The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1170, 1171, 1172 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Like I said before, it was dumb to build a team around a 35 year old superstar.

We already put our chips down on the table, and the roulette wheel is spinning. Seems like a waste of time to keep debating whether it was a good bet or not. I'm content to see what happens when the roulette wheel stops.

It is a waste. Some times I take time to express my frustrations, though I know it doesn't matter at this point. I'm all with seeing where we can go with what we put together. Outside of wasting our time waiting for Kawhi, when I thought we needed to move on and sign free agents; though I understand why we didn't, I think Rob did a good job with the players we have, the coaching staff they put together. We can go far, if not the finals if we are all healthy.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Like I said before, it was dumb to build a team around a 35 year old superstar.

We already put our chips down on the table, and the roulette wheel is spinning. Seems like a waste of time to keep debating whether it was a good bet or not. I'm content to see what happens when the roulette wheel stops.

It is a waste. Some times I take time to express my frustrations, though I know it doesn't matter at this point. I'm all with seeing where we can go with what we put together. Outside of wasting our time waiting for Kawhi, when I thought we needed to move on and sign free agents; though I understand why we didn't, I think Rob did a good job with the players we have, the coaching staff they put together. We can go far, if not the finals if we are all healthy.

Fair enough. I understand the need to vent.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

If we were playing good and winning, they would based on the Lakers popularity.

I’d say that was the case under the older voting system when Lakers fans stuffed the ballot box for guys like AC Green.

The new system where fans, players and media vote minimizes the ability of fans to pick undeserving starters. I don’t see any evidence that the coaches who choose the reserves care what team guys play for.

When I look over the last 20 years, I don't really see any Lakers who were named all-stars who didn't deserve it based on their performance (other than maybe Kobe being voted in by fans at the end of his career when he was injured, but he's obviously a special case).

But, sure, if, say, Russell was here, playing really well, and the Lakers were winning, he could be an all-star. But that would be more about him playing really well and his team winning than about being a Laker per se.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
Maybe, if we're lucky Kawhi will sign with us once lebron is gone.

A 31 year old with degenerative knee problems that will never heal signing with the Lakers?

You really do want long term success for the club ...

You joined the site when we signed lebron. I highly doubt you care about the success of the Lakers. Otherwise, why would that not be a good idea, but signing a 34 year old aging player was.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:

A 31 year old with degenerative knee problems that will never heal signing with the Lakers?

You joined the site when we signed lebron. I highly doubt you care about the success of the Lakers. Otherwise, why would that not be a good idea, but signing a 34 year old aging player was.

To me, the bigger point is in the NBA today you can't get worked up about the "long term." Superstars move around so much now that it's much harder to keep a team together for more than a few years. I don't know that you can really plan beyond three years anymore.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:

I've never said signing Lebron was a good idea at a time when Lakers were focusing on youth.

However if you hate the idea of signing Lebron because he's old and would destroy they club, but you love the idea of signing a crippled aging and in decline Kawhi, you have double standards coming out of your ears.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:

Remember Cris Carter? The guy who's close to Kawhi's family and was the trusted spokesperson of Kawhi when he was choosing clubs. Well Cris came out and said he was battling a little tendonitis in his left knee in the finals while dealing with his right quad, which was outed to be tendonopathy by the Spur's doctors. So this guy who has a degenertive right knee, and now was playing with tendonitis in his left knee, who's on severe load management because his body is breaking down, this is the guy who in 3 years time you want us to give the max too?

If you want the Lakers to have the number 1 draft pick the following year then I guess that's a working strategy ...
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:

I've never said signing Lebron was a good idea at a time when Lakers were focusing on youth.

However if you hate the idea of signing Lebron because he's old and would destroy they club, but you love the idea of signing a crippled aging and in decline Kawhi, you have double standards coming out of your ears.

ouch.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Even though Bron is the leader, I think he’s past the point of being the best player on a title team.

Fortunately I believe Davis is good enough to be the go-to guy, which makes Lebron by far is the best 2nd option in the nba...if he accepts that role...which I think he will, he’s always been a point guard at heart.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Anyone catch LBJ’s comment on Morey. Well said!

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1183927797728894976?s=21
nbcbballthemesong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

Nike approved

Seriously, social warrior Lebron just lost all cred in the blink of an eye
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

nbcbballthemesong wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Nike approved

Seriously, social warrior Lebron just lost all cred in the blink of an eye

Had to put his opinion out, ugh.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm done with the lakers until Bron is gone. Dude is a joke.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Loved Lebron's statement.

Logical and rational. Proud to be a LBJ fan
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

I was disappointed in Lebron myself. Jocks shouldn't be opining on complicated world situations that they really don't understand.

If that was all he had to offer up, he should have kept his mouth shut.

There are more important things than money. The way the whole NBA bowed to totalitarianism made me lose respect for the league as a whole.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
AD23 wrote:

I was disappointed in Lebron myself. Jocks shouldn't be opining on complicated world situations that they really don't understand.

There are more important things than money. The way the whole NBA bowed to totalitarianism made me lose respect for the league as a whole.

Shows me the league knows it’s priority
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

I was annoyed at all the people who wanted Lebron to say something while in China. Like are you kidding me? Speak up and get mobbed and beaten down? It was a stupid idea.

As for what he said about Morey ... he's not wrong. I doubt Morey is educated on the situation at hand when he spoke.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

He’s gonna get drug for this. Essentially saying don’t be letting your morals mess up our money. Lose lose situation to comment on it IMO.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

Nothing about this is well said.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Lebron clarifies on Twitter:

Let me clear up the confusion. I do not believe there was any consideration for the consequences and ramifications of the tweet. I’m not discussing the substance. Others can talk About that.

My team and this league just went through a difficult week. I think people need to understand what a tweet or statement can do to others. And I believe nobody stopped and considered what would happen. Could have waited a week to send it.

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-lebron-james-clarifies-statement-on-daryl-morey-china-controversy/

It seems like Lebron's real message is - "Because of your stupid a*** we got sent into a no win international firestorm. F*** you Morey"

Hard to argue with that.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
AD23 wrote:

I have no idea what you are like in real life, but your persona on this board makes you seem like a real loser of a human being

I will do my best to avoid reading your posts and interacting with you on this board from this point forward. Life is too short to waste time on someone like you.

Last edited by activeverb on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
AD23 wrote:

much easier for the stars to apologize for what happened instead of nba management.
nbcbballthemesong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I was annoyed at all the people who wanted Lebron to say something while in China. Like are you kidding me? Speak up and get mobbed and beaten down? It was a stupid idea.

As for what he said about Morey ... he's not wrong. I doubt Morey is educated on the situation at hand when he spoke.

Lebron comes off ridiculous....

He insults Morey by saying he wasn't educated before tweeting and when the reporter asks him to elaborate he says:

"I believe he was either misinformed or not really educated on the situation, and if he was, then so be it," James said. "I have no idea, but that is just my belief."

Are you kidding? No wonder why people say shut up and dribble.

I get why he is doing what he is doing....huge money on the line. Lebron is a business man above all else. I'm fine w/ that until the next time he insults us all by raising his fist at the ESPYs or some other lame stunt.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

It would have been awesome if Lebron would say Free Hong Kong. But oh well, you have to protect your brand and money .
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
AD23 wrote:

It just shows that if you offer enough $$ they do more than just "shut up and dribble." They support ruthless authoritarianism.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1170, 1171, 1172 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1171 of 2086
Jump to: