The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1104, 1105, 1106 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

The amount of hate here is disgusting
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

DaKing23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
He’s a Laker so I choose to root for him and hope he returns to a top 5 player next year. At any point do folks just not want to hope for the best for him as a Laker (doubt Lakers trade him)?
Some folks around here really do seem to wish him the worst thus they’re jinxing the rest of the team along with him. I mean he just missed the playoffs for the first time since 2005...Thats 14 flipping years in a row. He comes to a new team (What other major star wanted to come here? Non) gets hurt and suddenly he’s considered an evil team wrecking machine....Really...14 years in a row made the playoffs comes to LA and people act like its ALL his fault we didn’t make the playoffs...The rest of the team were pure perfection all year eh? Yea man those who hates and wish the worst on Lebron do the same for the whole team. If he plays his butt off next season but ends up getting no help from rest of team (and the fan hate) he should get out of LA and move on to something better.

And I am sure you will move on with him. “We”. That’s some funny stuff.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
where24happens wrote:
I feel sort of sad for the laker fans here that legitimately seem to hate Lebron. Must be a miserable existence to both root for a bad team (which we all suffer from) and constantly root against its best player.

Yes, reading some of these posts makes you wonder if LeBron personally went through and kidnapped people's household pets at some point.

The big problem is that in the past year a bunch of new accounts have opened that do nothing but intensely bash or praise Lebron, and they post often.

If it were up to me, I would put all accounts on a one-year probation, and any hint of rude or troll-like behavior would result in immediate removal of the account with no appeal. Three or four of the most vocal accounts on this thread would be gone under those roles, and LG would be better for it.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
The big question is

How much of the decline is injury
How much of the decline is age

Neither is good to be honest

Enough of it is age to be really worrisome. He looked clearly less explosive than his final year with the Cavs even before he tore his groin.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

So LeBron sends his physical trainer out to praise him for playing through injury after the Lakers are officially eliminated from the playoffs (But after playing in the All-Star Game a month ago)?

This is the SAME stunt he pulled last year in the Finals after getting SWEPT.

Just take the L like a G. No excuses...

The worst thing LeBron could have done is come to Los Angeles. At first, I was against it. Now I am ALL FOR IT! The longer this front running quitter is a Laker, the harder it gets for mainstream media to defend him.

THREE MORE YEARS!!! BRING IT!!!
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
defense wrote:
The big question is

How much of the decline is injury
How much of the decline is age

Neither is good to be honest

Enough of it is age to be really worrisome. He looked clearly less explosive than his final year with the Cavs even before he tore his groin.

He's not the top player in the league day in and day out but he can still be productive like a #1 option. He is a traffic cone on defense, especially during the regular season. We need a #1 option to have a chance with him. I think our young guys (if healthy) are a good supporting cast. BI can be a #2 and possible #1 on some nights.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
So LeBron sends his physical trainer out to praise him for playing through injury after the Lakers are officially eliminated from the playoffs (But after playing in the All-Star Game a month ago)?

The worst thing LeBron could have done is come to Los Angeles. At first, I was against it. Now I am ALL FOR IT! The longer this front running quitter is a Laker, the harder it gets for mainstream media to defend him.

Darth, you definitely win the award from biggest Lebron hater.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Mr. 3-8 getting exposed without his luxury taxed rosters globetrotting scrimmage games in the east.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Thank you kind sir! I can always appreciate a warm compliment.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Mr. 3-8 getting exposed without his luxury taxed rosters globetrotting scrimmage games in the east.

Getting exposed is an understatement. People never accepted how calculating LeBron and his posse are until now. LeBron's entire legacy is built upon him running to Miami to "manufacture" a legacy. There isn't a damn thing organic about his game or his legacy. It's all fake. That's why they seek to control the narrative so hard.

Mark my words... Eventually there is going to be some type of leaked video of Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant trashing LeBron... All that needed to happen was for people to see LeBron without his makeup. Now it's on.

LeBron needs to ask for a trade back East. Especially if Leonard and Irving come West. LeBron can go back to getting blasted in the Finals every year just as he likes it all while accumulating his precious statistics.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

Yeah the hate is disgusting and speaks more about the loser poster than Bron. Wait until he delivers...then the loser haters that live their negative pitiful lives will come up with another excuse to hate. That’s what haters do... negative lives and the only way they feel better is to hate. Keep it up haters.
Lakeshow824
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Is he the most polarizing athlete in the history of North American sports? You'll never find a star of an elite team cause this much of a divide within a fan base, where some support him and the team, and the other half frantically hating on him and hoping the team would lose so that they can make fun of him.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Thank you kind sir! I can always appreciate a warm compliment.

Just note my response was meant to be light hearted, and not overly serious.
Truth is, we have a lot of mixed Lebron folks here, including me. I like the fact that he is here because he is a game changer, one of the greats of all time, but part of me wishes it wasn't all about Lebron and this year, with injuries and a crap lineup of support around him, I feel he gets more blame than he should.

I think he does best with really good support players. I think Ingram was starting to show that prior to his blood clot issue. Other than that, no one on this team has stepped up at all this year. Rondo has pretty much sucked, KCP has been horrible, Lonzo has been inconsistent and hardly on the floor due to injuries, Kuz was really disappointing this year, I was expecting more from him, Chandler played 3 good games and got old real fast, etc......

I am hoping this offseason we can sign a few really good players. I don't want to see Magic and Pelinka WASTE $21 million on players like KCP and Rondo again. That was a terrible, terrible decision.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow824 wrote:
Is he the most polarizing athlete in the history of North American sports? You'll never find a star of an elite team cause this much of a divide within a fan base, where some support him and the team, and the other half frantically hating on him and hoping the team would lose so that they can make fun of him.

Easy... It's because this isn't LeBron's home. And to be honest, LeBron doesn't have a place where he's unilaterally loved. All he has is his vagabond worshipers following him around the NBA.

If LeBron had come to the Lakers in 2010-11 instead of Miami, it could be different. But since that time, he has lied and lied and lied to the Heat and Cavalier fan-bases in order to push forward with his agenda.

Now it's our turn, right? Nobody in their right mind believes he's here to be a Laker. Even the players (internal and external) know it. This latest trek by LeBron is once again all about what he wants and not what's best for the fans or the betterment of the organization at all.

It's going to be a hard road ahead for LeBron as a Laker because he's not going to win a Championship here as the undeniable #1 option or focal point of the team. To get it done, he's gonna have to change his game and his overall approach to being a teammate. Not to mention be accountable.

These are all things that LeBron skipped out of learning by running to Miami to play with Wade and Bosh. He never learned how to play a game different than the one he's comfortable with and this is why he ALWAYS falls out with his coaches and teammates.

LeBron doesn't know how to play well with others because he's never been forced to get better. He just ran. Can't do that here... It's either get better or get exposed. Never should have signed a four year contract. Arrogant son of gun!
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

This injury was supposed to be 6 months yet he was catching alley oops in the all star game? How (bleep) dumb does his camp think fans are If we miss on AD I hope we look into trade options, this entire franchise has become all about LeBron
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Lakeshow824 wrote:

Easy... It's because this isn't LeBron's home. And to be honest, LeBron doesn't have a place where he's unilaterally loved. All he has is his vagabond worshipers following him around the NBA.

If LeBron had come to the Lakers in 2010-11 instead of Miami, it could be different. But since that time, he has lied and lied and lied to the Heat and Cavalier fan-bases in order to push forward with his agenda.

Now it's our turn, right? Nobody in their right mind believes he's here to be a Laker. Even the players (internal and external) know it. This latest trek by LeBron is once again all about what he wants and not what's best for the fans or the betterment of the organization at all.

It's going to be a hard road ahead for LeBron as a Laker because he's not going to win a Championship here as the undeniable #1 option or focal point of the team. To get it done, he's gonna have to change his game and his overall approach to being a teammate. Not to mention be accountable.

These are all things that LeBron skipped out of learning by running to Miami to play with Wade and Bosh. He never learned how to play a game different than the one he's comfortable with and this is why he ALWAYS falls out with his coaches and teammates.

LeBron doesn't know how to play well with others because he's never been forced to get better. He just ran. Can't do that here... It's either get better or get exposed. Never should have signed a four year contract. Arrogant son of gun!

Eh. Every top free agent has his own agenda. Kareem and Shaq had their own agendas when they came here too. The notion that players want to come here to submerge themselves within the Lakers brand isn't realistic.

Lebron is very talented, and he's had a lot of success. He's also very arrogant, he's a prime donna and does things his own way. That's a combination that's going to cause a lot of people to like him and a lot of people to dislike him.

for years, we've had posters on LG who almost explode every time his name is mentioned. Did anyone really think those posters would have a change of heart when LeBron put on a Laker uniform?
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

I think it's really easy to see the difference in mentality between Jordan/Kobe vs Lebron.......
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I don't hate Lebron at all. Especially after that 3-1 deficit comeback in the finals.

That said, I was not for signing him, he was never my first choice, only because of his age, and the history of older players.

All that said, he will never compare to Kobe for me. Kobe was my childhood man, I have no problems injecting a little soul into the argument. Although Lebron is probably the best all around player of all time, Kobe did more with less god given talent. So I will not just soulessly skew over the numbers.

I'm sure Laker fans that grew up with Magic feel the same way about him.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
I think it's really easy to see the difference in mentality between Jordan/Kobe vs Lebron.......

Lebron is still a great player the stats show that What has surprised me the most he's not a leader of a team. He doesn't have that ability to inspire the guys to play hard like MJ and Kobe.That probably is why he doesn't like playing with young players and why Magic was willing to get rid of all of them for AD.
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

3-5*
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Lebron is still a great player the stats show that What has surprised me the most he's not a leader of a team. He doesn't have that ability to inspire the guys to play hard like MJ and Kobe.That probably is why he doesn't like playing with young players and why Magic was willing to get rid of all of them for AD.

I don't think he minds playing with younger players. He went back to Cleveland to play with a 21-year-old Kyrie Irving after all. I think what he doesn't want to do is wait for younger players to develop. And I can't blame him for that; I think most superstars, if they had the choice, would rather team with guys who were already good rather than pair with young guys who may or may not develop. He was smart to push the Cavs to trade Andrew Wiggens and Anthony Bennett for Love -- got them a ring.

So I don't think it's the age of our guys that bothers him; it's their level of talent.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

I don't think he minds playing with younger players. He went back to Cleveland to play with a 21-year-old Kyrie Irving after all. I think what he doesn't want to do is wait for younger players to develop. And I can't blame him for that; I think most superstars, if they had the choice, would rather team with guys who were already good rather than pair with young guys who may or may not develop. He was smart to push the Cavs to trade Andrew Wiggens and Anthony Bennett for Love -- got them a ring.

So I don't think it's the age of our guys that bothers him; it's their level of talent.
Good points activeverb and to me it kind of speaks to this era of basketball.Leadership is subjective its an intangible thats kind of hard to measure.Lebron is never going to be that vocal alpha dog like Kobe and MJ that pushes teamates to perform better or Magic who was the likeable teacher leading thru encouraging guys.Most of todays stars Curry,Durant,Harden,AD, KL,Kyrie are kind of quiet and lead by their play.The vocal leaders today are mostly role players like Rondo,Draymond,Morris, Lowry, Butler etc.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

I'm ok with James not being a vocal style leader. Not everyone can or will be.

My criticisms of his lack of "leadership" is directly related to his play on the court or the passive aggressive messages he sends through the media.

For years it is not James making a controversial comment about his coaches or teammates it is almost always an "insider on his team". He is as savvy off the court as he is on it. Image is everything in marketing. Especially in our highlight reel society.

On the court he is frustrating as hell. He will control the game and have explosive dunks and drives on one end but then barely moves on defense. Repeatedly giving up easy baskets, rebounds or wide open 3pt shots. Walton tries to hide him on defense and he is still exposed due to lack of effort.

The conveniently selective nature of his injuries or efforts is what I find the most maddening. Shouldn't it show up on both ends and not before he was actually injured?

Leadership comes in many forms. Where exactly has he shown any this season? Platitudes at a press conference before the season? Since then....
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

I'm a LeBeliever

He will take the Lakers back to the promised land
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Good points activeverb and to me it kind of speaks to this era of basketball.Leadership is subjective its an intangible thats kind of hard to measure.Lebron is never going to be that vocal alpha dog like Kobe and MJ that pushes teamates to perform better or Magic who was the likeable teacher leading thru encouraging guys.Most of todays stars Curry,Durant,Harden,AD, KL,Kyrie are kind of quiet and lead by their play.The vocal leaders today are mostly role players like Rondo,Draymond,Morris, Lowry, Butler etc.

Leadership is subjective, intangible, and hard to measure in any era. Typically, I find superstars are considered poor leaders when they lose, but good leaders when they win. Honestly it's a topic I tend to stay away from on LG because it usually just turns into an excuse for people to do their standard rant on whatever players they like or dislike
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1104, 1105, 1106 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1105 of 2082
Jump to: