The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
I'm surprised no one has brought up the 1980s Lakers as a comparison. That was a team with huge age differences, which managed to do pretty well.

Age differences, 1980s Lakers
Kareem to Magic - 12 years, 4 months
Kareem to Worthy - 13 years, 10 months

Age differences, 2018 Lakers (if acquire LeBron, PG, keep Lopez, Kuzma)
LeBron to Ingram - 12 years, 8 months
LeBron to Ball - 12 years, 10 months
LeBron to PG - 5 years, 4 months
LeBron to Lopez - 3 years, 3 months
LeBron to Kuzma - 10 years, 6 months

The 1980's were caveman basketball compared to today.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

Are we equating trading Michael Beasley for cap space with LBJ forcing Lonzo and Ingram to be traded?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Are we equating trading Michael Beasley for cap space with LBJ forcing Lonzo and Ingram to be traded?

I don't have any idea what you are equating but I am equating doing what it takes to win with doing what it takes to win. That happened in Miami and Cleveland when they added Lebron. It would happen here if we add him with the goal of winning titles.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
people still have their head stuck in jim/Mitch's ass to make logical posts

And this post is somehow logical? What do Jim and Mitch have to do with anything? We are discussing Lebron, not anyone else. Another failure at understanding the conversation. At least some bring factual opinions to the discussion ala Judah. I respect that.

U R the last person who should be talking about logical post.

Take your own advice before asking others.
#garbagetroll
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't know, but Beasley was the #2 pick (who many had pegged as the #1 player in the draft) and had just finished his 2nd season. I don't know how Miami fans felt about him, but I think most teams fans would be pretty attached to a #2 pick and hoping for superstardom after his 2nd season (averaging 15/6). I'd guess there was a contingent of Miami fans that were sad/mad to see Beasley go.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't know, but Beasley was the #2 pick (who many had pegged as the #1 player in the draft) and had just finished his 2nd season. I don't know how Miami fans felt about him, but I think most teams fans would be pretty attached to a #2 pick and hoping for superstardom after his 2nd season (averaging 15/6). I'd guess there was a contingent of Miami fans that were sad/mad to see Beasley go.

So u R saying you won't beasley to pair up wade/LeBron/bosh entering their primes?
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

randle + deng is the most logical move to free up cap space.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So u R saying you won't beasley to pair up wade/LeBron/bosh entering their primes?

I think you're asking if I would have traded Beasley? Sure, probably. And if the Lakers somehow were able to sign Lebron and Paul George, I'd probably look to trade Ingram for a 3rd all-star.

My point was it looks obvious in hindsight to dump Beasley, but at the time, maybe it didn't feel that obvious. Take how Laker fans on this forum feel about Ingram - that may be how Miami fans felt about Beasley at the time. But I acknowledge I don't remember exactly how Beasley was perceived at that point in time.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

And cutting Thomas Byrant (I assume you mean stretching Deng). Then a salary dump of at least $4,193,422 in any trade for JC gets it done for Lebron & PG13.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think you're asking if I would have traded Beasley? Sure, probably. And if the Lakers somehow were able to sign Lebron and Paul George, I'd probably look to trade Ingram for a 3rd all-star.

My point was it looks obvious in hindsight to dump Beasley, but at the time, maybe it didn't feel that obvious. Take how Laker fans on this forum feel about Ingram - that may be how Miami fans felt about Beasley at the time. But I acknowledge I don't remember exactly how Beasley was perceived at that point in time.

this beasley?

Quote:
Ever since coming into the NBA two years ago, Beasley has been nothing but a huge disappointment for the Heat. A player once thought to have the talent to rival LeBron James, Beasley has only turned out to be a streaky role player.

The reason that Beasley hasn't improved in his tenure in Miami remains a mystery. Playing alongside Dwyane Wade usually would motivate a young player to become the best he possibly can, but it seems that Beasley just doesn't care. A lack of work ethic and also taking care of his body may be the main causes for his problems.

Last season Beasley was shown in a photo in possession of marijuana, and that could be evidence of one of the reasons that he hasn't been able to perform to his best. Perhaps not keeping his body in the best condition possible is part of this huge "bust"?

Who knows what it is, but one thing is for certain: If he wants to make a name for himself and not be known as a huge bust, then he needs to start improving now.

All that being said, the Heat may not want to hang onto him any longer unless he has yet another bad season and loses all trade value. Something that I've heard thrown around lately is Beasley being involved in a sign-and-trade deal for Chris Bosh, but that is far from verified.

However, if they were able to sign-and-trade for Bosh, that would enable them to pursue both Dwyane Wade and LeBron James as well, which would make for an absolutely unstoppable big three.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

Maybe a team would do it if we take back one of their bad contracts
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Miami made the moves they needed to build a title team with Lebron. Cleveland did the same. The question is, will the Lakers if he decides to come here?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

People need to stop with the Miami comparisons.

Our situation is a lot closer to Clevelands's except for the fact that we don't have an established all-star talent like Cleveland had in Irving.

Here's the reality, Cleveland was still rebuilding and had brought in the coach to build that with, drafted Wiggins and seemed to be moving forward with a Wiggins/Kyrie team.

Miami on the other hand was a 47 win playoff team and had a top 6 Defense in the league. They already had an established all-star AND Finals MVP in Dwyane Wade and had added another all-star player to their roster in Chris Bosh who was a top 3 PF in the league at the time.

So let's not act like our situation is ANYWHERE close to Miami's.

If we were a 47 win team next year and a top 6 defense in the league with two of Lonzo, Ingram or Randle playing at an all-star level then you may have the "but in Miami" argument.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Our situation is a lot closer to Clevelands's except for the fact that we don't have an established all-star talent like Cleveland had in Irving.

Here's the reality, Cleveland was still rebuilding and had brought in the coach to build that with, drafted Wiggins and seemed to be moving forward with a Wiggins/Kyrie team.

Miami on the other hand was a 47 win playoff team and had a top 6 Defense in the league. They already had an established all-star AND Finals MVP in Dwyane Wade and had added another all-star player to their roster in Chris Bosh who was a top 3 PF in the league at the time.

If we were a 47 win team next year and a top 6 defense in the league with two of Lonzo, Ingram or Randle playing at an all-star level then you may have the "but in Miami" argument.

our situation is not same as Cleveland.

Wiggins hadn't played a single nba game and Bennett was the biggest #1 bust

Ingram will be entering 3rd year and Lonzo will be entering 2nd year
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:

our situation is not same as Cleveland.

Nope cause no ones even playing at the level Kyrie played at yet and are probably 2-3 more seasons away from it at least, if that happens.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What part of Magic saying Ball and Ingram are off limits don't you understand?
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

this beasley?

Quote:
Ever since coming into the NBA two years ago, Beasley has been nothing but a huge disappointment for the Heat. A player once thought to have the talent to rival LeBron James, Beasley has only turned out to be a streaky role player.

The reason that Beasley hasn't improved in his tenure in Miami remains a mystery. Playing alongside Dwyane Wade usually would motivate a young player to become the best he possibly can, but it seems that Beasley just doesn't care. A lack of work ethic and also taking care of his body may be the main causes for his problems.

Last season Beasley was shown in a photo in possession of marijuana, and that could be evidence of one of the reasons that he hasn't been able to perform to his best. Perhaps not keeping his body in the best condition possible is part of this huge "bust"?

Who knows what it is, but one thing is for certain: If he wants to make a name for himself and not be known as a huge bust, then he needs to start improving now.

All that being said, the Heat may not want to hang onto him any longer unless he has yet another bad season and loses all trade value. Something that I've heard thrown around lately is Beasley being involved in a sign-and-trade deal for Chris Bosh, but that is far from verified.

However, if they were able to sign-and-trade for Bosh, that would enable them to pursue both Dwyane Wade and LeBron James as well, which would make for an absolutely unstoppable big three.

Link to this article? Ok, one article created a negative narrative. He's a bust because he smoked weed. Ya, ok. The guy averaged 15/6, but he's a huge disappointment? What were they expecting 20/10 from day 1? Not sure what this proves about him as a player. I will say clearly he didn't have great trade value.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Um, ok everyone. I said I think if we sign Lebron and Paul George, Magic/Pelinka would look to trade Ingram for an established all-star. That's my opinion on that hypothetical scenario. For the record, I don't believe anything that comes out of Magic's mouth. If you do, cool.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Um, ok everyone. I said I think if we sign Lebron and Paul George, Magic/Pelinka would look to trade Ingram for an established all-star. That's my opinion on that hypothetical scenario. For the record, I don't believe anything that comes out of Magic's mouth. If you do, cool.

With what cap and we will have no crap space or assets to do that. This is why the Warriors are better than us because they homegrown their talent, and then added Durant. We need to do the same. Also Pg13 and crybaby LeBron will cost us 67 mil and we need the other 36 mil to fill out the rest of our team.
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

It's hard for me to get excited about LeBron, or where he plays. I take little credence in what Woj says too. The telling part will be what Cleveland demands in return for Irving. If Cleveland insists on equal talent in exchange for Irving, then there is a good chance that LeBron leaves (not that he comes here because I don't think he wants anything to do with the Western Conference) Ohio.

The reasoning? They don't want to start from scratch all over again. Irving doesn't want to go through another rebuild with Cleveland, which is why he wants a trade, and Cleveland doesn't want to be left without Irving and LeBron. So my guess is that they'll want plenty for Irving or else they won't trade him. As far as LeBron goes? It's a big "Meh...." to me.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You say that as if these Miami comparisons just suddenly appeared out of nowhere like Ex Nihilo. The only reason people are comparing it to Miami is because VLF made a baseless assertion about LeBron that he later backtracked from.
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Stay away Lebron
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
Stay away Lebron

Who do you want instead?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Stay away Lebron

Who do you want instead?

Why start another round of "who do you want and why?"

You have been in enough of the discussions over the past 70 pages to know the options. More then likely in more detail then the majority around here.

It is a differing opinion on a hypothetical free agent.

Which reminds me: Shouldn't this entire thread be moved to...

Trade and Free Agency Discussion
Got Rumors? Got a Trade Idea? Want a Free Agent? Talk About It Here!
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Stay away Lebron

Who do you want instead?

Why start another round of "who do you want and why?"

You have been in enough of the discussions over the past 70 pages to know the options. More then likely in more detail then the majority around here.

It is a differing opinion on a hypothetical free agent.

Which reminds me: Shouldn't this entire thread be moved to...

Trade and Free Agency Discussion
Got Rumors? Got a Trade Idea? Want a Free Agent? Talk About It Here!

Did the actions of Indiana's FO inspire such a petty post? Relax, bro.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 74 of 2079
Jump to: