The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 723, 724, 725 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

I’m writing an algo on python and saw that the lakers, and lakers players included appeared 14 times in espn’s front page.They are milking the great Lakers again.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Vin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Saul_Hudson wrote:
LeBron will have 98 rating in NBA 2K19

https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37206095_10160547621295305_6323700703197921280_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3b180c0670351b0ff993218e0916c2c8&oe=5BD0FCDA

Has anyone ever been above 100 in NBA 2k?

Jordan is above 100 but shows at 99.

I remember earlier basketball games in the 90's and early 2000's wouldn't have Jordan on any roster, even his own Bulls team. I guess the developers thought it was "unfair" to put MJ in the game (actually, it was more or less due to licensing reasons and the Jordan brand asking for inordinate sums of royalties to use him in their games).

Yeah it was licensing. I think either Jordan was asking for too much than they could afford or were willing to pay for or he straight up didn't want his likeness to be in the games.

To go back to the ratings I think Lebron hits 100 and over in game when some of his attributes activate or during hot streaks.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiFhK7MUcAAp3yK?format=jpg

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

That pic is so surreal to look at. Jesus...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Dave McMenamin salty as F. ranking lakers @6th lol
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

LeBron on the post

His game complements every system, he could even be perfect in the Triangle.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
I’m writing an algo on python and saw that the lakers, and lakers players included appeared 14 times in espn’s front page.They are milking the great Lakers again.

Care to share? I recently learned Python, and I'm practicing for interviews. Would love to see some interesting Python code!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eks3oDb0-Oc&frags=pl%2Cwn

It’s basically just idiots that keep crapping on the Lakers young core. People like PJ Carlesimo legit think Cavs have a better supporting cast.

I’m just give the biggest eye roll when the team becomes a 1 or 2 seed and suddenly the media/people are “shocked” at how talented the crew is.

Predictable as hell.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

It’s basically just idiots that keep crapping on the Lakers young core. People like PJ Carlesimo legit think Cavs have a better supporting cast.

I’m just give the biggest eye roll when the team becomes a 1 or 2 seed and suddenly the media/people are “shocked” at how talented the crew is.

Predictable as hell.

the only team better then the lakers is the warriors. nobody else.

i am not concerned or worried about the Rockets at all
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

The Laker hate in the media is ridiculous. I find it hilarious how now that Lebron joins the Lakers the media and ESPN start to underrate Lebron and what he can do. Criminally underrating our young core. Had Bron been on Cleveland with this exact roster the Lakers have the media would be raving about much talent he has and that they're the 2nd best team in the NBA.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

The Laker hate in the media is ridiculous. I find it hilarious how now that Lebron joins the Lakers the media and ESPN start to underrate Lebron and what he can do. Criminally underrating our young core. Had Bron been on Cleveland with this exact roster the Lakers have the media would be raving about much talent he has and that they're the 2nd best team in the NBA.

((PROFANITY REMOVED - THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE - JMK))
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
watchME wrote:

Care to share? I recently learned Python, and I'm practicing for interviews. Would love to see some interesting Python code!
I’m basically training tensorflow models to predict results of basketball games. Using stuff like passes per game/pos, shot distribution, phisycal/agility measurements, results vs specific referees, coaches, offensive/def rankings etc.

Not sure if you are into tensorflow and schikit learn but look into it.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

((COMMENT REMOVED))

Honestly? I've thus far, since his signing, only witnessed (no pun intended) the opposite. Granted there are a few haters like Will Cain, Skip Bayless, and Rob Parker, but for the most part, guys like Shannon Sharpe, Ryan Hollins, Chris Broussard, even Colin Cowherd, are all singing our praises and expecting us to win 50+ games with LeBron as the MVP. It actually feels strange having LeBron on the team knowing he doesn't get nearly the same amount of negative criticism as Kobe did and is more universally loved by the pundits. It's like for once, we have a superstar that will be defended more often than not, even if it's unjustified in the minds of some.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
watchME wrote:

I’m basically training tensorflow models to predict results of basketball games. Using stuff like passes per game/pos, shot distribution, phisycal/agility measurements, results vs specific referees, coaches, offensive/def rankings etc.

Not sure if you are into tensorflow and schikit learn but look into it.

Oh, cool! So you're using AI/ML. I am taking the intro course on Coursera offered by Andrew Ng, but he's using Octave/Matlab instead of Python. I'll take his deep learning specialization course later, which is in Python.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
GTL wrote:
Vin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Saul_Hudson wrote:
LeBron will have 98 rating in NBA 2K19

https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37206095_10160547621295305_6323700703197921280_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3b180c0670351b0ff993218e0916c2c8&oe=5BD0FCDA

Has anyone ever been above 100 in NBA 2k?

Jordan is above 100 but shows at 99.

I remember earlier basketball games in the 90's and early 2000's wouldn't have Jordan on any roster, even his own Bulls team. I guess the developers thought it was "unfair" to put MJ in the game (actually, it was more or less due to licensing reasons and the Jordan brand asking for inordinate sums of royalties to use him in their games).

Yeah it was licensing. I think either Jordan was asking for too much than they could afford or were willing to pay for or he straight up didn't want his likeness to be in the games.

To go back to the ratings I think Lebron hits 100 and over in game when some of his attributes activate or during hot streaks.

There was that aura to a few select athletes in the early to mid 90's where they were either missing from games (MJ) or were "impossible to beat" (Tyson in Punch Out). The good old days of video games. Simple. 2-4 buttons, a couple 8-16 bit sprites, and music to my ears.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

I can't believe he thinks the Nuggets will be better. Like....wow.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

I don't really care where these guys think the Lakers rank because that's subjective. However, their analysis is extremely poor. Elhassan, in particular, acts like the West has tiers. This past season proved that there was 1 tier that included Houston and GS followed by 7 teams separated by 3 games. The addition of LeBron is enough to get the Lakers into the pack with those 7 teams. Chemistry, health and improvement from the young core will determine whether the Lakers can separate themselves from the pack.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

I can't believe he thinks the Nuggets will be better. Like....wow.

smh
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

The young core is going to shock the world!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
The young core is going to shock the world!!

It won’t be a shock though. At least not to me or to other basketball fans that actually watch games. Just the vocal ones of the lowest common denominator.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Predictable as hell.

They're truly stupid with no grasp of nuance. Does that Cleveland team win 35 games without Lebron? We did it while injury riddled in the WEST!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Okay guys. I value our young core as much as the next guy here, but the truth is Kevin Love is an All-Star. To the eyes of non-real Lakers fan, he alone is better than the Lakers. They aren’t wrong, just slightly misguided. Next season we can possibly have 3 core players better than Love. People who don’t watch the Lakers will say that we suck, because that’s been the narrative while we were tanking. Just like when everyone says Wiggins will never live up to his contract. I get caught saying it too, but you know what? I don’t really (bleep) know? Who watches the Wolves play?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

OKC and Minnesota above the Lakers... Denver... I vomited a little in my mouth. Portland's "continuity"
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
OKC and Minnesota above the Lakers... Denver... I vomited a little in my mouth. Portland's "continuity"

People are seriously overhyping our team before the season starts. The West will be a dogfight. I have no doubt we'll be a playoff team, but we could easily finish 5th, 6th, 7th, hell even 8th in the West. There is a chance we finish behind Minnesota, who still have an All-Star SG and an All-Star center. There is a chance we finish behind Portland, who finished 3rd in the West last season (though I think they'll regress a little). OKC has a better team than us - if you think Westbrook + Paul George + Steve Adams can't beat the Lakers, then I don't know what to tell you.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

When our young core shocks everyone, sports pundits will say Lebron is piggy-backing on a stacked young roster.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Okay guys. I value our young core as much as the next guy here, but the truth is Kevin Love is an All-Star. To the eyes of non-real Lakers fan, he alone is better than the Lakers. They aren’t wrong, just slightly misguided. Next season we can possibly have 3 core players better than Love. People who don’t watch the Lakers will say that we suck, because that’s been the narrative while we were tanking. Just like when everyone says Wiggins will never live up to his contract. I get caught saying it too, but you know what? I don’t really (bleep) know? Who watches the Wolves play?

Yeah, in the East.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 723, 724, 725 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 724 of 2086
Jump to: