The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 724, 725, 726 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

is Lebron gonna be at the Cavs/Lakers game?
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
watchME wrote:
I’m writing an algo on python and saw that the lakers, and lakers players included appeared 14 times in espn’s front page.They are milking the great Lakers again.

Care to share? I recently learned Python, and I'm practicing for interviews. Would love to see some interesting Python code!
I’m basically training tensorflow models to predict results of basketball games. Using stuff like passes per game/pos, shot distribution, phisycal/agility measurements, results vs specific referees, coaches, offensive/def rankings etc.

Not sure if you are into tensorflow and schikit learn but look into it.

Pretty interesting...I'll have to play around with their Java API's.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
levon wrote:
OKC and Minnesota above the Lakers... Denver... I vomited a little in my mouth. Portland's "continuity"

People are seriously overhyping our team before the season starts. The West will be a dogfight. I have no doubt we'll be a playoff team, but we could easily finish 5th, 6th, 7th, hell even 8th in the West. There is a chance we finish behind Minnesota, who still have an All-Star SG and an All-Star center. There is a chance we finish behind Portland, who finished 3rd in the West last season (though I think they'll regress a little). OKC has a better team than us - if you think Westbrook + Paul George + Steve Adams can't beat the Lakers, then I don't know what to tell you.

I disagree with multiple things in your post, but OKC certainly isn't a better team than the Lakers. They were underwhelming last season and could easily regress, especially if Anthony is still with them.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

I'd be surprised if he did attend. I don't think it would be a smart . I'm sure he's figured out it would only fuel some made up bs drama
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I'd be surprised if he did attend. I don't think it would be a smart . I'm sure he's figured out it would only fuel some made up bs drama

”Made up bs drama” like what though? That he's going back to Cleveland? lol
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Btw, LeBron did more than watch the Lakers summer league team in Vegas on Sunday. He met with Lakers coach Luke Walton, who said, “he’s about the team. He’s about doing things the right way and he’s about winning. I can work with those qualities.”

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1019016776426778625?s=21
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Okay guys. I value our young core as much as the next guy here, but the truth is Kevin Love is an All-Star. To the eyes of non-real Lakers fan, he alone is better than the Lakers. They aren’t wrong, just slightly misguided. Next season we can possibly have 3 core players better than Love. People who don’t watch the Lakers will say that we suck, because that’s been the narrative while we were tanking. Just like when everyone says Wiggins will never live up to his contract. I get caught saying it too, but you know what? I don’t really (bleep) know? Who watches the Wolves play?

Yeah, in the East.

And the West
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
When our young core shocks everyone, sports pundits will say Lebron is piggy-backing on a stacked young roster.

Actually was thinking the opposite. Those who rarely watch our team will say "wow Lebron just turned scrubs like Ingram and Hart into good players!" when we all know that that's garbage. I know Beadle for one thinks Ingram is a scrub.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
chantruong wrote:
When our young core shocks everyone, sports pundits will say Lebron is piggy-backing on a stacked young roster.

Actually was thinking the opposite. Those who rarely watch our team will say "wow Lebron just turned scrubs like Ingram and Hart into good players!" when we all know that that's garbage. I know Beadle for one thinks Ingram is a scrub.

Count on that happening. But I really won’t care if we are getting wins.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
levon wrote:
OKC and Minnesota above the Lakers... Denver... I vomited a little in my mouth. Portland's "continuity"

People are seriously overhyping our team before the season starts. The West will be a dogfight. I have no doubt we'll be a playoff team, but we could easily finish 5th, 6th, 7th, hell even 8th in the West. There is a chance we finish behind Minnesota, who still have an All-Star SG and an All-Star center. There is a chance we finish behind Portland, who finished 3rd in the West last season (though I think they'll regress a little). OKC has a better team than us - if you think Westbrook + Paul George + Steve Adams can't beat the Lakers, then I don't know what to tell you.

Your prognosticating is very bad my friend. Minnesota and Portland better than James and the Lakers? Ridiculous. And before you label me an irrational homer, I assure you im not. I’m looking at it purely objectively.

You’re just unable to envision how well HArt, Ingram, Kuzma, Pope, Ball, Rondo, AND mcgee will play with James, and that’s cool.

Just remember to come back and post in February admitting how wrong you were and how you just couldn’t “see it” before you could, you know, see it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Beadle is a Beadle without the eadle.
But agree, that's what people will say.
They'll say Lebron made Lonzo find his shooting.
Lebron made BI get stronger.
Lebron made Kuzma play defense.

But at least we will know the truth
KingJames
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

Kevin Love is garbage defensively I do hope talent in LA is far better. And dont get me wrong as some Lebron fanboy, I fully acknowledge Chris Bosh thats a superstar and real level player.Not kevin friggin love.who is a mismatch defensively. if he played last 2 games in conference final, celtics would be playing final instead of cavs vs warriors.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

I think Kevin Love was pretty good in Minny.
Post game. Great rebounder. Great shooter. Great passer.
When he got to Cleveland, his game got a bit neutered to an outside shooter without the extra touches.

Plus the game changed a bit where 3 pointers were valued more than post ups. His usg% dropped from 29 in his last year in Minny to 22 in his first year in Cleveland (although it did rise the last 4 years).

His 3PAr rose and his FTr dropped. And I would venture to guess that's why his rebounding rate dropped as well.

I think KLove is good. I wouldn't make him be my primary guy. But he's legit. Or he was legit, IMO.

Last edited by epak on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Michelle Beadle knows nothing about sports. Her takes are always trash. She's also a huge Spurs homer and hates the Lakers. Only reason she got where she's at is because of her girl next door looks and personality. Her sports knowledge is rudimentary at best.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Agreed, pokoy. Most of the media will go with this tired narrative other than Lebron contrarians like Skip Bayless. But (bleep) the media anyway.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Okay guys. I value our young core as much as the next guy here, but the truth is Kevin Love is an All-Star. To the eyes of non-real Lakers fan, he alone is better than the Lakers. They aren’t wrong, just slightly misguided. Next season we can possibly have 3 core players better than Love. People who don’t watch the Lakers will say that we suck, because that’s been the narrative while we were tanking. Just like when everyone says Wiggins will never live up to his contract. I get caught saying it too, but you know what? I don’t really (bleep) know? Who watches the Wolves play?

Yeah, in the East.

And the West

He barely made the East All-Star team the past two years! This year's West was comprised of 10 of the 15 All-NBA players, Klay & Dray (who have to share touches with two MVPs), and pre-ACL tear Cousins. I'd take rookie-year Mitchell over Love if both were in the West pool of All-Stars.

LeBron was much better with Green on the floor during the regular season and against Boston in the playoffs. Jeff Green can't play 30 minutes at a high level every night (or rebound), so that's why Love was important to the Cavs, but the money would be better spent on another stretch 4/5 and perimeter defender/shooter.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yeah, in the East.

And the West

He barely made the East All-Star team the past two years! This year's West was comprised of 10 of the 15 All-NBA players, Klay & Dray (who have to share touches with two MVPs), and pre-ACL tear Cousins. I'd take rookie-year Mitchell over Love if both were in the West pool of All-Stars.

LeBron was much better with Green on the floor during the regular season and against Boston in the playoffs. Jeff Green can't play 30 minutes at a high level every night (or rebound), so that's why Love was important to the Cavs, but the money would be better spent on another stretch 4/5 and perimeter defender/shooter.

I’m just saying that even though the nation media and casual NBA fans might be misguided about how talented our core is, the truth of the matter is the Cavs had some proven NBA players last year. That’s what they are basing their opinions on, as flawed as it may be. The Lakers will get their shine. But unfortunately we’ll have to deal with people saying, Lebron turned these no names into stars. We’ll also have to hear the new and casual Lakers fans butcher names like Kuzman instead of Kuzma.

I had a Lakers “fan” tell me Josh Hart is trash. I said last week if Hart got Summer Leagur MVP you’ll change your mind? lol. It’s looking more likely on my end.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
pokoy wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Agreed, pokoy. Most of the media will go with this tired narrative other than Lebron contrarians like Skip Bayless. But (bleep) the media anyway.

I think the media will try to balance their love of Lebron with their hate of the Lakers. I feel that the majority of Lebron fans feel betrayed for him picking us instead of a more ready made situation and the sports media will echo this sentiment. In any case as long we win, I don't care whos doing well or struggling I am happy.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
zePokar wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
not gonna happen folks... Lebron leaving Cleveland again would be a complete joke! He will trade Love for Carmelo and bring in Wade at a discount. He'll have 2 banana brothers to go up against GS with next year.

Well he brought a chip there. I totally could see him leaving now. But off course why would he come to the Lakers. That I don't get.

House resides in LA
His kids enroll a school in LA
Business is likely in LA
His post-dream job of being a actor and a entertainer will be here in LA

Yup, many reasons. Plus he loves warm weather cities like LA and Miami. Lebron isn't a dumb guy, he sees that this team has young up and coming talent (or trade chips) and a guy like PG13 coming as well possibly. However, getting rid of Deng and Moz would definitely be needed to bring LBJ over and that would require giving up assets. It's a pipe dream but you never know.

Exactly.

Dude probably wants to become a actor and even though he can still do it with the Cavs or some place else, the Lakers and its popularity will bring him to new heights as far as endorsements and jersey sells.

He's coming to the lakers because he wants to become an actor ? Are you serious with this stuff 2.0 ?

Nevermind, you are.

Being a actor willl be a reason for him to come here, I did not suggest that is the reason. There is many things to do in LA and is the entertainment capital, he can do sells and marketing here as well as joining a team that already be close to contention.

I was on the Lebron to LA since the Jeff Katz Space Jam 2 theory. But the homie IG/2.0 was slaying cats over a year ago as well.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yeah, in the East.

And the West

Love wouldn't be an All-Star if he was playing in the West.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yeah, in the East.

And the West

Love is all you need.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yeah, in the East.

And the West

Love is all you need.

Of course. We’re nothing without Love.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yeah, in the East.

And the West

Love is all you need.

Of course. We’re nothing without Love.

💕😝
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

LeBron is no dummy, he understands that this team played over 500 ball last season when both Zo and BI were out there. His addition plus the improvement of our young players adds up very nicely in the 15-20 win range. What do you have if you add 15-20 wins to a 500 team? It’s gonna be fun to be good again.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
LeBron is no dummy, he understands that this team played over 500 ball last season when both Zo and BI were out there. His addition plus the improvement of our young players adds up very nicely in the 15-20 win range. What do you have if you add 15-20 wins to a 500 team? It’s gonna be fun to be good again.

We won 35 games and included an 0-9 stretch, winning only 4 our of our final 15, Lonzo missing 30 games, BI missing time, and KCP missing some. Also with very little veteran depth.

We're a 53-55 win team now and LeBron knows that
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 724, 725, 726 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 725 of 2079
Jump to: