The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 729, 730, 731 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lebron can play 36 MPG in his sleep. His stamina reminds me of Wilt in many ways. Nobody is going to tell Lebron how many minutes he should play. He calls the shots. And like I said he has never played less than 36 MPG a game in his career.

He is smarter then u r giving him credit for.

Why do u care him playing certain amount of mins?
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lebron can play 36 MPG in his sleep. His stamina reminds me of Wilt in many ways. Nobody is going to tell Lebron how many minutes he should play. He calls the shots. And like I said he has never played less than 36 MPG a game in his career.

There's a first time for everthing. If we want good value for the next 4 years, best we start taking care of our asset...still feels weird thinking of LeBron that way
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

LeBron is an absolute beast. I like the idea of reducing his minutes a bit though, we don't need him having to carry the load he did last year for instance in Cleveland when he was the only guy doing anything.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

I'm curious as to how Stu Lantz and JM, specifically Lantz (he do dance) is going to call LeBron. Similar to how he called Kobe? We shall see (or hear, if you want to get technical about it!)
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

Funny how everyone who hated this signing *cough*KobeFans*cough* said Lebron would ship off the core for other All Stars. Well, the Lakers refused to give up any of the core for Leonard (if Lebron REALLY wanted Leonard right now you know the Lakers would've traded for him) and Lebron has embraced the mentor role.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
Johnny Cage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

Now somebody vandalized the OTHER Lebron mural SMH....

https://twitter.com/yahoosportsnba/status/1020746793309605895?s=21
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
I'm curious as to how Stu Lantz and JM, specifically Lantz (he do dance) is going to call LeBron. Similar to how he called Kobe? We shall see (or hear, if you want to get technical about it!)

Stu will probably complain less and talk less about wanting to leave early.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

Johnny Cage wrote:

Kobe fan bois are just so stupid
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:

Wow that was a good one too.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

Johnny Cage wrote:

What the hell is a matter with these people.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

This is not a good argument. He's a year older every season, so it doesn't matter how many minutes he averaged 10 seasons ago. This shouldn't be determined by looking back. It's about looking forward. A guy that played all 82 games last year and made it to the Finals for the 8th straight time should be handled with supreme care. 36 is a bit much too much IMO. I would try to keep him at around 34 if the team plays well enough.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
32 wrote:

This is not a good argument. He's a year older every season, so it doesn't matter how many minutes he averaged 10 seasons ago. This shouldn't be determined by looking back. It's about looking forward. A guy that played all 82 games last year and made it to the Finals for the 8th straight time should be handled with supreme care. 36 is a bit much too much IMO. I would try to keep him at around 34 if the team plays well enough.

That isn’t a very good argument either. 32 is correct, Lebron will determine Lebron’s minutes. Like Kobe, you play him the minutes he wants you to.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:

How are you so sure it's a Kobe fan? Maybe its just a Lakers hater/fan of another team who did this. A lot of other teams are pissed that we got Lebron, and to be honest, have always hated us beforehand anyway. I'm sure they would be thrilled that other Lakers fans are getting the blame for something they did.

Last edited by leor_77 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
32 wrote:

That isn’t a very good argument either. 32 is correct, Lebron will determine Lebron’s minutes. Like Kobe, you play him the minutes he wants you to.

I think he'd like to play slightly less minutes. He couldn't afford to with that team last season though. It remains to be seen if he can do so this season.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
32 wrote:

So you really think it'll just be an independent decision of his and the Lakers will just oblige? I don't. It's not like it was his idea to play more in the post. It's something they determined will be better for him at this stage of his career and he's agreeing to it. I'm not saying that the Lakers will determine his minutes and he will have no say so. I believe it's something that Magic, LeBron, Luke, and Nunez will work out and decide together. And that is a much more accurate summary of what Kobe’s last year was like. He, Byron, and Vitti worked it out. It wasn't an independent decision that Kobe made and everyone just obliged.

Last edited by Judah on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I think having LeBron James is great for the young players' development. It may not necessarily translate to wins, but what it will do is it will give players ample opportunities to prove their ability while winning games. By the end of year two of James's tenure we will know who can contribute to winning a championship and who can't. LeBron James is a player who allows players around him to fail or succeed because he's going to be unselfish with the ball regardless.

Its quite the opposite of the Kobe approach, where winning is the objective over development. So in Kobe's case, if a player hasn't proven himself (in practice) he likely wouldn't receive as many opportunities.

Both methods (Kobe's "Get better then I'll give you the ball" or LeBron's "I'm giving you the ball so get better") have their pros and cons, neither is better than the other . However, if the goal is young player development for this front office then I think LeBron James and his method are what's best. The organization has to be true in its commitment to development, though.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

So which one of you self-proclaimed LeBron haters did Jim Buss pay to vandalize this new mural? Or did you just do it for free?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

They need to put some security at these murals and cameras. Catch these ass holes and put them behind bars. You should not be allowed to deface art like that, someone put in a lot of hard work and time into it
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
They need to put some security at these murals and cameras. Catch these ass holes and put them behind bars. You should not be allowed to deface art like that, someone put in a lot of hard work and time into it

I can’t imagine police staking out murals though lol.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:

How are you so sure it's a Kobe fan? Maybe its just a Lakers hater/fan of another team who did this. A lot of other teams are pissed that we got Lebron, and to be honest, have always hated us beforehand anyway. I'm sure they would be thrilled that other Lakers fans are getting the blame for something they did.

Good one.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:

What the hell is a matter with these people.

Seriously, this is absolutely terrible terrible terrible.

As Chuck would say, TRRRRBLLE!

I'm ashamed that people see this and assume it's our fan base. These clowns are no fans. They're idiots with a clear mental deficiency who find solace in vandalizing other people's businesses/art work.

To hell with whoever did this, and honestly, I hope they catch the creeps and ship them off to jail where they belong.

The man CHOOSES to play here and these losers think it's funny or witty or somehow honorable to deface the murals.

I'm appalled at the idiocy but not surprised by the immaturity of the punks who did this. These people don't represent the Lakers, they don't represent Kobe, they don't represent LeBron and certainly they don't represent the city of LA.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure it was a Grizzlies fan.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

I can’t imagine police staking out murals though lol.

I meant private security. I've seen some murals in LA have a security guard watching over it.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't there a $300k bounty on defacing the first one? Maybe we can conveniently shift the excuse away to capitalism instead of going with the lone Sixers fan theory.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Get out of here with that hate. The dude is here to restore order, how in the hell can you hate that. Ok whatever, you don’t like the guy but what does vandalizing someone’s hard work accomplish?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 729, 730, 731 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 730 of 2086
Jump to: