The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1023, 1024, 1025 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CHAMP24 wrote:
I have no agenda. I like winning and I expect our superstar to leave it all on the court, every game. I am not a box score analyst. Eye test always.

how did you manage to watch the terrible product the past 5 years then?

Leave him alone Yin. He said he’s not a box score analyst. It took everything he had to figure out how to sign in and type “3-6”. 😝 Let him have his glorious mic drop moment.

Last 5 years were horrible on the eyes though. Maybe the eyes no longer exist for the eye test.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

This is not complicated.

Lebron James is a very accomplished player. He's a quality scorer, rebounder, and is great with assists.

Lebron James is not good for the development and success of this current Lakers team. Lebron is more suited for a successful team with established star players, and whom are close to winning it all.

I believe the desire was to obtain Lebron and anticipate Lonzo doing well, and Ingram having a breakout year. That would have been enough to get us into the playoffs. However, neither has happened. Still, the plan was to get Lebron this year, develop our young core, and secure a max FA during the off season.

Then the AD situation erupted, and everything went south. The inclination is to assume, due to his association with Klutch, that Lebron initiated this drive to get AD. But the cost of getting AD was 1) sacrificing the young core we had began the year promoting and 2) relying on a Western Conf rival to actually HELP US GET BETTER, which makes no sense. Both of the aforementioned were bad choices to pursue, and yet they were pursed, and as expected, it didn't work out.

We then had to deal with a series of injuries to key players.

At this point, it seems Lebron is no longer willing to put forth a full effort to helping this Laker team achieve the playoffs. He's still a top player in the NBA, so there's no questioning his skill set. But his desire to be with this young group is very shaky, as he pubically announced he'd like to play with AD.

So, there we are. Our only superstar has checked out. Our young core is mentally shaken. Our head coach doesn't feel supported. Our front office is being attacked from all angles. And arguably, all of this started by having Lebron James on this team.

The question is, how do we solve this?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

When Wilt joined the Lakers, he joined Elgin Baylor and Jerry West. Though LBJ won 3 championships prior to joining the Lakers, Wilt didn't exactly join a team with an empty cupboard (all-star wise) as LBJ did this year.

The calamity is of course partially LBJ's fault, but also the FO in believing that they could construct a team that didn't have another bona fide all star, and the ludicrous belief that KCP/Lance/Rondo would suffice for one.

If the Lakers had PG13 or another all star, we wouldn't be lamenting this like we are now.

And yes, LBJ is prone to pouting and being manipulative when things aren't going his way. So the on court product has been poor and the AD trade failed, so he's pouting about a lot of things.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
This is not complicated.

Lebron James is a very accomplished player. He's a quality scorer, rebounder, and is great with assists.

Lebron James is not good for the development and success of this current Lakers team. Lebron is more suited for a successful team with established star players, and whom are close to winning it all.

I believe the desire was to obtain Lebron and anticipate Lonzo doing well, and Ingram having a breakout year. That would have been enough to get us into the playoffs. However, neither has happened. Still, the plan was to get Lebron this year, develop our young core, and secure a max FA during the off season.

Then the AD situation erupted, and everything went south. The inclination is to assume, due to his association with Klutch, that Lebron initiated this drive to get AD. But the cost of getting AD was 1) sacrificing the young core we had began the year promoting and 2) relying on a Western Conf rival to actually HELP US GET BETTER, which makes no sense. Both of the aforementioned were bad choices to pursue, and yet they were pursed, and as expected, it didn't work out.

At this point, it seems Lebron is no longer willing to put forth a full effort to helping this Laker team achieve the playoffs. He's still a top player in the NBA, so there's no questioning his skill set. But his desire to be with this young group is very shaky, as he pubically announced he'd like to play with AD.

So, there we are. Our only superstar has checked out. Our young core is mentally shaken. Our head coach doesn't feel supported. Our front office is being attacked from all angles. And arguably, all of this started by having Lebron James on this team.

I think this season has cemented in the fact we have no Simmons,Embiid,Kat, Kyrie level prospects on our team and are not good enough as a whole to assume they are a championship core in the future. We might as well sell high on them before their rookie contracts expire and get more win now help for Lebron. That is our best chance at a championship.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I think this season has cemented in the fact we have no Simmons,Embiid,Kat, Kyrie level prospects on our team and are not good enough as a whole to assume they are a championship core in the future. We might as well sell high on them before their rookie contracts expire and get more win now help for Lebron. That is our best chance at a championship.

Well, not sure I'd sell them all, but I agree that we do not have Embiid/Simmons level guys.

The disconnect is that the FO is forcing guys like BI/Kuz to be a #2 option on a playoff team when they're not ready for it.
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

The disconnect is that our young core is a tier above G leaguers in terms of talent but have a "possibility" of being all star talent.

However, I dont see that happening with BI. Lonzo is injured, Kuzma can get nuclear hot but cant rebound or play defense and Josh Hart has regressed to YMCA ball.

All of this happened prior to trade rumors - our core was never as good as we hoped it to be and Lebron James has exposed that.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

With the money he makes off the court, I think he missed an opportunity here in LA. How much do you really want to be considered GOAT? Is there a minimum salary rule for a player over 10 yrs? What ever the minimum is, it would have been less than $20 mil right? Just think about that! Even at $20 mil per year, you living large even without the off court endorsements. That's $15 more million to get you more help. That would have been an amazing statement.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
troy wrote:
This is not complicated.

There isn't really a chance for a championship right now. You trade all the young guys and you'll have no depth. Can a 35-year-old Lebron, Davis, and a Kyrie that can't stay healthy with no support win a championship? I don't know but I don't think so personally. If Warriors lose 2 guys possibly. However, 76ers and Bucks will only get better in the east and so will teams like Jazz, Nuggets, and a few more.

The best bet right now is to sign Davis in 2020. Lebron will be older but if you have Davis, Lebron, + another star while keeping the depth of a good part of the core which hopefully develops then you can contend.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
With the money he makes off the court, I think he missed an opportunity here in LA. How much do you really want to be considered GOAT? Is there a minimum salary rule for a player over 10 yrs? What ever the minimum is, it would have been less than $20 mil right? Just think about that! Even at $20 mil per year, you living large even without the off court endorsements. That's $15 mil more million to get you more help. That would have been an amazing statement.

Not even Kobe took a discount.

Duncan/Dirk did, but to each their own. I can't fault someone for taking the max $, especially when Magic was basically giving him a blank checkbook.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
With the money he makes off the court, I think he missed an opportunity here in LA. How much do you really want to be considered GOAT? Is there a minimum salary rule for a player over 10 yrs? What ever the minimum is, it would have been less than $20 mil right? Just think about that! Even at $20 mil per year, you living large even without the off court endorsements. That's $15 mil more million to get you more help. That would have been an amazing statement.

Duncan/Dirk did, but to each their own. I can't fault someone for taking the max $, especially when Magic was basically giving him a blank checkbook.

can't complain or condemn when Kobe never took a discount imo
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

No player in NBA history worked as hard as Kobe did to perfect their craft and condition their body - EVER.

Kobe, regardless of how beat up he was heading into that final contract, absolutely dedicated every cell in his body to the Lakers.

He deserved every penny of that contract.

The amount of heart Kobe played with, even til his last game, is unmatched for eternity.

We lost a true great when he retired.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Thee Black Mamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

No player in NBA history worked as hard as Kobe did to perfect their craft and condition their body - EVER.

Kobe, regardless of how beat up he was heading into that final contract, absolutely dedicated every cell in his body to the Lakers.

He deserved every penny of that contract.

The amount of heart Kobe played with, even til his last game, is unmatched for eternity.

We lost a true great when he retired.

That's the point. Kobe was adamant about guys taking max value. LBJ has now advocated the same. So to say LBJ should have taken way less than market value just because is not convincing, especially when LBJ was probably the top player last year in the NBA.

Dirk/Tim were nowhere near the top 10-15 players when they took massive paycuts.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
When Wilt joined the Lakers, he joined Elgin Baylor and Jerry West. Though LBJ won 3 championships prior to joining the Lakers, Wilt didn't exactly join a team with an empty cupboard (all-star wise) as LBJ did this year.

The calamity is of course partially LBJ's fault, but also the FO in believing that they could construct a team that didn't have another bona fide all star, and the ludicrous belief that KCP/Lance/Rondo would suffice for one.

If the Lakers had PG13 or another all star, we wouldn't be lamenting this like we are now.

And yes, LBJ is prone to pouting and being manipulative when things aren't going his way. So the on court product has been poor and the AD trade failed, so he's pouting about a lot of things.

So, what is your solution to move forward?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The 2 max player solution is the only solution now going forward. Pretty obvious.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Stay with the 2nd max FA.

You can keep the YUTES or trade them for a 3rd star. When they jumped the process and went for AD first, seems to me an indication that they are not confident about getting that 2nd max FA (at least the top guys like KD, KL, etc.).
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

MustardJam wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
troy wrote:
This is not complicated.

There isn't really a chance for a championship right now. You trade all the young guys and you'll have no depth. Can a 35-year-old Lebron, Davis, and a Kyrie that can't stay healthy with no support win a championship? I don't know but I don't think so personally. If Warriors lose 2 guys possibly. However, 76ers and Bucks will only get better in the east and so will teams like Jazz, Nuggets, and a few more.

The best bet right now is to sign Davis in 2020. Lebron will be older but if you have Davis, Lebron, + another star while keeping the depth of a good part of the core which hopefully develops then you can contend.

assuming Durant leaves the Warriors, yes the Lakers would be championship favorites with that team and Im sure they will be able to fill out the roster with serviceable players.
Much more solid and materialized odds than punting yet another season and gambling that our young core will get their act together by then.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

MustardJam wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
troy wrote:
This is not complicated.

This is actually a good point. Teams like the 76'ers, Bucks, the nuggets, to an extent, the raptors, are all poised to take over once the Warriors start to falter. The thing is, those teams are playing and gelling now, while we are fumbling. By the time we get Lebron and another superstar here, and get them playing right together, those teams I just mentioned will be solid, and it will be harder for us to make a run at anything. And remember, Lebron is getting older. And I don't think a 37- 38 year old Lebron will be enough.

If we don't make a solid move now to get YOUNGER, BETTER, and HUNGRIER, we may not find ourselves in the Finals for several years to come.

Yes, it's that bleak.

Last edited by troy on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What the hell is a YUTE?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
What the hell is a YUTE?

My man, you gotta watch My Cousin Vinny. Then you'll know.

But YUTES = young core.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
MustardJam wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
troy wrote:
This is not complicated.

assuming Durant leaves the Warriors, yes the Lakers would be championship favorites with that team and Im sure they will be able to fill out the roster with serviceable players.
Much more solid and materialized odds than punting yet another season and gambling that our young core will get their act together by then.

But this means wasting yet another year, while the likes of Denver, Philly, and the Bucks just keep getting better and more used to playing off each other.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There are 2 paths that I see:

1) STFU, eat the losses and attempt to sign a max this offseason and see what happens
2) STFU, eat the losses, attempt to get something for all/part of the core this offseason and sign some more one year rentals and see what happens

What else can you do with an aging mega star. You can't ship him out, he is worth too much in revenue just cause his name, and he also produces insane numbers on the court. Your only option is to build around him. I'm almost sure now BI has to go regardless of max free agent this off season or not. He only has a year left on his rookie deal and the Lakers can't have another Randle situation.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I don't think LBJ is fully back from his injury yet. So one more week of taking it easy hopefully helps. I hope he doesn't play too many minutes in the ASG and elects to be the player GM, I mean coach.

But make no mistake, we may need playoff LBJ now just to make the playoffs.
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:
Are people on here actually talking about how they wish we didn’t sign Lebron or wishing we’d trade him? What is wrong with you people? Dude’s coming back from an injury and AVERAGING a triple double while playing for the most infuriatingly inept coach of all time.

But but but he’s not playing defense, and his body language and he’s blaming everyone else.

Yeah I would too. What’s he supposed to do? Play top level defense at 34 and still literally BE the offense since we have no offensive or defensive identity or schemes whatsoever.

Does he coast on D during regular season? Sure, but his DWS and DBPM are higher than Ingram’s and you guys seem to think he’s an awesome defender. Lebron is actually 22nd in the league in defensive win shares. His defensive rating is better than Ingram’s and only .1 worse than Lonzo’s.

Stop blaming Lebron for this team’s problems. He can’t do magic. This team’s problems fall squarely on the FO and their ridiculous unwavering belief in Luke when anyone with two brain cells firing can absolutely tell he’s a horrific coach. Good attitude and being player-friendly only gets you so far.

We’re behaving like spoiled children that finally got the toy they wanted and whined about and now wanna throw it away cause it’s not as perfect as we thought it’d be.

I see what you did there
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Isn't it crazy how we beat the Celtics a little over a week ago?

That seems like an eternity.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think LBJ is fully back from his injury yet. So one more week of taking it easy hopefully helps. I hope he doesn't play too many minutes in the ASG and elects to be the player GM, I mean coach.

But make no mistake, we may need playoff LBJ now just to make the playoffs.

Agreed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1023, 1024, 1025 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1024 of 2086
Jump to: