The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1100, 1101, 1102 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Any lebron defenders left?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2826650-michael-wilbon-doc-rivers-has-been-told-lebron-james-doesnt-want-to-be-coached

So this dude wants a coach that won’t coach him?
It will never happen, but I hope Magic hires a ball buster.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2826650-michael-wilbon-doc-rivers-has-been-told-lebron-james-doesnt-want-to-be-coached

What about Coach Spo and David Fizdale during his tenure in Miami?? 2 Chips.

Only Coach he’s one a chip with that’s questionable as far as a leader was Ty Lue. But Ty Lue is far from a novice in terms of basketball IQ. An ironically Ty Lue was one of Doc’s assistants in Boston for many years prior.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

deleted

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
What shifting? You keep bringing up Nash and Dwight as if they were the same players and completely disregard that Nash had a serious injury fresh into his Laker season that ultimately ended his career.... Dwight had a very serious back surgery and youre the one who's listing their accomplishment of past seasons as if that has any relation to what types of players they were in THAT present year.

Howard made an all nba team that season. He wasn’t peak Howard but he was still impactful that season. We talking making the playoffs...not winning the title. An elite wing with an all league pivot should be a playoff lock.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Kobe lead his team to the playoffs, LeBron is lading his team to a worse record than the team he had joined, sorry I ever called him the goat, this argument should be over already, enough said.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
What shifting? You keep bringing up Nash and Dwight as if they were the same players and completely disregard that Nash had a serious injury fresh into his Laker season that ultimately ended his career.... Dwight had a very serious back surgery and youre the one who's listing their accomplishment of past seasons as if that has any relation to what types of players they were in THAT present year.

Howard made an all nba team that season. He wasn’t peak Howard but he was still impactful that season. We talking making the playoffs...not winning the title. An elite wing with an all league pivot should be a playoff lock.

Shoutout to my guy Earl Clark
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Ty Lue is the guy to get. He runs great plays out of timeouts, has a legit system in place, knows how to communicate with Lebron and tell him what needs to be said without fear, and he's proven he can win a ring against Kerr and his 73-9 Warriors.

I'd love it for us to go outside of the box for a coach but it's not going to happen, so out of all the known names that Maginka are lookin at, Lue is the best fit. He gets heavily underrated for his actual coaching acumen because of the players he had. Take a look at how he managed to still coach his team to the Finals last year even tho half the roster was changed out at the deadline.
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Kobe lead his team to the playoffs, LeBron is lading his team to a worse record than the team he had joined, sorry I ever called him the goat, this argument should be over already, enough said.

He probably is the Goat. If not, then at the very least he is really close to Jordan. LeBron will have the longevity argument when it's all said and done. We are talking about a playmaker with 32.5 thousand points.
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

Only Coach he’s one a chip with that’s questionable as far as a leader was Ty Lue. But Ty Lue is far from a novice in terms of basketball IQ. An ironically Ty Lue was one of Doc’s assistants in Boston for many years prior.

Exactly. Some laughable attempts to discredit him and some pretty strange ones. As you said, he played his role perfectly in Miami and played for the team and showed that he's very coachable.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

Exactly. Some laughable attempts to discredit him and some pretty strange ones. As you said, he played his role perfectly in Miami and played for the team and showed that he's very coachable.

Yeah, he's so coachable that Ty Lue and Luke Walton had to meet before the season started to discuss "How to coach lebron". I've never heard of ANY player that required a special meeting like that. C'mon guys, we're stuck with this guy now but let's not make stuff up.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

He probably is the Goat. If not, then at the very least he is really close to Jordan. LeBron will have the longevity argument when it's all said and done. We are talking about a playmaker with 32.5 thousand points.

There was a recent poll of basketball fans of who the GOAT was. The answer was pretty clear and not surprising: Jordan is #1 and everyone else on the GOAT short list has a small smattering of support.

Jordan. 66%
Lebron. 10.4%
Bird … 4%
Wilt … 3.5%
Shaq … 2.7%
Kobe … 2.3%
Kareem … 2.1%
Curry … 2%
Russell … 0.9%
Magic … 0.9%

The difference between 4 and 2% in this poll probably doesn't mean anything, so I'd say Bird, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe, Kareem and Curry are all fairly equivalent in people's minds.

Only thing that surprised me was I thought Magic would get a couple more percentage points. Curry and Lebron, I think, are a little inflated because they are playing now.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

Yeah, he's so coachable that Ty Lue and Luke Walton had to meet before the season started to discuss "How to coach lebron". I've never heard of ANY player that required a special meeting like that. C'mon guys, we're stuck with this guy now but let's not make stuff up.

He tried getting Spo fired. He only fell in line when Pat Riley told him Spo isn't going anywhere.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

I hope we trade Lebron. It won't happen, but I'm a keep hope alive.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

There was a recent poll of basketball fans of who the GOAT was. The answer was pretty clear and not surprising: Jordan is #1 and everyone else on the GOAT short list has a small smattering of support.

Jordan. 66%
Lebron. 10.4%
Bird … 4%
Wilt … 3.5%
Shaq … 2.7%
Kobe … 2.3%
Kareem … 2.1%
Curry … 2%
Russell … 0.9%
Magic … 0.9%

The difference between 4 and 2% in this poll probably doesn't mean anything, so I'd say Bird, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe, Kareem and Curry are all fairly equivalent in people's minds.

Only thing that surprised me was I thought Magic would get a couple more percentage points. Curry and Lebron, I think, are a little inflated because they are playing now.

I'd have Kareem comfortably above Lebron on that list. I bet very few of the people who voted were actually old enough to watch Kareem play.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I'd have Kareem comfortably above Lebron on that list. I bet very few of the people who voted were actually old enough to watch Kareem play.

Keep in mind that this is not a ranking and it shouldn't be viewed as such. People simply made one choice for GOAT.

The fact that Kareem retired 30 years ago no doubt had some affect. However, Wilt retired long before him and he did better.

Anyway, my main takeaway is when it comes to GOAT, people's opinion is Jordan is #1, and then there's everyone else.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Not even (bleep) close to being the GOAT. This is why Lebron has so much hate. His fans and the media are intolerable.

Lebron is great no doubt. However, in my eyes he is just a worse version of Wilt. An absolute freak of nature that dominates the game but has massive issues with everything else severly limiting his production. I find it funny how Wilt was viewed as a team killer, a cancer, coach killer, and etc while Lebron is viewed as some great team guy. Lebron has the exact same characteristics.

A great individual player? Yes. One of the best ever? Yes. A generational talent? Yes. GOAT? No. I've never seen a player bleed teams dry like Lebron does. Jordan and Kobe had massive egos but their egos were used to fuel their game on the court. Lebrons ego is used to run the entire damn team.

Regardless, it's hard to blame Lebron for this season and not the FO. They have been absolutely god awful. The only way to handle Lebron is to give him exactly what he wants or he won't play at past 50% (seen it a million times before). The FO failed at that. Still a god awful signing because giving a 35 year old Lebron what he wants is going to send this team into an iceage but it is what it is at this stage. You either trade Lebron or give him a team that he will play for.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
kwase wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

He tried getting Spo fired. He only fell in line when Pat Riley told him Spo isn't going anywhere.

Oh yeah when he asked Riley "You ever get the itch to coach again..?"
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Wonder how people view Lebron now currently and moving forward in terms of league ranked.....
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
Wonder how people view Lebron now currently and moving forward in terms of league ranked.....

Before he went down with the groin injury, Lebron got up to third place on the MVP ladder, so he was still regarded as one of the best players in the league within the last 90 days.

Obviously, the injury and the Lakers collapse has thrown everything into a tizzy. It's hard to judge how he's viewed because of all the noise. People have strong feelings about Lebron, so you can find any opinion about him you want, from the high to the low. On this board, you have some people who place him near the top of the GOAT rankings, and some who feel he has never been good enough to start on a junior college team. (I'm exaggerating -- a little.)

People realize he's not the best player in the league anymore, but he's still pretty high up there.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Before he went down with the groin injury, Lebron got up to third place on the MVP ladder, so he was still regarded as one of the best players in the league within the last 90 days.

Obviously, the injury and the Lakers collapse has thrown everything into a tizzy. It's hard to judge how he's viewed because of all the noise. People have strong feelings about Lebron, so you can find any opinion about him you want, from the high to the low. On this board, you have some people who place him near the top of the GOAT rankings, and some who feel he has never been good enough to start on a junior college team. (I'm exaggerating -- a little.)

People realize he's not the best player in the league anymore, but he's still pretty high up there.

If and when he wants to be... maybe.

Plenty of tape on him this year not giving a damn on defense, providing leadership or battling in the paint even before his injury. Since then he should be embarrassed. most competitors would be.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Plenty of tape on him this year not giving a damn on defense, providing leadership or battling in the paint even before his injury. Since then he should be embarrassed. most competitors would be.

Well, you are on the far end of the spectrum of people who have never liked Lebron and tend to regard most of what he does in a negative way. My guess is the group of people for whom Lebron can do no right is a wash with the group of people for whom he can do no wrong. The way he is regarded in the future will be largely determined by the people in the middle who probably don't share a lot of your perceptions.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

I’ve always liked Lebron and this season I would have him somewhere around 3-4.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Well, you are on the far end of the spectrum of people who have never liked Lebron and tend to regard most of what he does in a negative way. My guess is the group of people for whom Lebron can do no right is a wash with the group of people for whom he can do no wrong. The way he is regarded in the future will be largely determined by the people in the middle who probably don't share a lot of your perceptions.

Agreed, activeverb.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

💯💯💯
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Playoff mode

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1109319593783226368?s=21
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1100, 1101, 1102 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1101 of 2082
Jump to: