The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
The LeBron "wanting to trade young players" is so overstated

Yes, trading Wiggins for Love never happened.

To be fair, Irving was 22 when LBJ joined.

Ingram will be turning 21 next September, and Lonzo will be 20.

I think Irving had shown LBJ enough and i think Lonzo/Ingram will too by next summer. If i had to guess which of the two would be traded if they had to be traded, I would think it's more Ingram than Lonzo (but i don't want either traded).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
pmacla wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Gilbert would never trade LeBron to the Lakers and LeBron wants to leave Gilbert with nothing so there will be no trade but LeBron will be a Laker next year

Well, are they willing to start a season with the awkwardness of Lebron and Kyrie together? Sadly the two parties are pretty quiet. We need one to come out and publicly blast the other to make that possibility more untenable.

LeBron holds all the cards he has a no trade clause that he wont waive

Not if you send him to the place he's planning to go to anyway...

The incentive from the Cavs' side would be solely not to have to trade Kyrie.

The incentive for the Cavs is to make over a million bucks per home playoff game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Who guards KD? Who guards Green? They don't fit, Ball and Ingram can't guard anyone on the Warriors. And the Cavs did beat the Warriors, so no again. Prior to KD, they did match up. After KD they didn't because Lebron can't guard KD.

Who did Love and Irving "guard" on the Warriors?

Love did a good job in the paint for the Cavs, as did Thompson. Irving is as poor a defender as our young players. But nice deflection and avoiding the comment. Guess what, we aren't the Cavs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Rant against LBJ...but advocate maxing out Kyrie/Boogie?

Just b/c they're younger?

This actually makes sense if you start with the premise that Ball and Ingram become legit #1 and #2 options.

If you start with the premise that they will not, then, I agree, it doesn't make sense.

That will take so many years to find out that by the time that happens, Kyrie/Boogie will be 30 or beyond. It's better to have the established players now, and let Lonzo/ingram grow under the aegis of 2 stars.

And Lebron will be 40 by the time that happens. I still take him over Kyrie and pretty much anyone over Cousins. I don't expect a title anytime soon while the Warriors are at their peak. But some first/second round playoff exits are better than the lottery.

How do you plan on getting Kyrie? Tank again next season to punt all the cap space forward?

I think I made it clear I don't want Kyrie, I would like to get Lebron. Read above.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

Gilbert did end up agreeing to trade Lebron to Miami didn't he?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

I think Irving had shown LBJ enough and i think Lonzo/Ingram will too by next summer. If i had to guess which of the two would be traded if they had to be traded, I would think it's more Ingram than Lonzo (but i don't want either traded).

With potentially Lebron and PG, Ingram is best as a bench player. He should be the one if we are trading a young player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Who guards KD? Who guards Green? They don't fit, Ball and Ingram can't guard anyone on the Warriors. And the Cavs did beat the Warriors, so no again. Prior to KD, they did match up. After KD they didn't because Lebron can't guard KD.

Who did Love and Irving "guard" on the Warriors?

Love did a good job in the paint for the Cavs, as did Thompson. Irving is as poor a defender as our young players. But nice deflection and avoiding the comment. Guess what, we aren't the Cavs.

No, the point is, you gloss over how Irving/Love were trainwrecks on defense against the Warriors, yet were part of the 3-4 best players on the team. Lonzo is not a good individual defender, but Ingram looks like he will at worst be an average level NBA defender. Plus, if we add LBJ and PG13, we are adding 2 quality defenders who can switch on multiple positions, something Kyrie/Love couldn't do.

Your issue is that the Warriors are a juggernaut more than the composition of the Cavs or future Lakers team.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Gilbert did end up agreeing to trade Lebron to Miami didn't he?

CBA rules changed
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

With potentially Lebron and PG, Ingram is best as a bench player. He should be the one if we are trading a young player.

If we got LBJ/PG13, yeah, he's probably the one that is more "tradeable." However, i wouldn't.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LeBron doesn't equal "Finals" in the West.

LeBron doesn't even equal best record in the East, where he's allowed to coast because of the easier competition. In the West he wouldn't be allowed to "Coast" and we don't have a secondary player that can put up numbers the way Kyrie did or get their own shot to do such as Kyrie did at this point in their careers.

Even if we play the numbers and go "But Kobe did it at 21", then we also have to acknowledge that Kobe had been in the league since he was 17, that's 4 years. So 21 was 4 years after he started.

So by that metric, Lonzo won't be ready till he's 22 and Ingram won't be ready till he's 22.

4 years from now is 2021. LeBron will be 36 going on 37 at that time.

This will also be in the West where he'd be asked to do a lot more than he's asked in the East particularly due to the "go to" offensive talent missing on our team. He's not going to put a bunch of 18 year olds on his back and try to carry them to the Finals in the East. He has much easier options in places like the Timberwolves where Butler already is, or staying in Cleveland with Kyrie for another season(if they don't move him) and LeBron does another 1+1 deal.

Also keep in mind our style that Luke and Lonzo want to run and they thrive best in. LeBron isn't running with us, we'd have to play at a slow tempo to placate him because making him "run" for 4 seasons before our kids are ready, means his legs will be beyond gone if he hasn't retired by then. But then that doesn't maximize what Lonzo does.

The reality is, LeBron may not be the best fit for the style we want to play, but even if we signed him on a 4 year deal which I'd do if he committed to our kids won't be ready till about year 3. By which time LeBron's skills WILL have eroded.

So maybe the big name "get" is LeBron. But the reality is this, IF we get LeBron, we WILL have to give up Ingram or Lonzo in order to bring another star here more ready to contribute and make us an instant championship contender, and if we had to get rid of both to make that happen that's precisely what LeBron will require. He's not looking to join a team that will have a window in 4 years, he wants to make a team whose window is only 2-3 years and he will stay on 1+1's to bolt whenever it looks like they aren't the team that can do it.

That's the reality you get when you sign LeBron James, he wants to go to the FINALS the first year he arrives and he will require ANY kinds of moves to make that happen even if it means losing our young core.

This is why the LeBron James route is good for a 2-3 year window with which we'll likely still not beat the Warriors and then LeBron will bolt and we'll be in the lottery again from 2020-2024 all over again while Lonzo, Ingram and Randle grow somewhere else into their prime.

LeBron appeals to a "quick fix" mentality that will leave us nowhere in 2-3 seasons and with the strength of the Warriors, likely ring-less.

The mentality we should be approaching Free Agency with is one of longevity. Putting together a team that is going to be strong for 2-3 seasons but also be even stronger as our kids grow into their own.

That's why we shouldn't look to blow our load in the 2018 free agency on TWO MAX deals.

We should probably look to get one in 2018 and the other in 2019.

I know people hate DeMarcus Cousins, but at the very least by the time our kids are 4 years into his career he'll be just entering 30.

Then in the 2019 Free Agency if you kept one of your max's the previous year. This is who's available then

Kyrie Irving
Kawhi Leonard
Harrison Barnes
Khris Middleton
Hassan Whiteside
MKG
Bismack Biyombo
Goran Dragic

There's a lot of talent there, a lot with which you can increase the depth of your team and fill out some holes, or sign a big name, such as Kyrie. Kawhi is likely staying a Spur. It's about planning for the future. And let's assume we signed Kyrie and signed Cousins this off-season.

Kyrie Irving(27)
Lonzo Ball(20)
Brandon Ingram(20)
Julius Randle(24)
DeMarcus Cousins (29)

That's still a young team and loaded with talent with guys not falling off and still in their primes for a few good years at the top, and years to come from the youngsters..

But "Cousins can't run, his weight, his legs, his conditioning..."

Cousins went and got the same guy that Randle hired to work with him on the same things Jules has him working on, and Cousins is already showing that effect.

As of August 6, Boogie's lost 20 pounds which means he's around 250 now instead of around 270.. that's kind of a big deal when it comes to his issues.

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/893889319127191552

Also said how he gets around a lot easier now up and down the court and how great his body feels. That's important.

And in the Africa Game, you saw Boogie getting up and down the court a lot faster, light on his feet etc, and that was an exhibition game and we've still got some months before the season he's working with Amoila. So I think Cousins may wind up being a better option than people expect and may fit better next to Lonzo than given credit.

But again we'll have to see this season how he does.

Anyway, getting LeBron comes with it's own disadvantages, expectations and risks to your franchise's window and what happens to your franchise after.

So going after Cousins and then the next off-season trying for Kyrie may not be the sexy facebook choice. But it may wind up being one of the best ones we could make in the long run. Or it could all go bollocks up. But at least we know what we're getting with LeBron in terms of what he'll require of our team, as the last few season in Cleveland have shown.

ALL THAT SAID... I'd take LeBron on a 4 year deal in a heartbeat and a half. But LeBron on a 1+1 may be too much drama/changes/chances to leave our team back in the lottery if we don't get it done in one or two year's time.

1) No one on this planet, let alone this forum, is saying "LeBron = Finals in the West." So I'm really not sure what compelled you to even make a useless statement like that, as if it's a point of contention.

2) As far as the Lakers not having a "secondary player" of Kyrie's caliber, most rational people are envisioning LeBron coming with another max player next to him to play second fiddle; namely, Paul George. No one is envisioning LeBron coming alone and expecting Ball and Ingram to be his primary running mates. It should go without saying that the second max player (again, most likely George) would take a considerable amount of pressure off of Ball and Ingram. They wouldn't need to be performing like All-Stars. They'd only need to play well enough to rally around LeBron and George and provide them with support.

3) Neither Ball or BI are 18 year olds. If LeBron comes he'd be playing with a second year Ball who probably won ROY, and a third year Ingram. Both are hard-working, intelligent players. If they both flash enough of their potential this year to convince LeBron that they could be quality, supporting role players with potential stardom in their futures as he declines, I don't see any reason to believe that won't be enough for him. Magic, Rob, and Luke will be selling them, and selling them hard. And of course, Magic would be the most important salesman in the room. If Magic heavily endorses Ball and Ingram to LeBron and tells him that he firmly believes in their potential, I just don't buy it that that won't be enough for LeBron. I think he'd trust Magic.

And I certainly don't buy this idea that he'd come in and start making demands. LeBron reveres Magic. He's not going to tarnish his legacy by beefing with Magic Johnson and undermining the FO publicly the way he does with CLE.

4) Your point that LeBron is too old to run is so laughable and so difficult to take seriously that I'm only gonna limit my response to it in three sentences. That was the first and this is the second. Here's the third.

5) No, moving Ball and/or Ingram if LeBron signs is NOT some guarantee, even though you desperately want to believe that is. The absurd notion that the Lakers wouldn't be ready to contend for at least another 4 years at the earliest due to Ball and Ingram's youth is one of your own invention to fit your desperate narrative that signing LeBron will be some catastrophic nuclear explosion for the franchise. This vitriolic "LeBron = lottery by 2020" for the Lakers is the argumentative equivalent of a Kwame Brown layup.

6) So "old man LeBron" isn't a good fit to play with Lonzo in Luke's system, but the very first player on your list of potential players who are is Kyrie, "King Iso" Irving? Please tell me you were writing in the dark with suglasses on and made the worst typo ever. You didn't REALLY suggest that Kyrie is a better fit for Lonzo than LeBron, right? Please tell me that was a mistake. Plead temporary insanity, or something. I could sit here and sniff glue for the next five hours and I'd still struggle to understand this level of reasoning.

7) - As if there's the slightest possibility that a shy, introverted guy like Leonard would ever leave Pop and SA to play in, of ALL places....Los Angels? Please. And Biyombo? Harrison Barnes? Dragic? Whiteside? Yes to all of those players but no to LeBron? Worst GM ever. Billy King would fire you.

Your arguments are failures of epic proportions because of how much you have to reach to make them function. This is desperate stuff.

Last edited by Judah on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

There are few players in the NBA today, if you placed them on a team, pretty much guarantees you at least a playoff berth. LBJ is one of them. Yes, he has mileage, he's older, but I think his passing vision will always be there (and imagine coupling that with Lonzo!). I think if we got PG13 he could be our leading scorer and both PG13/Ingram would do a lot of the dirty work on defense too.

Basically, this is the kind of team he would want.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

so people are saying if Lebron says I am Coming, they are going to say Thanks but no thanks?

glad Magic/Rob are not 1 of those people
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron doesn't equal "Finals" in the West.

1) No one on this planet, let alone this forum, is saying "LeBron = Finals in the West." So I'm really not sure what compelled you to even make a useless statement like that, as if it's a point of contention.

2) As far as the Lakers not having a "secondary player" of Kyrie's caliber, most rational people are envisioning LeBron coming with another max player next to him to play second fiddle; namely, Paul George. No one is envisioning LeBron coming alone and expecting Ball and Ingram to be his primary running mates. It should go without saying that the second max player (again, most likely George) would take a considerable amount of pressure off of Ball and Ingram. They wouldn't need to be performing like All-Stars. They'd only need to play well enough to rally around LeBron and George and provide them with support.

3) Neither Ball or BI are 18 year olds. If LeBron comes he'd be playing with a second year Ball who probably won ROY, and a third year Ingram. Both are hard-working, intelligent players. If they both flash enough of their potential this year to convince LeBron that they could be quality, supporting role players with potential stardom in their futures as he declines, I don't see any reason to believe that won't be enough for him. Magic, Rob, and Luke will be selling them, and selling them hard. And of course, Magic would be the most important salesman in the room. If Magic heavily endorses Ball and Ingram to LeBron and tells him that he firmly believes in their potential, I just don't buy it that that won't be enough for LeBron. I think he'd trust Magic.

And I certainly don't buy this idea that he'd come in and start making demands. LeBron reveres Magic. He's not going to tarnish his legacy by beefing with Magic Johnson and undermining the FO publicly the way he does with CLE.

4) Your point that LeBron is too old to run is so laughable and so difficult to take seriously that I'm only gonna limit my response to it in three sentences. That was the first, this is the second. And here's the third.

5) No, moving Ball and/or Ingram if LeBron signs is NOT some guarantee, even though you desperately want to believe that is. The absurd notion that the Lakers wouldn't be ready to contend for at least another 4 years at the earliest due to Ball and Ingram's youth is one of your own invention to fit your desperate narrative that signing LeBron will be some catastrophic nuclear explosion for the franchise. This vitriolic "LeBron = lottery by 2020" for the Lakers is the argumentative equivalent of a Kwame Brown layup.

6) So "old man LeBron" isn't a good fit to play with Lonzo in Luke's system, but the very first player on your list of potential players who are is Kyrie, "King Iso" Irving? Please tell me you were writing in the dark with suglasses on and made the worst typo ever. You didn't REALLY suggest that Kyrie is a better fit for Lonzo than LeBron, right? Please tell me that was a mistake. Plead temporary insanity, or something. I could sit here and sniff glue for the next five hours and I'd still struggle to understand this level of reasoning.

7) - As if there's the slightest possibility that Kahwi would ever leave Pop and SA. Please. And Biyombo? Harrison Barnes? Dragic? Whiteside? Yes to all of those players but no to LeBron? Worst GM ever. Billy King would fire you.

Your arguments are failures of epic proportions because of how much you have to reach to make them function. This is desperate stuff.

Jesus Christ way to shut down an argument...

No offence to either of you, opinions are opinions and frankly if it wasn't mid August I'd not have spent 5 minutes reading extensive debate about a player that might maybe just possibly be coming here in a years time.

Still; good to see reasoned debate.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Some of you are smoking waaaaaaaay to much.

Not take LBJ if he wants to come here??? He is still the best player in the league.

Wouldn't fit our style? That's crazy, if anything he'd be perfect, if we get stuck in half court dump it to lebron and let him operate. Bron running on the break catching passes from Lonzo? It would be beautiful.

There is zero chance the lakers don't sign lebron if he wants to come here....biggest star in the league on the marquee team...it's a total no brainer.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

lebron is one of the greatest players of all time. that's not debatable. i dont think he would want to come here, but if he does, the answer is yes we sign him. i would trade ingram or ball for him, but in FA, (bleep) yes i'll sign him
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

lebron is one of the greatest players of all time. that's not debatable. i dont think he would want to come here, but if he does, the answer is yes we sign him. i would trade ingram or ball for him, but in FA, (bleep) yes i'll sign him
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
so people are saying if Lebron says I am Coming, they are going to say Thanks but no thanks?

I confess, I am in the no thanks fellowship. With this '17 squad that has yet to play and discover their game, synergy, and collective character, I'd rather Zo and Mr Untouchable define what this team will be all about for the next 20 years.

LBJ, one of the most physically gifted and talented players on both sides of the ball, and his looming arrival, I believe, is detrimental to the youth taking their rightful place at the big boy P&G table.

I love the two max strategy in terms of the flexibility our FO has created for the team. In my opinion, we should see what we currently got - see this squad run together - before we go balls deep on offering an aging LeBron one of the max slots.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

I confess, I am in the no thanks fellowship. With this '17 squad that has yet to play and discover their game, synergy, and collective character, I'd rather Zo and Mr Untouchable define what this team will be all about for the next 20 years.

LBJ, one of the most physically gifted and talented players on both sides of the ball, and his looming arrival, I believe, is detrimental to the youth taking their rightful place at the big boy P&G table.

I love the two max strategy in terms of the flexibility our FO has created for the team. In my opinion, we should see what we currently got - see this squad run together - before we go balls deep on offering an aging LeBron one of the max slots.

I don't think it's mutually exclusive, i.e. the "rightful place at the big boy P&G table." They will be 20-23 years old during the time LBJ may be here, and they will still be so young that LBJ takes a lot of the pressure off them at the beginning.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

Makes sense, I suppose, if you've really believed and invested a lot of emotion into this "young core". I never have, TBH. That of course changed the day of this last draft when that Ball boy was taken, and was further advanced by Kuzma slaying the SPL, so I guess I get it. None of the players I like are affected by Lebron in the least.

Last edited by greenfrog on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

I don't think it's mutually exclusive, i.e. the "rightful place at the big boy P&G table." They will be 20-23 years old during the time LBJ may be here, and they will still be so young that LBJ takes a lot of the pressure off them at the beginning.

I can respect that. I've just seen too many games where everyone is standing on one side of the floor for The King's iso.

I'm not completely insane, I know LeBron is still in his prime and dominant. It'll be a sight watching him and his patented chase downs and majestic tomahawks... And I ride till death with wherever we go, but I see the benefits of pressure.

I want this youthful squad to be enveloped by and relish it. If you shy away from taking the big shot, you shouldn't be on the floor. The more opportunities that the youth have on an island with no help, the better positioned they'll be to be mentally prepared to dominate for years to come.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

I can respect that. I've just seen too many games where everyone is standing on one side of the floor for The King's iso.

I'm not completely insane, I know LeBron is still in his prime and dominant. It'll be a sight watching him and his patented chase downs and majestic tomahawks... And I ride till death with wherever we go, but I see the benefits of pressure.

I want this youthful squad to be enveloped by and relish it. If you shy away from taking the big shot, you shouldn't be on the floor. The more opportunities that the youth have on an island with no help, the better positioned they'll be to be mentally prepared to dominate for years to come.

I don't think the Lakers have the luxury of a youthful approach since we've burned 4 consecutive non playoff apperances early.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

No it isn't. Lebron knows there's a juggernaught in the bay and the only chance of competing with them is having a team of stars in their prime. Two 19 year olds as half your team's core won't get it done.

That may be true, but I just don't think he would do that here. Magic seems very firm and such a strong personality that he won't do that.

Then LeBron won't sign here. Simple as that. He wants to win a championship NOW. We aren't a special snowflake that he'll wait 3-4 years for our kids to develop on. Wiggins was more hyped than any prospect since Lebron and he was instantly out for Kevin Love. Neither Ball or Ingram is safe if LeBron came here under the premise of contending for a Championship THE YEAR he gets here.

That means that getting LeBron could mean losing Ball and Ingram for one or two established talents already in the league for the sake of contending right away.

That's why I said with LeBron it's gonna be a 2-3 year window followed by a lottery trip from 2020-2024 all over again.

For a team like Cleveland that may be satisfactory, but for the Lakers, it shouldn't be. We should be looking for longevity, and I'd rather follow the Spurs/Warriors model over the Heat/Cavs one. Even if it takes 2-3 more seasons I'd be willing to wait that long in order to establish longevity and success, not just a quick burst of 2 or so seasons followed by years in the tank all over again while we watch Ingram and Ball thrive somewhere after turning 22-23 and coming into their own.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

No it isn't. Lebron knows there's a juggernaught in the bay and the only chance of competing with them is having a team of stars in their prime. Two 19 year olds as half your team's core won't get it done.

That may be true, but I just don't think he would do that here. Magic seems very firm and such a strong personality that he won't do that.

Then LeBron won't sign here. Simple as that. He wants to win a championship NOW. We aren't a special snowflake that he'll wait 3-4 years for our kids to develop on. Wiggins was more hyped than any prospect since Lebron and he was instantly out for Kevin Love.

That means that getting LeBron could mean losing Ball and Ingram for one or two established talents already in the league for the sake of contending right away.

That's why I said with LeBron it's gonna be a 2-3 year window followed by a lottery trip from 2020-2024 all over again.

For a team like Cleveland that may be satisfactory, but for the Lakers, it shouldn't be. We should be looking for longevity, and I'd rather follow the Spurs/Warriors model over the Heat/Cavs one. Even if it takes 2-3 more seasons I'd be willing to wait that long in order to establish longevity and success, not just a quick burst of 2 or so seasons followed by years in the tank all over again while we watch Ingram and Ball thrive somewhere after turning 22-23 and coming into their own.

Do you have a crystal ball or something?

Anyways, another reason why I don't see LeBron "trading the young core" is that it has been speculated that one of the reasons why the Lakers are on the list, is life outside of basketball. Owning businesses and possibly owning the team.. Magic is the king pin of that in Los Angeles. So, I don't see LeBron ruining that relationship with Magic, Rob and Jeanie
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

thats not the case, DLO trade proves that. he was a purely traded in a salary dump.

we are not going to have 60m capspace and then sign like B Lopez, KCP and randle like some here want.

we are also not going to trade Ingram or Ball to please Lebron so don't fall for that troll posts either
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
MJST wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

Then LeBron won't sign here. Simple as that. He wants to win a championship NOW. We aren't a special snowflake that he'll wait 3-4 years for our kids to develop on. Wiggins was more hyped than any prospect since Lebron and he was instantly out for Kevin Love.

Do you have a crystal ball or something?

Anyways, another reason why I don't see LeBron "trading the young core" is that it has been speculated that one of the reasons why the Lakers are on the list, is life outside of basketball. Owning businesses and possibly owning the team.. Magic is the king pin of that in Los Angeles. So, I don't see LeBron ruining that relationship with Magic, Rob and Jeanie

Our kids are 18-19. LeBron wants to contend for a title the moment he'd get here. It's not rocket science.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 69 of 2079
Jump to: