The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 769, 770, 771 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

SD2Hollyweird wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Reading comprehension is fundamental. Now we got a poster injecting himself on a discussion with emojis and random highlights with no clue what the gripe is about.

Yes, yes, it is - take your own advice. And it is a public forum, chief. FYI, hyperbole is as bad as trolling, or the same thing. Take your own advice. And emojis are fun

A play from 3 seasons ago is irrelevant to a discussion about LeBron the past 2 seasons. Those are the facts. No amount of highlights will fix that.

Keep up, big guy. I posted highlights FROM the last two seasons. That's the point, since you seem to be missing it. You two keep blathering he's played "no defense" for two years. Just ridiculous, hyperbolic, intellectually dishonest blather. I provided evidence. So, nuance your argument. Or keep trolling. I don't really care.

Then you picked the wrong post to quote. Should have quoted another post to make the point you're trying to make cause it's irrelevant for my exchange with IG.

I was--and did--quote the whole threaded discussion. It is to that which I was responding. Seems pretty clear to me *shrug*.

Oh it is clear what you quoted, I mean we can all see it right? Didn't need to quote the exchange between myself and IG though.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Anyone who is arrogant enough to deny that LeBron doesn’t play D is lying, without checking the numbers I’m gonna assuse that in the last 2 years but especially this year and the playoffs, he was probably playing close to 40-42MPG, don’t act like the guy is made out of steel, he was leading a bunch of bums in Clarkson/Thompson/Smith and had a disgruntled Rodney Hood on the team he had to carry the offensive load, the last 2 years he’s had to deal with a lot of issues with the Cavs, now he’s in a better cultural environment so playing defense will be a smoother transition, the Cavs the last 2 years were a clown fest but LeBron is that “GOOD” to lead them to the finals.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Anyone who is arrogant enough to deny that LeBron doesn’t play D is lying, without checking the numbers I’m gonna assuse that in the last 2 years but especially this year and the playoffs, he was probably playing close to 40-42MPG, don’t act like the guy is made out of steel, he was leading a bunch of bums in Clarkson/Thompson/Smith and had a disgruntled Rodney Hood on the team he had to catry the offensive load, the last 2 years he’s had to deal with a lot of issues with the Cavs, now he’s in a better cultural environment so playing defense will be a smoother transition.

I am sure even Michael Jordan in his prime had haters/doubters.

So this is not new.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lebron will be 34 this season, there is nothing wrong with admitting that time is catching up to him. We don’t need to rely on him anchoring the defense, hopefully we get that player next offseason.

Time has "NOT" caught up with BRON as of yet! When it does than you can admit it, until then it's

Last season was the year BRON would show chinks on the armor, and what happened? He had a brilliant career type season.... I hope for something similar....

Have you seen Lebron play defense the past 2 seasons? Yeah, neither have I. He can’t physically sustain it anymore. Not unlike Kobe at the same age.

You should have been more clear, that your thoughts on admitting time catching up to him was on the defensive end. Anyways against the tough opponents and in the playoffs I believe Bron will shine " most of the time"... Anyway, I am ecstatic we have him in PnG.... And still have a shot at another top level player to join him, and all the while get to watch our young guns grow up into stars in there own right...

I’m excited we have him too but we can’t deny he is getting older.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Note: This transpired after the Cavaliers lost Game 4 to Golden State in 2016, falling into that 3-1 hole.

Quote:
Late in the night, after James had gone home and stewed about the outcome of the game with his wife, he pulled out his phone and opened the Cavs’ group text and composed a message.

”No matter how we got to this point, we're here now, ” James wrote. ”We have to go to Golden State for Game 5 and we have to come home anyway. So why not come home and play a Game 6? Let it go, play hard, be focused, follow my lead, and I'll make sure you get home for a Game 6.”

Well, we all know how the rest of that series went. Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to the new leader of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Lebron played good defense in that series. Compared to this past Finals where the Warriors got layups when Lebron was guarding the rim.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
Note: This transpired after the Cavaliers lost Game 4 to Golden State in 2016, falling into that 3-1 hole.

Quote:
Late in the night, after James had gone home and stewed about the outcome of the game with his wife, he pulled out his phone and opened the Cavs’ group text and composed a message.

”No matter how we got to this point, we're here now, ” James wrote. ”We have to go to Golden State for Game 5 and we have to come home anyway. So why not come home and play a Game 6? Let it go, play hard, be focused, follow my lead, and I'll make sure you get home for a Game 6.”

Well, we all know how the rest of that series went. Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to the new leader of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Lebron played good defense in that series. Compared to this past Finals where the Warriors got layups when Lebron was guarding the rim.

Smart enough to dodge the fact that LeBron was playing with fatigue in the finals and still almost lead the Cavs to a upset in Game 1 and Game 3, you guys have such a satisfaction with arguements that you would deny facts even when there is evidence that LeBron was overused in the playoffs.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
epak wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Thank you for providing data from 2016.

Not getting what's so funny...can either of you enlighten a moron such as myself. Our young legs will play D...LeBron can save himself for big games and the playoffs...and this way we aren't regretting the contract in year 3.

LBJ looks a lot lighter to me in his workout videos...like he's getting his body ready to run for 33.5 minutes per game. But again, I'm a moron so what do I know.

I'll try.

From what I gather, the original poster gave stats from 2016. I thought PR's comment was funny since 2017's stats would have been more relevant considering Lebron's age/MP and I don't think he can just turn back the clock this year. I thought PR had good timing, tone and delivery which made me laugh.

Now, the original poster did justify his older stats by what I believe he was saying is that 2017 was an anomaly (but I ignored that cuz I still thought PR's post was funny). But taking the OP's entire post into context, your take doesn't really align with his. You seem to be saying that 2017 was NOT an anomaly and that the Lakers have defenders which will make it OK. So you and the OP aren't exactly on the same page either?

The 2016 was valid because the other poster made a claim that it's been a while since Lebron played defense. Which is false. I think we're all in agreement that he didn't play defense this season. I don't expect him to put of those,same defensive stats this 2018 season nor do I expect him be as bad as he was last season.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
epak wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Thank you for providing data from 2016.

Not getting what's so funny...can either of you enlighten a moron such as myself. Our young legs will play D...LeBron can save himself for big games and the playoffs...and this way we aren't regretting the contract in year 3.

LBJ looks a lot lighter to me in his workout videos...like he's getting his body ready to run for 33.5 minutes per game. But again, I'm a moron so what do I know.

I'll try.

From what I gather, the original poster gave stats from 2016. I thought PR's comment was funny since 2017's stats would have been more relevant considering Lebron's age/MP and I don't think he can just turn back the clock this year. I thought PR had good timing, tone and delivery which made me laugh.

Now, the original poster did justify his older stats by what I believe he was saying is that 2017 was an anomaly (but I ignored that cuz I still thought PR's post was funny). But taking the OP's entire post into context, your take doesn't really align with his. You seem to be saying that 2017 was NOT an anomaly and that the Lakers have defenders which will make it OK. So you and the OP aren't exactly on the same page either?

The 2016 was valid because the other poster made a claim that it's been a while since Lebron played defense. Which is false. I think we're all in agreement that he didn't play defense this season. I don't expect him to put of those,same defensive stats this 2018 season nor do I expect him be as bad as he was last season.

That is true, it is valid because "it's been a while" is subjective. We obviously disconnect here. It's still funny to me.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Kobe played solid D during his final seasons... Let me pull up some 2008-2010 highlights...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Kobe played solid D during his final seasons... Let me pull up some 2008-2010 highlights...

LeBron at his absolute best is better at defense then Kobe was, Kobe was a lot more engaged on D early in his career cause he wasn’t focused on scoring, but LeBron has done both of that at the same time.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

I'm glad you got it.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

LeBron at his absolute best is better at defense then Kobe was, Kobe was a lot more engaged on D early in his career cause he wasn’t focused on scoring, but LeBron has done both of that at the same time.

My post has absolutely nothing to do with Kobe vs LeBron.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Hell no. Remember that one regular season game where Kobe locked up AI? Kobe Regularly took on the other teams best wings and shut them down in key moments
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

I don't expect LeBron to play intense defense at all times during the regular season. He’ll do it in spurts during those games, but I'm okay with that. He can still be a vital plug on defense just because of his IQ and feel for the game. But I do think his effort will be better now that he’ll have a lot more help on both ends.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

You can play iso offense, but there’s no such thing as iso defense. Let’s keep defensive effort and individual metirics in context. The team has got to be relentless on defense to compete. The FO knows this and has stated it’s paramount relevance.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

Exactly. And damn near every other player in his mid 30’s.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
I don't expect LeBron to play intense defense at all times during the regular season. He’ll do it in spurts during those games, but I'm okay with that. He can still be a vital plug on defense just because of his IQ and feel for the game. But I do think his effort will be better now that he’ll have a lot more help on both ends.

Yeah. This is why having all those young legs around him will make a big difference.

But I could see him ramping up his defense at end of game situations but that's not sustainable for 35mpg.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

Lebron’s drunk on wine 🍷, rapping, and having a good time.

https://youtu.be/SEijdPW18LU
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

I think LeBron will do fine.
But sheesh. Blocks do but necessarily mean good defense.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Hell no. Remember that one regular season game where Kobe locked up AI? Kobe Regularly took on the other teams best wings and shut them down in key moments

He probably started watching after Dwight joined.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

In 22 playoff games last year, LBJ averaged:

34ppg/9apg/9rpg in 42 mpg.

Good lord.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

He probably started watching after Dwight joined.

I have been watching the Lakers for years, and I’m not denying that Kobe could have consistent locked down players on defense, but his D did decline in his later years, but was still effective.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Good lord.

That's impressive! Can't wait for this season to start.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Good lord.

And he is a Laker....Our team just brings in the greatest of the greatest all the time, no wonder they are my favorite sports team for decades now...

Can the season get started already...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 769, 770, 771 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 770 of 2082
Jump to: