The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1101, 1102, 1103 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Playoff mode

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1109319593783226368?s=21

They’ve been eliminated from the PO.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:
Any lebron defenders left?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2826650-michael-wilbon-doc-rivers-has-been-told-lebron-james-doesnt-want-to-be-coached

So this dude wants a coach that won’t coach him?
It will never happen, but I hope Magic hires a ball buster.

What about Coach Spo and David Fizdale during his tenure in Miami?? 2 Chips.

Tried to get Spo fired.
Riley said no way.

Bolted on Riley after the Spurs decimated him.

Disrespected the heck out of Blatt in Cleveland and caused him an immense amount of stress and humiliation. Got him fired too.

Ty Lue let LeBron do what he wanted like LeBron wanted, and even then LeBron caused him a lot of headaches, to the point Ty Lue was having stress nose bleeds and needed to take a break for his mental health.

This is not new news.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Rest up King. Blessing in disquise after 8 straight finals run so he’ll be able to recover and ready up for next season
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

0514 wrote:
Rest up King. Blessing in disquise after 8 straight finals run so he’ll be able to recover and ready up for next season

This offseason will be huge in getting him help in the form of another star and a more appropriate supporting cast
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject:

Vacation mode activated…...
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Kobe lead his team to the playoffs, LeBron is lading his team to a worse record than the team he had joined, sorry I ever called him the goat, this argument should be over already, enough said.

He probably is the Goat. If not, then at the very least he is really close to Jordan. LeBron will have the longevity argument when it's all said and done. We are talking about a playmaker with 32.5 thousand points.

There was a recent poll of basketball fans of who the GOAT was. The answer was pretty clear and not surprising: Jordan is #1 and everyone else on the GOAT short list has a small smattering of support.

Jordan. 66%
Lebron. 10.4%
Bird … 4%
Wilt … 3.5%
Shaq … 2.7%
Kobe … 2.3%
Kareem … 2.1%
Curry … 2%
Russell … 0.9%
Magic … 0.9%

The difference between 4 and 2% in this poll probably doesn't mean anything, so I'd say Bird, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe, Kareem and Curry are all fairly equivalent in people's minds.

Only thing that surprised me was I thought Magic would get a couple more percentage points. Curry and Lebron, I think, are a little inflated because they are playing now.

Fair enough. The majority might still have Jordan ahead. I do think that we'll have to wait until Lebron's body of work is done, though, to judge his standing. If nothing else, being considered the 2nd greatest ever by the majority of fans and pundits is nothing to scoff at. But we don't know what will happen over the next few years. Legs say he gets the all time total points record. That type of thing might help swing the narrative in his favor.

He already is the All time leading scorer in the playoffs. He is on pace to be the All time leading scorer in the regular season. And he will be the only player in man history with 38k points, 10k rebounds, and 10k assists. Something like 40k,10k,10k would really help him.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:37 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Kobe lead his team to the playoffs, LeBron is lading his team to a worse record than the team he had joined, sorry I ever called him the goat, this argument should be over already, enough said.

He probably is the Goat. If not, then at the very least he is really close to Jordan. LeBron will have the longevity argument when it's all said and done. We are talking about a playmaker with 32.5 thousand points.

Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

Ban this LeStan. He ain't a Laker fan, look at his join date
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject:

I was happier to have MozDeng on our squad than this clown, please leave. You’re not wanted in LA.... Take a hint
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

Ban this LeStan. He ain't a Laker fan, look at his join date

He should be banned. He's been spouting this spam for a while and is not a Laker fan in any way. LBJ goat my ass
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject:

LeStans at hilarious. They call a quitter the GOAT. That's just sad.
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

I feel that there is a lot of animosity around here. Instead of celebrating the fact that we have one of the 2 best players ever, we have some people hating on him!
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
I feel that there is a lot of animosity around here. Instead of celebrating the fact that we have one of the 2 best players ever, we have some people hating on him!

Top 2!!??
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:

I thought he was the GOAT. What happened? Facts got in your way?
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

I love how he's only here for LeBron but to trick everyone on the forum he named himself LAKESHOW824. The 8 and 24 are a nice addition
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

I can see Lebron's frustration with this team during the game......

Leading me to believe they will all/most get traded this summer..
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

Why did Luke play LeBron so many minutes last night?

Was he really TRYING to win the game and still lost?
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

^I'm not sure how much say Luke has in the matter re. Lebron's minutes at this point tbh. I see he was 1 rebound away from a triple dub so I'll just go out on a limb and say the statsheet might play a part in it too.
Greyhound
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2826650-michael-wilbon-doc-rivers-has-been-told-lebron-james-doesnt-want-to-be-coached

Tried to get Spo fired.
Riley said no way.

Disrespected the heck out of Blatt in Cleveland and caused him an immense amount of stress and humiliation. Got him fired too.

Ty Lue let LeBron do what he wanted like LeBron wanted, and even then LeBron caused him a lot of headaches, to the point Ty Lue was having stress nose bleeds and needed to take a break for his mental health.

This is not new news.

"Not from him to me, ever. So a lot of stuff is following him out the door. Whether it's right or wrong, it's just the nature of it. But as far as that goes, no, he never, ever walked in and said anything."--Pat Riley

Barry Jackson

@flasportsbuzz

Heat minority owner Ranaan Katz said 2 hrs ago that contrary to a report on Twitter, he never said LeBron tried to get Spo fired in Miami.

It sucks. But what can I do about it? I've never, in my time since I picked up a basketball, ever undermined a coach, ever disrespected a coach. You ask any of my little league coaches, my high school coaches, coaches I've played for in tournaments, camps, my NBA coaches. I've always respected what they wanted to do. And I'm not the owner of a team, I'm not the GM of a team. I'm the player of a team.

And how soon some forget their history:

Westhead was fired Thursday by team owner Jerry Buss after Laker star Earvin 'Magic' Johnson had singled the coach out as the reason for his unhappiness and the team's lackluster start this season.

LOS ANGELES -- Thirty-one years ago this month, the Los Angeles Lakers fired Paul Westhead after just 11 games and one infamous trade demand from Magic Johnson following a game in Utah.

And from someone here:

Ultimately, this was more or less forgotten because the Lakers won. But for a time, Magic was blasted for being a selfish diva. I'd say more accurately, he just did what superstars usually do -- he wanted thing done his way. A lot of people have forgotten this because it didn't mesh with Magic's happy go lucky image, but like I said superstars always do stuff like this -- Kobe, Lebron, Wilt, Shaq, on and on.

And speaking of Kobe, courtesy of him, we have this:

That's when Kupchak decided to test his luck and give the Cavaliers a call. ... As expected, Cleveland informed the Lakers that James was untouchable...

Love how they phrase that, test his luck. How about instead, I had to try, just so I could say that I did, since no one is going to trade a 22 year old Lebron for Kobe. Now back to the whole A.D. saga, we did have this, though: They [the Cavaliers] attempted to pry Bryant away by offering up every other member of their roster, but the Lakers weren't interested. So this isn't something new. What it means when you think the other fellow is a generational talent. Offer everybody else save for your own generational talent.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
^I'm not sure how much say Luke has in the matter re. Lebron's minutes at this point tbh. I see he was 1 rebound away from a triple dub so I'll just go out on a limb and say the statsheet might play a part in it too.

Ahhh how can I forget the narratives LeBron likes to write. “Look, I’m giving it my all, but my team sucks. Not my fault we’re missing the playoffs.”

Or I can give him the benefit of the doubt that he’s trying to prove he’s still near the top of his game to prospective FAs. But he hasn’t earned that from me.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:

Would love to have "that" player. Do you have a time machine?

Because that top 2 guy has left the building and only getting farther down the road every passing game.

Career accomplishments are not going to win a championship or even create a contender. Especially if the player has mentally retired already.
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

Greyhound wrote:
MJST wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

Tried to get Spo fired.
Riley said no way.

This is not new news.

"Not from him to me, ever. So a lot of stuff is following him out the door. Whether it's right or wrong, it's just the nature of it. But as far as that goes, no, he never, ever walked in and said anything."--Pat Riley

Barry Jackson

@flasportsbuzz

Heat minority owner Ranaan Katz said 2 hrs ago that contrary to a report on Twitter, he never said LeBron tried to get Spo fired in Miami.

It sucks. But what can I do about it? I've never, in my time since I picked up a basketball, ever undermined a coach, ever disrespected a coach. You ask any of my little league coaches, my high school coaches, coaches I've played for in tournaments, camps, my NBA coaches. I've always respected what they wanted to do. And I'm not the owner of a team, I'm not the GM of a team. I'm the player of a team.

And how soon some forget their history:

Westhead was fired Thursday by team owner Jerry Buss after Laker star Earvin 'Magic' Johnson had singled the coach out as the reason for his unhappiness and the team's lackluster start this season.

LOS ANGELES -- Thirty-one years ago this month, the Los Angeles Lakers fired Paul Westhead after just 11 games and one infamous trade demand from Magic Johnson following a game in Utah.

And from someone here:

Ultimately, this was more or less forgotten because the Lakers won. But for a time, Magic was blasted for being a selfish diva. I'd say more accurately, he just did what superstars usually do -- he wanted thing done his way. A lot of people have forgotten this because it didn't mesh with Magic's happy go lucky image, but like I said superstars always do stuff like this -- Kobe, Lebron, Wilt, Shaq, on and on.

And speaking of Kobe, courtesy of him, we have this:

That's when Kupchak decided to test his luck and give the Cavaliers a call. ... As expected, Cleveland informed the Lakers that James was untouchable...

Love how they phrase that, test his luck. How about instead, I had to try, just so I could say that I did, since no one is going to trade a 22 year old Lebron for Kobe. Now back to the whole A.D. saga, we did have this, though: They [the Cavaliers] attempted to pry Bryant away by offering up every other member of their roster, but the Lakers weren't interested. So this isn't something new. What it means when you think the other fellow is a generational talent. Offer everybody else save for your own generational talent.

Fantastic post. To put this myth to bed once and for all.
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:

Would love to have "that" player. Do you have a time machine?

Because that top 2 guy has left the building and only getting farther down the road every passing game.

Career accomplishments are not going to win a championship or even create a contender. Especially if the player has mentally retired already.

That last sentence is a little harsh. I'd wait to see what LeBron is like once the front office gives him another elite superstar. If he has the same mindset then, you can level this at him. However, to do so now when he's playing with a team that has no chance to win is harsh.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

The 6 months of rest may be a blessing in disguise for him and the Lakers.

He'll be ready come October. It's up to the front office to get him help.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

0514 wrote:

Recover by filming a movie, his real reason for coming to LA.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

lebron lovers act like Laker fans are supposed to feel fortunate to watch a guy pout on the floor every game, not play any defense, brick free throws, turn the ball over in crucial moments and lose to teams that are purposely tanking all because I guess lebron "spoils us" with his play. I've got news for you...look up there in those rafters and you'll find some true GOATS that we've been blessed to watch play. This ain't Cleveland. We're not going to be happy paying a guy $154 million and he can't even carry us to the playoffs. He thought he was going to walk in the door and everyone was going to fawn over him the way his fans and the media do. Well he's about to get slapped in the face with some reality if nobody signs to play with him in the off season. It's going to get ugly, and with his sensitive nature If I were him I'd go to another team and get out of L.A. The lights are too bright here for excuses.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1101, 1102, 1103 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next
Page 1102 of 2085
Jump to: