The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1034, 1035, 1036 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This is put up or shut up for LBJ.

He's an all time great, and these next 25 games will be important for his legacy b/c you know he personally doesn't want to have a missed playoffs argument against him.

I actually expect playoff LBJ to be unveiled for the final 25 games. Unfortunately, that'll likely mean we have a short playoff run but I think he's going to do everything to get the team in.

Let’s hope he shows more fire than he did those last few games after his injury. That looked like a man you finally had his shoulder tapped by Father Time saying “gimme a few minutes, I’ll be right back lebron”
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He's an all time great, and these next 25 games will be important for his legacy b/c you know he personally doesn't want to have a missed playoffs argument against him.

I actually expect playoff LBJ to be unveiled for the final 25 games. Unfortunately, that'll likely mean we have a short playoff run but I think he's going to do everything to get the team in.

Let’s hope he shows more fire than he did those last few games after his injury. That looked like a man you finally had his shoulder tapped by Father Time saying “gimme a few minutes, I’ll be right back lebron”

You could tell it was post-injury and he wasn't able to keep up his conditioning. Agree that injuries take a toll when older, but I actually do expect to see a rejuvenated LBJ. He's in the rarified GOAT discussion and not making the playoffs after his big FA move would be another pebble weighed in favor of another GOAT candidate.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

I hope you are right about him delivering on the playoffs. Long overdue for the Lakers.

It will take more then James dominating the ball though. It will take him being a leader and pulling a dysfunctional team together. It will take the team to communicate and consistently play some stellar defense we know they can at times. Other players have to be up to the task too. Young players and vets alike. It will take the coaches keeping it all together every single game.

Lakers and James have backed themselves into a very difficult corner. Making up 3 games over he last 25 will not be easy with their schedule. Certainly need James to be close to the dominant player of years past but this has to be an entire team challenge. They all should feel they have something to prove.

Hope they do. Go Lakers!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I hope you are right about him delivering on the playoffs. Long overdue for the Lakers.

It will take more then James dominating the ball though. It will take him being a leader and pulling a dysfunctional team together. It will take the team to communicate and consistently play some stellar defense we know they can at times. Other players have to be up to the task too. Young players and vets alike. It will take the coaches keeping it all together every single game.

Lakers and James have backed themselves into a very difficult corner. Making up 3 games over he last 25 will not be easy with their schedule. Certainly need James to be close to the dominant player of years past but this has to be an entire team challenge. They all should feel they have something to prove.

Hope they do. Go Lakers!

They were 4th in the WC when all the wheels were turning with LBJ leading the team. We have been decimated by injuries to LBJ, Lonzo and Rondo. Hopefully last 25 games we have the full squad together.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Scottie is 100% correct. LeBron doesn't want the ball unless there is no possible way he will fail. LeBron thrives as an underdog because there is always a built-in excuse for him to point to. Over the years, this is why LeBron and his fans will ALWAYS find a way to downplay his teammates, coaches, or overall situation.

Scottie is just disgusted... It's like damn dude... Go get that damn ball and win this game. You're playing the Hawks man. These are opportunities for expand your game. But LeBron seems to view it as a burden and that's why he'll never be a top tier GOAT.

He's not willing to put himself on the line unless there is nothing to lose.

Scott passed the ball like a hot potato to Paxson for that Finals winner in 93 and Mike said in an interview that he and Grant were crying for more opportunity in the clutch and when they got the ball, they passed it up immediately. He's not the one to talk about clutch play. Phil didn't even trust him in those situations, so how is he gonna talk about other players' clutch abilities. He got bumped from Houston after fumbling away Gm 1, as well. Ham Hands was the Houston Chronicle's name for him. He choked at the end of Gm 7 2000 after talking loads of S and instigating scrums with Fox, Phil calling him a jackal after he yapped at our bench after the Gm 2 loss. Attacked a stack of towels after Harp and Kobe pulled off clutch plays. Dunleavy didn't draw up the last shot for him either. They went to Sabonis who was as heavy and slow as an elephant.

Where did I say Scottie was clutch? I never said that at all. However, Scottie sat front row to His Airness and knows exactly what it feels like as a teammate when a superstar fills his shoes he's supposed to fill instead of withering under pressure or finding an excuse not to live up to expectations. I bet Scottie is speaking from personal experience as he was once thought to be almost as important to the Bulls as MJ.

LeBron is Scottie... Scottie is LeBron.

And yes... I vividly remember Scottie getting pissed at those towels.

But I also remember Scottie yamming on the Bullets team to close out a playoff series. Scottie's back was never the same after doing that.

I am surprised I was able to find this...

And really... Scottie in Houston was a joke. That entire team was old and couldn't run or jump anymore.

I wasn't arguing with you, just adding to. I may differ w/ your take, but I was more attacking Scott than you, trust. I see Scottie Pippen's name and I go on rantz. He triggers me. He was a fantastic player, but he acts more 1A than he actually was. Talking to Shaq, for ex. GOH, Pip!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

WE WANT TACOS wrote:
Popeyes > KFC

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You could tell it was post-injury and he wasn't able to keep up his conditioning. Agree that injuries take a toll when older, but I actually do expect to see a rejuvenated LBJ. He's in the rarified GOAT discussion and not making the playoffs after his big FA move would be another pebble weighed in favor of another GOAT candidate.

I disagree, with rookies in the FO Lebron has his get out of jail free card. If he doesn’t reach the Finals here I guarantee that the spin will be it’s because an inexperienced FO couldn’t build a team around him. It is never Lebron’s fault.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I disagree, with rookies in the FO Lebron has his get out of jail free card. If he doesn’t reach the Finals here I guarantee that the spin will be it’s because an inexperienced FO couldn’t build a team around him. It is never Lebron’s fault.

Disagree with your disagreement. If you track the asinine "who is GOAT" discussions, the arguments depend on the smallest of margins, (i.e. people nitpicking Kobe for missing the playoffs in 2004-05). LBJ missing the playoffs after his big FA move, that will be heavily used against LBJ in those kinds of arguments. I think it would be a mark against his otherwise great career.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I was wondering what i should get for lunch. Turns out im getting popeyes
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
I was wondering what i should get for lunch. Turns out im getting popeyes

Tuesday 2 piece special used to be my weekly ritual but the price more than doubled over the years
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

The problem is they need to get 7th seed or better. Making the playoffs is cool and all but getting swept by the Warriors isn’t.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

MustardJam wrote:
The problem is they need to get 7th seed or better. Making the playoffs is cool and all but getting swept by the Warriors isn’t.

That's not even the part they need to be worried about. They just need to worry about getting in.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
MustardJam wrote:

That's not even the part they need to be worried about. They just need to worry about getting in.

It would’ve been a lot easier if they had traded for KL or AD.
It’s pretty funny. Some of you posted that it was more important to save the Yutes, but are now clamoring that Lebron needs to get the Lakers into the playoffs.

The ship has sailed. The Lakers don’t have the weapons against Golden State. If Lebron plays too hard, he’s going to pop his achilles like Kobe.
AncientMariner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Disagree with your disagreement. If you track the asinine "who is GOAT" discussions, the arguments depend on the smallest of margins, (i.e. people nitpicking Kobe for missing the playoffs in 2004-05). LBJ missing the playoffs after his big FA move, that will be heavily used against LBJ in those kinds of arguments. I think it would be a mark against his otherwise great career.

No offense, I think you're reading a little much into it to fit your narrative. Few would use that argument because they can already say he's 3-6 in the Finals. If the Lakers miss the playoffs this year, 5 years from now no one will care or remember outside Lakers fans. His Eastern Conference competition is a stronger argument than him missing the playoffs one season IMO. His legacy is all but set and any chips here on out is icing on the cake. The people who have MJ as GOAT aren't budging.

No one brings up Kobe missing the playoffs in a GOAT discussion, they don't need to. He has less rings and a worse record in the Finals than MJ. Same as LBJ. Those arguments as you say are mostly asinine, so why would LBJ GAF?

That being said I don't agree LeBron gets a pass all the time, he gets plenty of scrutiny as well.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

SuperNutZ wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Let’s go. Buckling up for a wild 25 game finish. At the end of the day this is supposed to be entertainment.

No dammit Yin. Stop trying to keep the peace.

Kobe or Lebron
DLO or Ball
KFC or Popeyes

You must choose a side and argue it to death with hundreds of people you don’t know!!!

😝

You're going too far with the KFC vs Popeyes .
This is KFC country

I seriously have to ask, is this a troll move? I can't imagine anyone choosing KFC over Popeyes.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject:

AncientMariner wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No offense, I think you're reading a little much into it to fit your narrative. Few would use that argument because they can already say he's 3-6 in the Finals. If the Lakers miss the playoffs this year, 5 years from now no one will care or remember outside Lakers fans. His Eastern Conference competition is a stronger argument than him missing the playoffs one season IMO. His legacy is all but set and any chips here on out is icing on the cake. The people who have MJ as GOAT aren't budging.

No one brings up Kobe missing the playoffs in a GOAT discussion, they don't need to. He has less rings and a worse record in the Finals than MJ. Same as LBJ. Those arguments as you say are mostly asinine, so why would LBJ GAF?

That being said I don't agree LeBron gets a pass all the time, he gets plenty of scrutiny as well.

I everytime I hear that Lebron never gets the blame and gets a pass all the time...
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
WE WANT TACOS wrote:
Popeyes > KFC

+1
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

The problem isn't LeBron, he's been great pretty much all season....

Lonzo - has to really work on his body again this summer along with his shot - he is missing waaaaay to much game time each season due to injury

BI - get's a lot of flack but has been a pretty decent jack of all trades this year, also needs to work a ton on his shot

Kuzma - has to become a better defender

Hart - probably the biggest disappointment, it just seems like he's really regressed on all fronts

For us to make it coaches need to do a better job and the young players really have to bring it
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
The problem isn't LeBron, he's been great pretty much all season....

Lonzo - has to really work on his body again this summer along with his shot - he is missing waaaaay to much game time each season due to injury

BI - get's a lot of flack but has been a pretty decent jack of all trades this year, also needs to work a ton on his shot

Kuzma - has to become a better defender

Hart - probably the biggest disappointment, it just seems like he's really regressed on all fronts

For us to make it coaches need to do a better job and the young players really have to bring it

Injury is wreaking havoc on many of our guards, especially these two. Not sure what they need to do to fix that, though.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:

Knee tendinitis is pretty unpleasant and takes a while to heal up.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
SuperNutZ wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Let’s go. Buckling up for a wild 25 game finish. At the end of the day this is supposed to be entertainment.

Kobe or Lebron
DLO or Ball
KFC or Popeyes

You must choose a side and argue it to death with hundreds of people you don’t know!!!

😝

This is KFC country

I seriously have to ask, is this a troll move? I can't imagine anyone choosing KFC over Popeyes.

The biscuits are better. For everything else I'll go with Popeyes.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
SuperNutZ wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kobe or Lebron
DLO or Ball
KFC or Popeyes

😝

This is KFC country

KFC biscuits are better? gotta disagree my friend. Might be different taste, disregard my comment if offended but do whites prefer KFC and minorities prefer Popeye? cause I like popeye more
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
SuperNutZ wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kobe or Lebron
DLO or Ball
KFC or Popeyes

😝

This is KFC country

KFC biscuits are better? gotta disagree my friend. Might be different taste, disregard my comment if offended but do whites prefer KFC and minorities prefer Popeye? cause I like popeye more

I personally don't like either although between the two Popeyes is a LITTLE better. Regardless, I rather not have fast food fried chicken. I'll stick to Wendys.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think so. I'd be shocked if any blame is put on LBJ. This will be spun his way..just like everything is. If you can spin him leaving an old Miami team to play with an upcoming superstar in Kyrie and at the time top 5 guy in Klove into "he wanted to come home and win" ...anything is possible.

Keep in mind when he joined forces with Kyrie + Klove the Gstate dynasty was yet to take full flight. LBJ thought he would be forming another dynasty but Gstate came in and robbed him of that.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
SuperNutZ wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kobe or Lebron
DLO or Ball
KFC or Popeyes

😝

This is KFC country

Well I'm half white and half mexican so this theory checks out. half of me likes both but I'm not 100% to either
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1034, 1035, 1036 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1035 of 2079
Jump to: