The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1169, 1170, 1171 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

I try to stay positive but honestly he doesn't have any explosion when finishing around the basket. It's affecting his FG% around the rim.

He's starting to look like he's on the decline. I still expect him to be an above average player because of his intelligence and experience, but his age is starting to show.

I don't think we have that much of a window for a championship with him as a principle.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I try to stay positive but honestly he doesn't have any explosion when finishing around the basket. It's affecting his FG% around the rim.

He's starting to look like he's on the decline. I still expect him to be an above average player because of his intelligence and experience, but his age is starting to show.

I don't think we have that much of a window for a championship with him as a principle.

that's why AD is the perfect P/R partner with him. they get a switch, now there's a SF on AD for the rebound..we saw that in the first preseason game. It's not hard for AD to get 5 put-backs a night, not saying they'll be all off Bron
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

that's why AD is the perfect P/R partner with him. they get a switch, now there's a SF on AD for the rebound..we saw that in the first preseason game. It's not hard for AD to get 5 put-backs a night, not saying they'll be all off Bron

I agree, it was beautiful to watch.. I doubt that P/R well ever runs dry.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I agree, it was beautiful to watch.. I doubt that P/R well ever runs dry.

Agree with both. The duo is absolutely elite, but also started to see little hints of slight decline with free throws, missing bunnies, not getting separation as much and turnovers. LBJ is still insanely great but wasn’t sure if it was injuries or just getting older or both lol.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject:

LeBron will be an all-star/superstar level offensive threat until the day he retires just based off his strength, passing, and shooting alone. The key is that he stays healthy.

As you said, his explosion is probably almost completely gone by this point, at least to the extent that he can keep it going for an entire game. But that's OK. In today's league I think this version of LeBron will have an effective impact that's about equal to Prime LeBron on the offensive end.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
LeBron will be an all-star/superstar level offensive threat until the day he retires just based off his strength, passing, and shooting alone. The key is that he stays healthy.

As you said, his explosion is probably almost completely gone by this point, at least to the extent that he can keep it going for an entire game. But that's OK. In today's league I think this version of LeBron will have an effective impact that's about equal to Prime LeBron on the offensive end.

I agree that he can still be an effective player. I'd even say he's still an above average player. But he definitely isn't as effective as prime LeBron.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

I agree that he can still be an effective player. I'd even say he's still an above average player. But he definitely isn't as effective as prime LeBron.

Lebron is still an above average player. Is that even a question honestly? He's most likely still top 10. And come playoffs time if healthy he will still be the man.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

It is a question and naturally people completely ignore defense. Lebron is 3 years past his peak and as we saw with Shaq, Kobe, Pau and every player not named Kareem, 35 is old. We can catch a good break and win a title ala Toronto.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

Like I said before, it was dumb to build a team around a 35 year old superstar. Gutting our youth, for an easy route to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is and was stupid. Some of y'all liked the move for whatever reason. We had Zo, Brandon Ingram, Randle, D Russ.... Got rid of them all because "It's LeBron James!" We always hate our young players and glamour over others. We want to trade ours for others. Welp! We got rid of all of youth, nothing left to trade, no future, just a 35 year old superstar and an injury prone young star. Hopefully we work out, but I still think it isn't smart to gut our whole young team for an aging, 35 year old and a young injury prone superstar.

I could only imagine a team Zo/Dlo/BI/Randle/Zu (or some other center)

I could understand wanting Davis, but I will never agree with building a team to fit LeBron's, a 35 year old, aging superstars greatness.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

They traded DLO because of LeBron James? You gonna make up some more fake info?
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Like I said before, it was dumb to build a team around a 35 year old superstar. Gutting our youth, for an easy route to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is and was stupid. Some of y'all liked the move for whatever reason. We had Zo, Brandon Ingram, Randle, D Russ.... Got rid of them all because "It's LeBron James!" We always hate our young players and glamour over others. We want to trade ours for others. Welp! We got rid of all of youth, nothing left to trade, no future, just a 35 year old superstar and an injury prone young star. Hopefully we work out, but I still think it isn't smart to gut our whole young team for an aging, 35 year old and a young injury prone superstar.

I could understand wanting Davis, but I will never agree with building a team to fit LeBron's, a 35 year old, aging superstars greatness.

I think the thing is with this argument is it requires one to have known the future a few years ago. You would have to known that Russell would have a breakout year which a few years ago didn’t seem the case because he wasn’t playing well. You would have to have known that BI was going to show to be elite score last year.

In retrospect everything make sense. Not so much before it actually happens.

Just like with AD and Lebron...we simply don’t know at this point if this idea will workout. And some luck will be required if it does because an injury too one of those 2 during the playoffs and the Lakers could be screwed. But so is the case with every team out there.

The role of luck should never be discounted in any of these scenarios irrevalent of the result.

The warriors had a team that could beat any team out there even at their worse day. But a stroke of bad luck happened (really how often does a Achilles injury followed by a ACL to 2 of your stars happens) and they found themshelves without a ring

Last edited by lar9149 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:25 am; edited 6 times in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

So far, the only thing to come of the Lebron acquisition is it opened up the door for AD acquisition. However, the cost for AD was still pretty steep.

Lebron made mistakes last season and was disengaged and showed some of the passive aggressive nature he’s known for. That worked when he was 29 years old in prime, but it doesn’t work at 35 past prime.

Let’s face it, AD is here to help Lebron get back to the top and for it to happen a) AD basically has to be the best player in the playoffs or b) the Lakers acquire a solid PG and a good defensive wing, in addition to a couple of live bodies (Cacock? THT?) needed for energy and eat up some hard minutes.

This is the nature of things when you rely on a 35 year old basketball player, doesn’t matter who it is tbh.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

i think he figured he could average 30 without risking a devastating injury until he needs it in the finals...8 times .. Lavine can do what he does... if he gets injured he can take 1-2 years off snd come back strong. but look at kawhi, he plays slow motion but still gives you 30 efficiently. Lebron learned.. this is what people wanted from him.

"He relies on his athletic ability" clearly not. The man is a Bb professor out there. That bounce pass for mcgee was the proof.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I think the thing is with this argument is it requires one to have known the future a few years ago. You would have to known that Russell would have a breakout year which a few years ago didn’t seem the case because he wasn’t playing well. You would have to have known that BI was going to show to be elite score last year.

In retrospect everything make sense. Not so much before it actually happens.

Just like with AD and Lebron...we simply don’t know at this point if this idea will workout. And some luck will be required if it does because an injury too one of those 2 during the playoffs and the Lakers could be screwed. But so is the case with every team out there.

The role of luck should never be discounted in any of these scenarios irrevalent of the result.

The warriors had a team that could beat any team out there even at their worse day. But a stroke of bad luck happened (really how often does a Achilles injury followed by a ACL to 2 of your stars happens) and they found themshelves without a ring

So you are saying that we could have let a teen grow into an all star in DLO? Isn’t that how the NBA works? Smart teams don’t give up on first and second year players. This FO is far from smart, they fought to keep a young player with less upside than the ones that they gave away.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
So you are saying that we could have let a teen grow into an all star in DLO? Isn’t that how the NBA works? Smart teams don’t give up on first and second year players. This FO is far from smart, they fought to keep a young player with less upside than the ones that they gave away.

Don't think DLO makes the allstar team last year in a guard stacked West if he stays. I mean he was an injury replacement in the east.
But letting that go, we really shouldn't underestimate BRK player development system. They've turned Dinwiddie, Levert, Allen, and Harris into studs as well. And DLO had a chip on his shoulder after he was traded that he didn't have here.

I wish we kept DLO, but I don't like assuming he's an allstar if he stays. I mean Conley and Jrue Holiday will never make an allstar team because they play in the West.

Last edited by kikanga on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

One thing is for sure...if the lebron experiment fails, we are royally screwed for at least 5 years, probably more. And if AD doesn't sign a long-term contract it's really gonna be ugly. Everything hinges on the next 2-3 seasons. Maybe, if we're lucky Kawhi will sign with us once lebron is gone.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Have a fun season y’all.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Don't think DLO makes the allstar team last year in a guard stacked West if he stays. I mean he was an injury replacement in the east.
But letting that go, we really shouldn't underestimate BRK player development systemoop. They've turned Dinwiddie, Levert, Allen, and Harris into studs as well. And DLO had a chip on his shoulder after he was traded that he didn't have here.

I wish we kept DLO, but I don't like assuming he's an allstar if he stays. I mean Conley and Jrue Holiday will never make an allstar team because they play in the West.

Absolutely correct, the assumption in the argument is that if DLO stayed with Lakers, he would have been an all star. Only god knows.

Plus, how many times have teams struck with their young players and they end up going to an another team when they become greater (you being struck with the development bill). What a smart team does is a high debatable topic and only after the fact, does it become apparent how smart the move was...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Maybe, if we're lucky Kawhi will sign with us once lebron is gone.

A 31 year old with degenerative knee problems that will never heal signing with the Lakers?

You really do want long term success for the club ...
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

But letting that go, we really shouldn't underestimate BRK player development systemoop. They've turned Dinwiddie, Levert, Allen, and Harris into studs as well. And DLO had a chip on his shoulder after he was traded that he didn't have here.

Absolutely correct, the assumption in the argument is that if DLO stayed with Lakers, he would have been an all star. Only god knows.

Plus, how many times have teams struck with their young players and they end up going to an another team when they become greater (you being struck with the development bill). What a smart team does is a high debatable topic and only after the fact, does it become apparent how smart the move was...

The players that will make the all star team already have a popular name. It won't be about their play, unless their team just sucks. Paul George, Westbrook, Harden, Steph, Dame Lillard. Fact is, if we were playing good, one or more of Zo/Dlo/BI/Randle was gonna be an all star because of the Lakers popularity.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Wait for the regular season to get going to judge his explosiveness and all that.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Bron can still shoulder most of the leadership responsibilities, but he'll need AD to be the true #1 option on offense going forward. He just doesn't have the explosion to score in the paint at will anymore.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The players that will make the all star team already have a popular name. It won't be about their play, unless their team just sucks. Paul George, Westbrook, Harden, Steph, Dame Lillard. Fact is, if we were playing good, one or more of Zo/Dlo/BI/Randle was gonna be an all star because of the Lakers popularity.

They're popular because they're some of the best in the league. None of the Laker names you mentioned would have a chance, not even close.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Like I said before, it was dumb to build a team around a 35 year old superstar.

We already put our chips down on the table, and the roulette wheel is spinning. Seems like a waste of time to keep debating whether it was a good bet or not. I'm content to see what happens when the roulette wheel stops.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

They're popular because they're some of the best in the league. None of the Laker names you mentioned would have a chance, not even close.

If we were playing good and winning, they would based on the Lakers popularity.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1169, 1170, 1171 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1170 of 2082
Jump to: