The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Judah wrote:
Once again:

No one on the roster is 18. Ingram will be 21 before the 2018-2019 season starts, and so will Ball a week into it.

So desperate to defend this 'LeBron is going to get rid of the young core' argument that you're literally shaving three years off of their lives to make them seem even younger? This is awful. Good grief.

It's bogus also because Rob has stated a few times now if there intention is to improve the team and compete for the long term.

They clearly have zero intention of trading Lonzo ball and Brandon Ingram. But some here want to push their (long winded) narrative.

hey timeout, you can't argue with facts with people who have their own agenda.

Maybe listen a bit and try to acknowledge there is some risk. From looking at the past 70 pages there seems to be a lot of "agenda" being presented and then clapping each other on the back for how clever you all are.

There is risk and downsides to signing a declining marquee vet that has a history of gutting teams and drama just as much as making it to the Finals.

The "agenda ' that somehow there is a guaranteed 2-3 year title run with a foundation player like James is debatable. It is the other side of the coin that most of the back slappers continue to ignore.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Judah wrote:
Once again:

No one on the roster is 18. Ingram will be 21 before the 2018-2019 season starts, and so will Ball a week into it.

So desperate to defend this 'LeBron is going to get rid of the young core' argument that you're literally shaving three years off of their lives to make them seem even younger? This is awful. Good grief.

It's bogus also because Rob has stated a few times now if there intention is to improve the team and compete for the long term.

They clearly have zero intention of trading Lonzo ball and Brandon Ingram. But some here want to push their (long winded) narrative.

Maybe listen a bit and try to acknowledge there is some risk. From looking at the past 70 pages there seems to be a lot of "agenda" being presented and then clapping each other on the back for how clever you all are.

There is risk and downsides to signing a declining marquee vet that has a history of gutting teams and drama just as much as making it to the Finals.

The "agenda ' that somehow there is a guaranteed 2-3 year title run with a foundation player like James is debatable. It is the other side of the coin that most of the back slappers continue to ignore.

yep
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

I am getting really tired of this back and forth. So I have purposely stayed out of the discussion for long periods. Until it becomes insufferable with the comments ridiculing any comments that do not agree with some.

Still wondering why any thread that has any reference to questioning James gets relegated to a wastelands of the Free Agency and Trade Forum yet half the threads here tend to get dominated with trade proposals for cutting salary for the 2 max plan. For players that are not Lakers and may never be.

Any positive comments of improvement by Randle or Clarkson or roster fit of Lopez or Pope tends to be ridiculed because "they are going to need to be traded to add James" comments. Why isn't the James trades and fantasy comments already moved?

Personally I wart to see how this team performs. I want to see how the develop this year. Maybe the chemistry will surprise us all. Maybe it won't. But I would like to see some fan interest and maybe even some FO support of this roster for this season instead of focusing only on what happens next year.

Rant over. Likely until l the next time I get irritated by some smug and dismissing comments of differing opinions.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Giant useless block of text. Beautiful.

But let's max out Jules without question.

and Brook Lopez and KCP.

yay, championship
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Judah wrote:
Once again:

only point that matters is: will the lakers say: Thanks but no thanks.

i don't think so
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I am getting really tired of this back and forth. So I have purposely stayed out of the discussion for long periods. Until it becomes insufferable with the comments ridiculing any comments that do not agree with some.

Still wondering why any thread that has any reference to questioning James gets relegated to a wastelands of the Free Agency and Trade Forum yet half the threads here tend to get dominated with trade proposals for cutting salary for the 2 max plan. For players that are not Lakers and may never be.

Any positive comments of improvement by Randle or Clarkson or roster fit of Lopez or Pope tends to be ridiculed because "they are going to need to be traded to add James" comments. Why isn't the James trades and fantasy comments already moved?

Personally I wart to see how this team performs. I want to see how the develop this year. Maybe the chemistry will surprise us all. Maybe it won't. But I would like to see some fan interest and maybe even some FO support of this roster for this season instead of focusing only on what happens next year.

Rant over. Likely until l the next time I get irritated by some smug and dismissing comments of differing opinions.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject:

2-3 months ago, Laker fans were saying Lebron's Cleveland team couldn't make the finals in the West.

That Lebron avoids the West because he is scared.

When did this mindset change? Or is it more a money/mouth thing. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter since nothing has really happened in the last 60-90 days.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
2-3 months ago, Laker fans were saying Lebron's Cleveland team couldn't make the finals in the West.

When did this mindset change? Or is it more a money/mouth thing. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter since nothing has really happened in the last 60-90 days.

Maybe he finally sick of the criticism of he can't get it done in the West. LeBron might finally do it this time since he says he wants to chase Michael and Kobe to be the greatest of all time.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Maybe he finally sick of the criticism of he can't get it done in the West. LeBron might finally do it this time since he says he wants to chase Michael and Kobe to be the greatest of all time.

I don't think LeBron sits and thinks "hmm if I take the Lakers from a last place team to the Finals they'll say I'm better than Jordan!!!!"

LeBron is already gonna get those accolades from the people that want to push him regardless of where he goes and cause he beat the 9 loss Warriors team. They'll excuse every other failure he has in his career and focus primarily on the numbers from this point on.

So if LeBron is really chasing the ghosts, he's looking for the fastest way to a championship regardless of if it's in the East or West and will go to the team that offers that probability at it's highest. He's not about the rebuild and wait strategy, he's more the "the moment I land, we have to be a championship contender".

A place like Minnesota or Portland would be more likely to land him because of the established talent they already have there, which is why Portland is trying to clear up more space and move guys around and why you may hear about Dieng and Teague being on the trading block at some point next season or that OKC may be looking to trade a package of Adams and Roberson or Kanter etc to free up space as well.

But James will go where he feels he can go to the Finals his first season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

So what has changed between the finals and all those years before it and the last 60-90 days?

If he could "never win in the West" why wouldnt that hold true at 34?
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

So what has changed between the finals and all those years before it and the last 60-90 days?

I'd say it's based on his repeated finals losses to the West, obviously he has a problem with the West. With a good enough team though anybody can win in the West or East. If the finals goes through the Warriors it really doesn't matter if you face them in the finals or western conference finals you have to beat them regardless. So if you have to beat them, his best chance would be on a stacked as possible team.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Now he won't be the best player on the team. Duh.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
I can't imagine Lebron will come here, unless it is part of an agreement with another max level player like PG13 or Westbrook. I also think that they will agree to take a little under the max, if it means they are keeping someone the players and Magic feel is crucial to the effort, weather that be Randle, Lopez, or some other free agent. Especially if it is Lopez, I can see him doing a 1 year deal with the promise of a bigger deal the year after. I think for Randle it is a harder sell to risk significant injury, and the loss of a lot of guaranteed income.

LeBron is one of the strongest and firmest believers in athletes not taking less money and has made many a comment and complaint about athletes doing so.

That means he's likely not changing that stance ESPECIALLY when it comes to himself.

Seems odd lebron could complain about athletes taking less money when he did it to stack teams to get rings.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
MJST wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
I can't imagine Lebron will come here, unless it is part of an agreement with another max level player like PG13 or Westbrook. I also think that they will agree to take a little under the max, if it means they are keeping someone the players and Magic feel is crucial to the effort, weather that be Randle, Lopez, or some other free agent. Especially if it is Lopez, I can see him doing a 1 year deal with the promise of a bigger deal the year after. I think for Randle it is a harder sell to risk significant injury, and the loss of a lot of guaranteed income.

LeBron is one of the strongest and firmest believers in athletes not taking less money and has made many a comment and complaint about athletes doing so.

That means he's likely not changing that stance ESPECIALLY when it comes to himself.

Seems odd lebron could complain about athletes taking less money when he did it to stack teams to get rings.

Lebron has taken less in the past so he could do it again. When he is talk about players taking less he wishes the NBA had no cap like the 90's. Atleast that's what I think
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Other then the Wiggins/love trade which was actually good trade, does anybody have a good list of young players LeBron traded for vets?

Mitch traded 1st to get rid of Luke/Fisher so don't bring up undrafted picks
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
MJST wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Lebron has taken less in the past so he could do it again. When he is talk about players taking less he wishes the NBA had no cap like the 90's. Atleast that's what I think

No cap sounds like truly an awful idea. I think the NBA should mandate players accept whatever the highest offer is.. Such a system would stop players from stacking teams by taking less than they are worth and give teams the best chance to hold on to their players.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
MJST wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

No cap sounds like truly an awful idea. I think the NBA should mandate players accept whatever the highest offer is.. Such a system would stop players from stacking teams by taking less than they are worth and give teams the best chance to hold on to their players.

Each team should just have slots which a designated amount of money. A max slot for a max player, a semi-max slot for a #2 player, a #3 slot, 3 MLE-equivalent slots, etc. No combining slots.

That way a team could have someone like LeBron as their #1 guy but wouldn't be able to have another superstar as the #2.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
MJST wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Each team should just have slots which a designated amount of money. A max slot for a max player, a semi-max slot for a #2 player, a #3 slot, 3 MLE-equivalent slots, etc. No combining slots.

That way a team could have someone like LeBron as their #1 guy but wouldn't be able to have another superstar as the #2.

I'd go for that as well, the current system is a joke.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

A place like Minnesota or Portland would be more likely to land him because of the established talent they already have there, which is why Portland is trying to clear up more space and move guys around and why you may hear about Dieng and Teague being on the trading block at some point next season or that OKC may be looking to trade a package of Adams and Roberson or Kanter etc to free up space as well.
It would be dangerous and bold move for the MN to trade some/most of their young talent to have enough room for LBJ to play for 1-2 years with no guarantee that he will stay longer.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject:

Randle, KCP, Kuzma n pick for LBJ?

Lopez, Nance
LBJ, Deng
Ingram, Brewer
Clarkson, Hart
Ball, Ennis
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What has changed in the last 60-90 days... probably the realization after the last finals that this Cavs team as currently constructed doesn't have a chance to beat GS (with KD) in a 7 games series so he wants to build a new team that is better than this Cavs. I don't know what LeBron thinks but if i have to guess, LBJ prob doesn't see K.Love as a star anymore and see the team as a 2 man team (him and Kyrie). So he might think that if Lakers (or any team) can get another star to join him in free agency (Paul George rumor for Lakers, Spurs already has Kawhi, etc), he might just see that as better than him/Kyrie.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Judah wrote:
Once again:

The fact is that Lebron went to Cleveland and had top draft picks dealt for a veteran. That really happened, this it is a fact.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

He is doing a good job of that in Cleveland
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

He is doing a good job of that in Cleveland

Fortunately for us, it looks like he doesn't like the Cavs FO, I bet not trading for PG13 really made LeBron upset.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next
Page 71 of 2085
Jump to: