The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 822, 823, 824 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject:

Overreaction much

https://twitter.com/Esquate/status/1053922122102239232?s=20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
It’s comical to me people think LBJ is the best player in the league. It’s pretty clear Harden/Durant/AD have passed him.

Didn't Lebron drop 51 points, 8 rebounds, and 8 assists on the world champion Warriors in Game 1?

Never seen Harden or AD do that to the champs.

An as for KD.....
What would happen if Lebron teamed up with Steph, Klay, and Draymond???

I must say I think I'm loving life as a Lebron Apoligist.
Its much easier to debate from this side of the spectrum
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Wow. Who cares

Apparently, players care and that's all that matters no? LeBron apologists are in full effect. King can do no wrong.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
It’s comical to me people think LBJ is the best player in the league. It’s pretty clear Harden/Durant/AD have passed him.

Didn't Lebron drop 51 points, 8 rebounds, and 8 assists on the world champion Warriors in Game 1?

An as for KD.....

For myself and others; we totally get that LeBron wants to pass the ball. It's what he does best and is most comfortable doing. But this is also the same issue that has plagued him his entire career. Don't let the opportunistic team hopping fool you. LeBron hasn't gotten better nor has he conquered those mountains he died on once before.

He still doesn't have a go to move in the half court and he still cannot insert himself into the half court offense without having to dominate the ball. And even (what should be for him) the easiest path to scoring via the post escapes him. Unless we get some shooters or a professional scorer to bail LeBron out; it's going to be a long year.
Lakers200
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject:

lmao two games in y’all already want this man gone truly pathetic and embarrassing
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject:

Lebron does this every year. He’s gonna let the young Lakers find their way. He’ll be different after the All-Star break. Some Lakers might be different too.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Snipes wrote:

An as for KD.....

For myself and others; we totally get that LeBron wants to pass the ball. It's what he does best and is most comfortable doing. But this is also the same issue that has plagued him his entire career. Don't let the opportunistic team hopping fool you. LeBron hasn't gotten better nor has he conquered those mountains he died on once before.

He still doesn't have a go to move in the half court and he still cannot insert himself into the half court offense without having to dominate the ball. And even (what should be for him) the easiest path to scoring via the post escapes him. Unless we get some shooters or a professional scorer to bail LeBron out; it's going to be a long year.

Fantastic Assessment and refreshing to hear a real basketball breakdown.
I agree he's totally dominated offensively through his shear strength and athleticism for the most part.

Even though last year with the Cavs he had his best shooting season. I believe he shot a career high percentage from 3 and his mid range was the best I've seen his whole career.

I think he's just cruising for the start and sooner or later will see that shooting groove which was fire that destroyed the Boston Celtics in game 7 in the ECF last season.

This year might be the mulligan though and I hate to play the "we might get Kawhi, Klay, KD , or AD card next season" but it's the damn truth. An before we signed Lebron I had zero confidence on signing anybody. I really didn't think Lebron was coming. At the time I was hoping we signed Deandre Jordan lol
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:41 am    Post subject:

I’m skeptical King has the legs to run showtime pace in the second half. He seems gassed, and the movement just halts, defense sags, and then the player complaints begin. Limit Kings mins. Have him open and close halves. Let’s start at winning quarters. Win every quarter.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject:

Highly disappointed with the King. Not because of the stats or points but for the passion and interest. He seemed to me like he is exploring other guys possibilities and giving them the ball. Come on. You are the Alpha. You need to take the ball and score.

With Kobe on 33 on his back this would be a win for the Lakers with Kobe scoring 45 point. Simple as that. He wouldn't allowed Harden to beat him.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Highly disappointed with the King. Not because of the stats or points but for the passion and interest. He seemed to me like he is exploring other guys possibilities and giving them the ball. Come on. You are the Alpha. You need to take the ball and score.

With Kobe on 33 on his back this would be a win for the Lakers with Kobe scoring 45 point. Simple as that. He wouldn't allowed Harden to beat him.

Oh my, the legend of Kobe gets bigger and bigger.

Kobe wouldn’t let Harden beat him? But the last 4 meetings, Harden won all 4 of those games while averaging 31.5 points against Kobe. Harden even dropped 40 on one of those wins against him. In fact the last 10 meetings between Kobe and Harden, the Lakers lost 8 of those 10 meetings.

You guys make it sound like Kobe carried us to every comeback and made every game winner and stopped everyone, when Kobe himself let Gilbert Hibachi Arenas score 60 on him and beat him too at home. But seriously always have to bring up Kobe. It’s fine to criticize LeBron, but always feeling the need to turn into a Kobe debate is futile.

The Mods have already said to stop making this thread Kobe and LeBron, the Mods have already decreed it so just FYI.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject:

Wow, anyone disappointed with Lebron needs a basketball lobotomy. Jesus Christ.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject:

Really disappointed in LeBum. I know Rondo holds grudges and will take this very persona. Fights are a good way of telling who is really with you vs who isn’t
#QueenJames
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Kobe wouldn’t let Harden beat him? But the last 4 meetings, Harden won all 4 of those games while averaging 31.5 points against Kobe. Harden even dropped 40 on one of those wins against him. In fact the last 10 meetings between Kobe and Harden, the Lakers lost 8 of those 10 meetings.

You guys make it sound like Kobe carried us to every comeback and made every game winner and stopped everyone, when Kobe himself let Gilbert Hibachi Arenas score 60 on him and beat him too at home. But seriously always have to bring up Kobe. It’s fine to criticize LeBron, but always feeling the need to turn into a Kobe debate is futile.

The Mods have already said to stop making this thread Kobe and LeBron, the Mods have already decreed it so just FYI.

Kobe wasn't even guarding Gilbert on the majority of those shots.. So "Kobe himself let Gilbert Hibachi Arenas score 60 on him" isn't accurate at all.

I think what some of the posters are communicating is that Kobe would have made an effort to will us into a win. Bron was passive. I'm not going to harp on it since we are only two games in, but I've seen a higher aggression level from him than what I've seen thus far in these last two games in crunch time.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject:

He hasn't really imposed his will yet. We don't have good spacing for him either.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

I've seen Kobe deliberately give up on a PLAYOFF SERIES because the media hurt his wittle feelings because he shoots too much.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
He hasn't really imposed his will yet. We don't have good spacing for him either.

Agreed our spacing doesn't suit his style nor does our pace. We're going to have to adjust or realize that we won't get amazing performances out of Bron.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

I've seen Kobe deliberately give up on a PLAYOFF SERIES because the media hurt his wittle feelings because he shoots too much.

Stupid ass posts. I thought this was the Lebron thread and fwiw I could of sworn Kobe has been retired and out of the league for at least 3 seasons now.

Y’all need take these comparisons ((bleep)) elsewhere
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Agreed our spacing doesn't suit his style nor does our pace. We're going to have to adjust or realize that we won't get amazing performances out of Bron.

😩😫😤🤯🤬

Really that’s your word dawg? Lebron is gonna lay a goose egg for his entire tenure with the Lakers?? Would you be willing to put some of your money on that assumption going forward?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Overreaction much

I think people were reacting to what happened a bit after that where LeBron had his arm around CP3 and was being friendly with him, not the holding him back part.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Overreaction much

I think people were reacting to what happened a bit after that where LeBron had his arm around CP3 and was being friendly with him, not the holding him back part.

People need to realize he was calming him down at that point. Even CP3 was like I’m good and instructed Lebron to let him go.

Lebron is really tight with CP3 that ain’t a shocker. CP3 is The Godfather of his first born son.

If people got a problem with Lebron there’s a easy solution, root for another team
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

Sooner or later we're going to have to play LeBron-ball.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:

Anyone who thought otherwise hasn't watched LeBron play.

Both Chris Bosh and Kevin Love had their games ruined because of LeBron. I remember back when Dan Gilbert asked LeBron if he wanted Amari Stoudemire or Antawn Jamison; LeBron chose Jamison.

They call this dude a king and constantly portray him as a savior. He ain't changing man... The entire roster is going to be overhauled for LeBron. I think Ingram just gave Magic the excuse he needed to make a move earlier than the fans would have originally accepted and possibly for a player the fans do not approve of.

I feel something really stupid coming...
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

Anyone who thought otherwise hasn't watched LeBron play.

Both Chris Bosh and Kevin Love had their games ruined because of LeBron. I remember back when Dan Gilbert asked LeBron if he wanted Amari Stoudemire or Antawn Jamison; LeBron chose Jamison.

They call this dude a king and constantly portray him as a savior. He ain't changing man... The entire roster is going to be overhauled for LeBron. I think Ingram just gave Magic the excuse he needed to make a move earlier than the fans would have originally accepted and possibly for a player the fans do not approve of.

I feel something really stupid coming...

Overreaction much?

Lebron has let it be known over and over again he likes BI and Kuzma. We would of had Kawhi already if that wasn’t the case.

The only other player I could see LeGM and magic trading BI and Kuz for is Anthony Davis and that won’t happen anytime soon.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Kobe wasn't even guarding Gilbert on the majority of those shots.. So "Kobe himself let Gilbert Hibachi Arenas score 60 on him" isn't accurate at all.

Ahh, the old 'Kobe wasn't guarding him' argument. Well, why not? Haven't people stated on here several times he guards the opposing teams best player when it matters? I guess when your opponent is gunning for 60, you let a scrub guard him instead.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

And yes those players combined have 4 titles playing with LeBron. Don't really care these players think he might be 'ruining' their game as long as they're winning chips, and neither do I.

Last edited by george w kush on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 822, 823, 824 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 823 of 2082
Jump to: