The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 705, 706, 707 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Are people seriously hating on the logo on LAKERSground.net for saying something that is actually true? WOW That is embarassing, to me a small number of Lakers have done enough for the franchise to be immune from any criticism no matter what they say and the logo is the first in line.

There is no such thing as "immune from any criticism" when it comes to LG. If Kobe found a cure for cancer we'd create a thread titled "Kobe could have cured cancer years earlier if only he had bigger hands."

(Then we'd merge it into the Laker Legends Piss and Moan thread.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Are people seriously hating on the logo on LAKERSground.net for saying something that is actually true? WOW That is embarassing, to me a small number of Lakers have done enough for the franchise to be immune from any criticism no matter what they say and the logo is the first in line.

Opinions are opinions

Facts are facts

What the Logo said was his opinion...it was a (bleep)ty opinion...he's a human...humans no matter how accomplished still say and do stupid things...freedom of speech means no one is above reproach or response

What you are missing is that the same people who have called him out still have incredible reverence for him

#BannersOverBillboards
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
ingle wrote:

There is no such thing as "immune from any criticism" when it comes to LG. If Kobe found a cure for cancer we'd create a thread titled "Kobe could have cured cancer years earlier if only he had bigger hands."

(Then we'd merge it into the Laker Legends Piss and Moan thread.)

sad but funny
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Person vandalizing mural caught on camera:

https://twitter.com/nbalakersnation/status/1017274411710156800?s=21

This is bugging me. I don’t get it. He didn’t beat the Lakers. Don’t get the hate. The only thing I see is Kobe stans being threatened by another GOAT candidate. The same people want Kawhi who is doing an org more dirty than LeBron ever did. Kobe is retired, move on, get over it or retire your lakers fandom

The better question is why any Laker fan would fawn over Lebron? We have never ever faced Lebron in a relevant game of any importance, and in the years that the Lakers were relevant Lebron was actually a bumbling choker whose hype far outweighed his actual ability. Then this was capped off by the debacle that was the Decision and it just reinforced in every Laker fan's mind that Lebron's way was far from our Laker ideal.

Now I do think he has redeemed himself after those times with his play in recent years, but most of the damage was already done. I don't know how many Laker fans watched the Eastern conference playoffs in the dark years but I can't imagine it'd be that many. The Laker faithful had already made up their mind on Lebron and the constant hype from ESPN and the like only serves to make most Laker fans even more wary of the guy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Artesties wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

This is bugging me. I don’t get it. He didn’t beat the Lakers. Don’t get the hate. The only thing I see is Kobe stans being threatened by another GOAT candidate. The same people want Kawhi who is doing an org more dirty than LeBron ever did. Kobe is retired, move on, get over it or retire your lakers fandom

The better question is why any Laker fan would fawn over Lebron? We have never ever faced Lebron in a relevant game of any importance, and in the years that the Lakers were relevant Lebron was actually a bumbling choker whose hype far outweighed his actual ability. Then this was capped off by the debacle that was the Decision and it just reinforced in every Laker fan's mind that Lebron's way was far from our Laker ideal.

Now I do think he has redeemed himself after those times with his play in recent years, but most of the damage was already done. I don't know how many Laker fans watched the Eastern conference playoffs in the dark years but I can't imagine it'd be that many. The Laker faithful had already made up their mind on Lebron and the constant hype from ESPN and the like only serves to make most Laker fans even more wary of the guy.

Sigh.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Judah wrote:
Come on, Jerry. You guys got disastrous PR results for trading Blake in January, all for the purpose of what? Creating cap space to get LeBron this summer...and you didn’t even get a meeting. You traded your franchise player for nothing and now you’re probably gonna stink for the next few decades...again.

He is a Clippers consultant (they play in Los Angeles) and saying it was a done deal L.A. Bron wanted to go to Los Angeles.

Well he was right about that....guess what Jerry? No one in LA or nationwide takes the Clippers seriously or ever will until they leave LA.

I’ve been rooting for Anaheim or San Diego Clippers for years. I’d be first to celebrate their move if and when it occurs

Off topic. Love your avatar. Reminds me of my late tortoise Danny. 20 years in our family and past away this February.

Today I say a prayer and burn one for Danny...I love animals...20 years is so lucky. I was actually about to change my avatar to yours until you said this...the happy tortoise stays forever now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ87DJl_jbc#

#BannersOverBillboards
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:

The better question is why any Laker fan would fawn over Lebron?

Not fawn but support cause he's in PnG now, still best player in the world (or top 2 or top 3 or top 5 or top 10) and we should be back in the playoff as a contender (not favorite)... aka we just fast track our team's development by a lot
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ingle wrote:
Artesties wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Sigh.

+1

#BannersOverBillboards
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ingle wrote:

Not fawn but support cause he's in PnG now, still best player in the world (or top 2 or top 3 or top 5 or top 10) and we should be back in the playoff as a contender (not favorite)... aka we just fast track our team's development by a lot

Of course, I think any true/rational Laker fan would support him after he joined the team. But to NOT expect some backlash from a mural painting a guy with 0 zero games in the P&G as the King of LA is extremely naive, when we've got 16 banners hanging and 6 statues erected with another in waiting.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

Extremely wise move. To copy paste my thoughts from the Lebron topic

I support Lebron in the P&G, but to NOT expect some backlash from a mural painting a guy with 0 zero games in the P&G as the King of LA is extremely naive, when we've got 16 banners hanging and 6 statues erected with another in waiting.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

For the record, I’d give Kupchak and Jim Buss credit if they signed LeBron James. Regardless of circumstances, you give a guy some credit if they are able to sign a big free agent. Period.

West out of all people should know this.

Hell, I give Bob Myers credit for signing Cousins even though, according to reports, Cousins called him and got the ball running. I still give Myers credit though. Why? Because he helped create the atmosphere for Cousins to ask his agent to make that call. That alone is enough to garner credit and praise.

Same with Magic and this Laker front office.

West is in the midst of a war. He’s at war for Los Angeles. He’s at war with Magic. He’s at war for Kawhi Leonard. He’s at war for any 2019 free agent. Hell, he’s even at war with himself (him being a LAker at heart).

These are the reasons for his comments. West knows next summer is less than 12 months away. He is merely setting the table. People here think Kobe is a sociopath. West may be worse, so I understand his comments fully within that context.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:

I support Lebron in the P&G, but to NOT expect some backlash from a mural painting a guy with 0 zero games in the P&G as the King of LA is extremely naive, when we've got 16 banners hanging and 6 statues erected with another in waiting.

Careful you make too much sense you might get labeled a Kobe stan and not a real Lakers fan.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

I hated seeing Elgin Baylor languish on the Clippers and the laughingstock franchise they were.

Hate to see Jerry West also finish his days as a Clippers guy too.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I hated seeing Elgin Baylor languish on the Clippers and the laughingstock franchise they were.

Where Laker Legends go for their pension I guess.

#BannersOverBillboards
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

West is better though. He’ll be fine. The Clippers will be good again real soon. Mark my words.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

^That Galinari signing was bad though. Don’t know what exactly he was thinking there.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
ingle wrote:

Careful you make too much sense you might get labeled a Kobe stan and not a real Lakers fan.

Isnt a Kobe stan just a Laker stan though? Not like he played for any other teams.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

ingle wrote:
governator wrote:
ingle wrote:

Of course, I think any true/rational Laker fan would support him after he joined the team. But to NOT expect some backlash from a mural painting a guy with 0 zero games in the P&G as the King of LA is extremely naive, when we've got 16 banners hanging and 6 statues erected with another in waiting.

Actually I expect no vandalism with LeBron's signing or any player signing. It should be universally condemn however you hate the mural painting/the wording, can't condone vandalism like this
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

Hate to see a Laker great debase himself with such an inane comment. He has enough juice to fade gloriously into the sunset, why mess with that. I don’t get it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

West is better though. He’ll be fine. The Clippers will be good again real soon. Mark my words.

They literally got nothing out of CP3/Blake/DJ. Not even a WCF appearance. Hard to see them amassing better talent than 2 all-NBA players and 3 all stars.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ingle wrote:
governator wrote:
ingle wrote:

Actually I expect no vandalism with LeBron's signing or any player signing. It should be universally condemn however you hate the mural painting/the wording, can't condone vandalism like this

I don't think the backlash was against Lebron in particular, it's against the premature hype that I think a lot of Laker fans are fed up with especially with the constant background noise from ESPN.

Not like he's burning down the building, scribbling over an ill advised mural in the first place is what I'd expect would happen. KING OF LA is a provocative title and a territorial move, so don't act surprised when somebody responds - even if they aren't quite the painter you are
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

Anyone involved with vandalizing this guy's work or anyone that supports it is a complete embarrassment. Grow up.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

I agree with ingle. I despise idolatry. It’s part of the reason I rarely say “we” when referencing the Lakers or refer to players in their first name. I’m not part of the LAkers and I don’t know these guys to call them by their first names.

All that being said, the mural, in addition to being poorly worded, is extremely, extremely premature and idolatrous.

I still for the life of me can’t understand how’s any real man can reference James as “King”. As Judah stated a few days ago (big-up Judah), a man should only venerate The Most High, not another mere man.

We are lost in so many ways (myself included).
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
For the record, I’d give Kupchak and Jim Buss credit if they signed LeBron James. Regardless of circumstances, you give a guy some credit if they are able to sign a big free agent. Period.

West out of all people should know this.

Hell, I give Bob Myers credit for signing Cousins even though, according to reports, Cousins called him and got the ball running. I still give Myers credit though. Why? Because he helped create the atmosphere for Cousins to ask his agent to make that call. That alone is enough to garner credit and praise.

Same with Magic and this Laker front office.

West is in the midst of a war. He’s at war for Los Angeles. He’s at war with Magic. He’s at war for Kawhi Leonard. He’s at war for any 2019 free agent. Hell, he’s even at war with himself (him being a LAker at heart).

These are the reasons for his comments. West knows next summer is less than 12 months away. He is merely setting the table. People here think Kobe is a sociopath. West may be worse, so I understand his comments fully within that context.

Great point.

I know people think Lebron would have picked the Lakers anyway even if it was Jim Buss and Mitch.... but really, would they? I loved Mitch, don't get me wrong. But he was not the best salesman from all accounts (see: Lamarcus Aldridge pitch). I actually think Magic and Mitch would have worked really well together in terms of making the smart practical move and then pitching superstar free agents. Unfortunately the Jim Buss cooties got all over Mitch and there was no going back from there.

As for the Clippers... it's going to take some time but to the same point - Ballmer is doing his best to exorcise the Sterling demons away from that franchise, and I (unfortunately) think it's working. Of course they're not the Lakers, but he's managed to turn that franchise into one where some star players have mentioned they wouldn't mind playing there (Kawhi?). They went to the playoffs all those years the Lakers were one of the worst in the league. They had a fun team with the Lob City crew. And now, they've hired the Logo who is one of, if not, the best front office executives around. They are rightfully moving away from the Lakers' shadow and away from Staples into a state of the art arena. The environment they are building with that team now is not one to scoff at completely anymore.

I wish we would have just signed Jerry to a consultant role when he was available. There were reports he was open to just having a small role there but Magic/Pelinka didn't want him? In fact, my main worry with Jerry over there now is him possibly poaching his son Ryan to take over their scouting dept and weakening ours.

Last edited by pokoy on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I don't think the backlash was against Lebron in particular, it's against the premature hype that I think a lot of Laker fans are fed up with especially with the constant background noise from ESPN.

He's the #1 FA hands down in 2018. 29 teams would have died to get him on their team. What's the hype? Most national media are laughing at LBJ and his decision to choose the Lakers. I've even heard clowns who aren't sure if this team makes the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 705, 706, 707 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 706 of 2086
Jump to: