The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 710, 711, 712 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

What kind of pisses me off about the mural thing...It could have been anyone who vandalized it - A Laker hating Kings fan who lives in L.A., a Celtics fan, someone who was paid to vandalize it...Our team is hated around the league, and many people aren't happy that we just got the best player in the world.

And yet, the media will just go with the narrative that it was a Lakers fan who did it, and use that to further their agenda that Lakers fans don't accept Lebron, etc.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Good stuff.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Wish the Lakers could have a live scrimmage. Hate that we Haft to wait til preseason before bball starts.

I can barely handle it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Wish the Lakers could have a live scrimmage. Hate that we Haft to wait til preseason before bball starts.

I can barely handle it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

https://variety.com/2018/biz/opinion/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-hollywood-1202871210/

Lebron's company signed a deal with Paramount to star in a comedy. Nice.
I re-watched clips of Trainwreck, and Lebron was pretty good.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Person vandalizing mural caught on camera:

https://twitter.com/nbalakersnation/status/1017274411710156800?s=21

I haven't seen a bigger coward since "Spit" from Beat Streat
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Person vandalizing mural caught on camera:

https://twitter.com/nbalakersnation/status/1017274411710156800?s=21

I haven't seen a bigger coward since "Spit" from Beat Streat

Hah that's a great reference. Damn I was young back then and times were simpler! Lakers were in the midst of Showtime as well.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

I can barely handle it.

If you ax me, the Big3 just isn't the same.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Thanks! .
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
One thing is for real. If that was a Kobe mural that got defaced like that? The block would have lookouts ready for an ambush for days in case it happened again.

The fact it happened twice for Lebron? We don't love him like that

That’d be pretty pathetic. But it’s that kind of bizarre passion that easily leads me to think that whoever vandalized the mural was a person cut from the very kind of cloth you're describing.

If anyone is flabbergasted that people would vandalize the mural and you’re stuck wondering how a person could possibly get to that point, thinking that they’re actually doing something good, all you have to do is look at the posts in this thread that are rationalizing/justifying it. That’s how you get there. It’s the first step. The folks doing that in this thread are just as bad.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

You know what's weird, GT? Brawn is so tied in my mind to Cleve and Miami that I have yet to even WANT TO see his greatest moves highlight mixes. Iono why, it just feels like I know him too well to bother. I'm still more fulfilled as a fan during the last 5 years with him merely signing here. I haven't even desired to see what I already know he's gonna bring. I'm about to do it now for the first time. Like a virgin. LeBronning for the very first time.

Lol same here, NPZ. I just watched my first Lebron highlight last week:
. Never bothered with checking any out before because he was never a favorite player of mine and I never thought he'd come to LA.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I hated seeing Elgin Baylor languish on the Clippers and the laughingstock franchise they were.

Hate to see Jerry West also finish his days as a Clippers guy too.

West is better though. He’ll be fine. The Clippers will be good again real soon. Mark my words.

They literally got nothing out of CP3/Blake/DJ. Not even a WCF appearance. Hard to see them amassing better talent than 2 all-NBA players and 3 all stars.

Exactly, and specially when they lost all 3 guys for nothing.

I mean really, all they good was a bunch of washed up role players, a bad lottery pick and a starting caliber player in Tobias Harris. Unreal. This team is going nowhere, they'll only atract guys like IT looking for big money and the ball in their hands. No top FA will sign with them anytime soon.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Good stuff.

This + Lonzo's ability to instant playmake off the rebound = LeBron likely to have the best year of his career in scoring (or close to that).
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

People who worship NBA players over the interest of their teams have some serious issues. Kobe Stans, you’re not special. There were Knick fans who thought Melo was the best thing since sliced bread. People were hoping he retired a Knick. They had him on a Mount Rushmore when the rest of the NBA saw Melo for the fraud that he was. Now Kobe isn’t Melo. His career is far superior to Melo’s. Kobe is a top 5 of all time in my book. But defending the house of Kobe like Minute Men Militia standing at the US-Mexico border with their guns isn’t the way to go about things. You can love Kobe in public or in the privacy of your own bedroom. That doesn’t take away from the fact that the Lakers just got the best player in the world. Lebron is legitimately in the GOAT conversation. He is still in his prime and with the help of science and HGH the next 4 years will be terrific for us. He will help turn Kuzma, Ingram, Zo, and Hart into legit stars. Put down your guns. I know Kobe reminds you of all those years of watching NBA with your dads, and Lebron isn’t here to take that away from you. He’s here to put on a show for you and your kids to enjoy. No use in trying to fight it. Just let it happen. The war is over.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
People who worship NBA players over the interest of their teams have some serious issues. Kobe Stans, you’re not special. There were Knick fans who thought Melo was the best thing since sliced bread. People were hoping he retired a Knick. They had him on a Mount Rushmore when the rest of the NBA saw Melo for the fraud that he was. Now Kobe isn’t Melo. His career is far superior to Melo’s. Kobe is a top 5 of all time in my book. But defending the house of Kobe like Minute Men Militia standing at the US-Mexico border with their guns isn’t the way to go about things. You can love Kobe in public or in the privacy of your own bedroom. That doesn’t take away from the fact that the Lakers just got the best player in the world. Lebron is legitimately in the GOAT conversation. He is still in his prime and with the help of science and HGH the next 4 years will be terrific for us. He will help turn Kuzma, Ingram, Zo, and Hart into legit stars. Put down your guns. I know Kobe reminds you of all those years of watching NBA with your dads, and Lebron isn’t here to take that away from you. He’s here to put on a show for you and your kids to enjoy. No use in trying to fight it. Just let it happen. The war is over.

Not really supposed to talk about other fans as Kobe stans Lebron stans or whatever dude.

Kobe is great.
Lebron is great.

We had Kobe, we now have Lebron, I'm happy.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

not sure im happy Lebron doing movies while hes here. Lebron may not be focused on winning the 'chips guys.

Shaq's did movies and released an album.
Most of them while in Orlando

and he definitely didn't release or do much when we won 3 straight or went to 4 finals
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Not really supposed to talk about other fans as Kobe stans Lebron stans or whatever dude.

Kobe is great.
Lebron is great.

I’m sorry. I missed that memo. It was mostly humor on my part. I’ll refrain from using the word “Stan” for a bit. Stan Van Gundy anyone? 😂 But seriously though, thanks for the heads up.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Can we just all apply a bit of common sense? Vandalism is wrong, but so is calling Lebron the king of LA.

First and foremost we are all Laker fans. This isnt Cleveland, we are not witnesses of anybody or anything other than the P&G. If i were to be extreme id even say its disrespectful to those who came before him to call him King of LA. Not even the great magic johnson ever made that claim.

Murder is wrong, but hey, so is saying Kwame Brown is the greatest big man in Laker history!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Kobe is great.
Lebron is great.

I just hope the inevitable tantrum is out of its system and we can move on. Sadly, I don't think it is. Pretty much any billboard with his image I expect to get the same treatment. Once the fuse is lit, and idiots taste a modicum of success (the artist never should have removed it), it will continue.

Last edited by greenfrog on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

I guarantee you that even after paying hundreds (if not thousands) to be a witness to the new Lakers team on opening night, there will inevitably some idiots who will boo our newest Laker when he's introduced by Lawrence Tanter.

Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Kobe is great.
Lebron is great.

I’m sorry. I missed that memo. It was mostly humor on my part. I’ll refrain from using the word “Stan” for a bit. Stan Van Gundy anyone? 😂 But seriously though, thanks for the heads up.

lol all good. Just didn't want you to get dinged.

not kevin.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I guarantee you that even after paying hundreds (if not thousands) to be a witness to the new Lakers team on opening night, there will inevitably some idiots who will boo our newest Laker when he's introduced by Lawrence Tanter.

The craziest part about all of this is that they weren't even rivals (never met in the Finals, careers really didn't span together, never really competed for MVP's or other honors.) It's an entirely made up narrative in their heads.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

That would be so sad. The good news is we do have a lot of front runners at Staples when we are good, so maybe that’ll drown out the boos. Lebron has probably rubbed elbows with most if not all of them...
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Equating rape with splashing a bit of paint over another layer of paint on a public building.

Yeah, some of you take sports way too seriously. Get over yourselves, LA bleeds purple and gold and will welcome ANYBODY to play on the Lakers, but don't anybody tell me that making the claim that Lebron is the King of LA before he's played a single game is not going to raise some eyebrows. Hell, pass Anthony Peeler first

“One thing is for real. If that was a Kobe mural that got defaced like that? The block would have lookouts ready for an ambush for days in case it happened again.” - You

Umm....?
KAJtheGOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

LA Bron is all well & good but him matching/exceeding # of rings with Kobe not sure if it’s gonna be acceptable while I seriously wish for Lakers to make run at couple championship
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 710, 711, 712 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 711 of 2079
Jump to: