trade Deng to, and perhaps CLE figures that they are better off taking those assets, and then the assets that they could get in a Kevin Love trade, and just starting the rebuild in earnest. They could tank this year, so that they keep their top-10 protected pick that they owe the Hawks in the '19 Draft.

But is LeBron OK with a 1-year deal instead of getting 4 years from us? I don't think it would put us in a better position to sign Kawhi as a free agent next summer if we also had PG on the books, because LeBron's cap hold would still take up gigantic space.
shakobe24
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

I think LeBron to Lakers was a done deal last summer. Jeff Katz said on ESPNLA last year that either he or someone he knew was sitting in on business meetings discussing his move to LA. Same thing happened when he first moved to Miami. Katz heard about the whole decision tv deal the year before. Makes sense cause LeBron isn't a businessman he's a business, man and businesses plan out big moves in advance.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
For what it's worth:

Spoke with a friend who works in a company closely aligned with Staples Center -- gonna keep it vague not as much for her, but in case this tidbit could mess with Staples employees after that crazy no tampering mtg. She's heard from some peeps who she said would know that LeBron is a done deal.

I also mentioned a few hundred (ha!) pages back about how my daughter goes to school right near his house in Brentwood (that's number 2) and it has continued to be intense construction activity non-stop since the finals began. We're talking 40 trucks parked outside daily. Neighbors coning off parking so they don't get blocked in.

Last Friday they put up video cameras EVERYWHERE. Tall polls with multiple cameras on them.

I think this is really happening.

Thanks for sharing TS.

Love the breadcrumbs. They all keep pointing in the same direction they’ve pointed in since last summer.

It’s absolutely happening.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

But is LeBron OK with a 1-year deal instead of getting 4 years from us? I don't think it would put us in a better position to sign Kawhi as a free agent next summer if we also had PG on the books, because LeBron's cap hold would still take up gigantic space.

If Lebron does a 1 year deal or a 1+1, the Spurs and teams looking to trade for KL have to factor in the possibility that Lebron takes a 1 year paycut to get KL in the door next summer. If PG also does a 1+1, that threat becomes even more serious.

Last edited by babyskyhook on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
tony smith wrote:
For what it's worth:

Spoke with a friend who works in a company closely aligned with Staples Center -- gonna keep it vague not as much for her, but in case this tidbit could mess with Staples employees after that crazy no tampering mtg. She's heard from some peeps who she said would know that LeBron is a done deal.

I also mentioned a few hundred (ha!) pages back about how my daughter goes to school right near his house in Brentwood (that's number 2) and it has continued to be intense construction activity non-stop since the finals began. We're talking 40 trucks parked outside daily. Neighbors coning off parking so they don't get blocked in.

Last Friday they put up video cameras EVERYWHERE. Tall polls with multiple cameras on them.

I think this is really happening.

Thanks for sharing TS.

Love the breadcrumbs. They all keep pointing in the same direction they’ve pointed in since last summer.

It’s absolutely happening.

And if it's happening in an opt-in-and-trade, we'll know about it before the end of the week! Hmm, all along I've been thinking a team like Atlanta would take Deng, but maybe it will be as simple as Cleveland taking our assets, LeBron comes here for the 1-year deal, and then re-ups for, what, 5 more years after that?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
epak wrote:
LakersKobeBrynt8 wrote:

Quote:

We shall see...

That's the only thing that makes sense. We have no motivation to dump Deng to them along with a player, as we can simply sign LeBron outright for virtually the same salary. I could see us wanting to dump Deng to them and offering up the same assets that we would offer up to another team that we were hoping to trade Deng to, and perhaps CLE figures that they are better off taking those assets, and then the assets that they could get in a Kevin Love trade, and just starting the rebuild in earnest. They could tank this year, so that they keep their top-10 protected pick that they owe the Hawks in the '19 Draft.

I think LeBron is confident in his health as he's the best in-game rester lol.
Can he get a 5 year max next year from the Lakers if traded?
Lebrons 2019 cap hold is $53M wow. So no contractual benefit in trading for LeBron.

The Herald guy may have his info wrong, because LeBron gets $35M this summer either he opts in or is signed out right.

The fun thing to watch is if he does indeed opt in. Man, LeBron for Deng + IT (sign and trade, Gilbert loves IT) + 2 picks would be awesome.
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
epak wrote:
LakersKobeBrynt8 wrote:

Quote:

We shall see...

This story was a lot more believable before he mentioned the concept of a sign and trade. The Cavs aren’t taking Deng back and paying the luxury tax if Lebron leaves them. It makes no sense, even for a couple of crappy draft picks. Hopefully he’s right anyway though.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I mean, wouldn't Philly be able to give *way* better assets than the Lakers could in a sign-and-trade?

I don't see the benefit in losing core players to get someone the Lakers could just sign outright either this year or next year.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

LakersKobeBrynt8 wrote:

Quote:

We shall see...

Loving these breadcrumbs. Thanks for posting.

They taste so go I’m going on a breadcrumbs-only diet.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

If Lebron does a 1 year deal or a 1+1, the Spurs and teams looking to trade for KL have to factor in the possibility that Lebron takes a 1 year paycut to get KL in the door next summer. If PG also does a 1+1, that threat becomes even more serious.

OOOOOH, so juicy. Dammit, Kawhi, force your way here. Put the pressure on Boston and Philly to not want to give up assets for a clear rental player.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

omzzzzz wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
epak wrote:
LakersKobeBrynt8 wrote:

Quote:

We shall see...

This story was a lot more believable before he mentioned the concept of a sign and trade. The Cavs aren’t taking Deng back and paying the luxury tax if Lebron leaves them. It makes no sense, even for a couple of crappy draft picks. Hopefully he’s right anyway though.

They won't be if they lose LeBron, take Deng, and trade Love, which they absolutely should do if they lose LeBron. Get as much as you can for Love and tank, so that you keep your top-10 protected pick next year.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject:

With Deng making half of Lebron’s salary, perhaps the Cavs would dip under the lux tax ? Combined with moving Love ?

Haven’t run the numbers, but if so, trading Lebron would make sense for Gilbert and he avoids being the bad guy if Lebron walks as a FA and blames Gilbert’s incompetence as the reason.
LakersKobeBrynt8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I could be wrong, but wouldn’t there be a 15% trade kicker involved? So it would be the 35 mil + 15% for LBJ this year, and then the 5 year supermax starting next year.

LBJ would only opt in once he’s certain the terms of the S&T have been worked out between LA and CLE, so Philly and their assets have no bearing (unless he actually wanted to go to there)

It would also fit with LBJ’s need for control, as essentially he has 1 year to test drive before committing long term.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject:

LakersKobeBrynt8 wrote:
I could be wrong, but wouldn’t there be a 15% trade kicker involved? So it would be the 35 mil + 15% for LBJ this year, and then the 5 year supermax starting next year.

LBJ would only opt in once he’s certain the terms of the S&T have been worked out between LA and CLE, so Philly and their assets have no bearing (unless he actually wanted to go to there)

It would also fit with LBJ’s need for control, as essentially he has 1 year to test drive before committing long term.

Super max is only with the team that drafted you.
Player can wave trade kickers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 428, 429, 430 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 429 of 2079
Jump to: