The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 782, 783, 784 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
PERSONAL BACK AND FORTH EXCAHNGES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND SUSPENSIONS HAVE BEGUN. THERE IS PLENTY TO DISCUSS REGARDING LEBRON JAMES, BUT THE KOBE COMPARISONS TEND TO LEAD TO SUSPENSIONS, SO PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Thank you and keep it up for a few months, at least.

Man, I love Kobe, but he is retired and gone. We need another great player and Lebron came. I thank him for helping our team get better and am glad to have him. I don't find it much different than Wilt coming here years ago, or Kareem or Shaq.

The modern age of social media seems to give the complainers a larger medium to make their arguments, they bore me.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
PERSONAL BACK AND FORTH EXCAHNGES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND SUSPENSIONS HAVE BEGUN. THERE IS PLENTY TO DISCUSS REGARDING LEBRON JAMES, BUT THE KOBE COMPARISONS TEND TO LEAD TO SUSPENSIONS, SO PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Man, I love Kobe, but he is retired and gone. We need another great player and Lebron came. I thank him for helping our team get better and am glad to have him. I don't find it much different than Wilt coming here years ago, or Kareem or Shaq.

The modern age of social media seems to give the complainers a larger medium to make their arguments, they bore me.

What’s sad about the anti-LeBron sentiment is that all those guys you mentioned.. I.e. Wilt/Shaq/Kareem came while the Lakers were still pretty good, LeBron had the guts to come here while we were still in rebuild stage.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

The level of appreciation for the guy is saddening
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

Guys, please make some paper by cutting down the quote trees. Thank you.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Wino wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

One of the things I've decided this year is to not engage in any conversation that directly compares Lebron and Kobe because those always get derailed into insults and anger. So this may be the last time I use their names in the same post.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

Lebron or one of the kids need to post a team workout video so that we can talk about something else. These are the worst days of the NBA season for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

So many laughing emoji in a quote tree

So what’s the last score, Kobe and LeBron still chasing Magic who still trailing Kareem?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/jackfrank_jjf/status/1029986051266232320?s=21

This is one of the reasons why I'm glad Randle is gone, let alone getting Lebron in return. The IQ difference is astronomical.

Lonzo lived off those cuts in college, and made these same cuts last year but doesn't get the pass. That's an easy 4-6 points missed every game from this.

It wasn't an either/or situation. You could have had both. And yes, one of the greatest multifaceted player in the history of the game, and in conversations for the GOAT, isn't going to miss that pass. I don't see how that's a knock on Randle, who by nature is a PF, not a playmaker. Regardless of the excitement of other players' ceilings, Randle was our best player, and it would have been nice to add the best player in the game without losing our own best player. Randle dropped 34 and 16 boards on Lebron when we beat them.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

Still pretty hard to believe that this transaction only a year ago:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-trade-20170620-story.html#

essentially yielded Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart and Lebron James with another almost max slot

so much better direction for the Lakers now!
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
kikanga wrote:
There is a very real anti-LBJ sentiment in Lakerland. I don't understand it, but it's there.

I understand it. But I don't take it seriously when some people claim that it is a significant number of people.

I won't lie, I have a very close friend and two relatives ...that are among "those people". I don't get it. Reality is we never even faced Lebron in any series of significance. It's not like we signed Bibby during the early 2000's or Mchale after the clothesline. Bron has beat on us a bit but mostly just meaningless regular season games.

BTW, we traded for Nash who beat us in the playoffs (twice!) in Kobe's prime.
Where was all this angst when Nash came?!

It's the most absurd aversion ever. Maybe it's his style of play that rubs these people the wrong way. Any praise for efficiency or passing is viewed as a subliminal assault on you-know-who because there never was a rivalry.

I won't deny there was some form of a personal rivalry between them at least in regards to who was best for a while. From 2006-2011 There was an argument on who as the greater player. With many except the most analytical favoring Kobe. Lebron started to really turn the narrative in 2012 and it has tilted in his direction ever since.

None of the above should preclude Laker fans, true Laker fans from embracing LeBron. And even what I mentioned above was just a silly barbershop in between pick-up games debate.

In my eyes ignoring the stats: counting numbers, traditional, advanced metrics. etc. It was Kobe up to 2011. It's been Lebron's league ever since. To have both play for us is a true blessing.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
One of the things I've decided this year is to not engage in any conversation that directly compares Lebron and Kobe because those always get derailed into insults and anger. So this may be the last time I use their names in the same post.

That's probably a good idea. My impulse control is not legendary. I fully expect to get sucked back in. But not today.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Still pretty hard to believe that this transaction only a year ago:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-trade-20170620-story.html#

essentially yielded Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart and Lebron James with another almost max slot

so much better direction for the Lakers now!

Now this is what I'm talking about. Why waste time arguing about LeBron when we can just argue about D’Angelo Russell some more instead?!
lakersboi1993
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Huge Kobe fan used to think LeBron was overrated till about last year tbh but this year he was unstoppable didn't think he of all free agents would come here. Like kobe said The next star player gotta want to be here . Paul george said no Lebron said yes tell me alot about James put some respect on that man name! No interview no huge media decision just signed on the dotted line.....We BACK!!!!!
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Magic talks up Giannis, gets fined $20k by the NBA.

Daryl Morey talks up LeBron, crickets.

https://twitter.com/lakersnation/status/1030514599924121600?s=21
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

To be fair, the reason why the NBA is microscoped with Magic is because he has a loud mouth, maybe if he didn’t talk so much about other players the NBA would more often let him off the hook.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

To be fair, the reason why the NBA is microscoped with Magic is because he has a loud mouth, maybe if he didn’t talk so much about other players the NBA would more often let him off the hook.

Still a double standard imo and just because it’s the Lakers.

It’s supposed to be zero tolerance but it’s really that some execs whine when it’s the Lakers and Silver is left with no choice but to address it.

Maybe the Lakers should (bleep) and moan about Morey’s comments...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Still a double standard imo and just because it’s the Lakers.

It’s supposed to be zero tolerance but it’s really that some execs whine when it’s the Lakers and Silver is left with no choice but to address it.

Maybe the Lakers should (bleep) and moan about Morey’s comments...

Nah, if I recall during the Mitch era I don’t think he was fined cause he knew when to talk about players when it came to FAs, Magic even before becoming executive always had a tendency to talk about players even though they weren’t apart of the Lakers.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Freak is signing with us first chance he gets. No doubt about it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

No prob IG

I still think it’s trial by (bleep). Everyone was ok with Mitch so no complaints...but to your point the loud and vibrant Magic seems to trigger the complaints and Silver has to listen.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Freak is signing with us first chance he gets. No doubt about it.

I think the Knicks will also be in the running for his services and also Boston.. (if they don’t land Anthony Davis).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
No prob IG

I still think it’s trial by (bleep). Everyone was ok with Mitch so no complaints...but to your point the loud and vibrant Magic seems to trigger the complaints and Silver has to listen.

Magic just needs to stop talking, and I’m pretty sure the Lakers won’t be fined again.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

To IG’s point, the league FO only gave the Lakers a warning after Magic's comments on Kimmel last year (which didn't even become public knowledge until the George investigation). What Magic said about Giannis was harmless, but it was technically tampering and the league probably came down on the Lakers for that only because of the previous two offenses. Had neither of those happened, it seems plausible to believe that, at worst, there only would've been a private warning (ala the Kimmel comments). So to be fair, we're not certain that Thibs didn't get a private warning months ago, or that Morey didn't just receive one recently.

Also, to be fair, Magic easily could've been fined for what he said about CP3 during that live interview at SL last month. I was worried that he would be, but, thankfully, the league was gracious about it.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

NBA FO's are scared of Magic's impact, he's one guy who can relate to these players when others can't.

We have an advantage nobody has and I hope they're using it to the fullest.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
NBA FO's are scared of Magic's impact, he's one guy who can relate to these players when others can't.

We have an advantage nobody has and I hope they're using it to the fullest.

It’s funny that BOS and LAL have the two best recruiting FO’s for completely different reasons . Brad Stevens can blow you away w X-O’s and Maginka can relate to players

Nonetheless these two FO’s are the behemoths in Free Agency imo
Boston capped though
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 782, 783, 784 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 783 of 2086
Jump to: