The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 731, 732, 733 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

What difference does it make whether you smile or not in your driver's license photo? It ain't a mugshot.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/07/22/dmv-in-cleveland-tapes-a-photo-of-lebron-to-their-camera-to-stop-people-smiling/

Quote:
DMV in Cleveland tapes a photo of LeBron to their camera to stop people smiling

A trip to the DMV is never at the top of anyone’s list of ways to spend an afternoon. Still, it’s a necessary evil of adult life.

The DMV is a place for rules, one of the most common ones is that you are not allowed to smile in your picture for your driver’s license. In Cleveland, the DMV there has decided to make a small alteration to their camera setup to ensure that citizens follow this rule.

Specifically, they taped a photo of LeBron James in a Los Angeles Lakers jersey to the camera that takes the driver’s license photos.

Via Twitter:

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

ESPN

@espn
You're not supposed to smile in your driver's license photo ... so one Cleveland DMV attached this to the camera.

10:27 AM - Jul 22, 2018
1,963 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
At least for this year, putting a photo of LeBron on a camera at the DMV in the Cleveland should keep straight faces on people getting their photo taken. However, seeing as the Cavaliers probably won’t be very good moving forward, it might be just as easy to tape a photo of the team logo up there.

It appears that everyone is upset about Lebron leaving for the LA.

Being in Cleveland would make anyone not smile I imagine.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
What difference does it make whether you smile or not in your driver's license photo? It ain't a mugshot.

the guy at the dmv asked me to smile when i got my picture taken lol
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if it’s been posted yet, but here’s the guy from BBall Breakdown doing Lebron in the Lakers. Pretty fun video, but sad when he superimposes Lebron’s head onto Randles. Sigh...

https://youtu.be/FDhAs_WuTg8
HeroBall
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
trablos wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Judah wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:
Now somebody vandalized the OTHER Lebron mural SMH....

https://twitter.com/yahoosportsnba/status/1020746793309605895?s=21

Kobe fan bois are just so stupid

How are you so sure it's a Kobe fan? Maybe its just a Lakers hater/fan of another team who did this. A lot of other teams are pissed that we got Lebron, and to be honest, have always hated us beforehand anyway. I'm sure they would be thrilled that other Lakers fans are getting the blame for something they did.

Yeah, I'm sure it was a Grizzlies fan.

Kings, Blazers, Clippers, Spurs, Celtics, etc. We're hated by many teams, and many of their fans live in L.A.

Only Lebron was defaced. No Laker statue or any other Lakers art has been vandalized.

Pretty obvious who we are dealing with here.

Lebron haters?

Aka Kobe Stan’s who are worried Lebron is going to come here, win a title or two and possibly retire as the GOAT in a Lakers uniform all while Kobe is still around.

slow down there buddy..let the bolded part happen first then we'll talk about LeBron's place in laker history let alone the GOAT conversation.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Classic.

Rookie LeBron James Full Summer League Highlights
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

HeroBall wrote:
george w kush wrote:
trablos wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Judah wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:

How are you so sure it's a Kobe fan? Maybe its just a Lakers hater/fan of another team who did this. A lot of other teams are pissed that we got Lebron, and to be honest, have always hated us beforehand anyway. I'm sure they would be thrilled that other Lakers fans are getting the blame for something they did.

Kings, Blazers, Clippers, Spurs, Celtics, etc. We're hated by many teams, and many of their fans live in L.A.

Only Lebron was defaced. No Laker statue or any other Lakers art has been vandalized.

Lebron haters?

Aka Kobe Stan’s who are worried Lebron is going to come here, win a title or two and possibly retire as the GOAT in a Lakers uniform all while Kobe is still around.

slow down there buddy..let the bolded part happen first then we'll talk about LeBron's place in laker history let alone the GOAT conversation.

He wasn't making a prediction....
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Judah wrote:

the guy at the dmv asked me to smile when i got my picture taken lol

of course we're in Cali!
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject:

HeroBall wrote:
george w kush wrote:
trablos wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Judah wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Johnny Cage wrote:

Lebron haters?

Don't you just like it when you can have 2 Hero Balls...SMH
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject:

Maybe the mural defacer is someone who has a problem with the dude (business or personal) who paid for it?

Could it be a gang thing, "no Lebron on MY turf!"

Lakers becoming great again, I can't see any true Laker fan hating that..

Kareem former Buck
Fox former Celtic
Horry former Spur, Sun
Kobe former Charlotte... (yeah yeah I know)
Gasol former Grizzlie
Shaq former Magic

What does it matter LeBron has won titles other places? He wanted to be here, and he still has gas in the tank.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Classic.

Was dominating already as a rookie. Awesome footage!
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Maybe the mural defacer is someone who has a problem with the dude (business or personal) who paid for it?

Kareem former Buck
Fox former Celtic
Horry former Spur, Sun
Gasol former Grizzlie
Shaq former Magic

What does it matter LeBron has won titles other places? He wanted to be here, and he still has gas in the tank.

Theres no proof that Kobe fans vandalized the mural but I think it would be fairly naive to assume otherwise. There’s a portion of the fan base that likes Kobe more than they like the Lakers. They see Lebrons presence as a threat to Kobe’s legacy. I’m excited to watch LeBron pass Kobe as an all time great. Not because I’m a LeBron stan or Kobe hater, but because it would mean he’s brought rings to LA. I hated LeBron for years and he became one of my favorite players the second he signed. I think that goes for a lot of the fan base too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Classic.

Was dominating already as a rookie. Awesome footage!

that was back when they had the Reebok Pro Summer League in Boston...he actually debuted in the Orlando Summer League a week earlier, and if I recall, that was the only time games in the Orlando Summer League were played at the (old) Orlando Arena and the public was able to attend...and I think it was only his games.....the other games still took place @ RDV Center and were not open to the public. Again, if I recall correctly....originally only the lower bowl was going to be open, but general admission tickets that cost $5 sold out and were being scalped at $100+ a piece, and I think in the end, they opened the upper bowl.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Kareem former Buck
Fox former Celtic
Horry former Spur, Sun
Gasol former Grizzlie
Shaq former Magic

Theres no proof that Kobe fans vandalized the mural but I think it would be fairly naive to assume otherwise. There’s a portion of the fan base that likes Kobe more than they like the Lakers. They see Lebrons presence as a threat to Kobe’s legacy. I’m excited to watch LeBron pass Kobe as an all time great. Not because I’m a LeBron stan or Kobe hater, but because it would mean he’s brought rings to LA. I hated LeBron for years and he became one of my favorite players the second he signed. I think that goes for a lot of the fan base too.

I think it is just d-bags doing it to create attention.....the same type of a$$holes that destroy public property for no other reason than to be a nuisance.....the idiots that think it is funny to remove Stop signs.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Kareem former Buck
Fox former Celtic
Horry former Spur, Sun
Gasol former Grizzlie
Shaq former Magic

I think it is just d-bags doing it to create attention.....the same type of a$$holes that destroy public property for no other reason than to be a nuisance.....the idiots that think it is funny to remove Stop signs.

I don’t disagree with that. I think it’s Kobe fans that fall under that category. There’s other Lakers propaganda around LA that could’ve been vandalized, the fact it was the LeBron murals says something IMO.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Kareem former Buck
Fox former Celtic
Horry former Spur, Sun
Gasol former Grizzlie
Shaq former Magic

I don’t disagree with that. I think it’s Kobe fans that fall under that category. There’s other Lakers propaganda around LA that could’ve been vandalized, the fact it was the LeBron murals says something IMO.

I do not understand why someone would put so much effort in the art....know there is a chance someone will mess with it.....and not mount a couple cheap IP cameras to dissuade the vandalism or at least catch them.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Kareem former Buck
Fox former Celtic
Horry former Spur, Sun
Gasol former Grizzlie
Shaq former Magic

I do not understand why someone would put so much effort in the art....know there is a chance someone will mess with it.....and not mount a couple cheap IP cameras to dissuade the vandalism or at least catch them.

They caught the second vandalization of the first mural on camera. Couldn’t really distinguish who it was though.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Kareem former Buck
Fox former Celtic
Horry former Spur, Sun
Gasol former Grizzlie
Shaq former Magic

They caught the second vandalization of the first mural on camera. Couldn’t really distinguish who it was though.

time for LG to take rotating shifts
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Kareem former Buck
Fox former Celtic
Horry former Spur, Sun
Gasol former Grizzlie
Shaq former Magic

I don't disagree that whoever did it may have used the delusional Kobe/James argument as his "reason" for doing it when he was sitting around with his buddies and getting high enough to find the courage to do it.

I do disagree that it matters though. As it was pointed out, whoever did it very likely has " reasons" for tagging, busting out car windows or vandalizing an empty house too.

It has more to do with the asinine destructive behavior to build his self worth or street rep then the actual fandom of Kobe. This was just this week's convenient excuse.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

Here’s what Cowherd said about the mural vandalization, spot on:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Classic.

Geez.
Physically imposing at age 18.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:

Of course you agree with this drivel.

LeBron defenders always in constant need of validation.

Last edited by Batguano on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Classic.

Geez.

You don’t find many 18 year olds with freak athletic ability.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Classic.

Geez.

Boozer wasn't bad for a second rounder either.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
george w kush wrote:

Of course you agree with this drivel.

LeBron defenders always in constant need of validation.

You're obviously the type that enjoys thoughtful dialogue.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 731, 732, 733 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 732 of 2086
Jump to: