The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 727, 728, 729 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
LeBron and Durant partying together in L.A.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/19/lebron-james-kevin-durant-los-angeles-lakers/

Do it Magic!

Did anyone else’s jaw just drop when they saw hoodie KD hop in the car with Lebron. I know they’ve played flag football together a million years ago, but they aren’t exactly friends... Things just got very interesting LA.

Very very interesting. I thought that maybe it was related to a collab with Space Jam 2, but who knows.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Durant gonna copy LBJ next year and join the Knicks. He's going to see Lebron having fun and mentoring the kids and still being competitive and he's gonna be like "I can do that too." Knicks have a great young core and have the biggest market. He's going to get a lot of props for resurrecting the franchise.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Durant gonna copy LBJ next year and join the Knicks. He's going to see Lebron having fun and mentoring the kids and still being competitive and he's gonna be like "I can do that too." Knicks have a great young core and have the biggest market. He's going to get a lot of props for resurrecting the franchise.

I spoke to a friend of mine who lives in NY and has been a diehard Knicks fan since the 80's and he feels Durant is coming to NY. He also stated that a lot of people in NY believe he's coming there. We shall see, but I agree that it's a good location for him. A bit redundant however with Porzingis but having both of them on that team...yikes.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

The Knicks are going to need to shed a lot of salary over the next year to build a superteam - they owe $50M to Noah, Courtney Lee, and THJ in 2020 and Porzingis is up for a pay day next summer (his cap hold is an additional $18M).

The Nets could be intriguing if he wants to team up with another max star such as Kyrie, but Brooklyn's young guys under contract aren't that intriguing (RHJ and DLo would have to walk in this scenario) unless Brooklyn gets a top three draft pick like RJ Barrett.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
chantruong wrote:

The Knicks are going to need to shed a lot of salary over the next year to build a superteam - they owe $50M to Noah, Courtney Lee, and THJ in 2020 and Porzingis is up for a pay day next summer (his cap hold is an additional $18M).

The Nets could be intriguing if he wants to team up with another max star such as Kyrie, but Brooklyn's young guys under contract aren't that intriguing (RHJ and DLo would have to walk in this scenario) unless Brooklyn gets a top three draft pick like RJ Barrett.

Kanters cap hold and Noah stretch would be more than 1 max. Trading Lee and THJ gives them the second max. They have KP's bird rights so they can go over the cap. It can work with the Knicks and NY would dub Durant the savior of that franchise.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

The Undefeated

@TheUndefeated
https://twitter.com/TheUndefeated/status/1019994943476195328

"Now we all get to be witnesses!"

Denzel Washington looks forward to being courtside when LeBron James suits up for the Los Angeles Lakers.

👉🏿 https://undf.td/2mqOlMt
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
The Undefeated

@TheUndefeated
https://twitter.com/TheUndefeated/status/1019994943476195328

"Now we all get to be witnesses!"

Denzel Washington looks forward to being courtside when LeBron James suits up for the Los Angeles Lakers.

👉🏿 https://undf.td/2mqOlMt

Is he going to be sitting opposite of Jack and DiCaprio? LeBron attracting the big timers in tinsel town. So long as Snoop Dogg doesn't bandwagon his way back...the Warriors can keep him
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Excellent piece by Ding. I was looking forward to his commentary on LeBron signing with the Lakers and it was well worth the wait:

Quote:
James wants to play more like the young Lakers have, running and riffing without getting tired because of the front office’s mandate for no more than 8 percent body fat.

James is more of a kid-at-heart goofball than you would think given his global icon stature. Those close to James have no doubt that he will revel in the mentoring role—in part because it will be so much fun for the not-yet-old dog to be around so many eager pups.

James conveyed some of that to Johnson and Rob Pelinka in his meetings with the Lakers’ front office.

“LeBron made it clear to Earvin and me that it was one of the things he was so excited about,” Pelinka said. “We all know when you’re hanging around youth, it’s exciting. I keep thinking it’s going to add fuel to his rocket pack, just to be around young, energetic guys who play fast and play hard. There’s an innocence to being able to shape them and mold them.“

“I think a player at LeBron’s career stage, it’s going to be really incredible for him to feel like he’s giving back to the game and helping shape these young guys. He didn’t necessarily have that experience the way the Cleveland team was built. So we purposely wanted this team to be built very differently than the past one he has played with. I really think the youth is going to be a mutually beneficial thing.

“Bring joy back to him, being around the young guys, shaping their careers. And then of course the influence he’s going to have on making those guys better. We’ve seen that here before with Magic shaping a team, with Kobe shaping a team. Now it’s LeBron’s turn to have a blank canvas to put his imprint on the DNA of this team.”

It can work both ways: James raising the bar so the young Lakers’ basketball IQ can pass postseason tests, James operating freer and easier than when he looked like a sweat-soaked Northeast Ohio factory worker singlehandedly laboring so the company was getting something up out of the smokestack.“

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-point/180713-lebrons-basketball-mind-will-push-lakers-boundaries

It feels so incredible that some of us have been envisioning this for over a year. Now we’re seeing it play out in real time.

This article has some encouraging aspects for this old skeptical heart.

I hope this is more then lip service from a Laker writer. James joining the team and allowing the team to play with that same energy and ball sharing flow they showed last year is a dream come true.

Still need to see it on the court but would be thrilled if the young players were able to energize the vets as much as the vets can mentor and lead the young core. The possibilities are there to be optimistic about.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Kanters cap hold and Noah stretch would be more than 1 max. Trading Lee and THJ gives them the second max. They have KP's bird rights so they can go over the cap. It can work with the Knicks and NY would dub Durant the savior of that franchise.

Right, but moving Lee and THJ (who has a 15% trade kicker) is easier said than done. They'll be at $27M after waiving Lance Thomas and renouncing rights to all their free agents except KP, but they'll also likely add a top-10 pick for around $4-7M, so let's say the Knicks start free agency with $22M.

Stretching Noah saves $13M and change, which could give them just enough to add Durant on a 35% max. But they'd need to move every penny owed to Lee and THJ (2020 PO) to bring in that second star on a 30% max. Possible? Yes. Probable...?

They really hurt themselves with the THJ deal.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Right, but moving Lee and THJ (who has a 15% trade kicker) is easier said than done. They'll be at $27M after waiving Lance Thomas and renouncing rights to all their free agents except KP, but they'll also likely add a top-10 pick for around $4-7M, so let's say the Knicks start free agency with $22M.

Stretching Noah saves $13M and change, which could give them just enough to add Durant on a 35% max. But they'd need to move every penny owed to Lee and THJ (2020 PO) to bring in that second star on a 30% max. Possible? Yes. Probable...?

I think will go for one max FA in 2019 then one in 2020. I'm assuming KD wlll do his best impression of LBJ and will not strong-arm the franchise to trading for another star player.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
chantruong wrote:

I think will go for one max FA in 2019 then one in 2020. I'm assuming KD wlll do his best impression of LBJ and will not strong-arm the franchise to trading for another star player (at least this year' s Lebron).
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Judah wrote:
Excellent piece by Ding. I was looking forward to his commentary on LeBron signing with the Lakers and it was well worth the wait:

Quote:
James wants to play more like the young Lakers have, running and riffing without getting tired because of the front office’s mandate for no more than 8 percent body fat.

James is more of a kid-at-heart goofball than you would think given his global icon stature. Those close to James have no doubt that he will revel in the mentoring role—in part because it will be so much fun for the not-yet-old dog to be around so many eager pups.

James conveyed some of that to Johnson and Rob Pelinka in his meetings with the Lakers’ front office.

“LeBron made it clear to Earvin and me that it was one of the things he was so excited about,” Pelinka said. “We all know when you’re hanging around youth, it’s exciting. I keep thinking it’s going to add fuel to his rocket pack, just to be around young, energetic guys who play fast and play hard. There’s an innocence to being able to shape them and mold them.“

“I think a player at LeBron’s career stage, it’s going to be really incredible for him to feel like he’s giving back to the game and helping shape these young guys. He didn’t necessarily have that experience the way the Cleveland team was built. So we purposely wanted this team to be built very differently than the past one he has played with. I really think the youth is going to be a mutually beneficial thing.

“Bring joy back to him, being around the young guys, shaping their careers. And then of course the influence he’s going to have on making those guys better. We’ve seen that here before with Magic shaping a team, with Kobe shaping a team. Now it’s LeBron’s turn to have a blank canvas to put his imprint on the DNA of this team.”

It can work both ways: James raising the bar so the young Lakers’ basketball IQ can pass postseason tests, James operating freer and easier than when he looked like a sweat-soaked Northeast Ohio factory worker singlehandedly laboring so the company was getting something up out of the smokestack.“

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-point/180713-lebrons-basketball-mind-will-push-lakers-boundaries

It feels so incredible that some of us have been envisioning this for over a year. Now we’re seeing it play out in real time.

I hope this is more then lip service from a Laker writer. James joining the team and allowing the team to play with that same energy and ball sharing flow they showed last year is a dream come true.

Still need to see it on the court but would be thrilled if the young players were able to energize the vets as much as the vets can mentor and lead the young core. The possibilities are there to be optimistic about.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

MJ’s total points versus minutes played is pretty damn remarkable.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlbwJRoAsHg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1pxiao7950mjt

Btw, Kuz’s comment is priceless
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlbwJRoAsHg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1pxiao7950mjt

Btw, Kuz’s comment is priceless

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/1020112069964656640

This is a little easier to see.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
You guys think LeBron should keep his beard or should he shave it?

I think he should let it keep growing out, shave it and then make a hairpiece out of it. Lol j/k
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
LeBron and Durant partying together in L.A.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/19/lebron-james-kevin-durant-los-angeles-lakers/

Do it Magic!

Did anyone else’s jaw just drop when they saw hoodie KD hop in the car with Lebron. I know they’ve played flag football together a million years ago, but they aren’t exactly friends... Things just got very interesting LA.

Durant gets into the white Rolls Royce Phantom behind LBJ's black Escalade. So not the same car.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
You guys think LeBron should keep his beard or should he shave it?

I think he should let it keep growing out, shave it and then make a hairpiece out of it. Lol j/k

BI going up for a board while Bron is coming down...brings new meaning to the term 'watching them tangle'
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject:

Things are getting quite salty over there in The Land. They are on the second stage of grief: Anger. They’re crapping all over our team but don’t seem to realize we beat the Cavs, Celtics, Sixers, Rockets, Spurs, and gave the Warriors all they can handle. That’s without their Demigod Lebron. Keep underrating our young core. And keep underrating our extremely smart front office. If theirs were smart enough to surround Lebron with the right pieces and not shooters who can’t defend... well he’d still be in LA. But his decision would have been much harder.

I can admit that Sexton is a nice young player. There’s too much salt in their mouths to do the same. Sorry, but a healthy Lonzo will take Sexton’s lunch money. And I’m sorry their front office got finessed in the IT/Wagner/Frye for Nance/Clarkson trade. Thanks for the cap space. Cheers.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

Transition, Post ups and PnR contribute to large part of Lebrons offense.

We are short of PnR partners here. After Mcgee im thinking Kuzma(and he isn't great at this right now either), is why im pretty convinced hes gonna play big minutes because its easy offence not just for LBJ and Kuz but for the rest of the team. Unless we're gonna throw the pup( Wagner) to the wolves
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
Transition, Post ups and PnR contribute to large part of Lebrons offense.

We are short of PnR partners here. After Mcgee im thinking Kuzma(and he isn't great at this right now either), is why im pretty convinced hes gonna play big minutes because its easy offence not just for LBJ and Kuz but for the rest of the team. Unless we're gonna throw the pup( Wagner) to the wolves

Ingram might work. But you’re right. We do have cutters everywhere though, so sending a third person to the rim and using the pick person as a decoy (ala GSW) might be our best option.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/SuLIHGHcsUU

Mama. There goes that man!
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Judah wrote:

Quote:

In the same boat actually...
The article doesn't mention that LeBron was basically responsible for most of that roster in Cleveland though. Am interested to see how he does with this young roster though.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
https://youtu.be/SuLIHGHcsUU

Mama. There goes that man!

I still can't believe this BEAST is a Laker.

Mama, here comes that man!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 727, 728, 729 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 728 of 2082
Jump to: