The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 886, 887, 888 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
James ISO nights are fun to watch but they need others involved IMO

It's because our young guys can't dominate and carry games that he's resorting to this. I'm pretty sure he could do this on a nightly basis but he's trying to let the young guys sink or swim.

He could do that on a nightly basis?

He’s AVERAGING 28/8/7 going basically 65-70%.

I can read a basic stat line off b-ball ref. Doesn’t mean he can do what you say and go on monster isolation scoring tears on a nightly basis lol.

Missing the point. He can do it but of course it’s not wise. He would be fatigued and breaking down. It’s not an ABILITY issue.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

It's because our young guys can't dominate and carry games that he's resorting to this. I'm pretty sure he could do this on a nightly basis but he's trying to let the young guys sink or swim.

I can read a basic stat line off b-ball ref. Doesn’t mean he can do what you say and go on monster isolation scoring tears on a nightly basis lol.

Missing the point. He can do it but of course it’s not wise. He would be fatigued and breaking down. It’s not an ABILITY issue.

Well if he fatigues and breaks down then it is an ability issue.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

No. That’s a durability issue. He averaged 34/9/9 in 22 playoff games. He can do it but it isn’t wise to use that during the regular season.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

No. That’s a durability issue. He averaged 34/9/9 in 22 playoff games. He can do it but it isn’t wise to use that during the regular season.

You’re arguing semantics, he can’t do that every night because he’s not able to without fatiguing our or breaking down, therefore it’s an ability issue. Hell any of the top scorers in the nba theoretically could go iso and put up huge scoring outputs every night, but realistically they’re not able to because an nba season is at least 82 games long and they wouldn’t be able to sustain it, same for lebron.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Lol ok man.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I love this man

https://youtu.be/qDyZP0l1igM
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
For example, Ball is at his best when facilitating yet not bring long the ball up regularly. Ingram has ISO skills yet is rarely seeing the spacing he needs. The young guys tend to defer as a first resort instead of playing to their strengths.

I disagree that BI has ISO skills. I think he thinks he does and the numbers simply do not support it.

I think the complaints about LBJ not taking over games or not dominating is when he has been letting the young guys try to take over games, which they haven't been able to do consistently.

And BI also thinks he's a good jump shooter who can always shoot contested mid-range jump shots.

BI didn’t score 51 points last night but from the Buckets I seen him put in they were big time shots. Couple momentum busters everytime the Heat made a run. Some people are just not satisfied unless he scoring 20+ on 100% field goal percentage every night

Thank God the Laker front office ain’t some posters on LG or loudmouth 2-8 49er Richard Sherman.

All that matters in the meanwhile is that Magic and Lebron is still riding for BI. 💪

He needs better coaching on what is effective/not effective. He has some intriguing tools but from what I've gathered, it seems he's given free range development.

Free range coaching all around.

1:28

I get the impatience a lot have with BI but you don’t give up on a 21 year old on his 3rd year. Maybe if he was 25-26 years old imo

I haven't given up on him. But he's up for a big extension and the Lakers will have to make a decision on him no later than 2020.

I know I’m being a BI apologist but at the same time it’s true that some of his hate is definitely premature.

Comparing him to other 2nd or 3rd year players he really isn’t that bad.
Donovan Mitchell the other night scored 35 points on 35 shot attempts while registering zero assists lol.

Tatum and Brown of the Celtics have been very disappointing this season. I believe there were a couple games where Tatum barely scored 7 points and Brown has been subpar at most this season.

Markell Fultz........ An Ben Simmons still scared to shoot a 17 footer.

We got time to figure BI out and if it doesn’t work out he’ll definitely be shipped out. But until then I gotta think he’ll figure it out

The only thing I will say is that we have seen some great rookies here, Magic and Worthy, who did not need 4 to 5 years to show their worth. Not to mention other guys like Scott, Green, Cooper who all showed pretty positive upside almost right out of the gate. I'm not saying that any of our young guys are never going to be that great or play at that level, but to me none of them have convinced me that they are on that level. I really like Hart and Kuz. Hart is a complete player and tenacious. For me, he is a keeper. Kuz has some great offensive weapons but needs to become a better defender. Lonzo his a superior PG but will likely always lack solid offensive explosiveness. If he could become a consistent 15/10 guy with very limited games with under 10 points, then he would be solid for us. BI has good all around skills but has some holes. On defense, he can be beat by people who can make quick moves, BI just can't get those long legs moving quick enough to guard some of the quicker players. Additionally, he seems to be a bit hot and cold on offense. Takes too many ill advised outside shots, that are contested and come up short. Really has no goto move, that allows him to dominate. Can see him as a solid third option on a good team.

Ultimately, Hart will fit in if he wants to stay, simply because he seems willing to play whatever roll we give him and still play both sides of the ball. Kuz is so good at running the lanes, he is a decent fit for James. Lonzo's best skills are a bit minimized by us having Lebron, who is a great ball handler and assist guy. When Lebron see his guys step up, he will be sure they get their points, but if they aren't stepping up, he is gonna play like Kobe did and score 50 points. I suspect a scoring PG would be a better fit for this team, but who knew we were going to get Lebron when we drafted Lonzo? BI really isn't the best fit for Lebron either, which is why everyone is starting to talk about him playing more, when Lebron goes to sit, so that he can have the ball in his hands a bit more.

If we get offered Durant and Davis, I would gut most of these guys, no offense, they are all good to very good players, one or two of them MAY even pan out and become all-star caliber, but none of them are going to be superstars. I've seen enough of developing superstars to know it when I see one and I am not convinced. Maybe a different environment will help a couple of these guys out?

If we get Durant and Davis, not gonna be much room up front, with that team I could even see Lebron being a full blown point forward, we could have a front court rotation of Lebron, Durant, Davis with Kuz and McGee, keep Hart in the back court as a defensive stopper and look for an scoring point guard who can help this team spread the floor.

Past that, if we just can't sign those guys, then go for the best FA signing we can get, hopefully Kawhi or Durant and then simply have them play with these youngsters and hope they can play their rolls.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

You’re arguing semantics, he can’t do that every night because he’s not able to without fatiguing our or breaking down, therefore it’s an ability issue. Hell any of the top scorers in the nba theoretically could go iso and put up huge scoring outputs every night, but realistically they’re not able to because an nba season is at least 82 games long and they wouldn’t be able to sustain it, same for lebron.

I actually think you are the one arguing semantics. Step back and look!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

OMG. Who cares?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
OMG. Who cares?

You clearly lack the durability and ability to care.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Let's change it to "He could do it on any given night" so we don't muck up a thread by you two pissing all over each other.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
I love this man

He’s a comedian genius similar to Shaq
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Let's change it to "He could do it on any given night" so we don't muck up a thread by you two pissing all over each other.

We stopped “pissing on each other” hours ago. You’re the one who brought it back up, so maybe you should just remain quiet if you don’t like it and don’t like threads getting mucked up. Or you can just continue to be a hypocrite and continue to reply.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Is there anyone still doubting Lebron? The small anti-lebron faction that didn't want him here is probably the lowest point LG has ever achieved.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
epak wrote:
OMG. Who cares?

You're talking semantics.
It's DurAbility!
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
GTL wrote:
I love this man

He makes Shaq look like Kawhi in comparison, the most serious player on the planet
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
GTL wrote:
I love this man

He makes Shaq look like Kawhi in comparison, the most serious player on the planet

Not a Curry or GS fan. But this clip always cracks me up.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Is there anyone still doubting Lebron? The small anti-lebron faction that didn't want him here is probably the lowest point LG has ever achieved.

Nowadays, many NBA fans are fans of players more than teams. LBJ fans following him from CLE to MIA back to CLE and now here. That's a good example.
Or Lakers fans who like X player. So if X player isn't playing well they blame the team. Sometimes the front office. Most of the time the coach.

So I understand why some Lakers fans didn't welcome LBJ. Many hated him for years because Lebron (without the hardware to back it up) has been used to paint over Kobe's decade + of dominance . Like NBA dominance went from Magic to Jordan to LBJ.
But for the team-first fans. I think it was easier to adopt LBJ immediately and absolutely. And the same thing will be true if we get KD next year.
In my eyes, all past "sins" are removed (within reason) when you put on the forum blue and gold. Rondo included.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
epak wrote:
OMG. Who cares?

You're talking semantics.
It's DurAbility!

Durantability?
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Nowadays, many NBA fans are fans of players more than teams. LBJ fans following him from CLE to MIA back to CLE and now here. That's a good example.
Or Lakers fans who like X player. So if X player isn't playing well they blame the team. Sometimes the front office. Most of the time the coach.

So I understand why some Lakers fans didn't welcome LBJ. Many hated him for years because Lebron (without the hardware to back it up) has been used to paint over Kobe's decade + of dominance . Like NBA dominance went from Magic to Jordan to LBJ.
But for the team-first fans. I think it was easier to adopt LBJ immediately and absolutely. And the same thing will be true if we get KD next year.
In my eyes, all past "sins" are removed (within reason) when you put on the forum blue and gold. Rondo included.

I think it went from Magic/Bird to Michael to Shaq and finally to LeBron.
There are only a handful of transcendent, generational players and LeBron is one.

He s probably been the undisputed best player in his sport for 10 straight years. Nobody since Jordan dominated the game the way LeBron has.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jason Lloyd
@ByJasonLloyd

Also in this is George Hill on LeBron's reception tomorrow night: "If you boo him, you're an a**hole."

Oh George.
But what about the Lakers fans who boo Lebron?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

Let’s trade for George Hill but seriously that’s very cool to see that his former teammates still have his back.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

G.Hill prob auditioning for one of LBJ/KD min salary teammate spot next summer
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

his deal expiries next summer right? That would mean we can trade for him to add some G depth without worrying about jeopardizing the FA plan especially if Rondo and his hand become an issue all season long.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Very possibly.
He has a $1 mil buyout next summer that will certainly be used. No team is going to pay him $19 mil next season.
Most of those contracts on the Cavs (Hill, Korver, JR) are structured the same way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 886, 887, 888 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 887 of 2082
Jump to: