The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 828, 829, 830 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Dude had 14 assists and 8 rebounds to go with his 32 points. Yes he missed the free throws, but can we put things in perspective? When was the last time a Laker had that kind of game without it being a career performance?
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Pretty good game by Bron except for missing those 2 free throws and that last shot.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I hate he missed those free throws. He definitely should not have had the ball. This is a known issue with him, but he wanted it. Never passed it up to a more reliable free throw shooter. I applaud him for trying to change that narrative. But dude is averaging 27 8 8. I was probably his harshest critic, especially after the friend over teammate thing. This LA pressure is a ton worse than any he's ever been in. He's right. Patience guys...we had the sky falling last year too, and were right there to get that 8th seed with a bunch of young guys.

Give Bron time. Give the team time. They could have been 3-0 as well. We have been in each game till the 4 minute mark. We show our youth though during that mark. They'll be good. They all need to adjust with a superstar player. Give them time, please
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

I love superstars. This was a great bad game from an elite talent.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

I liked his postgame interview. Looks like he has a patient approach.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
Honestly, I hate he missed those free throws. He definitely should not have had the ball. This is a known issue with him, but he wanted it. Never passed it up to a more reliable free throw shooter. I applaud him for trying to change that narrative. But dude is averaging 27 8 8. I was probably his harshest critic, especially after the friend over teammate thing. This LA pressure is a ton worse than any he's ever been in. He's right. Patience guys...we had the sky falling last year too, and were right there to get that 8th seed with a bunch of young guys.

Give Bron time. Give the team time. They could have been 3-0 as well. We have been in each game till the 4 minute mark. We show our youth though during that mark. They'll be good. They all need to adjust with a superstar player. Give them time, please

Don’t care about the missed FTs he’s been missing them in clutch moments through out his career in Cleveland and Miami.. the result is still 8 finals and 3 championships.. he will find a way to lead us to victories consistently once the team starts to figure it out and he can do his thing in the 4th.
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

I was at the game and while his first half wasn't very good, he was awesome in the second half. The 3 he hit to tie the game was crazy, all of staples went wild. Too bad he couldn't hit those free throws in OT but I expect him to get better in all aspects of the game as the season progresses.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
Overrated stat padder. Ain’t got half the talent of the great Kobe Bryant.

Your lame one note posts remind of someone. BizLA perhaps?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:

he wants championships. he knows we're not close to GS this year... it's a whole bye/development year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

he wants championships. he knows we're not close to GS this year... it's a whole bye/development year.

How would you know? we have no idea what he thinks, what he says to the media is completely different then what he says to the players, these guys believe they can win a title if they are saying it it’s because LeBron wants them to believe that.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Water under the bridge but this would be a year to contend with Randle on the squad.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

ESPN posted up Lebron's situational free throw stats. I don't remember the exact parameters, but it was something like "last 2 minutes of a one-possession game", and Lebron was 10-22 under those conditions since last season. Worst out of 15 other players with at least 10 attempts. I think that has to be fatigue as he's getting older.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

I like the "I know what I got myself into" sound bite.

Last edited by panamaniac on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
ESPN posted up Lebron's situational free throw stats. I don't remember the exact parameters, but it was something like "last 2 minutes of a one-possession game", and Lebron was 10-22 under those conditions since last season. Worst out of 15 other players with at least 10 attempts. I think that has to be fatigue as he's getting older.

Do you think nerves play a role?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject:

He gets numbers like it's nothing.
That's nuts.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Lebron has been great.

Hardest pill to swallow is we could be 3-0 right now if a couple breaks went our way. I believe.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Jesus this thread is (bleep) cancerous.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
He gets numbers like it's nothing.
That's nuts.

He’s putting up nice stats while free flowing in games, just imagine if he locks in and starts to dominate teams on a nightly basis, this is nothing for him.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

The number of clutch shots Kobe missed over the course of his career is too many to count. In fact, he probably missed more than he made. But I don't think nerves were necessarily the reason. I see no reason to think nerves have anything to do with it for LeBron either. You aren't going to make every single one in those situations. This is elementary stuff that all of us are completely aware of, but people always seem to allow emotion to overrule logic after losses for some reason. A classic sign of weak-mindedness IMO.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

The number of clutch shots Kobe missed over the course of his career is too many to count. In fact, he probably missed more than he made. But I don't think nerves were necessarily the reason. I see no reason to think nerves have anything to do with it for LeBron either. You aren't going to make every single one in those situations. This is elementary stuff that all of us are completely aware of, but people always seem to allow emotion to overrule logic after losses for some reason. A classic sign of weak-mindedness IMO.

This article looks at LeBron clutch shooting vs Kobe and Kobe was 3x better. But hey, lets stick to our predetermined narratives.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-kobe-bryant-clutch-shooting-awful-airball-5-for-47-022916

We also have these stats showing Kobe as 80% on FT's in clutch situations while Lebron is 67%. https://www.82games.com/random23.htm
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Judah wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

This article looks at LeBron clutch shooting vs Kobe and Kobe was 3x better. But hey, lets stick to our predetermined narratives.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-kobe-bryant-clutch-shooting-awful-airball-5-for-47-022916
I think the narrative of his free throws has always been there, but let's be happy that he wanted it. He didn't shy from it. Usually he does, but he didn't tonight. I'm sure the free throws is mental. That's been a stigma for him all his career. Honestly, surely he could hire some hecklers in practice and practice those with pressure or hire therapist to see why he can't make free throws in clutch
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Can you just... guard people shooting 3s?
Killed me when Kobe didn't do it in '12-'13
Kills me now
BruceLeroy1985
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Need to face facts. Lebron has never been a closer. He has never really been a clutch player.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject:

BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
Need to face facts. Lebron has never been a closer. He has never really been a clutch player.

Except in 2017, which was only a year ago.

Last edited by epak on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Lakers200
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject:

BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
This is idiotic that people still believe this sentiment
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 828, 829, 830 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 829 of 2082
Jump to: