The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:
I don't think LeBron's decision to stay or leave Cleveland was ever going to come down to what players were around him there. This changes nothing.

Lebron has no idea at this point what he will do after the season.

Yet you pretend u know more about his decision then LeBron does

I'm hungry. I wish VLF would hurry up and tell me what snack I'm gonna grab from the kitchen. I have no idea at this point what I'm gonna fix.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:
I don't think LeBron's decision to stay or leave Cleveland was ever going to come down to what players were around him there. This changes nothing.

Yet you pretend u know more about his decision then he, himself does

Don't bash him man. He has to post somewhere after getting owned left and right in the tampering thread. I mean what else is he gonna do with his life right?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

^Enough guys. Stick to the topic, not VLF. Thanks.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:

I'm hungry. I wish VLF would hurry up and tell me what snack I'm gonna grab from the kitchen. I have no idea at this point what I'm gonna fix.

You guys should get out more, read a little, listen to some podcasts. Lebron's own people, and several national writers, say he doesn't think about next season until around the last month of the current season. Or you can remain uninformed.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^Enough guys. Stick to the topic, not VLF. Thanks.

lol seriously LS, i was just thinking where is LS these days.

damm, long live LS
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Luke's familiarity with the Warriors system has something to do with Lebron's (supposed) interest in the team. He might have noticed the, as Steve Kerr referred to it, "annual beat down at Staples by the Lakers" (although i bet there's some offcourt factors in play here). Kinda like Gruden-coached Bucs playing the Raiders in the Superbowl.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:

You guys should get out more, read a little, listen to some podcasts. Lebron's own people, and several national writers, say he doesn't think about next season until around the last month of the current season. Or you can remain uninformed.

So the rumored discussion between Wade, Lebron and Bosh during the Olympics to join forces was just that--a rumor? It just so happened that when Lebron looked up and noticed his contract was up that his superstar buddies were also free agents. You cannot possibly be of the position that a player and his agents are always 100% honest in how they think and feel.

You probably think when Magic joined the Lakers as a "consultant," he had no idea he'd ever be in the position he was in today.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm 50/50 on the Kyrie move to Boston.

Mad that Boston is getting a certified Killer in Kyrie Irving.
Happy thinking that it might increase our chances to land Lebron.

Lakers/Celtics rivalry possibly renewed with these two ex champion teammates going head to head.

Also very happy Kyrie didn't end up on the Clippers.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Nice move by Boston, Kyrie is worth twice or three times what are sending back.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:

And bill Clinton said he never had sex with Monica Lewinsky,,,,
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

I think if we win 40 games this season, regardless if we make the 8th seed or not, we will sign Lebron and Pg. a 40 game team with Lebron and PG added translate to 60wins
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject:

I think Lebron will be gone regardless.
Cavs are over the salary cap and are hindered severely by whom they are able to sign. If IT4 gets his max money in Cleveland, they won't be able to get anyone else. Lebron is probably looking around the league at teams which give him a 5 year window to still have a chance to challenge the Warriors for a championship.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Nice move by Boston, Kyrie is worth twice or three times what are sending back.

Kyrie is scary at only 25 but I feel like the Cavs got a good haul back and I would of agreed to the same deal especially after Kyrie requested a trade. The Cavs also save over 20m in the lux tax.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if the Cavs will try to flip that pick for some talented guy that improves the team now. That may be their last title shot for many years.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron James @KingJames

That's the only way to be to the kid! Special talent/guy! Nothing but respect and what a ride it was our 3 years together Young Gode #Filayy

Personally, I wouldn't like being referred to as a kid at age 25.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject:

I don't know. I think Boston screwed it up.

I'm a Kyrie guy, don't get me wrong. Big Uncle Drew fan here.

But for the Cavs' scheme, Kyrie = IT in almost everything. They're gonna get from Thomas essencially the same things they got from Kyrie, but they also added a valuable perimeter defender, on Crowder, and two very valuable assets on the talented Ante Zizic and Brooklyn's pick. They could very well swap these 2 for another All-Star, or use it to build their future if LeBron leaves.

Crowder not only can help defending Durant, but he was also the Celtic's man to guard LeBron. Who's gonna do that now?

The Celtics, on the other hand, are getting back a player who will have basically the same production as IT, only 4 years younger. They have to really believe Kyrie can grow a lot beyond what he is now, and I just don't believe it can happen.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James @KingJames

That's the only way to be to the kid! Special talent/guy! Nothing but respect and what a ride it was our 3 years together Young Gode #Filayy

I don't mind it
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James @KingJames

if Kyrie can lead the Celtics past the Cavs in the ECF, LeBron won't be calling him "kid" anymore

TBH I honestly wouldn't want the Cavs to make the ECF.. I want a Wizards vs Celtics matchup, John Wall vs Kyrie Irving for a trip to the Finals. Yeah, I want to see THAT.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
I don't know. I think Boston screwed it up.

I'm a Kyrie guy, don't get me wrong. Big Uncle Drew fan here.

But for the Cavs' scheme, Kyrie = IT in almost everything. They're gonna get from Thomas essencially the same things they got from Kyrie, but they also added a valuable perimeter defender, on Crowder, and two very valuable assets on the talented Ante Zizic and Brooklyn's pick. They could very well swap these 2 for another All-Star, or use it to build their future if LeBron leaves.

Crowder not only can help defending Durant, but he was also the Celtic's man to guard LeBron. Who's gonna do that now?

The Celtics, on the other hand, are getting back a player who will have basically the same production as IT, only 4 years younger. They have to really believe Kyrie can grow a lot beyond what he is now, and I just don't believe it can happen.

IMO Cavs got the best of the deal. The potential #1 draft pick tips the scales for me. As you state, they can trade the pick or potentially draft Lebron's replacement next year in Porter. Which makes more sense to me.

Cavs actually have some depth so Lebron can reduce his mpg over the course of the season. Boston added a great player in Irving but going to be interesting to see if they use teir assets to make another win now trade to make it even better.

Good trade for both but overall the Cavs got better in the short term. Will be interesting to see if it makes any difference in re-signing him. Competitive team in the weaker East and can still play the mentor role during his Farewell tour in Cleveland.

Opening night is going to be interesting as hell!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject:

I still don't think LeBron will be looking at the weak Lakers IF
he bolts the Cav's.

He's looking to add rings, he could find those with a better team
for sure. If anything, he could be using the Lakers as a smoke
screen. What we may get, is yet another tampering investigation, lol.

We'll see when the time comes, but, I don't see it at all...
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
I still don't think LeBron will be looking at the weak Lakers IF
he bolts the Cav's.

He's looking to add rings, he could find those with a better team
for sure. If anything, he could be using the Lakers as a smoke
screen. What we may get, is yet another tampering investigation, lol.

We'll see when the time comes, but, I don't see it at all...

Another investigation has crossed my mind too.

Makes you wonder if there was any truth at all to the "insider" from last month that continually outlined the meetings and business aspects of the movie deal being the deciding factor for landing James. Or the mtgs between James' reps and Jeanie.

Creates a "if smoke then fire" mentality if nothing else. Thought it was clever BS at the time. Still hope it was. But the "done deal" aspects of his commentary now looks a bit differently with a tampering investigation being conducted.

Have to wonder of how far the ripple effects spread out if the Lakers FO went down this road. Going to be interesting to see what the investigation reveals.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject:

Oh, I have no doubt if the Lakers get LBJ/PG13 teams will file tampering charges too next year.

The Small Market Mafia controls the NBA in 2017. Their interests dwarf the larger market teams (LA, NY, etc.) even though the large market teams literally cut a check to pay the small market ones each year.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Oh, I have no doubt if the Lakers get LBJ/PG13 teams will file tampering charges too next year.

The Small Market Mafia controls the NBA in 2017. Their interests dwarf the larger market teams (LA, NY, etc.) even though the large market teams literally cut a check to pay the small market ones each year.

Right, and the big markets should get in Silver's ear and make it known this isn't a charity. At the end of the day, these small markets aren't losers because they are at a disadvantage to compete like the old days, they don't win because those organizations are run by clowns. If their revenue sharing cut is threatened, watch them go back into their little hole and stfu.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Right, and the big markets should get in Silver's ear and make it known this isn't a charity. At the end of the day, these small markets aren't losers because they are at a disadvantage to compete like the old days, they don't win because those organizations are run by clowns.

It won't matter. Each small market team gets the same voting powers. The CBA enshrines their rights to collect paychecks from the big market teams. The NBA has prospered in the past 3-4 years with teams like the Lakers/Knicks being jokes.

There will always be more votes from small market teams over the large market ones. And Silver is beholden to them if they call for him to do something. The Small Market Mafia is carving its collective knives in anticipation of 2018 FA, one where the Lakers plan to be active. Every action by Magic will now be under intense scrutiny. That was the first shot fired with the PG13 tampering investigation.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Right, and the big markets should get in Silver's ear and make it known this isn't a charity. At the end of the day, these small markets aren't losers because they are at a disadvantage to compete like the old days, they don't win because those organizations are run by clowns.

It won't matter. Each small market team gets the same voting powers. The CBA enshrines their rights to collect paychecks from the big market teams. The NBA has prospered in the past 3-4 years with teams like the Lakers/Knicks being jokes.

There will always be more votes from small market teams over the large market ones. And Silver is beholden to them if they call for him to do something. The Small Market Mafia is carving its collective knives in anticipation of 2018 FA, one where the Lakers plan to be active. Every action by Magic will now be under intense scrutiny. That was the first shot fired with the PG13 tampering investigation.

I think it ebbs and flows tbh. Soon TV execs and people with interests will complain about needing the big markets to be good again, etc. The small market mafia will conform if they need to because their main objective is $ in their pockets. Right now, they are trying to take as much as they can and no one can blame them but there will be a tipping point soon imo. If I am a big company, it would be ridiculous for me to a) share the $ I have generated with a lesser performing partner and then b) have them try and cut my legs basically. That's major BS and if I'm the lakers and this is cleared I'm going hard after Indiana to put them back in their place.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next
Page 76 of 2085
Jump to: