The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1026, 1027, 1028 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

Trying to match Zion pound for pound...b/c vertically, not even close.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

He's slower and bulkier than he was on December 25th. That injury was definitely worse than they reported. Hopefully this AS break gives him time to go down to Miami and "rehab" more. We need him to turn on playoff Bron early just to make it
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Even Lebron's biggest detractors here have to acknowledge one thing - legacy matters to him. If you think he's okay with having it put on his resume that he missed the playoffs this year and all the media-driven BS that goes with that, you're kidding yourself. So self-preservation alone won't allow him to check out the rest of the season. Clearly he wasn't 100% or close to it before the ASB, but I'm expecting a rested Lebron to go all out for the last 25 games, for better or worse.

Meh. He could've shut everyone up going to Philly and winning a few titles. Don't think he's worried about that stuff anymore.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

Is he moving to the 5 full time, and that's another reason we traded Zu?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Even Lebron's biggest detractors here have to acknowledge one thing - legacy matters to him. If you think he's okay with having it put on his resume that he missed the playoffs this year and all the media-driven BS that goes with that, you're kidding yourself. So self-preservation alone won't allow him to check out the rest of the season. Clearly he wasn't 100% or close to it before the ASB, but I'm expecting a rested Lebron to go all out for the last 25 games, for better or worse.

Meh. He could've shut everyone up going to Philly and winning a few titles. Don't think he's worried about that stuff anymore.

I don't think he necessarily would kill to win a title anymore. But I also don't think he wants to lose and embarrass himself to the extent his legacy his tarnished in any way.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Kyrie shouldnt even be in this discussion

Lebrons true respect came when he went back to cleveland and won a chip. also taking last year's team to the finals. But going to Miami and teaming with Wade and Bosh is an example of what Scottie is talking about.

Clutch Gene players like Allen Iverson, Dirk, Kobe, Duncan, Westbrook, Giannis..don't keep searching for Hall of famers to join them so they can win. They will their team to finals and victories.

Kobe almost took a scrub team to upset the #2 sun's
Iverson took a team to the finals
Dirk, Duncan etc

Westbrook resigned an extension with OKC even after KD left. Gianni's has been quoted many time saying he doesn't work out with guys because he's competitive.

Kobe never faced a team with 5 all stars from the previous year. Also Westbrook isn't a clutch gene player lol

Westbrook went to the finals with Durant and Harden and couldn't seal the deal. And is now playing with PG

Kobe didn’t beat a superteam?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

He's foolish if he thinks he can just coast off into the sunset. The media and NBA fans have massive recency bias and if Bron's LA tenure doesn't produce a championship it will tarnish his legacy greatly. Just like post achilles Kobe.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
He's foolish if he thinks he can just coast off into the sunset. The media and NBA fans have massive recency bias and if Bron's LA tenure doesn't produce a championship it will tarnish his legacy greatly. Just like post achilles Kobe.

Kobe had an excuse due to a major injury that pretty much ended careers before. I don't think his legacy was tarnished much ultimately, if at all.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

Bron need to deliver a ring for sure or he’d be the only ‘superstar’ with no banner

Kobe legacy secured as hell man, the only thing people remember post Achilles is him dropping 60 and drop the mic
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

I doubt Lebron needs another ring to secure his legacy. He's 34, going to be 35 next season, which realistically could be the first, brief opening of a championship window if the Warriors dismantle. So it depends on what kind of a roster we end up with after this summer, but looking at what Maginka have done so far, I'm not exactly hopeful. If they somehow get the second star, we keep some or most of the kids that are left, and put together a half-decent bench - sure, I'd raise the bar to WCF next season and a championship the next.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I doubt Lebron needs another ring to secure his legacy. He's 34, going to be 35 next season, which realistically could be the first, brief opening of a championship window if the Warriors dismantle. So it depends on what kind of a roster we end up with after this summer, but looking at what Maginka have done so far, I'm not exactly hopeful. If they somehow get the second star, we keep some or most of the kids that are left, and put together a half-decent bench - sure, I'd raise the bar to WCF next season and a championship the next.

West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, Pau... all banner team
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Dude has to get back on defense. I don't care what you do on offense, if we have to play 4 on 5 on defense we're going to give up as much points as we're getting. Or more
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, Pau... all banner team

Nash, Payton, Lebron, Malone, Howard..... no banner team if he keeps playing with this lack of intensity.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

LBJ's Lakers legacy will be a complicated discussion.

He'll need at least 1 ring, maybe 2. Wilt played 5 years with the Lakers with 1 ring and his jersey was retired. Maybe he's the precedent for LBJ.

For both the Lakers and LBJ's sake I obviously hope he gets that.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

If he get's 1, he's in, for sure. Even if he doesn't, he may get in just so the Lakers have something to celebrate about ($$$)
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

I thought the discussion was about his overall legacy. That doesn't take a hit unless he can't make the playoffs or can't compete once he gets there. Establishing his Laker legacy, though...that's a tall task, given how far off we are today.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is not going to coast the rest of his career. One more ring and a lot of people are going to declare him the GOAT and they might not be wrong after that. He has a lot to play for still.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Lebron is not going to coast the rest of his career. One more ring and a lot of people are going to declare him the GOAT and they might not be wrong after that. He has a lot to play for still.

GOAT? MJ says 6 rings is the hardest streak.

Lebron just needs just 1 ring to get a banner and statue. How many NBA stars LED 3 or more teams to a championship?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Kobe had an excuse due to a major injury that pretty much ended careers before. I don't think his legacy was tarnished much ultimately, if at all.

It did change the perspective of his career to younger fans and newer media members (selfish inefficient chucker etc). He gets mad disrespect from those 2 groups because they only saw his post achilles self. Lebron could have a similar situation if he flames out in LA.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

People who think Rich Paul is a demon should go check this thread out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/aqxvhl/i_see_no_lies/
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

“It really angered me that there was that much of the ‘LeBron’s the GM’ narrative simply because it worked against our team.” - Former Cavs GM @dg_riff

https://twitter.com/ballislife/status/1096399297095057409
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

That's nice of David Griffin to come out and say that when he really doesn't stand to benefit either way. It's been hard to ignore the "Lebron the GM" noise, but maybe it's been overblown just a bit? Too bad the kids won't believe it and team chemistry is already shot.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
That's nice of David Griffin to come out and say that when he really doesn't stand to benefit either way. It's been hard to ignore the "Lebron the GM" noise, but maybe it's been overblown just a bit? Too bad the kids won't believe it and team chemistry is already shot.

David Griffin is a good guy and also helped build the Cavs up with some really smart moves. He was a really good GM. Unfortunately the Cavs owner is probably the cheapest GM around and lets GMs go when they ask to get paid a decent wage

Cavs fans still annoyed about that
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I thought the discussion was about his overall legacy. That doesn't take a hit unless he can't make the playoffs or can't compete once he gets there. Establishing his Laker legacy, though...that's a tall task, given how far off we are today.

I think his legacy is pretty secure... Only way I see it taking a hit if he somehow blows a series lead in the finals against an underdog.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1026, 1027, 1028 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1027 of 2082
Jump to: