The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1035, 1036, 1037 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
This is put up or shut up for LBJ.

He's an all time great, and these next 25 games will be important for his legacy b/c you know he personally doesn't want to have a missed playoffs argument against him.

I actually expect playoff LBJ to be unveiled for the final 25 games. Unfortunately, that'll likely mean we have a short playoff run but I think he's going to do everything to get the team in.

Let’s hope he shows more fire than he did those last few games after his injury. That looked like a man you finally had his shoulder tapped by Father Time saying “gimme a few minutes, I’ll be right back lebron”

You could tell it was post-injury and he wasn't able to keep up his conditioning. Agree that injuries take a toll when older, but I actually do expect to see a rejuvenated LBJ. He's in the rarified GOAT discussion and not making the playoffs after his big FA move would be another pebble weighed in favor of another GOAT candidate.

I disagree, with rookies in the FO Lebron has his get out of jail free card. If he doesn’t reach the Finals here I guarantee that the spin will be it’s because an inexperienced FO couldn’t build a team around him. It is never Lebron’s fault.

Disagree with your disagreement. If you track the asinine "who is GOAT" discussions, the arguments depend on the smallest of margins, (i.e. people nitpicking Kobe for missing the playoffs in 2004-05). LBJ missing the playoffs after his big FA move, that will be heavily used against LBJ in those kinds of arguments. I think it would be a mark against his otherwise great career.

I don't think so. I'd be shocked if any blame is put on LBJ. This will be spun his way..just like everything is. If you can spin him leaving an old Miami team to play with an upcoming superstar in Kyrie and at the time top 5 guy in Klove into "he wanted to come home and win" ...anything is possible.

Keep in mind when he joined forces with Kyrie + Klove the Gstate dynasty was yet to take full flight. LBJ thought he would be forming another dynasty but Gstate came in and robbed him of that.

I don't get your vitriol towards LBJ. There's plenty wrong with this team - but nothing that is his fault. He's bringing his 27/9/8 and you cannot fault him for his injury.

* Your young core, can't miss, #2 pick PG shoots 41.7% FREE THROWS and is LAST on the team in OWS
* Your young core, can't miss, #2 pick wing is 9th in OWS and 6th in DWS

BI and Zo trail the recently departed Zubac, the badly slumping Hart, the ancient Chandler, Kuz, KCP and JaVale "Shaqtin'" McGee in WS. LBJ, of course, is 1st.

You may not like his style or his "crew's" influence around the league, but from a basketball standpoint, you cannot fairly criticize LBJ's contributions. The guy has done his job - it's the folks who we expected to step up who have failed, SPECIFICALLY Ingram & Ball.

Kuz is where he is supposed to be as the 27th pick - 1st team All Rookie last year, measurable increase offensively and slight decline defensively. Hart has regressed, but he was a 2nd rounder and it would've been foolish to expect a huge leap this year.

But BI & Ball are where the team has invested its resources (#2 overall picks) - they HAVE to pan out & they're not. Ingram has picked it up the two weeks before the ASB, but he hasn't shown consistency despite getting quality minutes. Ball is a mess. Neither one impacts the game at the level they should at this stage in their respective careers.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

LBJ can shove his triple doubles up his ars if he doesn't play a little better Defense. Dude doesn't rotate since his injury. Bad to watch cause if your leader isn't doing it....
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

WE WANT TACOS wrote:
Popeyes > KFC

Most accurate comment in this thread. Possibly in the history of LG.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
WE WANT TACOS wrote:
Popeyes > KFC

Churchs > Popeyes
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
KBH wrote:
WE WANT TACOS wrote:
Popeyes > KFC

Churchs > Popeyes

Chick-fil-a > Churchs
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Kava wrote:
KBH wrote:
WE WANT TACOS wrote:
Popeyes > KFC

Churchs > Popeyes

Chick-fil-a > Churchs

Raising Canes > Chick-fil-a
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Kava wrote:
KBH wrote:
WE WANT TACOS wrote:
Popeyes > KFC

Churchs > Popeyes

Chick-fil-a > Churchs

BonChon > yours
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

BonChon > yours

Went there when they were in Koreatown. But that one is closed now. And I'm not driving all the way to Alhambra for some chicken.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

With the amount of wine Lebron's been drinking this year. I think he's just self medicating, biding his time, and praying we sign a star this summer.
microbe obliterator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

this page is now making me hungry! dag nabit!
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

I wonder if the leaks of the Lakers being concerned of Lebron not fully recovered from the groin strain is laying the framework for him to be shutdown and allow us to tank while he gets a free pass out of this failed season...
I really hope so
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Kava wrote:
KBH wrote:
WE WANT TACOS wrote:
Popeyes > KFC

Churchs > Popeyes

Chick-fil-a > Churchs

Shake Shack Chicken Shack > all this other trash
hcbball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I wonder if the leaks of the Lakers being concerned of Lebron not fully recovered from the groin strain is laying the framework for him to be shutdown and allow us to tank while he gets a free pass out of this failed season...
I really hope so

I was thinking the same thing.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

I have very little to blame Lebron for - I’ll call out his poor free throw shooting and challenge him to get back o his career average.

That most of the youngsters can’t shoot for poop, is not his fault. That guys like KCP, Lance, Beasley have underperformed, that is not his fault. Ball and Ingram are still playing like kindergarten kids shooting on a ten foot hoop, not Lebron fault.

The guys who have played well mostly, Rondo, Kuzma, McGee and Chandler kudos to them. Aging Lebron needs another star, but until Lebron was injured we were in the thick of it.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Lebron's increased alcohol consumption has slowed down his recovery process from the groin injury. Dude's been seen with a cup or glass of wine everywhere lately
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
I wonder if Lebron's increased alcohol consumption has slowed down his recovery process from the groin injury. Dude's been seen with a cup or glass of wine everywhere lately

A drink after work is cool with me
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

hcbball wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I really hope so

Oh get ready because if we get to about 10-15 games left and it doesn't look like we're going to make the playoffs he's going to fake an injury and use that as the excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if he got some duct tape and wrapped it around his leg in the locker room and told us he twisted it in practice. Anybody with eyeballs knows he folds when the pressure is on.
DaKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
hcbball wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I really hope so

Oh get ready because if we get to about 10-15 games left and it doesn't look like we're going to make the playoffs he's going to fake an injury and use that as the excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if he got some duct tape and wrapped it around his leg in the locker room and told us he twisted it in practice. Anybody with eyeballs knows he folds when the pressure is on.

LOL...Its amazing the way people just love to make crap up around here. He just had the 1st major injury of his career and you’re saying he’s going to fake an injury if it looks like they won’t make the playoffs. You don’t know nothing about this man and his basketball career...One of the best in NBA history and idiots make dumb comments like the one you made.
DaKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Santa Clause will be taking all the Lebron haters names down so if we make the playoffs he can shove it all up in your faces. Ya’ll better hope we don’t make the finals...Lebron haters should then get banned from this site foreverrrrr.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

I expect to see LeBron kick it to another gear, propelling us to the playoffs.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

^Meh I expect him to get this team to the playoffs. He just needs to pass the Kings and Clips... and is only 2 games back in the loss column.

Doesn't mean I can't be indifferent to him, his stats, and his LeBron system. I get he's still a very, very good player in this league but Magic would've eventually signed a younger star FA that would've made more sense for this team going forward.

I'm still counting this season as a punt considering the roster construction..

Last edited by daytripper on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
hcbball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

DaKing23 wrote:
kwase wrote:
hcbball wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I really hope so

LOL...Its amazing the way people just love to make crap up around here. He just had the 1st major injury of his career and you’re saying he’s going to fake an injury if it looks like they won’t make the playoffs. You don’t know nothing about this man and his basketball career...One of the best in NBA history and idiots make dumb comments like the one you made.

Well, it's in writing, so time will tell. But if poster is correct, I will give Kudos!!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

LeBron, Lakers Gear Up for Final 25-Game Push

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/190220-lebron-lakers-gear-up-final-25-game-push
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The full quotes will be up soon, but LeBron is talking like someone who’s about to flip the switch. 👍

LFR
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakers reportedly 'concerned about' LeBron James' groin: How hard should they push him?
Jason OwensYahoo SportsFeb 19, 2019, 4:43 PM

Quote:
The Lakers are privately a little concerned about LeBron. Is he fully healed from the groin strain that cost him a career-worst 18 games? Is he going to pick up his intensity and propel this team back into the playoffs, as he did last year in Cleveland? James, 34, is actually averaging a triple double for the Lakers since his return from injury (23.2 points, 10.8 rebounds, 11.0 assists), but he’s just not moving at the same speed nor is he engaging at the point of attack.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1035, 1036, 1037 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1036 of 2086
Jump to: