The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 795, 796, 797 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

a lot of us, me too, are in this boat where we are about to see so much more bron (time wise). prepare to be disappointed. if you look past the muscles, the jumping ability, it's all pretty klunky stuff. anyone can string together highlights of individual jumpers that went in, but it doesn't show what is happening in the game. thats why your highlights are great, btw, you cut them in such a way to give an idea of the mood and energy of that moment.

everything lebron does is almost entirely dependant upon favorable officiating for him to look elite. All his drives start with an off arm pushuoff, very blatantly. And he often needs very favorable situations to get a clean look off...such as several illegal screens, or hopefully a kyrie type that is a legit threat giving him some space (please lord). but if we dont get those calls here (which is not to be expected for the lakers, ever), we are going to see a very different lebron.

I've done the watch the bron mixes. all the amazing stuff is mostly wide open, easy things. a wide open fast break dunk when youre up by 20. it's really good looking as a physical specimen, but after 5 it's like so what. I'll watch a rainman mix 100x over that. we're not getting any "beauty" with lebron, other than his physical beauty lol. all those stats he gets is like watching a fortune500 company doing everything it can with the accountants to meet the quarter's target.

Put your money where your mouth is. What's he going to average this coming year, based on your analysis that he only looks good b/c of favorable calls and he won't get favorable calls as a Laker?
22/6/5 or something?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
@KingJames & @BenSimmons25 ballin' out in NYC 🔥👀
(via @Cbrickley603)

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/1037768160974233602?s=17

Any footage of Simmons actually attempting a jumpshot?

Even D'Angelo Russell can't hook you up with that.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Quote:
By the end of last season, he forced his way into the starting lineup and put together the best season of his career, averaging 18.6 points, 9.1 rebounds and 3.1 assists in his final 49 games of the season. But it still wasn’t enough. Randle went into this summer as a restricted free agent and figured it was only a matter of time before solidifying a new deal with Los Angeles. But it never happened. In fact, the team informed him that his role would probably be diminished even more going into the next season with four-time MVP LeBron James joining the squad.
2 hours ago – via The Athletic

link: https://theathletic.com/497756/2018/09/05/julius-randle-just-getting-started-in-new-orleans-after-hard-learned-lessons/

So, yeah.. I dont think it had anything to do with Paul George.

Anyways.. about 3 and a half weeks until PRESEASON!!!!

I was running out of 2017-2018 season games to download lol

One of those things that may come back and bite us in the azz. It is very hypocritical of the Lakers and Luke Walton always preaching competition and earning your minutes, earning your keep. Regardless of how highly we regard Kuz, BI and ZO, the fact of the matter is that Randle was the best Laker in terms of NOW. You even hear it now. Supposedly all staring positions are opened except for Lebron. But somehow, we just know Randle's role will be diminished? How the heck do you know the future? If everything is up for grabs, how do you know Randle's role will be diminished? As much as you tried to stop him last year with this going to the bench crap, you couldn't keep him down. He forced his way into the starting line up and proved to be your best player.

Then you turn around and say.. that's not what we're looking for, and your role is going to be diminished. Lets give this career locker room enigma Rajon Rondo your money.

I wouldn't have given up Randle for PG13, let alone Rajon Rondo. This is the only thing that pissed me off this summer.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:31 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
I’m sick of these certain people saying if he would of chose to win he would be in Philly.

Like they are seriously underestimating what we got going on in LA.

Magic and Rob are cooking something special out here.

Meanwhile Philly doesn't have a GM... yawn

and Simmons was like -90 on the floor against Boston and Embiid is too inefficient for a big imo

For real I watched every game in the PHI-BOS series and Embiid is incredibly overrated. Really dumb turnovers, IQ is rock bottom. He's getting by on raw talent/athleticism. He's another knee injury away from losing that burst and then he's done. Doesn't strike me as a winning player whatsoever either in attitude or BB-IQ. Horford ate him up.

Meanwhile LeBron looks terrifying. It still really hasn't sank in yet that he plays for us. I actually laughed when I saw that 2K trailer. It's like "What's LeBron doing in our jersey?" It's only gonna sink in when he scores his first points for us.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
levon wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
I’m sick of these certain people saying if he would of chose to win he would be in Philly.

and Simmons was like -90 on the floor against Boston and Embiid is too inefficient for a big imo

For real I watched every game in the PHI-BOS series and Embiid is incredibly overrated. Really dumb turnovers, IQ is rock bottom. He's getting by on raw talent/athleticism. He's another knee injury away from losing that burst and then he's done. Doesn't strike me as a winning player whatsoever either in attitude or BB-IQ. Horford ate him up.

Meanwhile LeBron looks terrifying. It still really hasn't sank in yet that he plays for us. I actually laughed when I saw that 2K trailer. It's like "What's LeBron doing in our jersey?" It's only gonna sink in when he scores his first points for us.

The consistent disparaging of obvious talents is a very bad look people. Simmons is 22, Embiid is 24, either would be individually considered by the majority of the nba, franchise players and they just happen to be on the same team, that is significant.

A normal conclusion drawn then is that he would be closer to winning in Philly.
I haven't factored in fit, which is a different conversation all together.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
El Seano wrote:
levon wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

The consistent disparaging of obvious talents is a very bad look people. Simmons is 22, Embiid is 24, either would be individually considered by the majority of the nba, franchise players and they just happen to be on the same team, that is significant.

Simmons is a future superstar, no denying that whatsoever.

I really don't think it's a crazy opinion to cast doubt on Embiid. In 3 seasons he's played 94 games. Do you want your star max money centre being under a minutes restriction and unable to play B2B?

His stats are gaudy but do you want your 7 footer shooting 3.5 3's a game at 30%?

He shot 48% from the field last year (30th amongst all qualifying centres) and was 22nd amongst all centres in TS%. He was 29th amongst all centres in EFG% He led all centres in turnovers by a big margin despite only playing 62 games. He was outside the top 10 in WS amongst centres.

I'll be the first to tell you I don't like Embiid. He's brash, cocky and he doesn't back it up. He could come out next year and prove me wrong and I'd happily accept it but for me right now he's very overrated and DEFINITELY not somebody I would build a franchise around since you can't rely on him to be on the court and whilst he's there he's inefficient as hell for a big. So therefore by definition he isn't a "franchise player".

I'm on record as (bleep) hating the 76ers but I'm mature enough to accept ability when I see it. I hated Paul Pierce but he was a great player. I can see talent and upside and most importantly efficiency when I look at Ben Simmons. When I look at Embiid frankly I see nothing to support his current accolades (2nd All Defensive, 2nd All NBA, the latter of which is laughable.

He's a character for the league and his outspoken nature gets him more attention than he deserves. If you watch him play, especially in that BOS series or you dig into his stats even a little bit you get a way clearer picture of him as a player and IMO it's not positive.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/cassyathena/status/1037822817784528898?s=21

His hops are still 💯 higher than most 25 year olds in the league.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

His deltoids are nice.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

a lot of us, me too, are in this boat where we are about to see so much more bron (time wise). prepare to be disappointed. if you look past the muscles, the jumping ability, it's all pretty klunky stuff. anyone can string together highlights of individual jumpers that went in, but it doesn't show what is happening in the game. thats why your highlights are great, btw, you cut them in such a way to give an idea of the mood and energy of that moment.

everything lebron does is almost entirely dependant upon favorable officiating for him to look elite. All his drives start with an off arm pushuoff, very blatantly. And he often needs very favorable situations to get a clean look off...such as several illegal screens, or hopefully a kyrie type that is a legit threat giving him some space (please lord). but if we dont get those calls here (which is not to be expected for the lakers, ever), we are going to see a very different lebron.

I've done the watch the bron mixes. all the amazing stuff is mostly wide open, easy things. a wide open fast break dunk when youre up by 20. it's really good looking as a physical specimen, but after 5 it's like so what. I'll watch a rainman mix 100x over that. we're not getting any "beauty" with lebron, other than his physical beauty lol. all those stats he gets is like watching a fortune500 company doing everything it can with the accountants to meet the quarter's target.

Put your money where your mouth is. What's he going to average this coming year, based on your analysis that he only looks good b/c of favorable calls and he won't get favorable calls as a Laker?
22/6/5 or something?

yes, IF we dont get the calls, his ppg should go below 25. I don't think the calls will disappear, however. His ppg may still go down as he is talking about playing post more etc. He is already talking about a less of a pg role now, which should make his ppg go down. The other weird thing is this is the first time in 8 years he's not playing with a top5 player. That should make his ppg go down also, unless he turns into a black hole. the other stuff, rebounds, even assists, can stay high i'm guessing. he's in charge. he is going to dictate what stats he gets. I'd imagine he wants those easy rebounds minimum, he should let rondo get most of the assists or ball (what else would he be good for?). He should sacrifice some ppg to ingram.

I can see him getting less stats "for the sake of the team's growth" on this current squad.

back to the original point, i am VERY curious how the calls will go. Will he get the same treatment as he did in Cle? I think he'll get enough, but maybe not as much as Cle. I don't think he will all of a sudden get nothing, like Mihm.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
tox wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

22/6/5 or something?

yes, IF we dont get the calls, his ppg should go below 25. I don't think the calls will disappear, however. His ppg may still go down as he is talking about playing post more etc. He is already talking about a less of a pg role now, which should make his ppg go down. The other weird thing is this is the first time in 8 years he's not playing with a top5 player. That should make his ppg go down also, unless he turns into a black hole. the other stuff, rebounds, even assists, can stay high i'm guessing. he's in charge. he is going to dictate what stats he gets. I'd imagine he wants those easy rebounds minimum, he should let rondo get most of the assists or ball (what else would he be good for?). He should sacrifice some ppg to ingram.

I can see him getting less stats "for the sake of the team's growth" on this current squad.

back to the original point, i am VERY curious how the calls will go. Will he get the same treatment as he did in Cle? I think he'll get enough, but maybe not as much as Cle. I don't think he will all of a sudden get nothing, like Mihm.

Man averaged 34/9/9 in the playoffs. I think he will be averaging above 25ppg.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

His deltoids are nice.

Raymond Felton is thinking Bron’s Glutes are nice... 😝
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
epak wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

His deltoids are nice.

Is it just me or does bearded Baron look like bearded Tristan?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
epak wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

His deltoids are nice.

Is it just me or does bearded Baron look like bearded Tristan?

That’s not Felt? Guess that guy is too skinny...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Inside the Design of the Nike LeBron

https://www.slamonline.com/kicks/inside-design-nike-lebron-16/
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:

So? AD is 25 and is leaps and bounds the better player, yet Embiid is talked about far more. I don't think being sick of east coast bias and being critical of a great player is somehow denying his talent.

And this is coming from someone who, despite the annoying Simmons hype, told folks all year Philly would go as far as Embiid took them because in the playoffs Simmons is going to be rendered useless. And that's exactly what happened.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“I’m excited to play with all of them, every last one of them,” James said. “From the guys that were there to all those newcomers that’s come in, so it’s an exciting time for us in L.A.”

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/9/7/17829654/la-lakers-news-lebron-james-teammates-lonzo-ball-brandon-ingram-josh-hart-even-ivica-zubac

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Justin Bieber
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1038487700469309440

Kobe mentality on the team folks.. this guy is gonna make sure all of our guys play at a high level.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

LeBron playing NBA 2K19 Lakers vs Blazers 😂

https://twitter.com/lakerssbn/status/1038550629617029120?s=21
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

I haven't played a 2k game in over a decade but I love that lineup
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Is this the year you get back to playing it? the current Lakers on 2K is gonna be a lot of fun and is worth it to try it out.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Whats the lineup? It's too fuzzy on my phone
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Is this the year you get back to playing it? the current Lakers on 2K is gonna be a lot of fun and is worth it to try it out.

It has less to do with the game itself and more to do with how I spend my free time. During the season, Laker games alone take about 10 hours a week. Then there's reading LG and books, dating, work, other hobbies, etc. I still have my PS3 with about 20 games still in the plastic. Life comes at you fast man.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

It has less to do with the game itself and more to do with how I spend my free time. During the season, Laker games alone take about 10 hours a week. Then there's reading LG and books, dating, work, other hobbies, etc. I still have my PS3 with about 20 games still in the plastic. Life comes at you fast man.

I feel you
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1038487700469309440

Kobe mentality on the team folks.. this guy is gonna make sure all of our guys play at a high level.

That's actually Magic's saying.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 795, 796, 797 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 796 of 2086
Jump to: