The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 923, 924, 925 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I can give credit where it's due... Love winning and that's all I care about. I just won't enjoy the process because I am not a fan of LeBron in the least bit.

Hoping we grab a second star I can root for so this becomes more enjoyable for me.

Translation: “I clap for you reluctantly but your wife and children are hideous.”
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
drae wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
I just heard Ramona say Lebron wants Carmelo here. Why Lebron why?

What did she specifically say?

Can confirm this. Bron hasn't asked Lakers to sign Melo, and that he doesn't intend to. But if Rob/Magic decide that'd be good for the Lakers, the banana boat has been floated apparently.

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1070867970568577024

There's an opinion going around that Melo was made a scapegoat for a bad Houston team. I don't like him being here, but I don't think it would be a disaster.

He would be a complete distraction and disaster.

How much worse can he be than Beasley and Lance? The problem with Houston was that they wanted Melo to chuck 3s, and didn't want him taking mid range shots where he is the most effective.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

1 stat that is ignored

LeBron had 4 40 point games last year with Cleveland in the regular season

He already has 2 game 40 point games this year and plus a 51 point game to boot, this guy is aging like wine and we aren’t even at the quarter point of the season... just crazy.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
drae wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Can confirm this. Bron hasn't asked Lakers to sign Melo, and that he doesn't intend to. But if Rob/Magic decide that'd be good for the Lakers, the banana boat has been floated apparently.

There's an opinion going around that Melo was made a scapegoat for a bad Houston team. I don't like him being here, but I don't think it would be a disaster.

How much worse can he be than Beasley and Lance? The problem with Houston was that they wanted Melo to chuck 3s, and didn't want him taking mid range shots where he is the most effective.

Can someone explain how "Bron hasn't asked Lakers to sign Melo, and that he doesn't intend to" means LeBron wants Melo here?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

[quote="epak"]
miggz23 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
drae wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Maybe the Lakers take a chance on Melo, I think that means they would have to drop someone else, Zubac? One of the big problems with Melo though is his willingness to come off the bench. For just a vet. minimum deal for the remainder of the season, I'd consider it. It would also make sense IF we had a trade deal coming down, where we were sending out 1 more player than what would come back.

If Melo did come here, with it being Lebron's team, you don't hear griping from Rondo, Lance, McGee, KCP, Beasley, Chandler...maybe Melo would accept whatever he is given and/or earns...
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject:

Melo would end up falling out the rotation here as well. Just a giant no thanks.
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject:

maybe LBJ wants more scapegoats to blame the eventual collapse
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
drae wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Can someone explain how "Bron hasn't asked Lakers to sign Melo, and that he doesn't intend to" means LeBron wants Melo here?

Yeah it's kind of weird. I guess maybe Lebron's people just leaked his sentiments to the media? Kind of a passive-aggressive way to go about it that I'm not a big fan of, if true.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
epak wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
drae wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Yeah it's kind of weird. I guess maybe Lebron's people just leaked his sentiments to the media? Kind of a passive-aggressive way to go about it that I'm not a big fan of, if true.

Maybe Lebron believes that he can extend his career. Lebron do have a history of doing that... Richard Jefferson/Kyle Korver/ Ray Allen

I mean he also gave Wade another try last year, and ended up getting traded when it was not working out.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject:

Aging superstars are never fun to deal with. Melo is far removed from those years, he's a big net negative in recent years. But he still has the ego of a superstar. I can't imagine him getting a ton of minutes, or him being happy with a scraps role.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I can give credit where it's due... Love winning and that's all I care about. I just won't enjoy the process because I am not a fan of LeBron in the least bit.

Hoping we grab a second star I can root for so this becomes more enjoyable for me.

You sound miserable. I feel somewhat sorry for you, young man.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
1 stat that is ignored

LeBron had 4 40 point games last year with Cleveland in the regular season

He already has 2 game 40 point games this year and plus a 51 point game to boot, this guy is aging like wine and we aren’t even at the quarter point of the season... just crazy.

While its a.great thing that LbJ is made from substances unknown to man, perhaps its not so good that he's had to go into that mode more often with us..
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

How petty can someone be?

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

15-9 after 5 years of missing the playoffs, but I'm gonna dwell in my self-created misery.

Everyone has a choice.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Where's that Sad Affleck meme when you need it?

Oh here it is: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/t/56fa9dc960b5e9ec335ea67b/1459264985512/
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
He’s tied for 16th in the league in time of possession since Rondo’s injury, slotting in next to De’Aaron Fox and Reggie Jackson rather than über-ball-dominators like James Harden and John Wall, and he’s still spending significantly less time with the rock in his hands than he did in either of the past two seasons.

For those who claim that he overly monopolizes the ball...(which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're the best player in the NBA).

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/12/6/18129333/lebron-james-lakers-midseason-surge
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

How petty can someone be?

Haha exactly my thoughts.

Look at me, look at me, I am petty, I need attention
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
15-9 after 5 years of missing the playoffs, but I'm gonna dwell in my self-created misery.

Everyone has a choice.

Haha

Yin, I like ur attitude, u were biggest dlo supporter but u moved on like a champ
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Everyone has a choice.

Haha

Yin, I like ur attitude, u were biggest dlo supporter but u moved on like a champ

I root for the Lakers more than I root for one player.

I still support DLO, but I support my Lakers over him and I still wish him the best.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
4. LeBron James
Forward, Los Angeles Lakers
27.8 points, 6.7 assists, 7.7 rebounds, 1.3 steals, 57.4 eFG%, 1.8 net rating
Verrier: Ever wonder what LeBron’s game would look like if he called his own number as often as Harden? That’s basically what we’ve gotten this season from James, who officially accelerated out of Chill Mode and into I’ll-Do-It-My-Damn-Self Mode by dropping 51 points on 31 shots in Miami on November 18. LeBron is making good on Magic Johnson’s master plan to turn the veteran into more of a finisher, averaging more attempts (19.6) and points since the last season of his first Cleveland stint. His assist numbers are down, and he definitely coasted to start the season, but who cares? The Lakers are winning, and defending, and James is producing like a MVP candidate in his prime about a month away from his 34th birthday.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/12/6/18127965/top-25-nba-players-first-25ish-games
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
4. LeBron James
Verrier: Ever wonder what LeBron’s game would look like if he called his own number as often as Harden? That’s basically what we’ve gotten this season from James, who officially accelerated out of Chill Mode and into I’ll-Do-It-My-Damn-Self Mode by dropping 51 points on 31 shots in Miami on November 18. LeBron is making good on Magic Johnson’s master plan to turn the veteran into more of a finisher, averaging more attempts (19.6) and points since the last season of his first Cleveland stint. His assist numbers are down, and he definitely coasted to start the season, but who cares? The Lakers are winning, and defending, and James is producing like a MVP candidate in his prime about a month away from his 34th birthday.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/12/6/18127965/top-25-nba-players-first-25ish-games

They ranked LeBron 4th on that top 25 list when the other 3 players supposedly above him: Durant, Embiid, and Giannis also have 1 or 2 teammates also in that same list to help them. LeBron is the only Laker.

LeBron is doing more with less star help. He should be number 1 soon.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
4. LeBron James

They ranked LeBron 4th on that top 25 list when the other 3 players supposedly above him: Durant, Embiid, and Giannis also have 1 or 2 teammates also in that same list to help them. LeBron is the only Laker.

LeBron is doing more with less star help. He should be number 1 soon.

Indeed.

Giannis has Middleton (another top 25).

Embiid has 2 other top 25 (Jimmy and Simmons).

And KD? Well...he has 3 all NBA guys.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Everyone has a choice.

You're absolutely right.

I'm enjoying every freaking minute of it. I was here when this was our starting lineup and I don't want it back

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8kXFj5CcAAg5CR.jpg
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Everyone has a choice.

Haha

I root for the Lakers more than I root for one player.

I still support DLO, but I support my Lakers over him and I still wish him the best.

Yes Sir
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Everyone has a choice.

You're absolutely right.

I'm enjoying every freaking minute of it. I was here when this was our starting lineup and I don't want it back

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8kXFj5CcAAg5CR.jpg

that lineup is just ridiculous
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 923, 924, 925 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 924 of 2079
Jump to: