The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1098, 1099, 1100 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
He really has to embrace playing PF.

He won't be able to blow by younger SFs and he doesn't have the footwork in the post against them either.

So be a small ball PF and kill PFs on the perimeter. Open up the floor a bit more.

James wants no part of working in the paint. He is a perimeter player. He can be guarded on offense by a SG/SF these days. Who is guarding him with a PF? Then on defense James is hidden against the worst offensive player. He fails miserably when expected to battle in the paint against professional PFs.

You have much more optimism then I do that he would accept the transition or is capable of doing it.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
ryan_c wrote:

How about Lebron is up against a Knicks team that has 14-56 record? How about Lebron is considered a great player and can't beat this Knicks team. How about Kobe at age 34, with a worse supporting cast, carrying Lakers to reach the playoffs before? How about when Ingram and Kuzma are still there with Lebron and Lakers are still losing before?

You mean when Kobe was playing with Pau, Dwight, Nash, and Metta? And when he had 2 40% 3 point shooters? And he had 2x all-star Jamison off the bench? Yeah, I'm sure Lebron would have had a hard-time making the playoffs with 3 other HOFers, 5 all-stars, and 2 DPOYs...plus a better coach. Lets not forget the expectation of that team was winning a championship, and by the time Kobe went down they were at 43 wins (with substantially better health than what Lebron's Laker team had this season).

If you guys want to keep doing these comparisons, how about we be historically honest?

You’re being too logical and rational.
You obviously don’t know what you’re talking about.

Am I right????
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He won't be able to blow by younger SFs and he doesn't have the footwork in the post against them either.

So be a small ball PF and kill PFs on the perimeter. Open up the floor a bit more.

James wants no part of working in the paint. He is a perimeter player. He can be guarded on offense by a SG/SF these days. Who is guarding him with a PF? Then on defense James is hidden against the worst offensive player. He fails miserably when expected to battle in the paint against professional PFs.

You have much more optimism then I do that he would accept the transition or is capable of doing it.

Sometimes you have to wonder, does James play for your team or ur opponents team
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
I don't think Lebron could effectively guard a ballhandler for more than a quarter even if he wanted to. His stamina is one area where his age really showed. Expect to see a lot of "load management" for the rest of his career. Like Yin said, he should really be a PF at this stage.

Damn, you think his stamina has fell off that bad? How much of it do you think is conditioning vs. age?

Think you said it earlier, he never really looked like he was in shape this year. The start of the year was slow, and there was only one stretch where he played consistently good basketball. Most of the time he looked out of shape / much heavier than usual.

You think that's an age/mileage issue (in which case load management is unfortunately a new reality) or will the offseason give him a chance to get his body right?

At this age his stamina is going to get worse regardless of what kind of shape he's in. Losing weight can improve his lift and will be better on his knees long term, but he's always going to be fighting an uphill battle with endurance/stamina.

Kobe was just a rare breed who could push his body beyond what it was capable of. He averaged over 40mpg in the 2 weeks leading up to his injury and it cost him his career. His body was telling him to rest, he just didn't listen.

Duncan hovered around 28mpg from the time he was Lebron's age until retirement.

Kareem is perhaps the most durable athlete of all time and at 34 he played a career low mpg (at that time). It decreased after that.

Malone didn't see a big drop until 36, but he didn't have as much mileage as Lebron.

Stockton saw a big dip in mpg at 35 years old.

These guys all took good care of their bodies, but their stamina took a hit in their mid 30's (I know it did for me too ). It's just the way it is.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

As a LeBron hater... This season just solidified what we all knew...

He's a front-runner and overrated.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Is the rent free?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I was completely open minded about Lebron and was rooting for him and the team to succeed hopeful they would blow beyond anyone's expectations. But after watching this season unfold and examining Lebron's game closely it is obvious to me he's not on the same level as Kobe.

I am not giving up on Lebron, in fact, I am willing to give Lebron the benefit of the doubt because of the groin injury, FO moves, AND most importantly our coaching has been absolutely horrendous. This summer is going to massive for this franchise and Lebron. Get the right coach and players around him and let's see where he can really take us.
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sometimes you have to wonder, does James play for your team or ur opponents team

The bitterness
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

It's our only hope at this point. Kobe downshifted too from "SG" where he was getting killed on defense to "SF" where he could use his strength even though he was a bit undersized towards the end of his career.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree. He barley gives enough effort to closeout at the end of possessions now; imagine him having to battle down low for a board to finish a possession
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

Lebron is out tonight. It's alright I wouldn't want to get obliterated by Giannis either.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers [AT] Lakers

LeBron James (sore left groin) is out for tonight's game in Milwaukee.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

MustardJam wrote:
Lebron is out tonight. It's alright I wouldn't want to get obliterated by Giannis either.

he got hit in the groin by a
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

LeBron being out for a sore groin sounds like a BS cover up, they should just shut him down...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
MustardJam wrote:

he got hit in the groin by a

Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

James guarded PFs all last year, with Love playing mostly center.

He'll play it again. If he said he wouldn't play there, he said it because he knew he wanted to "chill" this year.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

The team should either shut Bron down or have him skip a lot of the remaining games. Save him for next season when he hopefully has a legit star to play alongside. No point putting useless miles on his old body in these meaningless games. Plus, it would make it less likely he can keep racking up empty points and catch Cap on the scoring list lol.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know if Lebron's groin has been acting up, or are they just saying "sore left groin" to manufacture a legit excuse to not play him tonight?
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LeBron being out for a sore groin sounds like a BS cover up, they should just shut him down...

LeBron is still in shock after getting blocked at the end of the last game.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Put me in the camp that says LeGroin wants no part of the 4, even if itnwould make a ton of sense.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers -at- Lakers

LeBron James (sore left groin) is out for tonight's game in Milwaukee.

The only thing that's injured is his ego from getting blocked. Might take 3 more games of rehabbing.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Put me in the camp that says LeGroin wants no part of the 4, even if itnwould make a ton of sense.

Are there marshmallows in this camp? If so, sign me up.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject:

What’s the Lakers record since he activated playoff mode?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
What’s the Lakers record since he activated playoff mode?

Mode was deactivated after losing to the Suns.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
ryan_c wrote:

How about Lebron is up against a Knicks team that has 14-56 record? How about Lebron is considered a great player and can't beat this Knicks team. How about Kobe at age 34, with a worse supporting cast, carrying Lakers to reach the playoffs before? How about when Ingram and Kuzma are still there with Lebron and Lakers are still losing before?

You mean when Kobe was playing with Pau, Dwight, Nash, and Metta? And when he had 2 40% 3 point shooters? And he had 2x all-star Jamison off the bench? Yeah, I'm sure Lebron would have had a hard-time making the playoffs with 3 other HOFers, 5 all-stars, and 2 DPOYs...plus a better coach. Lets not forget the expectation of that team was winning a championship, and by the time Kobe went down they were at 43 wins (with substantially better health than what Lebron's Laker team had this season).

If you guys want to keep doing these comparisons, how about we be historically honest?

You meant to say the team consisting of oldies that Kobe had to carry so hard day in day out that he broke his ACL to ensure the playoffs spot?

Memory fades so fast.

This season's young core would have saved Kobe's legs better.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1098, 1099, 1100 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1099 of 2082
Jump to: