The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1129, 1130, 1131 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://youtu.be/bT0HVhmWfT0

Basically Lebron is the man this summer. Only he can convince Kawhi.

Magic, Kobe, Lebron, Kareem, Wilt, Mikan all in the same room.
How can Kawhi say no?

According to the original Isaiah Thomas, it would be hard to turn down legends (and ghosts) in the room.

Imo, it’s as simple as Lebron saying “This is your team. You are #1 here, I just want to win the chip(s).”
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

How can Kawhi say no?

According to the original Isaiah Thomas, it would be hard to turn down legends (and ghosts) in the room.

Imo, it’s as simple as Lebron saying “This is your team. You are #1 here, I just want to win the chip(s).”

"Let me be your Pippen" would definitely go a long way.
Would Lebron do that? I feel like he's smart enough to say that.
Not that he would mean it, per se. But he knows it would give him the best chance to win.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
https://theathletic.com/podcast/20-tampering/

LeBron has no plans on leaving, intends on making Lakers work

Tamper away Bron

Make the Lakers great again
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Tamper away Bron

with how ugly this has been since his arrival, it's championship or bust
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Tamper away Bron

AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

I am waiting for magic to call Kawhi and tell him not to come here. Lol
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
I am waiting for magic to call Kawhi and tell him not to come here. Lol

You know what's funny?
I bet some people in L.A. would say that was acceptable for Magic to do that.

I can hear it now:

SAS: With the disarray the Lakers are in, why wouldn't Magic tell Kawhi not to come to L.A. Don't get me wrong, I love me some L.A. Lala land! But the Lakers, they're a mess. Magic was just looking out for Kawhi.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

I hope Bron knows something we don't about free agency. His heavy recruitment of Kawhi and his rekindled bromance with Kyrie have me optimistic. But then I remember the Rambii, Pelinka, Jeanie (bleep) show running this org
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

How can Kawhi say no?

Not that he would mean it, per se. But he knows it would give him the best chance to win.

For a guy that think he's the greatest of all time. I really dont think LeBron would utter those words though.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

How can Kawhi say no?

For a guy that think he's the greatest of all time. I really dont think LeBron would utter those words though.

Yea you're right.
Maybe more in line of "lets do this together."
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

How can Kawhi say no?

Yea you're right.
Maybe more in line of "lets do this together."

Maybe Let me be your Durant? Lol
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
danzag wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Tamper away Bron

This gives me optimism that Bron is confident he can get someone to come.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

^ cleanup on aisle 4 please
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
I hope Bron knows something we don't about free agency. His heavy recruitment of Kawhi and his rekindled bromance with Kyrie have me optimistic. But then I remember the Rambii, Pelinka, Jeanie (bleep) show running this org

It seems that players place much more emphasis on the guys they are running the floor with, rather than executives they won't see very often. KD knew he was gonna be dubbed as the snake for joining GS, but he wanted to play in their system so bad it didn't matter. Gordan Hayward chose Boston primarily because of Brad.

Players > Coach > FO

in terms of the weight they hold in swaying FA decisions.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

It seems that players place much more emphasis on the guys they are running the floor with, rather than executives they won't see very often. KD knew he was gonna be dubbed as the snake for joining GS, but he wanted to play in their system so bad it didn't matter. Gordan Hayward chose Boston primarily because of Brad.

Players > Coach > FO

Let’s hope that’s the case. It will be put to the test this summer.

The clippers have the perceived best front office out of the major free agent destinations followed by the Nets imo.

Perception is that the Clippers are favorites for Kawhi and now Stein is saying KD is considering them and Knicks equally.

Let’s see if FO wins out because the clippers don’t have a star on the roster.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
trablos wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Players > Coach > FO

The clippers have the perceived best front office out of the major free agent destinations followed by the Nets imo.

Perception is that the Clippers are favorites for Kawhi and now Stein is saying KD is considering them and Knicks equally.

What they have now in stars may not matter if they can get two stars this summer. In that respect having a clean slate to work from may be attractive to the stars looking at them.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
trablos wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Players > Coach > FO

What they have now in stars may not matter if they can get two stars this summer. In that respect having a clean slate to work from may be attractive to the stars looking at them.

Correct but point being is FO is perceived as a strong one. I will be interested to see if they get only 1 star (Kawhi or KD) or 2.

I can’t see KD teaming up with Kawhi for the same reason as teaming up with Lebron. He will be criticized again for riding the coattails of another superstar/another Batman.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Players > Coach > FO

But the Warriors system was a result of the culture that their executives installed. They are not two separate entities, what happens on the court is influenced by what happens in the FO. This season’s Lakers are a great example.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
trablos wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Players > Coach > FO

But the Warriors system was a result of the culture that their executives installed. They are not two separate entities, what happens on the court is influenced by what happens in the FO. This season’s Lakers are a great example.

I don’t think it’s as linear as you say. It’s a players’ league. The Warriors system was a result of their extraordinary and unique talent, Jax laying the foundation and Kerr taking them over the top. Not the FO itself installing a culture.

You can credibly posit that their healthy chain of command and ownership’s support enabled all that, but it starts with the unprecedented complementary talent of Curry, Thompson and Green, MJax creating a culture of togetherness and Kerr’s schemes to make them a deadly combo.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
trablos wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Players > Coach > FO

You can have the greatest culture but if you don’t have the elite talent the Warriors do well it means squat
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

I couldn’t disagree more on culture, that comes from the top. GS brought in some of the best executives and also brought in experts to mentor those executives. They fostered a culture of excellence and Kerr and the players know that the FO has their backs. Doubtful that you hear a Warrior executive bad mouth a former Warrior player. Sure they have talent, but teams with talent haven’t always won. It takes talent and a commitment from the FO to succeed. I doubt that Lebron feels warm and fuzzy about his future being in the hands of Linda and Kurt Rambis.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I couldn’t disagree more on culture, that comes from the top. GS brought in some of the best executives and also brought in experts to mentor those executives. They fostered a culture of excellence and Kerr and the players know that the FO has their backs. Doubtful that you hear a Warrior executive bad mouth a former Warrior player. Sure they have talent, but teams with talent haven’t always won. It takes talent and a commitment from the FO to succeed. I doubt that Lebron feels warm and fuzzy about his future being in the hands of Linda and Kurt Rambis.

HOGWASH.

Bulls won 6 Championships in 8 years with a front office of Jerry Krause and Jerry Reinsdorf. THE OWNER AND GM OPENLY FEUDED WITH THE HEAD COACH AND WITH THE BEST THREE OR FOUR PLAYERS!

After breaking up the team, Krause arrogantly stated "front offices win championships" - and the team missed the next 6 playoffs and has made it out of the 1st round 4 times in the past 21 years.

"Front office establishing a culture" is gobbledygook. To the extent a team culture is set, it's set in the locker room. The guys unite with each other (& hopefully, the coaching staff), and often, the FO is just treated like the suits upstairs.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I doubt James cares enough to have any feelings on the issue at this point.

He gets to focus on his business interests, collect $38M a year, enjoy his extended Farewell Tour and gets none of the blame for losing.

When asked about any of this mess he can easily give the arms wide WTF look and have his people rush him off to a business mtg.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I doubt James cares enough to have any feelings on the issue at this point.

He gets to focus on his business interests, collect $38M a year, enjoy his extended Farewell Tour and gets none of the blame for losing.

When asked about any of this mess he can easily give the arms wide WTF look and have his people rush him off to a business mtg.

I hope he cares about his legacy, the only card he has left to go up in the chart is to pass Kareem’s all time points, get a ring with a 3rd team and be the oldest MVP/finals MVP
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

HOGWASH.

Bulls won 6 Championships in 8 years with a front office of Jerry Krause and Jerry Reinsdorf. THE OWNER AND GM OPENLY FEUDED WITH THE HEAD COACH AND WITH THE BEST THREE OR FOUR PLAYERS!

After breaking up the team, Krause arrogantly stated "front offices win championships" - and the team missed the next 6 playoffs and has made it out of the 1st round 4 times in the past 21 years.

"Front office establishing a culture" is gobbledygook. To the extent a team culture is set, it's set in the locker room. The guys unite with each other (& hopefully, the coaching staff), and often, the FO is just treated like the suits upstairs.

I don't think there's a black and white answer here. It's entirely possible for a FO to instill a winning culture on a team just as it's also possible the talent on a team can be the catalyst for a winning culture despite the FO. The problem with having it come from the players (bottom up model) in the case of any sports team is that players eventually age out and if the FO is incompetent that winning culture is potentially gone. In other words a top-notch FO can create a winning culture without necessarily having superstars in their lineup, whereas, in theory, a crappy FO can luck into a bunch of superstars and succeed despite themselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1129, 1130, 1131 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next
Page 1130 of 2085
Jump to: