The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 980, 981, 982 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
pio2u wrote:
LeBron James has been teaching Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram different moves and how to play off of the ball

Quote:
LeBron James has taken a personal interest in the young Lakers wings. He’s giving them tips that would make everyone better.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/1/22/18193786/la-lakers-news-lebron-james-mentoring-kyle-kuzma-brandon-ingram-athletic-stats-ipad

The definition of do as I say, not as I do.

The Spectrum commentators were talking a bit about this. They said that when a big man ran you over, they didn't use Lebron but another example, it makes the defense hesitant to get in front of them again, but when someone like Kuzma does it the defense is willing to take charges all day.

In the match against GSW saw Cousins do a massive flop against Ingram. He'll do that all day. On the other hand if it was Lebron running over say ... Doncic
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
pio2u wrote:
LeBron James has been teaching Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram different moves and how to play off of the ball

Quote:
LeBron James has taken a personal interest in the young Lakers wings. He’s giving them tips that would make everyone better.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/1/22/18193786/la-lakers-news-lebron-james-mentoring-kyle-kuzma-brandon-ingram-athletic-stats-ipad

The definition of do as I say, not as I do.

The Spectrum commentators were talking a bit about this. They said that when a big man ran you over, they didn't use Lebron but another example, it makes the defense hesitant to get in front of them again, but when someone like Kuzma does it the defense is willing to take charges all day.

In the match against GSW saw Cousins do a massive flop against Ingram. He'll do that all day. On the other hand if it was Lebron running over say ... Doncic

Darius made a similar point on the recent LFR pod vis a vis Jules running people over with purpose/intentionality versus Kuz Eurostepping into brick walls that crumble like its the Berlin circa 1989
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

LeBron doesn't seem that engaged on the bench since he's been injured and I think the cameras have caught him a few times using and putting away his phone.

We desperately need this man to come back soon if we have any hopes of making the playoffs. I'll take the 7th/8th seed with LBJ leading us and I think we'd still have a chance.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
LeBron doesn't seem that engaged on the bench since he's been injured and I think the cameras have caught him a few times using and putting away his phone.

We desperately need this man to come back soon if we have any hopes of making the playoffs. I'll take the 7th/8th seed with LBJ leading us and I think we'd still have a chance.

He’s always super stoic on the bench, during games it’s how he conserves energy
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tony wrote:

It's definitely not a big deal but it just bothers me for some reason when everyone jumps up all amped and he's just sitting still. Granted there are a few times where he'll get up with them but for the most part he's just sitting there on the end of the bench unfazed.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tony wrote:

It's definitely not a big deal but it just bothers me for some reason when everyone jumps up all amped and he's just sitting still. Granted there are a few times where he'll get up with them but for the most part he's just sitting there on the end of the bench unfazed.

Probably because we’re losing.

Last edited by KOBE WAN on Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tony wrote:

He probably wants to be out there....Plenty of times when he was playing and sat on the bench a crazy dunk would happen and he went crazy.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:

well that confirms it: we're trading lonzo
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

well that confirms it: we're trading lonzo

LOL -- maybe perhaps BI and Kuz are not injured
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

'Day-to-day' LeBron and the challenges of disclosing NBA injuries

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25824205/lebron-injury-nba-reporting-protocols
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:16 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
drae wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
Are all ya'll still feeling good about LeBron coming back vs Minnesota? Just asking.

He did 5v5 non-contact practice yesterday. That progresses to full contact, then he plays. He's close. I don't see why you continue to think he's a long way off

Because I'm not going by what's being reported. This is a serious injury. Not a day-to-day, weekly re-evaluation injury.

You don't have to go off what's reported, you just have to use a bit of common sense in the evaluations. It's been over 4 weeks since he went down, it's not a grade 3 strain or anything more serious, a grade 2 strain is up to 6 weeks recovery, so return should be imminent.

Aren't the evaluations coming from what's being reported?

They're not reporting the entire truth about LeBron's injury. And if they're not reporting the entire truth, then you're basing your common sense on something that is not entirely true.

If what they're reporting is not entirely true, then you are being misled. And if they are deliberately misleading you, they're trying to cover something up. If they're trying to cover up something, there's a reason why. And there are plenty of reasons why they're covering up the severity of LeBron's injury...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject:

Kookie Monster wrote:
drae wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
drae wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
Are all ya'll still feeling good about LeBron coming back vs Minnesota? Just asking.

He did 5v5 non-contact practice yesterday. That progresses to full contact, then he plays. He's close. I don't see why you continue to think he's a long way off

Because I'm not going by what's being reported. This is a serious injury. Not a day-to-day, weekly re-evaluation injury.

You don't have to go off what's reported, you just have to use a bit of common sense in the evaluations. It's been over 4 weeks since he went down, it's not a grade 3 strain or anything more serious, a grade 2 strain is up to 6 weeks recovery, so return should be imminent.

Aren't the evaluations coming from what's being reported?

They're not reporting the entire truth about LeBron's injury. And if they're not reporting the entire truth, then you're basing your common sense on something that is not entirely true.

If what they're reporting is not entirely true, then you are being misled. And if they are deliberately misleading you, they're trying to cover something up. If they're trying to cover up something, there's a reason why. And there are plenty of reasons why they're covering up the severity of LeBron's injury...

You're basing you're conclusion on the assumption that we base our evaluations on what's reported. That's actually not true. From visible evidence on the timeline of when he's up and about and starting training we can rule out almost everything other than a low to mid range groin strain. He came back to early for it to be a sports hernia which calls for rehab of over 4 weeks before even getting back on the court, the level of pain and debilitation is not severe enough for a grade 3 groin strain.

Here's an exercise for you. Okay it's not a grade 2 groin strain, tell us what it could be.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject:

If anyone wants to know why I'm not surprised by Lebron's absence, back on December 25th I wrote:

It was only a few games, and it was described as tightness which is a grade 1. He finished out the game, mild discomfort, didn't hinder his abilities much.

The more I think about it the more I think Lebron has a grade 2.

http://lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=182006&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=23575

This is because a grade 1 strain is almost not noticeable, just mild discomfort, whereas Lebron was in a bit of pain which looked like a moderate strain to me. So I'm not surprised he's missed this amount of time, grade 2 was what I feared when I first saw it. I got sucked into their "day to day" comments and trusted them more than I should have it seems
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Not denying James’ greatness. Watching him every game has been enlightening in both good and bad ways. His contributions are impressive, but his uninspired defense and iso domination of a young developing team is counterproductive IMO. Are we judging him as we would any other max FA or as a Lakers marketing cash cow for his final seasons.

The team's defensive rating is 106.7.

James' defensive rating is 104.5. The team's defense is 2.2 points better with him on the court.

The only players with a better defensive rating are Chandler, Hart, Rondo, and Zubac, and Zubac/Rondo have played only 300+ minutes this season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

Yellow wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Not denying James’ greatness. Watching him every game has been enlightening in both good and bad ways. His contributions are impressive, but his uninspired defense and iso domination of a young developing team is counterproductive IMO. Are we judging him as we would any other max FA or as a Lakers marketing cash cow for his final seasons.

The team's defensive rating is 106.7.

James' defensive rating is 104.5. The team's defense is 2.2 points better with him on the court.

The only players with a better defensive rating are Chandler, Hart, Rondo, and Zubac, and Zubac/Rondo have played only 300+ minutes this season.

Yeah, but it's clear he's no longer going to put in a game to game effort on that end, which is understandable given his age/offensive load.

I think we (and the young core) will have a newfound appreciation for him when he's back. Hopefully that's sooner rather than later.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Feels like the Lakers keep lying to us about severity of injuries. There is no way the MRI showed 0 tears and that is was just a mild STRAIN. That pop he heard is more accurate of how severe the injury was. I don't expect him back until after AS break hopefully.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Feels like the Lakers keep lying to us about severity of injuries. There is no way the MRI showed 0 tears and that is was just a mild STRAIN. That pop he heard is more accurate of how severe the injury was. I don't expect him back until after AS break hopefully.

Speaking of lying, the timeline of a grade 3 ankle strain (Lonzo), is up to 12 weeks (not the 4-6 they've been saying) xD

I still think Lebron has a grade 2 and should be back this week or next. They seem to be being extra, extra cautious with it given the likelihood of reinjury and that Lebron's here for 4 years and that this was a throwaway season
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Speaking of lying, the timeline of a grade 3 ankle strain (Lonzo), is up to 12 weeks (not the 4-6 they've been saying) xD

I still think Lebron has a grade 2 and should be back this week or next. They seem to be being extra, extra cautious with it given the likelihood of reinjury and that Lebron's here for 4 years and that this was a throwaway season

Yeah there is 0% chance Zo is back within 6 weeks. I see him likely needing surgery for a full recovery.

I have no problem with being cautious especially with high level assets but the lying about the severity of injury and the timetable for return is BS.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Captains LeBron, Giannis highlight starters for NBA All-Star 2019
Leonard, Embiid, Walker and Irving complete the East squad while Durant, Curry, Harden and George make up the West

http://www.nba.com/article/2019/01/24/captains-lebron-giannis-headline-2019-all-star-starters

2019 NBA All-Star Game Starters, LeBron James & Giannis Antetokounmpo Voted Team Captains

https://www.lakersnation.com/2019-nba-all-star-game-starters-lebron-james-captain-giannis-antetokounmpo-votes/2019/01/24/
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Lonzo might be out for 12 weeks? (bleep) THIS SEASON
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

In the article the writer compared Lonzo against a couple of other grade 3 ankle sprains in the nba, given 4-8 weeks time to recover. One took 9 weeks the other took 12, neither needed surgery. If recent past is a good indicator we won't see Lonzo for about 10 weeks give or take

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2019/01/24/la-lakers-injury-news-lonzo-ball-grade-3-ankle-sprain-timetable-return-date-editorial/

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
drae wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Lonzo might be out for 12 weeks? (bleep) THIS SEASON

From everything I've seen, a grade 2 ankle sprain is up to 6 weeks. I don't understand how Lonzo can be grade 3, be on crutches, have to be carried out of the stadium, and have a minimum recovery time of 4 weeks.

Some people say grade 3 is automatically months of recovery
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

As all star captain, I suggest Lebron pick all of the upcoming free agents in the next two off seasons.

Kawhi and Davis should be first.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
As all star captain, I suggest Lebron pick all of the upcoming free agents in the next two off seasons.

Kawhi and Davis should be first.

It'd be funny if his first choice is Kyrie xD Think of the reactions and hot takes
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Feels good to have a Laker in the All Star game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 980, 981, 982 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 981 of 2086
Jump to: