The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 977, 978, 979 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Sounds like still 2 weeks away

Nah he'll be back against the Timberwolves.

Lebron's moves are calculated. He's not coming back against a team that can beat our ass. Narrative will be, Bron comes back and leads the Lakers to a win...something something MVP!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I don’t care about making the playoffs soo much anymore.

Lebron can sit out and rest until ASW if he wanted too. Nothing to prove this season. Let his young killas develop.

Fingers crossed Magic and Rob pull another rabbit out the hat this summer.
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
drae wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Karl Malone was a solid rock before he came to the Lakers. Dwight Howard was Superman then had all his back issues. Steve Nash was always injured even prior to joining the Lakers. I remember seeing him not even on the Phoenix bench, but always on the floor stretching, working his back. We don't seem to have any EFFING luck with old timers, not even when the old timer is the best in the game. If this groin is the beginning of the end, this might turn out to be like Kobe Bryant in 2016, but will be dragged on for 3 more yrs after this.

This string of bad luck is insane. But if you think about it, historically, the string of good fortune was insane as well. Everything balances out.

It's a small tear in his groin muscle, he'll be fine. The most important thing about this injury is to make sure he's completely healed before he gets back on the court. That's very important, it's why they're being so careful with it. If he does that there'll be no problems.

Kobe tore his achilles tendon, then fractured his kneecap, then tore his rotator cuff. It's a bit different

In your opinion, when will LeBron James return at the latest?

It seems Lebron is in the final stretch of his recovery. So I'm taking a look at the schedule and there's a 3 day break between the Warriors and the Timberwolves (and another 3 day break between the Timberwolves and the Suns). The latest I expect him to return will be against the Timberwolves, and I don't see any scenario he returns after the Suns (almost 2 weeks away).

How do you know this?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

Lebron can sit out and rest until ASW if he wanted too. Nothing to prove this season. Let his young killas develop.

Yeah, it would be nice to make the playoffs this year, but not at the cost of Lebron coming back too early and causing more long-term injury issues during his remaining time here.
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:57 am    Post subject:

Get that lottery pick or upset the top seed in round one.

I'm good with either outcome!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject:

Kookie Monster wrote:
drae wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
drae wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Karl Malone was a solid rock before he came to the Lakers. Dwight Howard was Superman then had all his back issues. Steve Nash was always injured even prior to joining the Lakers. I remember seeing him not even on the Phoenix bench, but always on the floor stretching, working his back. We don't seem to have any EFFING luck with old timers, not even when the old timer is the best in the game. If this groin is the beginning of the end, this might turn out to be like Kobe Bryant in 2016, but will be dragged on for 3 more yrs after this.

This string of bad luck is insane. But if you think about it, historically, the string of good fortune was insane as well. Everything balances out.

It's a small tear in his groin muscle, he'll be fine. The most important thing about this injury is to make sure he's completely healed before he gets back on the court. That's very important, it's why they're being so careful with it. If he does that there'll be no problems.

Kobe tore his achilles tendon, then fractured his kneecap, then tore his rotator cuff. It's a bit different

It seems Lebron is in the final stretch of his recovery. So I'm taking a look at the schedule and there's a 3 day break between the Warriors and the Timberwolves (and another 3 day break between the Timberwolves and the Suns). The latest I expect him to return will be against the Timberwolves, and I don't see any scenario he returns after the Suns (almost 2 weeks away).

How do you know this?

I didn't say I 'know' this, I said I 'expect' this. Lebron's been cleared to participate in practice next week, that to me would include the explosive movements around the basketball court that you'd normally associate with basketball games. See how he pulls up from that and if it's positive, as it should be, there's not much else to test. All that's left to do then is to build back up his conditioning.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

Hopefully, he will be ready by the Timberwolves game.
But would put a minutes restriction on him also.
Maybe 10 - 20 min game but not more.

Use him mostly in critical situations.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject:

How about a G League stint for LBJ?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I don’t know about that. If he doesn’t score more than Svi’s 47 points his legacy will be ruined.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don’t know about that. If he doesn’t score more than Svi’s 47 points his legacy will be ruined.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

A doctor of physical therapy weighed in on reddit what the next week will look like for Lebron:

Hey everyone,

So thought I'd give ya'll the medical & rehab 411 (I'm a DPT) on what information to pay attention to in order to have a better idea of when he'll be back. As a baseline, we know he's cleared to return to practice on Sunday when the team gets back from their two game road-trip. Here's the process that he and the medical staff will go through:

He'll participate in practice. Based on how the groin responds during practice and what the med staff is comfortable with him doing, he will complete in a certain amount of practice and drills.

For the next 16-24 hours, the team will monitor how LeBron feels. If the groin isn't overly sore, he will participate in the next practice

Once he's able to get through a full practice and 5v5 (Luke has a pre-requisite that a player go through full practice prior to returning to games), look for LeBron to play in the next game.

If LeBron has been feeling REALLY good and gets through all of practice on Sunday, I'd expect him to suit up against the Warriors. However, I think it's very doubtful that the medical staff or LeBron decide to push him that hard right away on Sunday's practice. Much more likely is that he takes Sunday through Wednesday to ramp up in practice and comes back Thursday against Minny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/agzgwu/some_medical_insight_into_lebrons_ongoing_rehab/
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
A doctor of physical therapy weighed in on reddit what the next week will look like for Lebron:

Hey everyone,

So thought I'd give ya'll the medical & rehab 411 (I'm a DPT) on what information to pay attention to in order to have a better idea of when he'll be back. As a baseline, we know he's cleared to return to practice on Sunday when the team gets back from their two game road-trip. Here's the process that he and the medical staff will go through:

He'll participate in practice. Based on how the groin responds during practice and what the med staff is comfortable with him doing, he will complete in a certain amount of practice and drills.

For the next 16-24 hours, the team will monitor how LeBron feels. If the groin isn't overly sore, he will participate in the next practice

Once he's able to get through a full practice and 5v5 (Luke has a pre-requisite that a player go through full practice prior to returning to games), look for LeBron to play in the next game.

If LeBron has been feeling REALLY good and gets through all of practice on Sunday, I'd expect him to suit up against the Warriors. However, I think it's very doubtful that the medical staff or LeBron decide to push him that hard right away on Sunday's practice. Much more likely is that he takes Sunday through Wednesday to ramp up in practice and comes back Thursday against Minny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/agzgwu/some_medical_insight_into_lebrons_ongoing_rehab/

Yeah, my first thought was that even after he returns to practice, he still has to progress to 5v5.

Do we know when next week he'll actually go back to practice? "Next week" could be the beginning or the end of next week.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Those Knicks/Cavs games may very well come back to haunt us.

on the one hand it will sort of be thrilling to have every game matter for us once again for the first time in over a half decade.

But it will be really tight and the margins have basically evaporated to nothing as we are out of the playoffs right now and face a horrendously difficult schedule.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

on the one hand it will sort of be thrilling to have every game matter for us once again for the first time in over a half decade.

But it will be really tight and the margins have basically evaporated to nothing as we are out of the playoffs right now and face a horrendously difficult schedule.

we have the 2nd toughest remaining schedule. I really doubt we are making playoffs this year.

while Utah has a very easy schedule. Unless a major injury occurs to teams above us, we might be out
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Sounds like still 2 weeks away

Nah he'll be back against the Timberwolves.

Lebron's moves are calculated. He's not coming back against a team that can beat our ass. Narrative will be, Bron comes back and leads the Lakers to a win...something something MVP!

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

we have the 2nd toughest remaining schedule. I really doubt we are making playoffs this year.

while Utah has a very easy schedule. Unless a major injury occurs to teams above us, we might be out

Yeah, the margin is gone. But will be thrilling to come down to the last week if it comes to it. Damn that groin. And not getting that 2nd all star was a big blow to this team (as PG helps OKC and deprived the Lakers of that 2nd all star).
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, the margin is gone. But will be thrilling to come down to the last week if it comes to it. Damn that groin. And not getting that 2nd all star was a big blow to this team (as PG helps OKC and deprived the Lakers of that 2nd all star).

You're more worried about the 2nd star, I'm more worried by this average young core we have.

If we do get that 2nd star, we're still going to have to rely on these young players. LeBron is doing what he was doing up in Cleveland, carrying a bunch of average players.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

With Utah's schedule and chemistry they could end up 4th or 5th. If anything we have to pass the Clippers to make the playoffs. They have a slightly tougher schedule and have struggled lately. They are also only half a game above us now. Their pick is also top 15th protected. If the losses pile up they may just tank. The Spurs have 20 losses, Rockets and Blazers have 19. Might have to stomach 2-3 losses get Bron back and go on an amazing run. Let's get it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You're more worried about the 2nd star, I'm more worried by this average young core we have.

If we do get that 2nd star, we're still going to have to rely on these young players. LeBron is doing what he was doing up in Cleveland, carrying a bunch of average players.

Disagree. With LBJ/PG we are probably sitting on top of the WC right now, even with an injury. PG would slide in and we're playing .35 ball.

It's clear the whole plan is premised on 2 all star level FAs. Things would be much different with one IMO this year. Would put much less stress on our young core that is not ready to step up to leading a team to the playoffs.
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
drae wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
drae wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

How do you know this?

I didn't say I 'know' this, I said I 'expect' this. Lebron's been cleared to participate in practice next week, that to me would include the explosive movements around the basketball court that you'd normally associate with basketball games. See how he pulls up from that and if it's positive, as it should be, there's not much else to test. All that's left to do then is to build back up his conditioning.

All right, sounds good, man. I hope you're right. I'd hate for LeBron to be out a lot longer than what they're actually reporting by pretending it's day-to-day or re-evaluating him weekly. That would be a shame.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

We won't be able to sign a major free agent this summer if we don't make the playoffs. Durant, Leonard, Thompson, etc. won't want to join a team that missed the playoffs and closed the season poorly even though Lebron played about 65 games.

Making the playoffs is an absolute must this year. Otherwise it's likely we won't get close to winning a title as long as Lebron is here.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

We won't be able to sign a major free agent this summer if we don't make the playoffs. Durant, Leonard, Thompson, etc. won't want to join a team that missed the playoffs and closed the season poorly even though Lebron played about 65 games.

Making the playoffs is an absolute must this year. Otherwise it's likely we won't get close to winning a title as long as Lebron is here.

I doubt it. Whichever top tier FA decides to sign here know that adding himself would make this team a contender anyway.

If i was to choose between first round sweep or lottery, i’m leaning towards getting a lottery pick since that can be used as a trade asset for a good player.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
slavavov wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

I doubt it. Whichever top tier FA decides to sign here know that adding himself would make this team a contender anyway.

If i was to choose between first round sweep or lottery, i’m leaning towards getting a lottery pick since that can be used as a trade asset for a good player.

The only team Lebron fears in a 7 game series is GSW. We just have to avoid them first round
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm thinking he'll be back by the Suns game.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

We would be 3rd in the west right now if Lebron never went down. This is going to be an exciting stretch run! Go Lakers!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 977, 978, 979 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 978 of 2079
Jump to: