The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 884, 885, 886 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
And just like that, Lebron is now 39.6% from 3 pt land for the year. He was behind the 8-ball for awhile. I expect him to finish at his career %, but it would be nice if can shoot close to 40% for the year. 52% overall, 28.8 pts. I've always admired his efficient stats from afar. Now we get to experience it.

One thing I've always noticed about him, and it's hard not to notice, is that he doesn't 'average' his numbers. He earns them. He doesn't fluctuate much from game to game except for outbursts like last night. He consistently puts up the same numbers on a nightly basis. Crazy.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
He'll save that for the playoffs. Look at the west. The number of teams equipped to deal with LBJ in a 7 game series? Maybe 1? And he dropped like 34/9/9 on the Warriors.

Yep, whatever team we are facing, we may not be favourite, but I don't think any of them will feel safe playing us, except maybe the Warriors if everyone is healthy...

However, teams will try to key in on our young guys. If they can't hit shots they will adjust accordingly.

I hope this reminds people just how thankful we should be that LBJ chose the Lakers without a 2nd All Star besides him. We have no idea how our young core will perform under duress in the playoffs.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
He'll save that for the playoffs. Look at the west. The number of teams equipped to deal with LBJ in a 7 game series? Maybe 1? And he dropped like 34/9/9 on the Warriors.

Yep, whatever team we are facing, we may not be favourite, but I don't think any of them will feel safe playing us, except maybe the Warriors if everyone is healthy...

However, teams will try to key in on our young guys. If they can't hit shots they will adjust accordingly.

I hope this reminds people just how thankful we should be that LBJ chose the Lakers without a 2nd All Star besides him. We have no idea how our young core will perform under duress in the playoffs.

Playoffs for Ingram and Ball could get ugly if they don't improve drastically this year, but I'm not too afraid for guys like Hart, Kuz or KCP. They won't have to adjust their game that much in the playoffs IMO...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

durden-tyler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Playoffs for Ingram and Ball could get ugly if they don't improve drastically this year, but I'm not too afraid for guys like Hart, Kuz or KCP. They won't have to adjust their game that much in the playoffs IMO...

Of all of the young core, Hart is the least I'm worried about in a playoff series.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

Having a marquee player that can dominate the game sure changes things. Another stellar game from James was good to see.

Lakers need him to flex every so often but I just do not want to see him doing it too often. It is a long season.

Long term success is going to be dependent on continued development and production by multiple players. James ISO nights are fun to watch but they need others involved IMO
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
James ISO nights are fun to watch but they need others involved IMO

It's because our young guys can't dominate and carry games that he's resorting to this. I'm pretty sure he could do this on a nightly basis but he's trying to let the young guys sink or swim.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1064548069558099970?s=21

That comment about NY and LA...looks like Klutch will be looking to put their big fish in those markets #Followthecrumbs
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
James ISO nights are fun to watch but they need others involved IMO

It's because our young guys can't dominate and carry games that he's resorting to this. I'm pretty sure he could do this on a nightly basis but he's trying to let the young guys sink or swim.

I understand why he is forced to do it. As I said, good to see a dominant player on the roster again. Having that player that can take over a game is invaluable.

But the Lakers are walking a tightrope of relying on James taking over games and the development of the young players. When he is in ISO mode the other players are not learning or playing to their best skill sets.

For example, Ball is at his best when facilitating yet not bring long the ball up regularly. Ingram has ISO skills yet is rarely seeing the spacing he needs. The young guys tend to defer as a first resort instead of playing to their strengths.

James is showing why he is still among the Leagues best. Just not sure the best long term solution is for him to be dominating and playing 38 mpg as he is doing. Would prefer those performances be few and far between.

Tough situation though. Because they may drop some critical games trying to develop the rest of the roster. Part of the contradiction of James on this roster
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
For example, Ball is at his best when facilitating yet not bring long the ball up regularly. Ingram has ISO skills yet is rarely seeing the spacing he needs. The young guys tend to defer as a first resort instead of playing to their strengths.

I disagree that BI has ISO skills. I think he thinks he does and the numbers simply do not support it.

I think the complaints about LBJ not taking over games or not dominating is when he has been letting the young guys try to take over games, which they haven't been able to do consistently.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I disagree that BI has ISO skills. I think he thinks he does and the numbers simply do not support it.

I think the complaints about LBJ not taking over games or not dominating is when he has been letting the young guys try to take over games, which they haven't been able to do consistently.

And BI also thinks he's a good jump shooter who can always shoot contested mid-range jump shots.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

And BI also thinks he's a good jump shooter who can always shoot contested mid-range jump shots.

I think he could be a great corner 3 shooter, and I do think he has some good driving abilities (finishing is a bit of a work in progress) and drive/dish abilities. Pure ISO on the block, well, we've seen defensive stalwarts like JJ Barea/CJ shut him down on the post.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I think he could be a great corner 3 shooter, and I do think he has some good driving abilities (finishing is a bit of a work in progress) and drive/dish abilities. Pure ISO on the block, well, we've seen defensive stalwarts like JJ Barea/CJ shut him down on the post.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1064548069558099970?s=21

That comment about NY and LA...looks like Klutch will be looking to put their big fish in those markets #Followthecrumbs

Awesome that’s music to my ears, I bet a lot of FAs will look at that and make there decision to join the Lakers a little more easier, good times indeed
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

BI didn’t score 51 points last night but from the Buckets I seen him put in they were big time shots. Couple momentum busters everytime the Heat made a run. Some people are just not satisfied unless he scoring 20+ on 100% field goal percentage every night

Thank God the Laker front office ain’t some posters on LG or loudmouth 2-8 49er Richard Sherman.

All that matters in the meanwhile is that Magic and Lebron is still riding for BI. 💪
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

BI didn’t score 51 points last night but from the Buckets I seen him put in they were big time shots. Couple momentum busters everytime the Heat made a run. Some people are just not satisfied unless he scoring 20+ on 100% field goal percentage every night

Thank God the Laker front office ain’t some posters on LG or loudmouth 2-8 49er Richard Sherman.

All that matters in the meanwhile is that Magic and Lebron is still riding for BI. 💪

He needs better coaching on what is effective/not effective. He has some intriguing tools but from what I've gathered, it seems he's given free range development.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

He needs better coaching on what is effective/not effective. He has some intriguing tools but from what I've gathered, it seems he's given free range development.

Free range coaching all around.

1:28

I get the impatience a lot have with BI but you don’t give up on a 21 year old on his 3rd year. Maybe if he was 25-26 years old imo
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I get the impatience a lot have with BI but you don’t give up on a 21 year old on his 3rd year. Maybe if he was 25-26 years old imo

I haven't given up on him. But he's up for a big extension and the Lakers will have to make a decision on him no later than 2020.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I haven't given up on him. But he's up for a big extension and the Lakers will have to make a decision on him no later than 2020.

I know I’m being a BI apologist but at the same time it’s true that some of his hate is definitely premature.

Comparing him to other 2nd or 3rd year players he really isn’t that bad.
Donovan Mitchell the other night scored 35 points on 35 shot attempts while registering zero assists lol.

Tatum and Brown of the Celtics have been very disappointing this season. I believe there were a couple games where Tatum barely scored 7 points and Brown has been subpar at most this season.

Markell Fultz........ An Ben Simmons still scared to shoot a 17 footer.

We got time to figure BI out and if it doesn’t work out he’ll definitely be shipped out. But until then I gotta think he’ll figure it out
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

NBA on ESPN

@ESPNNBA
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1064576624710967296

The moment LeBron officially became a Laker.

The new ESPN+ series "More Than An Athlete" will go behind the scenes with LeBron and his three long-time friends. The first two episodes will be available tomorrow
9:50 AM - 19 Nov 2018
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
NBA on ESPN

@ESPNNBA
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1064576624710967296

The moment LeBron officially became a Laker.

The new ESPN+ series "More Than An Athlete" will go behind the scenes with LeBron and his three long-time friends. The first two episodes will be available tomorrow
9:50 AM - 19 Nov 2018

Lebron's wearing a tshirt depicting Obama facing away with the back of his suit describing his accomplishments and exit date in the same design as Kanye's for Kobe's last game.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

Time to drop a 60 piece on the Cavs?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

Bron up to 28.8/7.7/6.9 on 52/40/75
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

Only thing to nitpick at is his FT%. Elite players like him should be at 80+%. But I guess he never averaged 80% in a season so I guess that’s ok...
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

Pretty remarkable at this age

Well , actually for any age
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

Only player in the NBA were he can get a 300+M extension and no one will complain rather he is worth it, he is worth every money.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 884, 885, 886 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 885 of 2082
Jump to: