The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 767, 768, 769 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

FYI:
LeBron James' new HBO series 'The Shop' will debut in August

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/lebron-james-new-hbo-show-the-shop-debut-in-august/1tlflnfa67mcx14fhsopw7cgim
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
diando wrote:
Green is a better defender than LeBron period. In a match up with Golden State at this point in his career, he'd be the second worst but least effective defender on the court. Curry at least puts in the effort and gets steals.

This post is ridiculous and reeks of bias LOL

Lebron is still a good defender and people will see it this season now that he does not have to do everything. He just had to carry the entire Cleveland team, so obviously he did not have as much energy for defense. Plus his teammates were terrible on defense and it is hard for one player to erase that, especially if that player is literally their entire offense. Lebron can still lock down. The whole Lebron can't defend narrative is BS and will be destroyed this season. Lebron is still an athletic freak with great size, a high bball IQ, and great instincts.

You're the one that is looking ridiculous. LeBron hasn't played defense in a while. Will he play better this year? Remains to be seen but everyone criticizing him for not playing D is just being factual. You're the one talking hypotheticals.
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
secund2nun wrote:
diando wrote:
Green is a better defender than LeBron period. In a match up with Golden State at this point in his career, he'd be the second worst but least effective defender on the court. Curry at least puts in the effort and gets steals.

Lebron is still a good defender and people will see it this season now that he does not have to do everything. He just had to carry the entire Cleveland team, so obviously he did not have as much energy for defense. Plus his teammates were terrible on defense and it is hard for one player to erase that, especially if that player is literally their entire offense. Lebron can still lock down. The whole Lebron can't defend narrative is BS and will be destroyed this season. Lebron is still an athletic freak with great size, a high bball IQ, and great instincts.

You're the one that is looking ridiculous. LeBron hasn't played defense in a while. Will he play better this year? Remains to be seen but everyone criticizing him for not playing D is just being factual. You're the one talking hypotheticals.

Hyperbole much?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
diando wrote:

Just read all of his takes about LeBron through the lens of his sig and you'll always understand the primary influence of his viewpoints.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers hope to play LeBron James 33.5 MPG next season, want to reduce his workload, per @TheAthletic.

https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/status/1028752387484217344?s=21
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Lakers hope to play LeBron James 33.5 MPG next season, want to reduce his workload, per @TheAthletic.

That would be great.
Less than what Lonzo and BI averaged last year.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

That would be great.

I can see 36 in tough important games, and 30 in blow outs, 33 per is about right....
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

That would be great.

I can see 36 in tough important games, and 30 in blow outs, 33 per is about right....

He played 18 games at over 40 mins.
And 30 games over 39 mins.
Hopefully those types of games are few and far between.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I doubt LBJ will play less than 34 MPG. But it's a good goal to have.
Games against GS, OKC, HOU, SAS I expect he'll play more.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

The whole nation will be watching the Lakers this year.
The time to develop the young core is finished. Either they can
play or cannot.
One of them has to develop as a star, or be traded for a star.

It is a experiment of diverse parts. A coach with minimal experience.
The best player in the world. A young core will potential but yet to play to the level. And veterans who have been there before.

There will be sellouts, for whatever happens it will be one of the crossroads seasons in Lakers history.
Hope Deng takes a settlement and stop being a roadblock or at least learn to contribute by taking a role.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LeBron James Guarantees Lakers Will Improve From 2017-18 NBA Season Because Of ‘Championship Habits’

Quote:
“What my expectations are for the team, we don’t have any right now. But we definitely are going to be better than we were the previous year. You guys know me. When it comes to championship habits, that doesn’t mean you’re bringing a championship. That means you practice excellence every day. I expect that from not only myself but from my teammates.”

https://www.lakersnation.com/lebron-james-guarantees-lakers-improve-win-total-2017-18-nba-season-because-championship-habits/2018/08/12/
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

TLN always recycles old news and headlines it like it just came out a day or two ago.
kball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LeBron James Guarantees Lakers Will Improve From 2017-18 NBA Season Because Of ‘Championship Habits’

Quote:
“What my expectations are for the team, we don’t have any right now. But we definitely are going to be better than we were the previous year. You guys know me. When it comes to championship habits, that doesn’t mean you’re bringing a championship. That means you practice excellence every day. I expect that from not only myself but from my teammates.”

https://www.lakersnation.com/lebron-james-guarantees-lakers-improve-win-total-2017-18-nba-season-because-championship-habits/2018/08/12/

Not quite Pat Riley guaranteeing a championship.

(Some kids here may have to google that)
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Why the specific number 33.5?

Why not 32 or 34?

Splain it to me
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

34MPG should be a good goal.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Why the specific number 33.5?

Why not 32 or 34?

Splain it to me

maybe the coaches practiced.....Madsen notifies Luke @ 33 minutes....takes 7 seconds for Luke to choose a replacement....and an average of 23 seconds for the next dead ball?
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

The way I see it, there are three major components to consider when evaluating an individual's defense:

- Physical ability
- Skill (defensive IQ)
- Effort

Lebron is great at the first two, but he's been sub par in the third category for awhile now. Hopefully it picks up for us with the minute restrictions and a renewed focus on a new team.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
The way I see it, there are three major components to consider when evaluating an individual's defense:

- Physical ability
- Skill (defensive IQ)
- Effort

Lebron is great at the first two, but he's been sub par in the third category for awhile now. Hopefully it picks up for us with the minute restrictions and a renewed focus on a new team.

My concern is that he's been this way in the NBA Finals the past 3 years (but to his credit he turned it around in games 5-7 in 2016).
I feel the lack of the third thing there is absolutely cancerous to a team if you're the leader. Besides a host of other reasons, that is why I did not want him here next to the young core and why I campaigned all last season for the Lakers not to sign him. I just don't believe the defensive switch is there anymore, he's turning 34 in December. The lack of effort to me is affecting the "IQ", just because he's out of position more often than not. You can have all the defensive knowledge in your head, but if your body gets used to your new (lackluster) habits, hence you don't go out there and execute good defense, then that knowledge is useless.
I'll be skeptical of this signing until I see otherwise on the court. I really don't know how people expect you just to say Kumbaya after you spent a year of preaching don't sign LeBron. Things take time folks, and ultimately, time will be the judge. Moreover, I don't feel that time is on Lebron's side here either.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
secund2nun wrote:
diando wrote:

This just isn’t true.

Quote:
He slacked on defense this past year only and was still probably their best defender. It’s absurd that this guy has had to be the offensive engine for every team he’s played on since coming into the league AND be the best defender in most of them. No it sure if he csn be this good on defense again.

2016 LeBron. He should have been a defensive player of the year candidate while leading his team’s defense for at least 8-9 years in row, but wasn’t even considered.

ISO defense

LeBron: .59 points per possession (PPP), 93rd percentile
Draymond: .68, 85th percentile
Kawhi: .69 PPP, 83rd percentile

Pick and roll ball handler

Kawhi: .65 PPP, 90th percentile
LeBron: .66 PPP, 88th percentile
Draymond: .88, 71st percentile

Pick and roll roll man

Kawhi: .50 PPP, 98th percentile
LeBron: .70 PPP, 84th percentile
Draymond: .77 PPP, 75th percentile

Post defense

Draymond: .65 PPP, 89th percentile
LeBron: .77 PPP, 73rd percentile
Kawhi: .77 PPP, 71st percentile (numbers are rounded so James might have been at .772 and Kawhi at .768 or something)

Spot up defense

LeBron: .80 PPP, 87th percentile
Kawhi: .88 PPP, 75th percentile
Draymond: .91 PPP, 66th percentile

Off screens defense

Draymond: .45 PPP, 98th percentile
LeBron: .74PPP, 85th percentile
Kawhi: 1.05 PPP, 31st percentile

Hand offs defense

LeBron: .49 97th percentile
Kawhi: .72 PPP, 78th percentile
Draymond: .91 PPP, 43rd percentile

No data available for transition defense, defense on cuts, and defense on offensive rebound out backs. In his thirteenth season playing on a team that's otherwise not that good defensively, James quietly out together a great, great defensive season because he had to since his team really had maybe three other plus defenders. Unlike Kawhi and Draymond who were subpar in some categories, James was at worst in the 73rd percentile.

The argument, “well, LeBron didn’t match up against the opposition’s best scorers doesn’t really hold water because look at the overall FG% of Dray’s, Kawhi’s, and LeBron’s opposition.

Players Draymond defended: 45.5%
Players Kawhi defended: 44.8%
Players LeBron defunded: 44.7%

Draymond Green:

Overall: 39.4 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 45.5%, -6.1%
Threes: 29.4 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 34.6%, -5.1%
Twos: 42.9 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 49.2%, -6.3%
<6ft: 51.9 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 60.6%, -8.7%

Kawhi

Overall: 39.2 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 44.8%, -5.6%
Threes: 33.7 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 34.9, -1.2%
Twos: 41.7 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 48.8%, -7.2%
<6ft: 53.5 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 60.5%, -7.0%

LeBron:

Overall: 37.4 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 44.7%, -7.3%
Threes: 32.1 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 34.6%, -2.6%
Twos: 40.8 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 49.0%, -8.2%
<6ft: 48.6 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 59.9%, -11.3%

LeBron In the playoffs was ridiculous:

Overall: 31.9 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 45.9%, -14.0%
Threes: 24.1 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 36.7%, -12. 6%
Twos: 36.6 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 50.5%, -13.9%
<6ft: 37.9 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 61.3%, -23.5%

LeBron In the finals was utterly ridiculous:

Overall: 31.6 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 47.9%, -16.3%
Threes: 29.0 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 39.6%, -10.6%
Twos: 33.3 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 53.6%, -20.3%
<6ft: 38.5 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 63.6%, -25.1%

LeBron In the finals’ last three games was I don’t know what:

Overall: 19.4 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 47.4, -28.4%
Threes: 12.5 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 40.7%, -28.2%
Twos: 25 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 52.4%, -27.4%
[size=200]<6ft: 15.4 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 60.6%, -45.2[/size]

[size=150]The Warriors shot 2/13 AT THE RIM against LeBron during the final three games. Had James not stopped those shots (everyone knows the blocked shot on Iggy), Warriors win.

The guy not only led them in scoring and creating offense for others, he led their perimeter defense AND was one of the best rim protectors in the 2016 NBA playoffs.
[/size]

PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
secund2nun wrote:
diando wrote:

This just isn’t true.

Quote:
He slacked on defense this past year only and was still probably their best defender. It’s absurd that this guy has had to be the offensive engine for every team he’s played on since coming into the league AND be the best defender in most of them. No it sure if he csn be this good on defense again.

2016 LeBron. He should have been a defensive player of the year candidate while leading his team’s defense for at least 8-9 years in row, but wasn’t even considered.

ISO defense

Pick and roll roll man

Post defense

Kawhi: .77 PPP, 71st percentile (numbers are rounded so James might have been at .772 and Kawhi at .768 or something)

Spot up defense

Off screens defense

Hand offs defense

No data available for transition defense, defense on cuts, and defense on offensive rebound out backs. In his thirteenth season playing on a team that's otherwise not that good defensively, James quietly out together a great, great defensive season because he had to since his team really had maybe three other plus defenders. Unlike Kawhi and Draymond who were subpar in some categories, James was at worst in the 73rd percentile.

The argument, “well, LeBron didn’t match up against the opposition’s best scorers doesn’t really hold water because look at the overall FG% of Dray’s, Kawhi’s, and LeBron’s opposition.

Draymond Green:

Kawhi

LeBron:

[size=150]The Warriors shot 2/13 AT THE RIM against LeBron during the final three games. Had James not stopped those shots (everyone knows the blocked shot on Iggy), Warriors win.

The guy not only led them in scoring and creating offense for others, he led their perimeter defense AND was one of the best rim protectors in the 2016 NBA playoffs.
[/size]

Thank you for providing data from 2016.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

That would be great.

I'm definitely ok with this.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Car54 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
secund2nun wrote:
diando wrote:

This just isn’t true.

Quote:

ISO defense

Pick and roll roll man

Post defense

Spot up defense

Off screens defense

Hand offs defense

Draymond Green:

Kawhi

LeBron:

[/size]

What data did you provide for 2017?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

I’m not sure what “medicine” Lebron takes to keep himself in world class shape and stay the #1 player in the NBA, but I hope he continues it for the next 4 seasons. Not only do I want the Lakers to compete and win, but I also feel that the would struggle for the next 5-10 years to find the next GOAT. I’m not saying the rating would struggle, but they will be quick to anoint people who are not it. For example, the league went through Harold Minor, Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway, Vince Carter, T-Mac, & Kobe #8 until we got the #24 Black Mamba. Lebron took over in 2010. Durant and Curry flirted with being GOATs, but league might struggle for a bit before they find the next truly great player.

Side Note: Shaq should have been Jordan’s successor but being a big man penalized him in the eyes of the media and fans.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Not getting what's so funny...can either of you enlighten a moron such as myself. Our young legs will play D...LeBron can save himself for big games and the playoffs...and this way we aren't regretting the contract in year 3.

LBJ looks a lot lighter to me in his workout videos...like he's getting his body ready to run for 33.5 minutes per game. But again, I'm a moron so what do I know.

#BannersOverBillboards
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 767, 768, 769 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 768 of 2082
Jump to: